1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Three New Pokémon Officially Revealed

1. Demelza

Demelza Eevee Tamer
    Staff Member Moderator

It's E3 week and although Nintendo didn't have a conference or their usual Nintendo Direct, some fresh Pokémon news has been revealed anyways. The official site has revealed three brand new Pokémon for us to fall in love with in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon. You can check them out in the trailer below:

The three Pokémon revealed are as follows:

Yungoos Pokemon.png
    First up we have Yungoos, a normal-type Pokémon with the Stakeout or Strong Jaw ability. The Stakeout ability is new to gen 7 and Pokémon with this ability can deal twice the normal damage to any Pokémon that switches in or enter the field mid-battle. The official site lists it as Loitering Pokémon.

Pikipek Pokemon.png
    Next we have Pikipek who is a Normal and Flying type Pokémon. It has the ability Keen Eye or Skill Link and the official site lists Pikipek as a Woodpecker Pokémon.

Grubbin Pokemon.png
    Finally we have Grubbin who is a Bug type Pokémon and as expected is listed as a Larva Pokémon. Grubbin simply has the ability of Swarm, so nothing too exciting for this little guy!

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Beyond revealing the new Pokémon, the trailer also revealed a new multiplayer mode known as Battle Royal. In this mode Pokémon trainers take part in a four way battle and each trainer has three Pokémon. The battle is decided when the first trainer loses all their Pokémon and the winner is determined by how many Pokémon they have left and how many they defeated.

#1 Demelza, Jun 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'Pokécharms News' started by Demelza, Jun 14, 2016.

1. TheSalamence
      TheSalamence
      more Normal/Flying birds...

the battle royale is cool though!
      JoltzTheStar and _Umbreon_ like this.
    2. P._Sqqp
      P._Sqqp
      I don't know how to feel about the Battle Royal. Trainers could easily gang up on other trainers and that might hurt younger kids.
      catsFallHome likes this.
    3. TheSalamence
      TheSalamence
      well if you play every pokemon game a kid takes on a whole gang of criminals!
      Jhan Garc likes this.
    4. Noventia
      Noventia
      Yesssssss, i've been waiting for this to go up. I love them all. Also, stakeout is like a constant pursuit, but after they switch out. Any pokemon attacked by the stakeouter right after they switched in will take double damage. Also, I can't get over pikipek. I love it so goddamn much.
      Hollow Omega likes this.
    5. SilvallyTamer
      SilvallyTamer
      Yungoos looks like the HM slave Pokemon. Pikipek is the Pidgey of the Alola region. And Grubbin is the Caterpie.
      Yungoos will probably stay as a Normal type. Pikipek looks like it might evolve into a Fighting/Flying type. Grubbin looks like it will evolve into a Bug/Ground type.
      TheSalamence likes this.
    6. Andrewski
      Andrewski
      I GUARENTEE that Pikpek will learn Fury Attack. With Skill Link, it just has to happen.
    7. The Voltagonist
      The Voltagonist
      Battle Royale, eh? Always figured something of the sort would come around after being introduced to Triple Battles and Rotation Battles in Gen V. :8B:
      Should produce some interesting results. Definitely will be one hell of a ride once all three of your opponents turn against your Pokémon in a single turn, but will definitely keep you on your toes nonetheless! :)
      Hollow Omega and LadyLucs like this.
    8. Shiny Pyxis
      Shiny Pyxis
      Pikipek and Grubbin are pretty cute! I'm curious if Battle Royal well affect the metagame much. Prolly not tbh, but still interesting.
      The Voltagonist likes this.
    9. LadyLucs
      LadyLucs
      Just gotta make some tanky ass Pokemon that hit hard
    10. alolatrainer
      alolatrainer
      Imo...i think pikipek looks the best...im easily gonna get one on my team:)
    11. Jeydis
      Jeydis
      It was mentioned during the E3 stream that Yungoos was always hungry and looking for food, so lots of biting and fang attacks from the little bugger.

They are looking pretty good so far, glad to see what looks like a termite pokemon at long last.
      Hollow Omega likes this.
    12. Thieving Fox
      Thieving Fox
      My team now has Grubbin in it, since I did some research and grubs are beetle larvaes.
      I love beetles.
      Hollow Omega likes this.
    13. KAnaliseY
      KAnaliseY
      Oh I totally forgot it was Nintendo's E3 today! I signed up for twitch for that!
      I guess i'll watch it after regents...
      Hollow Omega likes this.
    14. Jhan Garc
      Jhan Garc
      In the Nintendo Treehouse at E3, they showed some gameplay. I noticed how Popplio learned Disarming Voice, and how it was not very effective against Litten. Hmm....
    15. StellarWind Elsydeon
      StellarWind Elsydeon
      Oh look, it's Donald Trump in Mongoose Form!

And now that I've gotten the absolutely obvious joke out of the way, I quite like Pikipek (and hope it gets the sort of moves to go with its Skill Link ability!) and I have somewhat of high hopes for Grubbin - it's already adorable in a weird beetle larva sort of way and I can entirely see it evolving into something pretty snazzy. I mean, it's the early bug so I'd guess it wouldn't be too brilliant regardless but they could always pull a Unova and surprise us with early bugs that have staying power.

Incidentally, Litten is a pure Fire type. Fire resists Fairy. Nothing particularly surprising there. XP
    16. The AnimeFreak
      The AnimeFreak
      I think the local bird Pokémon has been announced. Oh well, there's gonna be evolutions, that's for sure.
    17. IDom_
      IDom_
      I'm really excited about the 4 player battle mode. Poketubers just tend to do 4 way battles using doubles, but with this new mode, it's going to be a lot easier. I wonder though if we'll see this feature happen during the storyline though...
    18. Scrafty
      Scrafty
      I preordered sun and moon. I like the 3 pokemon and the tarmite one.
    19. Lord Of Pain
      Lord Of Pain
      Nintendo are not running out of pokemon ideas and designs but for some reason I think they are running out of name ideas
      *cough*Yungoose*cough*Zangoose*cough*

But anyway I really like pikipek :) I can see it having the same potential as mega Herracross

Yungoose looks like the rattata of this gen and even if it becomes an HM slave it's ok with me......... why? Because it still looks and might be better than bidoof

I don't have much to say about Grubbin but I'm sure he'd turn out into something cool, maybe a new unique typing like bug/ice or bug/dragon, who knows
      Thieving Fox likes this.
    20. Hollow Omega
      Hollow Omega
      Aren't Fairy attacks weak against fire? Anyway, Litten might still become a dark type later on as it evolves. :)

Now that you mention it, it does... right! Mine's going to be named Donald. :D
      Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2016
    21. The AnimeFreak
      The AnimeFreak
      Okay, so now there are three things for certain:

Pikipek is the local bird.
      Iwanko or Yungoos is the Rattata of this Generation
      Grubbing is the Caterpie of Gen 7

My heart cannot handle this.
    22. CaptainMarmalade4Life
      CaptainMarmalade4Life
      wonder what the fossil pokemon will be! glory to the helix fossil.
    23. Scratchie990
      Scratchie990
      I saw it on tyranitar tubes channel and I was like OMG :up::up:
    24. AliTheDarkTrainer
      AliTheDarkTrainer
      Maybe they got the battle royal idea from the pokemon rumble series and thought that the royal shouldn't be just restricted to the rumble series. I do actually like the idea of the battle royal I was always wanting a free for all multi battle, seeing this seems pretty cool.
      JoltzTheStar likes this.
    25. JoltzTheStar
    26. topazwolf91
      topazwolf91
      omg. Omg. OMG!!!!!
    27. AvalosAltair989
      AvalosAltair989
      Definitely excited for the Battle Royal system! :)
    28. Unexpected Dai
      Unexpected Dai
      No love for poor old Grubbin
    29. Jhan Garc
      Jhan Garc
      I like Grubbin. And that's a lot coming from someone who's never trained Bug Pokémon.
    30. Thieving Fox
      Thieving Fox
      I LOVE Grubbin.
    31. SilvallyTamer
      SilvallyTamer
      Hey look it's Donald Trump's pet. Perfect for him. XD
    32. Thieving Fox
      Thieving Fox
      This is probably irrelevant, but I'm shipping Hau and Lillie.
      A lot.
    33. Jhan Garc
      Jhan Garc
      Shipping is a priority.
    34. AvalosAltair989
      AvalosAltair989
      Trust me. That's EXACTLY what I'm naming it once Sun and Moon is released.
    35. Grand Master Koop
      Grand Master Koop
      I also like grubbing the first I saw him
    36. LittleUmbreonMiraha
      LittleUmbreonMiraha
      Nice!
      Thieving Fox likes this.
    37. OnePiecefan11
      OnePiecefan11
      I'm kind of interested of what Grubbin will evolve into. Also, I like how Yungoos looks.
    38. Thieving Fox
      Thieving Fox
      By researching, it is easy to tell Grubbin will evolve into a beetle, mostly likely a Coconut Rhino Beetle.
      Not sure about Dongoos, though.
    39. LittleUmbreonMiraha
      LittleUmbreonMiraha
      XD THOSE MEMES!