• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Three Unrevealed Keychains for Movie 12 Creating a Buzz

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
ThreesecretPokemonkeychains.png
An update featured within the goods section of the official Pokémon Movie 12 website has brought with it a very intriguing image. A set of key chains revealed featuring Pokémon said to appear in the 12th movie shows three indistinguishable images (as shown in the image on the right). While we have little to go on confirming exactly what these three question marked key chains may be, they are certainly creating quite a buzz around online Pokémon communities - and with good reason.

With HeartGold and SoulSilver finally dated for release and still no sign of Generation 5 on the horizon, these could very well be the shadows of three brand new Pokémon. However, they could simply be new formes of currently existing Pokémon set to appear in HG and SS, or something along the lines of the notched-ear Pichu. There's even the chance the images are merely secret merchandise containing no new Pokémon or formes at all. I'd personally like to hope they're completely new (it's about time we saw some sign of Gen 5's existence), but only time will tell. The 12th movie is set to premiere in Japan on July 18th (less than a month away), so we should have our answers soon.

You can be sure we'll let you know once the pictures are revealed. In the meantime, speculate away =)

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Been reading more around different communities, and something a few others have said struck me similarly when I first viewed the images.

The one in the middle looks like Pikachu's head, and the one on the right looks like Raichu's ears. There's a chance these aren't new Pokemon at all - just secret merchandise. Still... Raichu's head isn't THAT fat, so if they were ears they don't sit quite properly...

Guess we'll see :p

Still... Raichu's head isn't THAT fat, so if they were ears they don't sit quite properly...
Its Raichu in my books - look at the others, say, Pichu for instance. It doesn't take up the entire thing. It leaves room for Raichu to be on it.

As for the others... Absolutely no clue. Raichu on the right stood out for me though.

The first looks like Ho-oh; the others, I have no clue. Though the second kinda looks like Pikachu and I guess the third could be Raichu.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Bulbanews is speculating that they could be evolved forms for notched-ear Pichu. Would fit, really.

Also, that first one looks like Arceus' head.

I want all of those keychains >___>" Especially the Piplup one, it's so adorable >_<

My question is though, why would the bottom three be either Pikachu, Arceus or the notched ear Pichu when they already have those? o.o Then again they could be messing with us, or like Katie said, they could be the evolved forms of the notched-ear Pichu..>>"

I would guess they are evolves of something because there are a few Pokemon who don't have evolves.

Eh. The first one obviously resembles Arceus' head. *surpirse!!!*
'Second is most likely Pikachu, and perhaps NE Pichu.
Third...I don't really see the Raichu resemblance. Why would Raichu be here anyway?
Is there one even IN the movie? I could just be the wierd perspective, though.

movie 12 merchandise needs moar Heatran.

Eh. The first one obviously resembles Arceus' head. *surpirse!!!*
'Second is most likely Pikachu, and perhaps NE Pichu.
Third...I don't really see the Raichu resemblance. Why would Raichu be here anyway?
Is there one even IN the movie? I could just be the wierd perspective, though.

movie 12 merchandise needs moar Heatran.

There was a Heatran in the movie but not so sure about the shadow of it. Also the 2nd and 3rd really do look like NE Pikachu and Raichu. Then again, it could all end up becoming the 5th generation starters, but cares for me to ask why so soon? Anyways this year is quite exciting with all the news and speculations.

There was a Heatran in the movie but not so sure about the shadow of it. Also the 2nd and 3rd really do look like NE Pikachu and Raichu. Then again, it could all end up becoming the 5th generation starters, but cares for me to ask why so soon? Anyways this year is quite exciting with all the news and speculations.

I doubt they'd reveal new starters/pokemon through the merchandise for a movie that has nothing to do with them.
But, the Arceus, Pikachu/NE Pichu, Raichu makes sense, bar Raichu.

I hope there's going to be more Heaty merchandise than they've let slip so far.
Small role? Who cares? The Johto starters are in that batch, they can't have the largest role in the world,
why not give Heaty some love?

I don't think it's entirely impossible that it's a bit of both.
I think 1 or 2 of the key rings could be pokemon revealed through the course of the story, while another could be a Gen 5 pokemon.
I'd be very suprised if they didn't reveal a new pokemon. A Gen 4 pokemon was revealed in only the second movie of Gen 3, and this is already the third of this Gen, so they're way overdue.
In fact, so overdue that they may be revealing 3 new pokemon...

It's possible that the second one could be a Whiscash, and the first one could be a Dragonair, but that's guessing with the general outline of it.

I don't know if this helps, but......

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
glameow1, please try to use some grammar in your posts.

Also, Heatran and Arceus are both part of Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. If these keychain things are new pokemon, then they're going to be /new/ new; as in, part of the next generation.

Also, Heatran and Arceus are both part of Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. If these keychain things are new pokemon, then they're going to be /new/ new; as in, part of the next generation.
I still don't understand why they would introduce the next generation...through a bunch of keychains for a movie they're not even in. Don't you believe we would have some substantial evidence of their presence in the movie by now, if they were to be showcased in it?

Ho-oh and Lugia, however, do seen plausible. As a promotion for HeartGold and SOUL[glow=orange,2,300]O///O[/glow]SILVER.
But, why oh why would they place them as shadows like that? To taunt us, no doubt. ;)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Don't you believe we would have some substantial evidence of their presence in the movie by now, if they were to be showcased in it?

For the record, Shaymin skyforme was first revealed on a piece of random merchandise, too (possibly something that had been leaked unintentionally). The official announcement about it wasn't made for a few days following if I remember correctly.

Rotom would be a logical choice, given it's new formes, but shape-wise, the first has to be Arceus, (it's a pretty damn unique shape) I'll go with the Pichu / Pikachu combo for the second, and for the third, I'll go out on a limb and say Giratina's Other Forme - both formes appear in the movie, yet only Origin forme has a keychain, and I don't think they would miss that marketing opportunity! I reckon the "Raichu ears" are wing tips from an odd angle, though, honestly, the one on the left may as well be a Remoraid tail. It's most likely there to spark debate.

"It's not a Voltorb, it's obviously Jigglypuff from above!"

I still don't understand why they would introduce the next generation...through a bunch of keychains for a movie they're not even in.

Who says they're not in the movie? It is extremely likely they ARE in the movie. In the 7th movie Munchlax was introduced, in the 8th movie Bonsly, Weavile and Lucario were introduced and I'm not sure when but Mime Jr. was introduced in gen 3 episodes. Don't forget the 9th movie - Manaphy, Chatot and Mantyke were in it.

At first I thought that the middle one was Ash's Pikachu, but there's already a keychain for that.
I'm beginning to think that those three are new Pokemon, or new forms or something. :-\

The first one makes me think of Darkrai. The second one is most likely a form in the Pikachu line, and the third reminds me of.....Marill? I hope the images are revealed soon..

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
These are put together by fans, but using official art - so it's really not hard to see this as confirmation that the items are just more basic merch for the movie - not proof of new Pokemon.

FixedupPins.png

Honestly, if there were going to be Gen V Pokemon in this film, it would have been announced long before now - not with the film about to open in just under 2 weeks. It would have worked within the previously established pattern (Celebi and Deoxys saw Pokemon introduced alongside their movies for the next Generation just as they effectively closed theirs by completing the 'existence' of all the Pokemon in that Generation). However, the precedent set last Generation of a further 2 movies focusing on new Pokemon before their Gen's launch (although D/P's delay can probably be thanked for the 9th movie. Or blamed. Whatever's more appropriate), combined with the imminent release of new major instalments within Gen IV itself, along with the movie already been rather quite busy as it stands - with half a dozen Legendaries, a very specific Pichu and the Johto starters all getting focus throughout the movie - would indicate that this movie is not in any position to be a launching board for Generation V.

Next year's movie, on the other hand... Well, if a new Pokemon isn't revealed at some point this year (maybe even alluded to in the traditional brief/vague tease for next year's movie that will follow this year's in the theatres), I'd be more than a bit surprised. Even if next year's movie revisits some Johto legends (and maybe even gives Raikou or Ho-oh a movie feature at last...), it can be practically guaranteed that some new pre-evo will be in the movie in some way.

Heh, not considred Arceus for te third one, tought there were enough of him already! But, seems to work. I do know that someone updated Saturday's Bulbanews post with that picture, and seems to have wiped all this weeks news in the process!

Also, Marill? How do you gt that!?

I think the middle one is of pikachu lying down

The first one looks a bit like a dragonair head.

I'm not sure about the third one, i can see raichu in it but it looks a bit fat for raichu.