• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Top 5 Video game Badasses

I really do not feel like reposting my previous Top 5s for alot of reasons. 1: Waste of time since most members have seen them. 2: I don't feel like pissing off the staff members for possible SPAM. 3: I like watching Big Bang Theory, OKAY?!

Anyway, this Top 5 revolves around the most hardcore, badass game characters from any game. It doesn't matter if there a chick/guy/android alien monster thing as they fit the definition of BA. You can comment on my choices or post your own. Let's Begin.

5.- Marcus Fenix-Gears of War 1 & 2
Microsoft wanted a guy with an attidude that said "blow sh*t up first, ask questions later". Well, they got what they wanted. :p He didn't have much backstory till GOW2, but it's okay since 3's trailer at E3, (Although Microsoft's confrence sucked flying monkeys) looked amazing.

4.- Cloud (not counting FF VII: Crisis Core/Advent Children)-Final Fantasy VII
Yes, i'm a Final Fantasy nerd. Yes, I realize they made him emo in Advent Children. But I don't care. Becuase I grew up with the Cloud on the PS1. He had to carry around a sword the size of himself.(no innuendo intended)

3.- Professor Layton- Professor Layton trilogy
You don't have to be a Guy who never smiles or have a over-the-top weapon to be badass. Your intellegence and cunning is all you need to be badass. The Professor has proved this time and time again, with solutions that would make Sherlock Holmes shed a tear. Also, making a FREAKIN GUN OUT OF A SLOT MACHINE is pure awesomeness.

2.- Samus- Metriod series
If Lara Croft and Master Chief had a secret love child, Samus would the result. She hunts alien viruses for a living, plus is a bounty hunter for space criminals. If you think that's not badass, get your prioities straight.

1.- Link- Legend of Zelda series
If anybody can get way with wearing green tights in public, it's Link. He has killed Ganon and saved his princess more times than I can count. His games have gotten perfect scores from nearly every gaming magazine possible. You know why? Becuase he can stab Ganon through the forehead, thus turning him to stone. That alone should put him on this list, but the rest of the resons make him number 1.

A

Anonymous

Okay my list of Badasses(1 being the best):

5. Master Cheif (Halo Series)
Its master Cheif dude, thats automaticly badass...

4. Luigi (Mario Bros. Compilation)
He saves Mario's ass twice, in the First Mario Bros. He could jump higher than Mario, In Smash Bros. hes more useful, he always helps Mario kick Bowser's ass every time, yet, he's still modest enough to let Mario take all the credit and Spotlight.

3. Red (Pokemon Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, FireRed, LeafGreen, HeartGold, and SoulSilver)
He is the one person to ever have a pikachu that sweeped my whole team on my first try at battling them. And lets face it, in HG/SS he just looks fucking badass along with the remixed champion music!

2. Cloud (Final Fantasy VII Compilation)
HE KICKED SEPHIROTH'S ASS. And I don't think he was THAT emo in Advent Children, Aerith did die after all and he got over it in KH2. He has that humungus sword that Zack gave him, he's distant and can whup everyone's ass, SquareEnix said it themselves, "Cloud is one of, if not, the most powerful character in the entire Final Fantasy series." If thats not Badass then I don't know what is.

1. Shadow The Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog series)
Is there anything really to say? He's whupped(and saved) sonic's sorry ass multiple times, He kicked Silver in the head, he stole Rouge from Knuckles(not really but still...), His best friend is a robot, he has guns, he punched tails in the face in the anime, and he's BLACK and RED(my 2 fave colors.)

Last edited by a moderator:
It is kid of sad but all the characters I choose are from the Kingdom Hearts series,
5: Riku- HE is a little like Silver in the Pokemon manga to me and that makes him a great ally and enemy at times.
4: Leon- Leon knew when it was time to fight and when the time came for action with his gunblade.
3: Sora(KH2 version)- He got more mature and was more willing to fight to save what he believed in.
2:Roxas- He may have been Sora's "other" but he was a much better fighter. Roxas was a cross of Riku and Sora.
1: Axel- I just loved the way that sometimes it looked like he had a heart until he tried to kill you.
Got It Memorized?

A

Anonymous

Kibetou said:
4: Leon- Leon knew when it was time to fight and when the time came for action with his gunblade.
Just to make sure, we all know that Leon is Squall from Final Fantasy VIII, right?

Rex

Resident Furry
5. Seifer Almasy Final Fantasy VIII - Rival-turned-Antagonist from Final Fantasy VIII. He is one of the few people to have mastered a Gunblade. He kidnaps the President of a major country while he was making a worldwide broadcast. Not to mention the fact that he KILLED Odin. And at the end of the game, he's fishing with his friends, not even suffering any repercussions of his actions.

4. Albert Wesker Resident Evil Series - Main Antagonist of the Resident E4vil series, and probably the only character to appear more times the Chris himself. In the original Resident Evil, he injects himself with a virus that only starts working after he's been killed, this means that he allows the Tyrant to murder him, and then comes back to life with superhuman abilities. Afterward, he uses these abilities to defeat nearly every other major character in the series.

3. Heather Mason Silent Hill 3 - Every Protagonist of the Silent Hill series is automatically badass, but Heather stands out a bit. She is the reincarnated form of Alessa Gillespie and Cheryl Mason, who was adopted by the Protagonist of the first game, Harry Mason, after he defeated the Incubus. Heather is supposed to be the birth mother of God, but instead she eats a pill of Aglaophotis, and spits the thing out. After Claudia Wolf ingests the small fetus and births an imperfect God in Heather's place, she kills the thing, and goes back to pick up Douglas with a smile.

2. Bill Overbeck Left 4 Dead - One of the four playable characters of the original Left 4 Dead. A United States Army Veteran who served in Vietnam. If the state of Bill's jacket is any proof, he survived an encounter with a Witch sometime in the past. Between the events of Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2, Bill sacrifices himself to save Louis, Zoey, and Francis. And even then, it appears that it took a one on one with a Tank to finally take him down.

1. Luxord Kingdom Hearts II - Number X in Organization XIII, Luxord is the third to last of the Organization to fall. He reveals himself in Port Royal, cursing not just Jack Sparrow but the Grim Reaper Heartless as well. He captures the Black Pearl and invokes Parley before Jack can shoot him, then forces the heros onto the Interceptor which he promptly blows to bits. Even after the Grim Reaper is killed, he remains calm, taking the heart and returning back to The World That Never Was. Once Sora and co. make it to his room in the castle, he kidnaps Sora's friends and takes him on one on one. Depending on how good the player is, he can beat Sora to a bloody pulp with cards and dice.

Heh, why not?

5. Sephiroth - Anybody who has a freaking choir singing in latin about them to the sounds of an orchestra is automatically a Badass. Then there's the whole thing where he burns down an entire town, sends people running just at the mention of his name, and summons a meteor to destroy the world. Even though he's completely cliche, I still love him from my glory days on the psx.

4. Vincent Valentine - Yes, another from the Final Fantasy series, simply because Vincent is amazing. Whether it's in FFVII, Advent Children, or Dirge of Cerberus (Turks Vincent is amazing, play the tutorial just for that) he will always be the most BA character from FFVII in my book. Vampire/not really a vampire but everyone declared him one anyway because he was sleeping in a coffin. He underwent crazy Mako testing and can now become various beasts, when he's not in his Limit Break he's got a triple barreled gun named after the three headed guard of the underworld. Sex.

3. Wander - He takes on giant mountains that want to kill him with nothing but a crappy little bow and a sword all for the sake of rescuing his dead girlfriend. Despite his clear disadvantage he still takes them on without even hesitating.

2. Axel/Reno - Here's the reason I grouped them together, for one thing, they are voiced by the same voice actor, Axel was clearly based on the character of Reno, and my love of Reno automatically puts Axel in the running. Both of them just have that attitude where they know that they are awesome, but they aren't utter douches about it. That and the fact that Axel takes on an entire wave of Nobodies by himself. Oh crap, or was it Heartless? Either way it was incredibly BA.

1. Squall Leonhart - I admit that I'm biased on this decision because Squall will forever be my favorite FF character of all time, it's also true that he is a badass. One of the few people to master a gunblade, aside from Seifer, and taking on future sorceresses and past sorceresses and a whole crapload of crazy things. I don't know, but just throughout the course of the game, he just proves that he's a badass from everything that he goes through.

There ya go, not exactly the most eloquent explanations, but I've never really thought about why I find characters badass, I just do. Most of the time I just like their personalities or just through the course of the game I just start to love them even more. Also, lulz all of them are FF related except poor lonely Wander XP

Well interesting.

5. Yoshi (Super Mario World, Mario Party Series, Yoshi's island, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, etc.) Yoshi (sometimes specified as Green Yoshi) is one of the heroes of Mushroom World and an ally of Mario. He is a member of the Yoshi race and has aided his brethren in saving their homeland on multiple occasions. Yoshi has also saved other kingdoms from the villain Bowser as well. In his youth, Yoshi managed to rescue and protect Baby Mario and Baby Luigi from the wrath of Kamek and the Koopa Troop. According to Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Yoshi is the only one of his species who can speak the human language. However, in later games, he doesn't speak the human language (as shown in Mario Superstar Baseball and Mario Super Sluggers). This is contradicted once again, in Super Mario Galaxy 2, when Yoshi speaks in perfect English. Yoshi made his very first appearance in the Super Mario World level, Yoshi's Island 2.

4. Avatar Aang (Avatar the Last Airbender series) Avatar Aang, an Air Nomad, is the current Avatar, the manifestation of the world in human form, and thus the only person in the Avatar world who can use all four bending disciplines: Airbending, Waterbending, Earthbending and Firebending. He is also one of the few Avatars to learn Energybending, and the only one to use it during the series.
Before the beginning of the series, Aang was frozen in an iceberg for 100 years. He emerges, still biologically twelve years old, into a world engulfed by war. During his absence, the Fire Nation waged war with the other nations, and managed to completely wipe out the Air Nomads. It falls to Aang, the last of his kind, to put a stop to the war by mastering the other three elements and defeating Fire Lord Ozai. He remains something of a goofy, kind kid at heart, despite the overwhelming loss of his people and the heavy burdens with which he has been given.

3. Barry (PKMN D/PE/PL) Barry (Japanese: ジュン Jun) is the rival character in Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.
His father is Palmer, one of the Sinnoh Battle Frontier's five Frontier Brains. Barry wants to be like him, which is the reason he is so determined and trains hard.

2. Francis (Left 4 Dead) Cocky, loud, and pretty sure he's indestructible, Francis acts like the zombie apocalypse is the world's biggest bar fight. When the virus hit, everybody else stockpiled food and looked for a place to hide. Francis found a gun and had some fun. No cops, no laws, no order—if it wasn't for all the zombies, he could almost get used to life like this.

1. Nick (Left 4 Dead 2) A lifetime of drifting from city to city, finding back-alley card games and trying to stay out of jail has taught Nick two valuable lessons: Don’t trust anyone, and look out for number one.
He’d come down to Savannah looking for some gullible fish on the riverboat gambling cruise circuit. Instead he found a city about to be engulfed by infection. Now he finds himself forced together with three complete strangers in a fragile alliance that goes against every instinct he lives by. But he’s going to have to learn to trust them if he wants to survive.

Go SMB, ATLA, PKMN, L4D, and L4D2!

Last edited by a moderator:
Number 5: Larxene.(KH: CoM) She maybe a crazy psycho.....witch, but she knows what she's doing. Just today in KH Re: CoM, I got my ass handed to me on a silver platter ten times!
Number 4: Luxord (KH2): He's a gambler, he out-wiled my hero (Captain Jack Sparrow), and his attitude is the calmest of all the Org. XIII members, even more than Axel.
Number 3: Kirby...yes, the pink puff ball. I love this guy to death, his powers are beast, AND he's my best character in Melee (sadly, I don't own a Wii, or I'd have Brawl)
Number 2: Dimitri (Sly Cooper 2 and 3) He has been my favorite Sly Cooper character since I first battled him in Sly 2. I love the way he speaks, he's an awesome fighter, and he's the only character to have his own song. As Dimitri has said many times before: "Show your bling, and let me shine you!"
Number 1: Shadow the Hedgehog/ Dr. Eggman- I love these characters. 'Nuff said.

Square Enix is slowly taking over this thread :x

5. Zafina (Tekken 6) Her stance might be strange, if not utterly sexy, but with her creepy crawly movements and throws that snap your neck in two with her thighs, Zafina is one of my fave characters in the series. Also her win quote is well, win. "Leave now...and you may live."

4. Shinjiro Aragaki (Persona 3) Shinjiro might be likeable (or maybe its just the fact that he's one of the more powerful characters in the game) But there's no denying his hunched up posture, long flowing coat and mean disposition makes him totally badass.

3. Elizabeth (Persona 3) deemed as the toughest boss in the Persona series ever. Elizabeth even knows when you're cheating with items, and instakills you for your troubles. Plus, her midbattle quote is also ♥ "I make my living as an elevator attendant. But I know several effective methods of inflicting pain. Try to kill me, if you can."

2. Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear series) Dude, just look at his name. If that's not badass, I don't know what else is.

1. The Player (Pokemon Series) Well, how badass he is is entirely up to you, but that's why he/she is number one. He/she has the most potential to be badass since her actions are based on your decisions.

Okeh, here's my top 5:

5. Solid Snake - Metal Gear series - He's just awesome. He hides in a box, and he pilots a giant nuclear robot! Plus, he was in Super Smash Bros., and I always imagined him sneaking up behind Mario and slitting his throat or something.

4. Seargent "Soap" MacTavish - Call Of Duty series - ANYONE whose nickname is Soap has to be badass. One of the main reasons I picked him, was for his ability to make snowmobiles fly.

3. Leon Kennedy - Resident Evil series - He's a cop, killing just about everyone in Southwest Europe, and he's rescuing the President's daughter. 'Nuff said.

2. Kratos - God Of War series - I really like Kratos, but I imagine he wouldn't like me because I'm alive. But he's a God, trying to kill multiple other Gods. He also uses Helios's head as his own personal flashlight.

1. Kirby - Kirby series - He's pink, small, and just all around PWNAGE. Plus, if your on his bad side, he'll eat you and steal your soul!

Hm... Let's see. I've been on a total Halo kick recently >>;;

5.) Sho Minamimoto, The World Ends With You: C'mon. The guy builds piles of junk, then screams math functions from the top of them. Then he summons up noise for the eff of it.

4.) Thel 'Vadam, Halo 2 and Halo 3: (AKA Arby) His armor is so antiquated, he can't even use camo for more than 10 seconds. Unless you're playing Halo 3, but that's just a plot hole. Not to mention he's one of the primary Separatist leaders.

3.) Xytan 'Jar Wattinree, Halo 2. This guy was a separatist badass. The game doesn't make sense without him.

2.) Sgt. Avery J. Johnson, Halo series: Any list without this guy is just pointless. He survived the detonation of Halo. By himself. And then he was killed by a Monitor who went bitchmode. But not even death can stop Johnson from badassery.

And finally.

1.) Rtas 'Vadumee, Halo 2 and Halo 3: (AKA Half-Jaw, AKA Spec-Ops Commander, AKA commander of the carrier Shadow of Intent). Half of his face is missing, and he still argues it up with Lord Hood. Not to mention he's just generally awesome.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
The numbers (except No.1) are a bit loose, but there is still some sort-of order here:

5 - Samus Aran, Metroid. She's basically a silent destroyer, almost never utters a word outside of the occasional narrative in Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion and Metroid Zero Mission, and destroys hordes of Metroids, space pirates and other countless adversaries such as the Ing and phazon-infused monstrosities. Focused on her mission and almost never showing a shred of fear as she faces the likes of Kraid and Ridley, that kind of firepower and unwavering focus (even though it makes her seem robotic at times) is enough to make her pretty bad-ass. Extra props for being one of the few female protagonists in an action-based gaming genre who doesn't exist for fanservice. Yes, Lara Croft, I'm talking about you.

4 - Gordon Freeman, Half-Life. Similar to Samus in terms of personality (in that he doesn't really show much personality) although I would say Samus shows more personality than Dr. Freeman. So, why does Gordon beat Samus to No.4? Well, Gordon charges through hordes of enemies similar to the way Samus does, and while Samus arguably faces enemies far nastier than Gordon, Gordon is also considerably less heavily armed - Samus has her awesome power suit and weapons out the ass - Gordon just has his hazard suit, ever-trusty crowbar and whatever other weapons he can gather on his way. On top of that, Samus is a trained bounty hunter ready for combat, whereas Gordon was merely a lab scientist before being thrown into battle. Definitely got to give props to Gordon for that.

3 - Marcus Fenix, Gears of War. Marcus Fenix is tough, all-business and no-nonsense. He'll fight to the end against the Locust horde, and despite his cold, unfriendly attitude he still shows some level of caring for his fellow team-mates in Delta Squad. Of course, it's in combat that Fenix shows off how bad-ass he really is, as he pumps the Locust full of lead, chainsaws their limbs off and shows no mercy to the wounded enemies, either stomping their brains into paste as they crawl on the ground bleeding from gunshot wounds, or even using those enemies as meatshields, forcing them to get shot to pieces for his own protection. Fenix is viciously ruthless to his enemies and deadly in combat, and that combined with his cold, tough personality gets him the No.3 spot.

2 - Ganondorf, Legend of Zelda. You knew Ganondorf had to appear somewhere, and here he is at No.2. While he may not beat Fenix in terms of bad-ass personality, he more than makes up for it with his evil nature and unbelievable power - almost no weapon can harm Ganondorf thanks to the Triforce of Power he wields - the Master Sword and Light Arrows are two of a very short list of weapons that can hurt the King of Evil. His immense strength, dark magic and his ability to transform into the beast Ganon make Ganondorf an extremely dangerous and near-unstoppable adversary in the Legend of Zelda canon, although recently his disappointing boss battles, especially in Twilight Princess, have hurt his credibility a little. Can the Dark Lord ever possibly make up for these shortcomings and oust the No.1 guy from the top of the castle?

1 - Duke Nukem, Duke Nukem 3D ...honestly, thinking about it, I doubt anyone could knock this guy off the top - Duke Nukem is just on a whole other level of badassery that no others can match. Faced with alien monstrosities, some as gigantic as the horrifying beasts Samus faces in her missions, Duke's personality never wavers, and he always has a one-liner available to trash-talk every enemy that stands in his way. Duke's firepower is nothing to laugh at either - he can definitely back up his tough talk with his deadly arsenal of weapons, but what makes him stand out most is firstly his appearance - the sunglasses show that Duke has no fear and walks into battle cool, calm, ready to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and when he says he's going to rip your head off and shit down your neck, he means it, as he showed at the end of Duke Nukem 3D's second episode where he did just that to the gigantic alien boss. If badassery could ever take a pure, physical form, it would take the form of Duke Nukem.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
5 - Officer Tenpenny - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

4 - Officer Tenpenny - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

3 - Officer Tenpenny - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

2 - Officer Tenpenny - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

1 - Officer Tenpenny - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

The dude's Samuel Motherfucking L Jackson. He's the alpha and omega of badassery. Everyone else in this topic pales in comparison - especially the fail of Nintendard characters.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
"Extra props for being one of the few female protagonists in an action-based gaming genre who doesn't exist for fanservice. Yes, Lara Croft, I'm talking about you."

As much as I love Samus, considering the incentive a lot of the player base has to beat the game quickly is to see her get half naked... (And worse yet, the motherfucking Zero Suit. X_______X)... Yeah.

Hn. My list is probably going to be full of characters you people won't recognize. But here goes.

1. SHODAN, System Shock series.
What do you get when your character hacks into an AI, removes her morality routines and lets her run a station for six months while he recovers from having a neural implant installed? A bloody nightmare with a god complex who pretty much stalks you, watches your every move, taunts you, plays mind games with you, and then feeds you to her mutants which she pretty much wants to unleash on Earth. Also, she survives being killed thoroughly and in the second game you have to work with her to eliminate her mutant children who went out of control and pretty much orders your nano-implanted soldier who is completely unrelated to the first game's character around like the bitch that he is. There you have a character who is not only one of the best villains ever, but also a badass just by being around. Suck on THAT, GLaDOS. >>;

2. Brad Evans, Wild ARMs: 2nd Ignition
6'6'' tall, dark, heavily muscled and specializing in heavy weaponry, Brad's presence alone is quite intimidating. A former war hero hunted down as a war criminal when the war was over, Brad was imprisoned and had a bomb implanted in his neck that can be remotely detonated in case he becomes unruly. And he's pretty cool with it. He's pretty cool with everything, actually. He does some seriously badass things through the game too, but that would be epic spoilers, so, I'll not point them out. Point of the matter is, he defines badass. And 95% of you never heard he exists.

3. Kerrigan, the Queen of Blades, StarCraft
I had a hard time choosing #3 as StarCraft is FULL of badasses - Zeratul, Raynor, Fenix... Yeah. But I picked Kerrigan because it takes a special kind of badassery to survive the crazy shit Kerrigan went through and not only come out on top but come out as, in her own words, pretty much the queen bitch of the universe. From being created as a semi-mindless murder-weapon to single-handedly controlling a massive swarm of ferocious evolution-and-consumption machines that are the biggest threat the universe has yet to face... Not bad for one used to be one psychic Terran girl. >>;

4. Minsc, Baldur's Gate series
"GO FOR THE EYES, BOO, GO FOR THE EYES, YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGH!"
This guy is pretty much the craziest mofo I've ever had the honor of having fight by my side in a video game. A Chaotic Good Ranger-Berserker, he is a man with a mission - to righteously kick the butts of all things evil - and he does it with some awesomely hillarious one-liners... and a pet Miniature Giant Space Hamster which he calls Boo. And for double the roffles, he can be equipped with Lilarcor, the sentient sword - who, as a sword, is pretty one-dimensional in what it wants - to kill something. Preferably evil, but it's not picky. XD

5. Still pending. Stay tuned for when I can think of one!

5.Red - Heart Gold, Soul silver, gold, silver, crystal He's so badass, he stands at the top of a snowy mountain in a T-shirt. He's a mute aswell, doesn't say anything just gets straight to battling.
4.Coach - left for dead 2 - He is epic, I think he becomes badass when you pick up that baseball bat and smash the crap out of zombies.
3.Kirby - Eats you up spits you out. Insanely tank, virtually impossible to kill.
2.Kratos - God of War - only played God of War 2, but he proved to be badass when he smashed a priests face into a book he is ment to be reading.
1.Snake - Metal gear solid - "The perfect soldier", He is so epic they clone him into 3 copies just to try and get another guy like him. You can tranqulize them or guns out blasting everyone you see.

Mystic_Suicune said:
Number 5: Larxene.(KH: CoM) She maybe a crazy psycho.....witch, but she knows what she's doing. Just today in KH Re: CoM, I got my ass handed to me on a silver platter ten times!
Number 4: Luxord (KH2): He's a gambler, he out-wiled my hero (Captain Jack Sparrow), and his attitude is the calmest of all the Org. XIII members, even more than Axel.
Number 3: Kirby...yes, the pink puff ball. I love this guy to death, his powers are beast, AND he's my best character in Melee (sadly, I don't own a Wii, or I'd have Brawl)
Number 2: Dimitri (Sly Cooper 2 and 3) He has been my favorite Sly Cooper character since I first battled him in Sly 2. I love the way he speaks, he's an awesome fighter, and he's the only character to have his own song. As Dimitri has said many times before: "Show your bling, and let me shine you!"
Number 1: Shadow the Hedgehog/ Dr. Eggman- I love these characters. 'Nuff said.

Get a Wii and Super Smash Brothers Brawl!! It is the best game ever! If you don't like brawl, you suffer from boring game syndrome. (BGS)

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I have no idea what you were trying to prove there. This is both off-topic, spammy, and... slightly rude.

Warn'd.

5. Dante- Devil May Cry

4. Solid Snake- Metal Gear

3. Duke Nukem- Duke Nukem

2. Master Chief- Halo

1. idk why he wasnt mentioned yet but im going with Auron from Final Fantasy X
i mean o.o hes just a badass :o

5) Kratos- God of War series. I don't own any GOW games, but from what I've played, I can tell that Kratos doesn't need to lift a single bleached finger to make this list. Mass monster genocide, the natural skills enough to take down KRONOS single-handedly, among many other skills make The Ghost of Sparta at least number five.

4) Dark Link- The Legend of Zelda series. When I was only nine years old, I was stuck in the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time. We all were at some point. But after hours of cycling through water levels, I did eventually find that key, and I rushed quickly to the next area. What did I find there, you ask? Lake Hylia, drained of its clear waters, its lone tree standing broken in the middle. Both possible exits were barred over. I was trapped in this dystopian future. But what was this? A black figure emerged from the white mist, an unmistakable reflection of our noble hero. Ah, Dark Link. The watery reflection of the evil in all of us. The monster who whispers songs of destruction into the ears of every man, woman and child. Badass, indeed.

3) Ballos- Cave Story. Anyone here played Cave Story? No? Well, in it, the best possible ending posed the hardest possible challenge. You had to save your girlfriend, restore her memory, save the old professsor, kill the evil doctor, save your friend's little sister, and cause the flying island you've been living on to crash into the ground, and clear the Bonus Level of Hell, as Tv Tropes so accurately puts it. At the end of this great, spike-filled death hole, you find a little dog, who informs you that everything you've done so far, nigh on 20 hours of gameplay, has been utterly futile. If you cannot kill this wizard, the world is over. Ballos, is his name, and the floating island I mentioned earlier is simply a prison to contain his homocidal rage. You see, in his youth, Ballos was commissioned to create an artifact called the Demon Crown, a device that granted the user rudimentary magical powers. Upon seeing the chaos he had created, Ballos rebelled against the Demon King, who promptly tortured him to the point of insanity. No longer able to control his magic, Ballos destroyed the entire kingdom, including his wife and infant child. It's a moving tale that transformed an honest man into a monster. Badass would be an understatement.

2) Magus- Chrono Trigger. Oh, another troubled wizard. How original. If you've played Chrono Trigger, (which is mandatory if you consider yourself a gamer) then you know his life story is almost as traumatic as Ballos'. If you haven't, I hereby lay a curse on you and your wretched descendants. What makes him more badass is the Jean Valjean-esque allignment. At the beginning of the game, you're sure Magus is evil, but by the end, you discover that everything he's done so far was in the name of ultimate good. Badass, and a noble hero? Fuck yes. Victor Hugo would be proud.

1) Deadpool- Marvel Ultimate Alliance. 'nuff said.