• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Through the Woods-A Eeveelution Roleplay

Long ago, the Cayne Kingdom was a peaceful place full of life and resources. Life was good for the pokemon who lived in the kingdom. Food was plentiful, Water was easy to get, and space and shelter were not a issue. It was a place of peace and rest for those in need of it. The beautiful land was ruled by a group of Eeveelutions who controlled the region with fairness and honesty. But the peace of the kindgom ended faster than it could be stopped. A group or Dragons, known simply as Dracos came from an invading region wanted the land for it's resources and spaces. They also wanted to take revenge from banishing the dragons from a war that occurred between the rulers of the Cayne Kingdom and the Dracos. The Dracos were banished from the Kingdom to a place simply refereed to as Dragon's Death, a small island with few resources. Life was hard on that island, so the Dracos wanted the Cayne kingdom all to themselves. Battle after battle, many lives were lost on the Kingdom's side. Eventually, the Dracos did conquer the kingdom and began to use the rest kingdom's citizens as slaves. But luckily, the rulers of the Kingdom managed to escape into a place the dragons did not know existed, a secret places only rulers of the island knew. They establish a village deep in the woods, and are currently preparing for war to reclaim their ancestor's kingdom from the tyranny of the dracos.

Author Notes
My name is Katherine and I am new to this website. I was looking through the Roleplays but was having a bit of trouble finding one I could join. So I decided to make my own roleplay instead. I am not the best writer in the world so if there is a few spelling errors, terribly sorry. Feel free to tell me any errors I have made or ways I can improve this Roleplay. I hope you consider joining my very first RP~

-@Espeon~

What this Roleplay is about
This roleplay is about the descendants of the ancient rulers of the Cayne Kingdom. They are currently living in hiding in a secret forest not known to the Dracos, a group of Dragon Pokemon who currently rule the Cayne Kingdom. The Dracos are cruel, greedy, and have no respect or care for the people of Cayne. The village want to take back the kingdom and restore it to it's rightful place as a place of peace for all pokemon.

Roleplayers

@Ikuze_Lets_Go
Hotaru the Flareon

2. @Charlespark
Dusk the Umbreon
Serena the Sylveon

@Grumpyface
Gene the Vaporeon

4. @Shimmering
Ivy the Leafeon

5. @Magicswirls
Heather the Flareon

Rules

• No Swearing-Sorry, But I do not enjoy swearing. So please, no vulgar language.
  • No Megas-There will be NO Megas allowed in this roleplay
  • No Fakemon/Fusion Pokemon-I am not allowing both of these in the roleplay
  • No Shinies-Unless you ask me personally, I am not allowing shiny pokemon
  • Two Characters Per Roleplayer
  • I am only allowing 10 roleplayers (Not including me) in this particular roleplay so first come, first serve
  • If you read the rules, put "Athena" somewhere in your character(s) bio

Character Bio

Name:
Occupation: Each Villager has a purpose, like cook, nurse, etc.
Species:All Eeveelutions allowed, but only ones that currently exist in the series
Appearance:They are allowed to wear clothes but don't make it too extreme like five jackets, tons of jewelry, etc.
Personality:A few random words in not a personality. 2 sentences minimum.
Nature:Bold, Quirky, Etc
Background:Optional, but preferred. But if you do write one, make it a good one.

Name:Storm
Occupation:Storm is the Village Main Chief's Daughter but secretly works as a soldier
Species:Jolteon
Appearance:
Storm isn't much different from the average Jolteon in appearance. Spiky fur, large brown eyes, Large ears, etc. But Storm is slightly smaller than the average Jolteon but she isn't noticeably smaller. Other than that small detail, she is pretty much normal. As for accessories, Storm tries not to wear too much so it is easier to run. She simply wears a leather necklace with Garchomp teeth around it. This was a present from her father on her tenth birthday and is passed down from many generations.
Personality:
Much like her outgoing father, Storm is very hot-headed and slightly arrogant. She isn't one to back down from a challenge, even one deemed impossible to do. Storm loves to do things her own way but her pride hides a inner kindness and compassion she rarely shows. She is indeed a bit of a rebel, preferring not to listen to her overbearing mother and her prideful father and do things her way. She loves to sneak off and fight along side her soldier friends rather than do boring princess duties.Another thing about the princess is that she is quite literal and doesn't really understand sarcasm, like her father. Most jokes involving it go right over her head.
Nature:Bold
Background:'
( I will do this later, I have some things I have to intend to)

Last edited:
(This sounds like an awesome and well thought-out RP. Since it's first come first serve, I should probably join while I still can!)
(I hope this is good enough)

Name: Hotaru
Species: Flareon
Appearance: Hotaru is a Flareon of average size. Her creamy tuft, tail and collar are considerably fluffier than the average Flareon - to the point where she's known as a "fluff-ball" - she refuses to get it cut as she believe that it will let her take hits. Her reddish-orange fur, on the other hand, is neat and trim.
Personality: If you've ever been told to never judge a book by its cover, then it's best not to let Hotaru's fluffy appearance fool you. This Flareon is an individual with strong morales and beliefs, she's a protector who will not back down until the battle has been won. This can get her into trouble and sticky situations where she needs to rely on those around her. Outside of battle, she is a friendly individual who loves connecting puzzle pieces together. She is always searching for clues about the possibility of Cayne's mythology being real and it will helping to defeat the Dracos once and for all. Due to her upbringing, she is surprisingly easy to tease and doesn't understand jokes, often becoming embarrassed very quickly.
Nature: Adamant
Background: Hotaru is the daughter of one of the village army's most important generals, because of this she has been put under a mass weight of stress and pressure ever since she was a young Eevee. She was raised under strict standards to be the perfect child and eventually the perfect lady, no backtalking or mucking around was tolerated and she would be locked in her room if she were to misbehave. Hotaru grew up feeling isolated from the rest of the village, only knowing fellow generals and their children (if they had any) besides anyone in her family. Soon after evolving, she the situation of Cayne Kingdom and the circumstances that came with the Dracos ruling over the kingdom were explained to her, as well as reasons why she couldn't join the battle. But, due to her nature, the Flareon had gone against what she had been taught as a child and insisted that she would join the army and hoped to lead the battle when her father could not - after that day, she grew stronger and eventually became a valuable member of the village's army.
Others: Athena

Last edited:
Well, I suppose I'll take another glass of RPing while I get better. I hope that your very first RP will be a pleasant experience.

Name: His name is Dusk.
Occupation: He is a broker. (Refresher: A broker is someone who buys and sells good/assets to others, sometimes in secrecy to avoid detection by the police in some cases.)
Species: He is an Umbreon.
Appearance: Dusk timidly stands at a short height of 1'5" and has a rather small body compared to the average Umbreon because of a rare genetic disorder that he had since he was born. The genetic disorder inhibited his ability to normally grow, as he was stuck with his babyish body that he had for life. Aside from his physical appearance, Dusk wears a small, white robe to shield his delicate body from the elements. He has a light blue scarf around his neck that has his name embroidered on the front side by his friend, Serena.
Personality: Dusk tends to be rather cautious around strangers, since most other Pokémon tend to be bigger than his size. He usually keeps to himself and primarily communicates through the means of sign language when he is not doing his duties of a broker. When a conversation strikes up with him, he usually tends to end it as fast as he can since he does not like to speak in front of others due to his silly voice that makes him usually end up as a laughing stock.
Nature: Quiet.
Background: Dusk was the son of a family that ran several shops in the village, as his mother would often abuse him since he was prone to making mistakes due to his bad hand eye coordination. Soon after some weeks of having to endure the mistreatment, he became indignant at being the object of abuse. He attempted to stand up to his mother after countless days of being harassed and cuffed, as he soon became the spectacle when his father found out that his body growth was inhibited after he went to the hospital with Serena and Athena for a routine checkup. Day after day of having to put up with the relentless laughter and name calling, he soon had enough of his family that still continued to pick on him as if having to bottle up his anger from the school bullies was not bad enough. He decided to run away from his family after grabbing his favorite clothes to wear and his bluish scarf that Serena made for him earlier when she felt mass pity for him. Days after his family reported him missing, he evolved into an Umbreon one day on a gloomy night after having to fight off a Vaporeon that picked on him for his small size. He insisted upon becoming a broker after recalling the fact that his family were all in the shopkeepers' business. After that day he pledged to be a broker, he learned the trade in secrecy and soon was making his own profits in discretion with others.

Name:
Her name is Serena.
Species: She is a Sylveon.
Appearance: Serena enthusiastically stands at being the average size for her age, as she has on a modest navy blue scrub suit. She carries around a buttermilk tan, leathery satchel around her left side of her body, as the satchel contains various medicinal items and other things that she carries around with her. On the left side of her satchel, there is a picture of a blue, six-pointed star with a white snake curling around a purely white cane in the center.
Personality: Serena may seem like someone that can often be exploited from her cute looks, but she should never be underestimated for her appearance. She possesses a strong, stern outlook towards others that attempt to defy the rules, though she attempts to show her pity towards the injured she treats daily in her facility. She can reach out to other Pokémon more easily since her gentle looks and initially serene attitude can help them feel welcome for at least their introduction.
Nature: Quirky.
Background: Serena was the daughter of a surgeon and a chef, as she was born into the typical, middle class area. She was raised with fair standards, and everything went fine until she had to go to school with others. She was often bullied for being too different, since she would have everything organized to the point where even a librarian's bookshelf was topped off. After having to endure some wretched years in school, she decided to follow her mother's footsteps in a half manner, as she was going to step foot into the medicine, but she would become a nurse instead of a surgeon that her mother was. Soon after evolving when she was in the middle of her internship, she wanted to volunteer to be a field medic for the war that waged on with the Dracos, but was unable to due to her young age and also because there was a shortage of nurses at the time. Instead, she decided to stick on her path to being a nurse and eventually became one of the nurses that works in one of the main hospitals today; treating various patients with a cautious and daily manner.

Name: Gene.
Species: Vaporeon.
Appearance: Overall a very normal Vaporeon, though slightly above average size. He wears a simple green bandanna, tucked under his frill.
Personality: Gene is very calm, and tries to be nice to others where possible. He can also be quite chatty and jokey, as well as lighthearted, especially towards younger people. But he can be hesitant to defend himself, as he usually avoids conflict; which means he has little trouble making fun of himself for others' sake. He often feels guilty for how he acted in the past (See background!).
Nature: Relaxed.
Background: When Gene was younger, still an Eevee, he stayed with his father running a merchant business while his mother worked as a soldier. His family was quite comfortable, and he idolised his mother, hoping to follow in her pawsteps. His eagerness to 'get out there' and take the fight to the Dracos unfortunately made him a very aggressive kid, and he even started bullying the other children in an effort to toughen up. However, one day his family was told that their mother had died while on duty. The harsh reality made him re-evaluate his dreams; he has become more subdued - and consequently kinder - ever since, and chose a quieter profession, hoping to help everyone in a more peaceful way.

(Also: Athena! :) )

Attachments

• gene.png
    gene.png
    173.2 KB · Views: 28
Dusk is probably the smallest character in the RP since well, his genetic disorder prevents him from growing. (I.e. His cells can't break or even divide for the purpose of growing, so it's basically like being in a state of stasis. He can still be injured and become ill from sickness and such.)

As for who he deals with as a broker, he usually deals with anyone as long as they're not too mean to him or attempting to double cross him in any manner. (I.e. rat him out, rob him, etc.)

Name: Heather
Species: Flareon
Appearance: Small bag tied onto tail
Personality: One of the best at making jokes, but never does. She is too worried the others will judge her. Wants to defeat the Dracos, but doesn't know how.
Nature: Quiet
Background: I suck at backgrounds sorry ;~;

I think we could probably start up the Roleplay with this many people, even with spaces still open. They could still join in after it's started?

Well, it's up to @Espeon~ if she wants to start it now.

I've been mainly busy making some more of my cute little Fakemon and their evolutions while also balancing out their moves and stats since I'm pretty sure no one wants a Signita crushing a Tyranitar with a simple move.

*a cute little sand lizard Pokémon sits next to you*

I keep popping out of nowhere. Tell me if my character is unacceptable.
Name: Ivy
(An artisan is a skilled craft worker that creates or makes things by hand that may be functional or decorative. (Jewelry, sculptures, furniture, etc.) )
Species: Leafeon
Appearance: She wears a red scarf on her neck and a purple flower next to her right ear. She's a normal sized Leafeon.
Personality: Her personality mostly matches her nature, unless you mess with her. She is willing to do anything for friends! And she's mostly mature, sometimes.
Nature: Bashful
Background: As a child, she loved to build and make things, sometimes particularly for her own amusement. She was in an incident when she was young, and now has a large scar on the back of her neck. She wears a green scarf to cover most of it. But she started training when she was very young, in case she ever got attacked. By the time she was 16, both of her parents died in a horrible incident, the very same one that she got the scar on the back of her neck from.

needs more Athena.

(This roleplay sounds really cool! I have been thinking about joining this website for a while, and this thread made me :D It is my first time EVER on a roleplay thread so I apologize if this isn't good enough :p) (Also...I think I may have gotten a bit carried away with the Background, Personality and Appearance XD I always do)

Name: Sylvie
Species: Sylveon

Appearance: (Kind of looks like the one in my profile picture but not half shiny) Due to a fluffy tail, fluffy ears and soft, smooth ribbons, this Sylveon is often mistaken for a nurse, which is completely untrue. She tries to train herself every day, in goal to be able to take part in taking back the kingdom. She has bright pink eyes and sharp nails, but also scars in places from being injured from training occasionally. She is also normally mistaken for a young Sylveon who had just evolved, because of her fluffy fur and bright, young eyes, but really she had evolved when she was ten. Sylvie wears a little black shirt which she received when she was twelve from her parents, to keep her warm. She also has slippers that she handcrafted herself, which are pretty ripped and nearly torn apart.

Personality: Sylvie is very strong willed and doesn't take no for an answer when she is trying to do good. She is shy when it comes to meeting people but confident in fighting. She trains herself by scratching trees and also biting them, whilst also crashing them down with Moonblasts. In fighting real Pokemon, she acts sweet and innocent and then throws them into a tree with Fairy Wind then uses Moonblast, or tackles them to the ground and uses a Draining Kiss before a Moonblast. Sylvie can tend to be quite clumsy at times, leading to getting hurt a lot, and sometimes lacks confidence to try new things.

Nature: Adamant

Background: Sylvie was raised in a family of artisans, which motivated Sylvie to become a warrior. She would always fail at making the things and her parents would get annoyed with her. She ran away after she evolved, but after a year of not seeing them, she started socializing with her brother (Umbreon), sister (Espeon) and parents again. She has her own little shack under a tree with a small bed in it to live in, which she is okay with a little distance away from the village. At the moment, Sylvie is in the process of making an underground tunnel to the Cayne Kingdom, as a trap to ambush them when the time is ready to take the Kingdom back. Sylvie's brother still works as an Artisan, living with their mum and dad and sister.

Others: Athena! :D

(I really hope this is okay :D)

(Edit: Oh geez, I didn't think the Sylveon images had uploaded, obviously they had XD Sorry!)

Attachments

• Sylveon.png
    Sylveon.png
    39 KB · Views: 32
  • Sylveon.png
    Sylveon.png
    39 KB · Views: 39
  • Sylveon.png
    Sylveon.png
    39 KB · Views: 37
Name: Kuro
Species: Shiny Umbreon (if she can't be a Shiny Umbreon then that's alright, she can be an Umbreon)

Appearance: Kuro is a regular Shiny Umbreon though she is slightly taller and has a stronger build. She has broad shoulders and bright yellow eyes
Personality: Kuro is very shy and quiet, helping her learn how to observe people which she is very good at. Though she is shy and quiet she is very kind and tries to help out when she can. When you get to know her, she is talks quite a bit. She is usually seen smiling but she is quite insecure about herself so she keeps herself secluded. She always pushes herself, sometimes past her limit but she always recovers. She does have quite the sense of humor and is sometimes sarcastic when she talks
Nature: Quiet
Backstory: When Kuro was a young Eevee she vowed she would fight the Dracos since half of her family died in the war of the Cayne and the Draco. She has always pushed herself and tried her best when it came to trainer which has earned her a high spot. She has settled for the high spot that she keeps today though she tries her best all the time. When she evolved she met a person named Athena but she died in a battle causing Kuro to want to fight the Dracos more

//gently shoves this and scoots away

Name: Glace
Species: Glaceon
Appearance: Normal in terms of how a Glaceon should look, though his main fur color is instead white, not to be confused with the blueish off white of a shiny. To add on to that, his accent coloration is a much bolder, darker blue, again, not to be confused with the ice blue of a shiny, and it is not saturated like a normal Glaceon. The diamond markings on his back are also both the same size. The fur on his chin and cheeks are a bit longer, and connected, neatly trimmed and giving him a sort of stubble. His tail is also slightly crooked, as if it had been snapped and never healed properly. He is built like a sturdy tree, able to hold his own, though his skillset leans more towards a tactical special attacking set. He wears a set of bronze cuffs around his wrists, and a thick bronze necklace with an icy rock set into it. He does own a full set of rather light armor, though he hardly wears it and instead is currently collecting dust in his home.
Personality: Glace is level-headed, but general has an air of charisma that at the very least makes others very comfortable in his presence. He has a perfect, white smile that causes most single females to swoon, but that doesn't mean he isn't polite and respectful. Overall, he is the sort of guy you'd want to be around, honest and loyal, a great sense of humor and a very open mind, though his smile doesn't hide some sort of inner demon swimming behind his black eyes.
Nature: Brave
Background: Glace, from the time he was born, was raised primarily by his mother in the suite above his family owned tavern. His father was always with the guests, and generally was a cheery guy that the regulars enjoyed the company of. However, the company that occupied the tavern was more often than not unsavory folk and his father tended to drink a bit too much on the job. His mother, a shiny Espeon, was more or less a simple trophy for his father as time wore on, and even as a young Eevee with lighter than natural fur, he learned that other males were dangerous and vowed to protect any female he could if they were to ever be caught in a situation like his mother. His father, once he started ending nights earlier after being pestered by his mother, began abusing young Glace gradually. At first, it was simple, telling young Glace whenever he passed him that it was a shame that he hadn't turned out shiny like his mother, how he was so close to being worthy of being his son. Eventually the abuse became physical, and soon it wasn't just Glace suffering. His father, now addicted to the same substance he sold, turned his abuse on his wife as she tried defending her son. One fateful night, things got particularly awful, leading to his father pushing his wife down the stairs, hitting her head on the way down, she was dead before she hit the bottom floor. In a rage, Glace screamed at the top of his lungs and rushed at his father. The fight was one sided and ended quickly, with the father holding Glace in the air by his broken tail, prepared to end his child for being a nuisance in drunk rage, until several warriors rushed into the tavern. Luckily, one of the patrons had been working undercover, and it was that same patron that took Glace in as his apprentice.

The Pokèmon in question was one of the more famous generals: General Hurricane, a large, barrel shaped Vaporeon with dark, saturated scales, swampy green webbing, and littered with scars of battle and an impressive underbite with his two bottom fangs, a feature that he was famous for. The rough and gruff warrior didn't spare Glace in training, and yet the two loved each other like father and son. Hurricane proudly recounts on of the best days of his life was watching his son evolve, and ten becoming a full fledged warrior. Glace himself made quite the name for himself, and at the tender age of 27 he fell madly in love with a strikingly violet Espeon. He lavished her and adored her, and their love lit up like a Roman candle, and everyone commented about how they were their favorite couple. Up until their marriage, Glace was suddenly called away on an emergency trip, yet he promised he would return to her in one piece, knowing she was only a few weeks pregnant with their first child.

Years past, and a fatigued Glace still rushed into town after 3 years to surprise his wife and meet his child. However, upon reuniting with his wife, it was in front of a cafe. She was with his child, her belly swollen once more, a new wedding ring adorned her, and a strikingly handsome Umbreon, younger than him, sat across from her. Overcome with rage, yet controlling his temper, he confronted the wedded pair, and his heard was shattered once he learned his wife had simply moved on to the next best male in town, and that his own son thought the Umbreon was his father, hinting at how fast his wife flung herself at another male. Later that evening, he met with them in "his" house, where all his belongings had been removed and sold, leaving him with nothing more than the armor he was wearing. Eventually, he argued with his wife, where it quickly grew explosive, and Glace quickly backed off when the father returned with the child, walking in on the argument. However, outside, the Umbreon stopped Glace, explaining that their his wife had told him that she was no longer married and needed help to raise the child. One thing led to another, and they were married and now expecting their own. Glace, realizing the fault was all in his wife's unfaithfulness and not in the young Umbreon, forgave the male, but told him to leave the house as legally, it technically was still his. He could not keep his own children, and watched in utter heartbreak as the family left to move to some other part of the village.

He sold the house and rebought the tavern, essentially building it from the ground up, remaking it's reputation and turning it into a warm and welcoming place for travelers, offering free meals to the poor in exchange for volunteer work, and keeping it open to children in the day hours and never serving the "hard stuff" until the late hours of the night. He proudly displays his armor in a display cabinet against one of the tavern walls, and only buys his supply from brokers or more underground vendors. What can he say? They have the real good stuff. He now dedicates his life to looking out for others through giving them a warm place to feel safe in, and proudly named his tavern Beryl's Garden, after his mother.

Nevermind I'll just be one of the evelutions

Name: Leafy
Species: leafeon
Appearance: leafy is smaller then other leafeon,he wears blue goggles and a red bandana around his neck
Personality: since he is young he is childish,but he is a kind Pokemon as well as a skilled one,he acts before he thinks and jokes alot but he does like to stick up for others
Nature: bashful
Background: he was an orphan from the moment he hatched from an egg,at a very young age he was enslaved by the dracos,and was sent to be exicuted for refusing to work,luckily he escaped and found his way into the village not long ago so he isn't familiar with most of the town,but he was trained when he was enslaved by another slave,and he was able to keep his friendly personality even when he was a slave

Name: Shimmer
Species: Sylveon
Appearance: Shimmer is the most beautiful pokemon in the whole land and especially out of Sylveons. She is always sparkling, and her blue is more of a cyan than a sky blue. Her pink is like cotton candy and she is unnoticeably small in the littlest bit. She has scorched front paws that she doesn't like to talk about.
Personality: Shimmer makes a dazzling entrance every time she enters a room. She will always fight for her land and friends other than all that. She doesn't like to be a show off. She is the most loyal pokemon you'll ever meet and is an amazing fighter. She has so much more than that and is trusting, courteous, whimsical, and amazing. It is natural for boy pokemon to fall in love with her and sometimes even feint at her beauty. She is known for being an amazing fighter and so people move out of her way when she passes by.
Nature: Shimmer can act very differently. She can be bubbly and bashful, kind and funny, and so much more!
Background: Her mom was a queen and one day, she was out exploring when she smelled smoke. She looked back and saw a fire. There were enimies in the territory. Her parents and sibs tried to help, but they died. She was about to get attacked as a little eevee when... CRASH! Someone pushed her aside. It was a male eevee. Together, they fought the enemy off. One day, he evolved into an Umbreon. 3 weeks later, she evolved into a Sylveon and she was so beautiful. Their bondage stayed strong for years, as they were off adventuring. She loves adventure. One day, they fell in love. Here they are now.