• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Today...6:45...BBC one...

Easter Special of Doctor Who is here! Huzzah! I can't wait! It's called Planet of the Dead and the Fear Factor is 3. It's seriously exciting! Who else is going to watch it?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I prefer to do that too. Unfortunately, I don't have a 'big screen'.

I am, however, listening to David Tennant and Catherine Tate doing Jonathan Ross's Brekkie show this morning: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00jrvbs/Jonathan_Ross_11_04_2009/

Demonic-looking flying sting-rays? Yes please.

Although, it's sad that (apparently) there will be but a few episodes this year. So many of us are going to miss Tennant, so what not give us more?

Also, is Fear Factor 3 scarier than Blink, because that freaked me out (a fact which Xanthier happily exploited for giggles).

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
3x10Blink-01302.jpg

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Although, it's sad that (apparently) there will be but a few episodes this year. So many of us are going to miss Tennant, so what not give us more?

They decided not to make an entire series for 2009 long before Tennant announced he was leaving. As it's Russell's last year writing for Doctor Who, I guess he wanted to go out with a bang. Plus now he gets to write a(nother) death scene - every writer's dream, methinks :p

Well, hopefully it's better than Eccleston's regeneration. That was pants.
Couldn't have said it better than myself.

Anyways, I think that the sting ray things had a somewhat resemblance to a gliscor... Plus, I think I know who the psychic girl was talking about. Remember when she said 'he will knock 4 times'? Yeah, as I said I think I know, but I won't tell. Spoilers ;)