• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Toastie's Patent Pokeball Comics

So, hi there :3

This is a project I decided to do, and it has a very simple premise - I draw a comic, and the first panel has to have a pokeball in it, facing the reader. Other things can be draw around (and to some extent, on) the Pokeball. I'm doing it because it's easy to do for a beginner like me, who, apart from sprites and sigs, hasn't done much digital art apart from some fanart in paint a while ago. Also, I want to challenge myself to come up with original plots which have the same beginning.

I've got the first comic done, and it's a Voltorb one - I wanted to do the obvious ones first. It's not meant to be witty or particularly funny - just silly (I'll leave the wit for later). Also, I didn't put hours and hours into this comic or anything, because it's meant to be fun and simple, like Brawl in the Family was when it first started out (although I hope to improve and add shadows etc.). So, without further ado, my first artwork using GIMP and the first of my Patent Pokeball Comics!

pokeballcomic1.png

Hopefully you found that funny or vaguely amusing. This one was more of a test to see if I could do it rather than an attempt at a funny comic, so hopefully I'll make some more original and funny comics later. I don't have a regular update schedule for now - I'll see how it goes...

I like the idea of this. I didn't really understamd what was going on in the comic, but nonetheless I enjoyed the comic. I await more!

-A.S.