• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join TOME: Terrain of Magical Expertise - Masters of the Terrain

In a flash of white light, a towering mech avatar spawned in the wastes of ;Lavendera, eagerly searching the canyon for potential opponents. Oddly enough though, there didn't seem to be anyone around. The mech's pilot scratched their head in confusion. This was a pretty popular hang out spot, after all. It didn't make much sense that it would be stark empty! That was, at least, until the player realized what day it was.

"Oh for the love a-there's a tourney today, isn't there?!" Pulling up the in-game news feed, they found that there was indeed a tournament at the manor. To add insult to injury, it also looked like sign-ups closed up a while ago. "Well, ain't that a kick in the teeth." While it was a shame they wouldn't get to participate in the tournament, the pilot wasn't too bothered. They would get their kicks one way or another.

Rolling out the mech's metal arms, the player prepped up their Overclock ability to make way for the manor; even if the tournament was closed, there would definitely still be people there! Technically the Overclock would leave them vulnerable to attack, but any attacker would still need their permission to load up a grid. As for attacking out of the blue...well, as they say, 'only scrubs play this game without a grid.' It may have been a few days since they last logged in, but the mechanical player was pretty sure they could take a few scrubs. Might even be fun!

"Aight, time to get this show on the road!” The mech released jets of steam from the vents that littered its body, and began running at a breakneck speed toward ;Lavendera's forest. The pilot blazed through the woods, barely managing to sidestep the numerous trees. Eventuall, they managed to reach the manor area, coming to a screeching halt after comically slamming into a wall. Dizzy from the impact, and their suit briefly drained, the oddball player announced themselves to no one in particular. Anyone who was around, really.

"Ayyyy...Heheh...Look who it is! It's da big bad bot, BadaBing, comin' at ya!"

CN smiled, as he jumped out of the way of the bullet and avoiding the Rocket Burn as well. As the player whizzed past him, CN charged himself with electrical energy and flew after her, using his Electrodash to increase his speed and let him fly. He also threw out three Shockwaves that would hit her if she slowed down.

"Grr.." SF growled before deciding to take a gamble and spun in her charge, her feet impacted against the grid wall before Vulcan Fist onwards against the Shockwaves. She took all three hits, though the paralysis is catching up, her charge is still active as her fists engulfed into blue flames with Butane Strikes. Winding up for a punch before the paralysis kicked in and froze her arm in place. "D-dammit!"

CN smiled, charging up a Lightning Strike again and firing it straight at her. This should be a guaranteed hit, thanks to the paralysis! he thought before back-flipping and charging up dual Zeus Rages to attack SapphireFlare in case she avoided the powerful attack.

SF felt the paralysis effect wearing off, but that didn't give her enough time to fully dodge of out the way as she tried to roll aside, but was hit on her knee and felt the powerful shock from it. "GRAAAAH!!" She yelled as she fell on the floor, trying to get up. SF slowly got up and looked, she watched as CN charged his next attack. 'No... This ain't happening!!' Her anger boiled up as a red aura surrounded her. "DON'T THINK YOU'VE WON YET!!!" SapphireFlare shouted as her Maiden's Anger burst the aura into a small wave of flames around her. SF's body collapsed after the wave, immobilized from the enraged blast.

CN, still holding onto his charge, jumped up into the air, dodging the flames. He jumped up in an arc, soaring over SapphireFlare's head. When he was right above her, he fired off his dual Zeus Rage, and landed on the ground with a roll.

SF couldn't move after the raging blast, her vision was up as the bolts struck down. "Alamak... Son of a bi-" Her words were cut short as the duel Zeus Rage struck upon her. The smoke cleared out, with the word 'LOSE' appeared above her as she sat on her knees. "How? HOW!? How could I have lost!" She yelled, her hands gripping onto her hair with eyes wide open.

"Because you were just wildly attacking, no strategy to it whatsoever. Just blind rage." CN said with a smile, stretching as the battlegrid faded.
"Good battle, you two!" Asterob said. "Alright, now it's time for the second semi-finals battle - PennyPeri vs Sniperwheel!"
"Yeah-hah-hah! Let's go!" Sniperwheel said, pushing CN out of the way as he rolled up. "Alright, let's go, girlie!"
"Eep! Uh, d-do I really have to fight him...?" Penny said, seeming scared.
"You can do it, Penny!" CN shouted, walking to the side.

SF got up and walked off. "Gr, next time I swear, I'm gonna beat you till your head pops off your character!" She got to the sidelines with her arms cross. The lost she had was just to much for her to bare as she thought of severals 'terrible' things she might do to CreeperNinja. "Hey, You! Better beat that oversized unicycle! I ain't gonna be happy if you lose!" She yelled at Penny, showing her hate even more.

Luckily for BB, everyone was gathered inside the mansion for the tournament, so no one was there to see their crash. After the mech was finished recharging, they rebalanced themselves and barged through the mansion's double doors. It looked like there was a match starting up between Sniperwheel and...some spellcaster BB didn't recognize. She looked pretty nervous, so she was probably a newer player. And while Sniperwheel wasn't the hotshot he thought he was, he was still a pretty good player.

"Jeez, tough luck. Kid's gonna get creamed." BB payed the match no more mind than that. They didn't have any stakes beyond possibly fighting whoever won this tourney. Unless it was Sniperwheel. That tin can had picked so many fights that he was like an unofficial mini-boss of TOME. Sniperwheel was fun to talk to, but fighting him was almost boring at this point. Instead, the pilot decided to scan the area for any interesting players on the sidelines. They eventually spotted an interesting group of characters: an oil based Morphological player chatting up a bird, a weasel, and a...hipster? The last one seemed to be a rather normal looking person, actually. BB couldn't get a good read on what class she was. Still, they seemed fun, and the mech pilot was positive that at least one of them could fight.

"'Scuse me! Comin' through!" BB made their way through the crowd of patrons, gently pushing (practically shoving) people out of the way as they approached the group. "Ay, fellas! Lookin good there, Weasel-Man! Lovin the hair-do, Feathers!" Wow, okay. This was going nowhere. "Aight, lemme cut to the chase here. I'm lookin for some action. Any a yous willin to throw down?"

Slyckster chuckled as he saw the conclusion of the match. "Well, the gal's got spunk, I'll give her that. But she could use a bit of work on her technique." he muttered to himself. He then looked over to CN, and decided to strike up a conversation, since the girls weren't quite responding to his approach. "That wasn't half bad." he said as he approached the swordsman.

SilverWing’s eye twitched at the flirting. No thanks. Not interested. She had a doodle in her arms named Evan and he was adorable; right now, that was all she cared about. That is, until they were approached by another player. A giant mech, specifically. She stiffened when she was called out.

“...”Feathers”...? That’s the best you got?” She raised an eyebrow. “It’s SilverWing, RoboBoy.” Her mini-rant (if you could even call it that) over, she smiled a bit. “New player or something?”

BB laughed off what they presumed to be a playful jab. Yeah, the nicknames were kind of just spur of the moment stupidity. Still, there was no way they were letting this lady get one over on them after they just met!

“Aight, that wasn’t my best work, sure. Better than RoboBoy though!” Inwardly, the pilot facepalmed. That retort was so weak! Maybe they hit their head harder than they thought back there? “But ay, I can do names! The name’s BadaBing, but just call me BB.” For a moment, they considered posing as a new player for kicks. While it could be fun, there were definitely some players around who would recognize BB, and they didn’t want to get a reputation as a ringer. “As for that last bit, far from it! Like I said, I just swung by here for some fun.” They briefly glanced down at the...thing the bird lady-SilverWing-was holding. “Uh...unless you gotcha hands full there. What is that?”

"Thanks. I've been playing this game for almost a year now." CN said with a smile.
"So, we gonna do this or what?" Sniperwheel said, fist-pumping.
"Uh, sure." Penny said uncertainly, loading up the Battlegrid.

BATTLE - ON

Another player had approached the group that Sicily was sitting in, and when they questioned the living stick figure that laid in SilverWing’s arms, she raised her hand as if she was a schoolgirl that had a question, a wide smile growing on her hidden face. “That’s mine! I made it~!” she responded proudly, her voice sounding through the speakers in her metal bandanna as she held up her paintbrush, the pen rip still ejected, so the mech could see. “This thing is a lot more than I thought it was, heh. As for a fight...” The Sicilian-American crossed her arms, looking off to the side, away from the mech, before speaking again. “...This is my first time logging in, so I have no idea how to fight just yet. You don’t wanna fight someone this inexperienced, I know.”

Last edited:
Sniperwheel opened up with a blast, firing off several Bomballs at Penny. She created a Solar Shield to protect herself. Sniperwheel spent the time to fire off a Shiftarm explosion, blasting Penny as soon as her shield vanished. Rocket Burning towards Penny, Sniperwheel ran right into one of Penny's constellations, being sent into the other four with blasts of star energy. As soon as Snipes hit the ground, he activated his Headcannon.
"WHAT IS THAT?!" Penny asked, shocked.
"My headcannon! By regular definition, elements and interpretations of a fictional universe accepted by an individual fan, but not found within or supported by the official canon." Sniperwheel replied. "By my definition, MY BIG F$#KING LASER CANNON!" Sniperwheel finished his charging, and blasted right at Penny. Penny activated a Flash. When the light faded, the cannon had destroyed a part of the mansion's wall.
"BOLLOCKS! NOW I'LL HAVE TO RE-CODE THAT!" Asterob said, flailing his arms around.
"...that... the best... you got?" Penny said, panting. She had dodged about half of the beam, but had still taken critical damage.
"Ohoho, you got no idea." Sniperwheel said with a smile.

Eyes darting up at a bright light eminating from the battlefield in he room, Sicily had to shield her vision with her arm until it died down. Lowering the appendage, she quickly noticed that part of the wall had been destroyed. A surprised expression crossed her face as she stared at the damage, wondering just how it would be fixed, especially since this was a game where magic existed. “...My god... what was that...?” she asked nobody in particular, politely excusing herself from the conversation she was having with the mech so she could walk over to the sideline of the fight. To the avatar nearest her, the magical girl pointed up to the hole with her paintbrush, the tip once again missing. “‘Scuse me, but the h&ll was that?” she asked, swears getting censored.

"Hm?" SF turned to the person in question. "What? Never thought of seeing a giant F-U lazer shot before ah?" She questioned. "Look, you seem to be new 'round here so I'll give you a little run down on this game. This is a place where magic and technology coexist. It ain't a place where fantasies and all that jazz and it ain't some futuristic shooting game with all the blood and gore. Maybe start back at Sanctuary or maybe MechCity. For a new kid like you, you really shouldn't start in Lavendera without knowing the basics of combat yet." She then turned to Asterob. "And yeah! We get it! You're English! My god..."

The mech pilot almost fell to the floor in laughter at the flailing Brit. Really, it was his own fault that the manor was destroyed; the properly coded sections of TOME had generally indestructible environments to prevent this exact sort of thing. Granted, this was usually one of the first things that hackers bypassed during their grieving sessions, so destruction was still rather common. Unless Sniperwheel was secretly a hacker though, this was entirely on Asterob.

"Heheh, maybe code the wall right this time!" Turning to meet the paintbrush kid, they picked up on the conversation she was having with another player, and decided to jump in midway through. "What? C'mon, Sanctuary? That place is pretty much scrub-topia! Personally, I say kudos to the new kid for diving straight into the deep end." The mech gave a "come at me" gesture to the new girl, putting up her fists as if preparing for battle. "Tell ya what, kiddo. Stick with me, I'll teach ya the ABCs of clocking 'em into next week! Whaddya say?"

"Powerful attacks like the Headcannon automatically destroy parts of the Terrain. The areas made with the game's creation automatically repair themselves over a few minutes, but this mansion was created after it." Asterob said. "This happened during my battle with Nylocke and Kirbopher as well."
"Wait, you've fought one of the NetKnights?" CN asked.
"Yeah, but it was a long time ago." Asterob replied.

Meanwhile, back in the battlegrid...
Sniperwheel had just sent a stream of Bomballs towards Penny, all of them being blasted by her Starbeam. Penny threw out some Starshines at Sniperwheel, who dodged them. Snipes then charged behind Penny, firing a close-ranged Shiftarm. Penny was blasted, and hit the ground with "LOSE" portrayed above her head.
"Uuuuuuugh..." she said, face in the ground.
"Oh yeah! Uh-huh! I'm the best!" Sniperwheel was boasting as the Battlegrid faded. "In all seriousness, great battle, newbie."
"Let's have a better one." CN said with a smile, walking over with his blade appearing in his hand. "We're the last two left in the tournament, so we're up next, right?"
"Yep." Asterob said.
"Then let's go, tons-of-fun." CN replied, making the "come-on" sign with his hands.

Sicily stayed silent while the two more experienced players talked, fairly weakly raising a finger once an opportunity to reply presented itself. "I didn't even know the three sections had separate focuses... Damn, I really should've looked into this game a bit more before I got it..." With a quiet chuckle, the metal-clad girl tilted her head at the mech that had questioned her drawing before, pausing to think over her decision before nodding her head. "Okay, sure," her voice wounded through the speakers by her mouth, "I suppose a practice fight wouldn't hurt. Should we wait for this one to be done before starting?" As she asked this, Sicily gestured to the battle grid that had already been formed, trying her best to ignore the guy from before, who was now battling the sassy robot that destroyed the wall.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
PLAN.NET
NETKING SOFTWARE
PRESENTS...

LOGIN: TheDataGhost
PASSWORD: *********
>
>
>
PASSWORD ACCEPTED
...LOADING
>
>
>
ENTRANCE LOADED
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Terrain
of
Magical
Expertise

WELCOME PLAYER
>
>
>
STATUS CHECK
>
>
>
>
COMPLETE

The coding of T.O.M.E. Materialized the form of the character logging on, TheDataGhost. His robe was the first to come in, a long black cloak that had a hood that was hung around his head. His mask was his most prominent feature, pale and while in contrast to his dark cloak. He was humanoid in shape, strands of purple hair exposed on the side of his mask. Most of his body was hidden behind his cloak, aside two black gloves with red fingers.

"...the tournament is today..."

He wanted to prepare for the next tournament, so instead of rushing in head first, he elected to watch a tournament go on first and learn the strategies of possible opponets. TheDataGhost looked at a waterfall alongside a lake.

Perfect.

The cloaked masked man approached the lake and stood perfectly on it. Still looking straight forward, he sunk into the lake, appearing inside an odd, but spacious mansion. There were people gathered about, many colored avatars. From oily, to fancy, to creative. He seemed to be I noticed rom the crowd, appearing through the water fountain that was in the lobby. He approached the screen that watched the tournament, and appeared very close to a group of onlookers.

"Him."

BB was glad to have finally found a sparring partner, even if they were a greenhorn. The pilot would have to hold back a lot so as not to scare the rookie off, but it would definitely be interesting to see what that paintbrush thingie could do. At the mention of the tournament though, BB turned from the conversation, noticing that Sniperwheel was going straight into another match.

"Oh...we're at the finals already?" BB watched as the battlegrid materialized around Sniperwheel and...they believed his name was CreepyNinja or something. They remembered their robotic buddy telling them about a player by that name after he got his clock cleaned by him. Considering how Sniperwheel tends to go for the same old tactics, this would probably end the same as his last match. Still, it's probably be fun to watch. "Yeah, sure. Let's wait this one out first."

Sniperwheel and CreeperNinja began the same way, the two players using their charging attacks to slam into each other. With a smile, CN leaped into the air, his blade vanishing. "Can't get me up here!" he said with a smile.
"Oh, yeah?!" Sniperwheel shouted back. He then jumped into the air, his wheel retracting into the lower part of his body and being replaced with a rocket. Snipes then flew towards CN.
"oh." CN said, firing a Zeus Rage at Sniperwheel. The robot dodged out of the way, but was then hit by the Thunder Wave, falling to the ground as his systems short-circuited. Sniperwheel then activated a dual Shift Arm, firing two blasts at CN. The swordsman deflected them, sending the blasts into the wall of the battlegrid. CN then shot dual Zeus Rage towards Snipes, which he flew out of the way of before sending a stream of bombs at CN. The ninja back-flipped and leapt off of the wall, soaring right towards Sniperwheel as the bombs exploded behind him. CN summoned his sword, stabbing straight through Snipes' chest. Sniperwheel then opened up his Headcanon, separating CN from his sword and pushing him back. As Sniperwheel charged, CN returned his sword to the pocket space all TOME players kept their weapons at before taking it out again, attaching a Drain Edge to the blade now back in his hands. Sniperwheel fired, and CN held his ground, absorbing most of the shot. Before Snipes could react, CN stabbed forwards with the blade, firing off a massive energy beam that consumed and exploded Sniperwheel. "LOSE" floated over where he had just been, and CN smiled as the battlegrid faded and "WIN" floated above his head. As Sniperwheel logged back in and drove back to the fourth floor, Asterob and Penny congratulated CN on his win.
"Ech. Luchy shot." Snipes said as he returned. "Good match."
"You too, big-shot." CN replied with a smile.

"...Interesting turn out..." TheDataShadow said, icy breath coming from his mask when he spoke.

He is stronger than anticipated. No doubt he will apply for the next tournament. His strategy compared to that of Sniper wheel is superior, therfore I must prepare For the stronger of the two.

Last edited:
SF felt a mixture of emotions after the battle. Sure she was happy after watching the narcassistic Airman look-alike bot getting his non-existing metal ass kicked. But at the same time, she felt the same anger she had after the battle with CN. Nonetheless, it was a quite entertaining fight. 'I need to get stronger... I have to...' She thought, clenching her fist.

"I'm out of this joint... Hey kid, maybe we might meet again. Learn the basics, train hard and come find me, I want to see how far you will get." She spoke out before walking to the exit of the mansion.

"Jeez, Snipes. You're getting sloppy! More than usual, I mean." Sometimes it was hard to believe that this was the same player that went toe to toe with two NetKnights in the Gemini Tournament. BB couldn't tell if CN was just that good, or if their robotic buddy had gotten rusty. They would just have to enter the next tournament and show everyone how a REAL mechanical player fights! Unless it was another tag team tournament...the pilot was still salty over not being able to find a partner.

BB shook themselves from their thoughts, and turned to their soon-to-be protege. This kid had some serious potential, especially with that stick figure ability. With enough work, she could become a top player! Or, something like that. Really, BB was just doing this for kicks. "Welp, talk to me when you're ready kiddo. I'll be waiting over by the entrance."

SilverWing had watched and cheered for the remaining matches, still holding Evan close. Speaking of, she looked down at the stick figure and smiled innocently at his creator. "...Can I keeeep hiiiiim...?~ He's too cute!~" She looked around and spotted a mysterious figure. Narrowing her gaze, she elbowed SyncHole a bit and nodded towards the other figure. "Hey...Wanna go check that guy out...?"

Sicily nodded to both BB and SF once the enticing battle was over, smiling lightly in thanks. She seriously hadn't expected to find players willing to help her train and compete against her a mere 20 minutes after joining, even if she had really started out in the worst possible place! Once SilverWing mentioned Evan again, her smile only grew, even if it couldn't be seen, and she nodded once again. "Of course you can! It looks like he likes you, anyway~!" she responded almost giddily, basically hopping around in her spot. "I wonder how many I can whip up at a time... maybe it's just an infinite amount! Not like that'd do me any good, though." At this point, she was basically just talking to herself, curious as to her own powers.

The stick figure made an odd yet cute sort of squeaking sound, cuddling himself closer to Erinn and looking up to her happily. Apparently he liked the idea of being kept by her.

"...You guys don't wanna stick around for the fight, do ya...?" Sicily asked curiously, quickly holding her hands up almost defensively after doing so. "Only if you want to, of course. Just curious."

"Huh. I guess the ego-bot has a bit of a soft spot after all." Slyckster mused as he watched the match's conclusion. Shame I got here late. I'm not normally one to seek out a fight, but...well, there's not much else to do around here. he thought to himself. Glancing around, he decided maybe it wouldn't hurt to look for a fight and looked over the players around him, wondering who to ask.

TheDataShadow looked to and fro at the crowd of onlookers. They seemed to have a very similar mindset of that of challengers. He felt as if some of the people in the room with him could possibly join tournaments soon and could quite possibly be ready to reach the top. He looked at the faces of these people, peering to see any change of facial expression to hint to that of pride or excitement, for those could tell many things.

Hmm there's mainly looks of envy, fear, non caring and perhaps confusion amongst the crowd. Is there really a person who could be tournament worthy?

CN gave a happy shrug. "Welp, that's the tourney, I guess. Afternoon well spent."
"I still haven't improved..." Penny said in the corner.
"What? Of course you did! You took down Granda, after all." CN said with a smile. "And I heard she wrecked Nylocke once."
"W-well, true..."
"What do you say we head down to ;lavendera now? Sismic might be down there." CN said, beginning to walk out with Penny. Not looking where he was walking, he accidentally bumped into Sicily. "Gah, sorry!" he apologized.

As BB stood by the mansion's doors waiting for the paintbrush girl, they started to notice some of the more...interesting members of the crowd. Namely, a rather creepy looking player with a spooky mask and robe get-up. BB could've sworn that the robed player wasn't there before. The masked man seemed to be scanning the rest of the crowd for a reason that BB couldn't discern. To the pilot, he didn't really seem like the type to pick fights. Was he looking for someone in particular? Whatever he was doing, it was beginning to creep them out a little. At the same time though...it definitely peaked their interest.

The pilot glanced over to the kid they agreed to teach. It looked like she had her hands full at the moment. Since they had some time to kill, BB called out to the figure in the crowd.

"Oi' sketchy guy in the mask! Get over here! I wanna talk to ya!"

Sicily was just about to brush off (no pun intended) the lacking response of the winged woman, but she had only started to take her first step toward the door when someone ran into her, making her almost comically stumble to the side. Before she could hit the ground, however, she caught herself, doing a sort of graceful spin to help her regain her balance. With an airy chuckle, she looked over to the figure that had hit her- and realized it was the same guy she had admittedly been checking out earlier. The girl's cheeks quickly became a dusty pink hue, and Sicily was a bit overly glad that they were hidden from sight by her metal bandanna. Holding her arms up defensively, she furrowed her brow at the guy. "Sorry, sorry, I should've looked where I was goin'!" she apologized, even though she knew she had done nothing wrong. Not realizing that he, too, was heading toward the door, she pointed to CN almost confusedly. "Hey, you just fought in that tournament thingy here, right? you were pretty really good! Gives a newcomer such as myself a good goal to work towards: being good enough to take on someone such as yourself~!"

SilverWing beamed and pet her newfound friend in her arms. She narrowed her gaze at the mysterious figure in the shadows, deciding to go talk to them herself. She looked to Sicily. "Hey, if you're gonna go someplace, I'll catch up with ya. I'm gonna go check out something." Or really someONE... She walked over to the masked figure. "Hey. What's up?" She smiled a bit at them. "Name's SilverWing."

"Hm...?"

TheDataShadow turned to the mechanical who called out to him. He didn't know what to make of the strange person, so he decided he wouldn't get any answers just standing there. He walked over, his feet not seen under his robe. He got in close to BadaBing, his orange eyes staring back from the other side of his mask as he peered to him.

"Then what is it...?" TheDataShadow spoke, icy breath coming from the mask

The pilot felt a slight chill run down their spine as the cloaked figure seemingly glided to their spot. Not from the player’s frost breath, but from his creepiness. This guy was even spookier up close! From the way he spoke, BB deduced that he was a no-nonsense kind of guy. Might as well cut to the chase then.

“Aight, look. I see you over there sizing the crowd up, and quite frankly ya seem kinda odd. I wanna know what your deal is, if ya catch my drift.” BadaBing kept up a solid grin as the masked man stared at them with piercing orange eyes. “So, what’s the deal? You lookin for a fight or what?”

"I am for a multitude of reasons...but the way you talk about fights it's as if your asking for one."

TheDataShadow lurched his back and eyed BB peculiarly, sizing him up. From his toothy grin to his metallic attire he seemed to have grasped a concept for many different parts of what made BB BadaBing.

"You will find I never do things for only one reason...but for another as well."

"N-no, it's my fault. Wasn't watching where I was going." CN said, rubbing the back of his head. "I guess so, huh? Well, all you really need to do is do some practice battles. Get your skills down, learn how to play the game. TOME is created with a balancing system in mind, so if you learn how to use your skills it's possible to defeat anyone."
"Really? I didn't know about that part." Penny said.
"Well, yeah. It's been there from the beginning. Just ask Snipes or Asterob."

BB raised an eyebrow at the cloaked man’s odd choice of words. This guy was in desperate need of a chill pill. He spoke as if he was there for some important reason or something. To make things worse, for some reason the player behind BB felt like this guy could see them.

Nah, that’d be ridiculous.

“Uh...okay wow, you take things pretty seriously, huh.” BB scratched the back of their head with a single robotic finger. “You uh...you one of those role-playin types?