• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

too obsessed with pokemon!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

ElectricGymleaderAutumn said:
:'( Most people I know are mean to me because all I talk about is Pokemon so I only have 4 freinds. *sniffle* :'(
hey me too but I only have two friends!

1. I dream that I am the pokemon master (when im not dreaming about cute boys)
2.I watched the mudkipz insane edition (or something like that anyway) on youtube

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a litterall obsession with pokemon

Every chance i get at school i draw pokemon

I always draw pokemon

I play the games 24/7

i love to tell my friends about pokemon

i love spriting pokemon

and lastly, i watch pokemon,even if it's japanese!

Oh yes. I think it's safe to say I'd started this long ago.

• Yellow got me hooked at the age of six.
  • I've played every game but the N64/Wii ones.
  • Been following the Pokemon Adventures until it was licensed again (speaking of which, where can I find it elsewhere? What I can buy where I live, they cut out probably half of the pages. T_T).
  • Am currently trying to stay caught up on the anime, while watching missed episodes from when I was younger. (All the way back to season 1.)
  • Have multiple fanfictions or fannovels on the series.
  • Have an original region of my own and characters/plot-in-progress to match, although it admittedly uses the boundless amounts of canon pokemon.
  • Doodle pokemon off and on.
  • Have spent countless hours improving already existing plotlines (see Rising Darkness when its posted).

And that would just be off the top of my head. ^_^"

I used to be obsessed to the point of almost making a religion about it! (When I was 9!)

Now though, at 13, I just play the games, and go on this site. I also watch the occasional Youtube vid, if any of the users I have subscribed to have posted one. Thank God!

I do play it a lot, but I don't let it get in the way of my social life. Like, y'know, the occasional joke about my goddamn Gengar only finding magikarps on the pokewalker (I know how to use it) when I'm in the lunch line, or a drawing of a Snorlax, with some sort of social commentary scribbled underneath. I can transform a quality not usually desirable in a 14-year old boy into a mechanism of my wit. It really depends on how you express your fandom of it.

So, no. I participate a lot in the fandom, but I'm not obsessed.

Haha!XD By the time I was 3, I was hooked on Pokemon. I would sit in front of the TV and watch it 24/7. In kindergarten, I would play pretend that I was having battles with my pokemon. I didn't actually get hooked on the games till is was 8 :p . When ever new versions would come out I would spend all night trying to finish the game. I use to feel like a geek, because I would be the only one at my High School who still played pokemon. Till HeartGold and SoulSilver came out ,then everyone was like "Poke Walkers FTW 8D !!" It's nice not feel like such a dork, though I think everyone just got into it was because of those :-\ .

I love it so much I have a munchlax ringtone & I use munchlaxs as my profile picture on EVERYTHING. from this, to my buddy icon. sometimes I even put the phrase 'Poke' on non pokemon related stuff, like 'PokeMathbook'.

There's no such thing as 'too obsessed with Pokémon' (:

When I was around three/four/five, I'd get up every Saturday morning and watch Pokémon with my Dad and brother, Shewzo. I'd collect the Pokémon cards (still do) and have Pokémon battles with the children my age (you understand that's slightly more difficult being fourteen now...) and constantly wished for a real Pokémon.

By the end of primary school and start of high school, Pokémon was frowned upon as a social dissapointment and I kept my mad Poké fetishes mostly to myself.
But once I was well into my first year of high school (oh those scary days~) I began to pick up on some fellow Poké lovers like myself. The first being my best guy friend in the world, Adam, who first spoke to me about it in French. He and I clicked instantly, and he even named his Pokémon Diamond girl and Pokémon after myself and our crazy catchphrases.

Then there was nischi in the same year at CC4G when I saw Pokéshiz on her website. Again- clicked.
And in third year, my friend Naomi and her love for drawing Pokémon- clicked.

I love the games and making my own characters in my head to play games~ I've even started a RP here with nischi. (:

Thanks~

A

Anonymous

I remember when I was five I picked up a bottle of shampoo that said elixir and thought it was a pokémon elixir, I drank it :(

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Obsession? What's that? Pokemon is such a large, intertwined part of my life that I generally don't even think about the obsession side of it. It's just there, all the time, like breathing air. :X

Most recent example of my 'obsession' however is my inability to say off Pokemon websites while at work. The second I have some downtime I'm on Pokecharms, Serebii, etc. It just passes the time so effectively. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't work at a college which strives to be very professional, and sometimes 'Charms distracts me from my actual work. XD But only sometimes! I generally try to be a good little employee and get my work done first. :X

A

Anonymous

pieguy010 said:
lucarioqueen said:
I remember when I was five I picked up a bottle of shampoo that said elixir and thought it was a pokémon elixir, I drank it :(
Did it restore your PP? ;D
Why yes, yes it did (stupid shortage of funny jokes in reply to that remark!)

I still watch the anime. My little brother (who's actually rather popular at school) blames Pokemon for my unpopularity.

The weird things that I do? Let's see...
1. The only games I have on my handheld emulators are Pokemon games.
2. I look up Pokemon music all the time on YouTube.
3. We have a bunch of Pokemon manuals and crap in my house (we actually have a really old one from 1st Gen), and they seem to be the only things I read anymore.
4. I watch the Pokemon Sunday episodes that they actually have on YouTube, and I don't speak a single word in Japanese other than "Arigato", "Konichiwa", "Sayonara", and "Domo".

That's about it, I guess....

now this topic is interesting in my part!!!!

whenever I'm alone,I used to think and imagine of my own story in pokemon and putting myself (including some of my friends) in the story,following some of the same trends in ash's story..whenever I'm at school,i used to think of my other pokemons in my gameboy and pretend they're real and they'll run towards me and and greet me when I arrived home!!that was just so relaxing in my part!!and I always think of them whenever my day feels boring!!gaah!!! I just love pokemon!!probably you wouldn't measure how deep is my love for pokemons!!!sorry about the"gaah" part..i just don't know how I can express my love for them!!! it's so immeasurable!! this is a nice topic!! I can really tell!! nice job!! it's really interesting!! thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.