• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Tim Burtons: 9

Ok so the new Tim Burton movie, which I'm sure the many Tim Burton fans know about by now, is called 9, and it look's uh-mae-zing. I love the music for it and the over-ll view of the movie. I know it's supposed tobe coming out this year in September (9-9-09 a you may have already guessed or may know) and I just wanted to get some other peoples views on the movie. I mean it looks like another good Tim Burton classic (unlike Coraline(ugh)) and it has the same producer from Wanted, and stars Elijiah Wood and (the trailer at least) has Welcome Home by Coheed and Cambria, so all-in-all it looks like a great movie. Any other opinions?

here is the link to the trailer if you haven't seen it yet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWSK0g1BnsY

Omgomgomg I am SO watching that. I don't care what my parents say about Tim Burton, I'm watching it. Looks awesome.

Give credit where credit is due.

Coraline was written by Neil Gaiman, and is being directed by Henry Selick, who also directed Nightmare Before Christmas. Tim Burton may have written the story for NbC, but never actually directed it.

Rocking music aside, this looks like another wonderfully horrible, nightmarish and paranoia-induced look at the world and what its future holds. I can't wait to see it :D

And on a side note, I am a bit disappointed that Coraline doesn't possess the visual genius of Dave McKean, but I'm still looking forward to it. 9 looks too dark to be a children's animated feature the way Coraline is in my opinion.

Coraline didn't really look that appealing to me. Nightmare Before Christmas is my favorite movie of all time and I think 9 might actuallly become my second favorite...well actually transformers is my second favorite so maybe somewhere in my top 5 if Transformers 2 doesn't kick it out.