• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Top 10 Fave Pokemon Songs - English or Japanese?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Like the subject says, what are your top 10 favorite Pokemon songs, may they be English or Japanese? If you can't name 10 that's fine, but I don't want to see any 15+ lists. Favorite means "favorite" ;p

As for me, in order:

10. Advance Adventure - 6th Japanese intro
9. You & Me & Pokemon - Totally Pokemon CD
8. The Legend Comes to Life - The Power of One (P2k)
7. Make a Wish - Jirachi Wish Maker ending
6. The Pokemon Theme - 1st season dub
5. Ready Go! - 5th Japanese intro
4. Soko ni Sora ga Arukara - 1st Advanced Generation ending
3. Mezase Pokemon Master 2001- 4th Japanese intro
2. Pockettaari Monstaarri - 12th Japanese TV ending
1. Chiisaki Mono - 6th Japanese movie ending

Note: I know Chiisaki Mono and Make a Wish are basically the same, but their differences are enough to make them separate songs. The fact that I can't listen to "Make a Wish" easily also puts it down on my list… Lastly, this list changes week to week depending on my mood, and the newest Japanese intro would be on it if it had an extended version. w00t.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
1 - Pokemon Symphonic Medley
2 - Advance Adventure, or as it's more commonly known - Waku Waku
3 - I wanna be the very best - the first Pokemon theme
4 - OK!
5 - Johto League Champions
6 - Pokemon Live Finale (Also known as Pokemon 5th movie credits)
7 - What kind of Pokemon are you
8 - Double Trouble
9 - Chisakii Mono
10 - Mezaze Pokemon Master

The last two are down at the bottom more because I didn't know where to really put them - but they're definitely favourites.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I don't really have an ordered list, but, here goes. My personal favorites:

- Chiisaki Mono (6th Movie Endsong)
- Soko ni Sora ga Arukara (First Endsong of AG)
- Boku no Best Friend E (Mewtwo Lives! Endsong)
- Kaze to Isshoni (Mewtwo Strikes Back Endsong... I've developed quite a love for that song lately)
- Mezase PokeMon Master '98 (Mewtwo Strikes Back version of the original opening song)
- Ready Go! (5th Season Opening)
- Advance Adventure (Waku Waku! xD)
- Advance Adventure Acoustic Version

There are only two english songs I like, and one of them isn't really a song...

- The Power of One (Performed by Donna Summer, P2k Endsong. So pretty.)
- The Legend Comes to Life (Lugia's Theme in P2k. Yeah, Instrumentals DO count. X_X)

I like the battle themes for trainer battles from RS. Also P2k did have the best music in English, probably. I have to listen to them again...

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I have a least favourite, if that helps: "They Don't Understand" by Dream Street. Everything about it is completely sucky:
a) it's about adolescence, not Pokemon. If you look at the lyrics, the Pokemon bits are just thrown into a generic teenage angst song.
b) it says that adults couldn't ever possibly understand Pokemon, which is rubbish (I am still planning in my copious free time to set up a Support Group For Adult Fans Of Pokemon).
c) the band are ~14 year old boys at varying stages of puberty. 14 y.o. boys are sexy and mature only to 10 y.o. girls, or the sort of people you don't want anywhere near children (no Michael Jackson jokes, please). This disturbs me.
d) The bit on the live performance on the P2K disc (iirc) where the blond Macaulay Calkin-a-like kid with the bowl haircut screams "What it means - owwww!" completely out-of-key with the rest of the song (and not helped by the fact the song has decided to go through an obligatory key change at that point) made me throw things at the television.

Yup.

The other song I don't care much is the Pichu Brothers song (from Pokemon Channel, and probably other places) in English. The lyrics are stupid and the guy's voice is annoying. But "Bokura Pichu Pichu Burazazu" in Japanese is amazing, and up there in my top 10 Pokemon songs. The girl singer's voice is kinda... cheeky, which fits the idea of two naughty child Pokemon much better than a low-pitched, crooning male.

10. Challenger! (2nd AG opening)
9. Hitoribachi Ja nai (5th movie ending)
8. Type Wild (5th anime ending)
7. Mezase Pokemon Master (1st anime opening)
6. Aratanaru Chikai (opening of Raikou: Legend of Thunder)
5. OK! (3rd anime opening)
4. Soko ni Sora ga Arukara (1st AG ending)
3. Kaze To Isshoni (1st Japanese movie ending)
2. Chiisaki Mono (6th Japanese movie ending)
1. Ready Go! (5th anime opening)

The only English songs I can stand are Be the Very Best (Kanto season) and Born to be a Winner (Johto League Champions).

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Gravedigging a topic that's FOUR YEARS old? I suggest you read the rules before posting again.

Warned and locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.