• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Three New Pokémon Get New International Names

Pokémon Center Online has some new t-shirts for sale promoting the ninth Pokémon movie, and they give us the romanized names of three new Pokémon.

Tamanta remains the same, not really needing any changes. Perappu is now recognized as Perap and Buizeru's name has received the much-needed spelling Buoysel.

3...2...1...Comment!

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Perap annoys me. It's just a crappy sounding name. >_>

the 'pu' gave it a more suitable closing sound but without it, it just seems odd. Here's to a fix in translation.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Perap isn't a surprise to me. Maybe "Perappu" sounded better, but that was probably never the right pronunciation of the word. Sometimes u's in Japanese names are silent... for reasons that are unknown to me (ie. Tasuke is actually pronounced as "Taske"). If anyone knows the reasoning behind it, do tell.

Anyways, glad these names were finally revealed by an official source. I'll be going by those from now on, and hopefully others will too to save us a lot of headaches :p

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
The u in Tasuki, Keisuke etc is silent because there's a handy little s in front of it. Sometimes it's a sh or a ts. Sometimes the u after an s isn't silent, like in Suzaku. But that's just the way it is, from my little experience of the Japanese language (and from watching too much Fushigi Yugi).

Anyway, buoysel sounds... weird, although appropriate, and Perap does indeed sound unfinished. Now I'm tired, so I'll go to bed before becoming a zombie.

Perap sounds a little more complete if you put the emphasis on the beginning of the word. Instead of saying "per-AP," try saying "PAIR-ap." Makes it sound a lot more natural, doesn't it? Almost a combination between parrot and, er, rap? (Ew.)

I'm guessing Buoysel's name was refered to a Buoy because it's part water but Perap?I mean it has nothing to do with it's form or description.

Just asking something, would one of these new three legendary Pokemon be an evolutionary form of Sneasel? Because I know three new lengendary but I only know their Japanese name, Lucario looks like a blue fox thing; Manyula looks like Sneasel and Manene looks like some sort of clown with purple hair of some sort and a red nose.

If this is so, uhhh, can you tell me which is which?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Okay, thanks Raven.

But then who are Tamanta, Perap and Buoysel? I would like to know the three Pokemon you guys are talking about.

What QQ said. Tamanta, Perap, and Buoysel - not counting Manaphy, which was revealed shortly before - are the three latest revealed Pokemon for the D/P generation, hence why we're calling them "new".

From the looks of it we now have two new Legendaries - Lucario and Manaphy. I've not sure if Manaphy has been confirmed as a Legend yet, but it's pretty much a given :p

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I should probably clear this up, considering i'm surprising myself that I haven't already.

These are merely the official romanisations. The names trademarked by Nintendo for JAPANESE use.

The English language versions have not been announced for these three. And Tamanta is very, very unlikely to stay as Tamanta. Buoysel may stay the same and Parap is likely to be modified slightly.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm hoping everyone here already knew that, especially after I made this topic. But considering that you had to explain that at all, I shake my head at the things that are probably happening on other Pokeforums around the net >.>