• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Time to put this to rest: The Discount Coupon

Okay this has been driving me crazy for a little while now. Does this discount coupon actually exist? I've seen two NPCs--one in Lumiose City and the other in Snowbelle who've mentioned it. I've probably blown too much money at the Lumiose City Boutique to make this worth my time, but still!

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Apparently the guidebook confirmed that it does exist, but it can only be acquired using the PokéMiles system. The guidebook does not say how to do it and apparently the guy what actually trades the damn things for ingame rewards does not have it on his list for most people. This may have to do with the medals/achievement bullshit but absolutely no one has a damn clue for certain.

Is it possible that the discount coupon isn't even an actual item, but is just an actual discount programmed to activate when you shop at wherever it's available? That might be why it doesn't show up as something you can actually have.

I thought the prices went down as your Lumiose style went up, which you do by doing various activities in Lumiose like shopping, hotel labour, and fine dining. Though maybe that's just in Lumiose. Haven't heard of this discount otherwise.