• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Thorton's Battle Factory Title Tournament

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
In the far future, the Factory Head of the Battle Factory in Sinnoh and Johto, Thorton has decided to finally quit being a frontier brain. However, he is also conflicted because he is known for his great skill at random battling and there would be no frontier brain if he just quit. Therefore, he has decided to host a tournament inside of his travelling Battle Factory facillity on an island far south from all of the regions: Omni-Island. It will be a big 64 man one, featuring people from all other the world, who have signed up or been invited. Each round will have battles of 3 Pokemon, generated by me. Teams will include Pokemon from all regions, no legendaries or mega evolutions and, apart from mega stones, you can equip any item you want on your Pokemon. You can also put any four moves on the three Pokemon so long as they are legitamate. Winners of the tournament will be allowed to battle Thorton with a randomized team of 6 and if they win, they become the Factory Head.

1. No godmodding. Someone with a Magikarp randomized wouldnt beat someone with a Garchomp if it were a face to face battle.
2. In addition to this, you should try to follow all Pokecharms rules. No Mary Sue characters or anything like that
3. I will give your character a randomized team for that round when we get to it.Normally 3 Pokemon including NFEs, but it will start to be fully evolved as you'll get to the finals. I'll never give you a legendary or wierd form.
4. If you wish, you can control the character who your character is facing, if he/she is an NPC and not being controlled by someone else. If you decide not to, you should tell me and I will. Your character wouldn't need to show off his/her ordinary team since this is randomized.

Once you have submitted a form it is correctly done, i'll add your character to the bracket, found here: https://challonge.com/Thorton (Thorton's Battle Factory Title Tournament! - Challonge)

Name (Include Sirname):
Personality:
Home Region:
Backstory:

Last edited:
Name: Arlo Hopper
Appearance: Blonde hair and Blue Jacket
Personality: Ambitious but that sometimes pushes him away from reality, he can also be antisocial.
Home Region: Kalos
Backstory: Was a pokemon trainer and traveled around kalos, when he heard about the competition he instantly bought tickets and flew to the Omni island.

Last edited:

Name: Arlo
Appearance: Blonde hair and Blue Jacket
Personality: Ambitious but that sometimes pushes him away from reality
Home Region: Kalos
Backstory: Was a pokemon trainer and traveled around kalos, when he heard about the competition he instantly bought tickets and flew to the Omni island.
Accepted! Though you could have made it a bit longer. I will wait for at least a few more people before I put the rp up.

How's it going my favourite Uruk? I'm new to battle RP so I thought this'd be good to help me learn, if not, then no worries at all)
Name: Calvin Hercules
Appearance: Dark Purple short hair, Silver eyes, Wears a long black hooded trench coat (Hood always up), Dark red baggy pants, Black boots and a Grey scarf.
Personality: Calvin cares deeply for each and every one of his Pokémon. Despite his relative kind and friendliness, he loathes losing above all else and never accepts that battles 'are for fun' showing he has a hint of arrogance. He is also known for being blunt to people. He gives some of his Pokémon certain moves to counter their disadvantages that he calls 'Counter moves.'
Home Region: Unova
Backstory: Born in Asperita city around the same time his partner hatched, Calvin grew up with a decent education and a love for Pokémon and battling, when he came of age to become a Pokémon trainer, he jumped at the chance along with his beloved Gible who through an un-defeated chain of battles evolved into a powerful Garchomp. Along his journey, he managed to catch several Pokémon which eventually became his signature team and beloved comrades. Now after completing almost every challenge on Unova, he seeks more challenges around the world to prove he is the best.
Rarely has he ever lost a battle, but those he did lose... nobody breathes a word about...

Last edited:

How's it going my favourite Uruk? I'm new to battle RP so I thought this'd be good to help me learn, if not, then no worries at all)
Name: Calvin
Appearance: Dark Purple short hair, Silver eyes, Wears a long black hooded trench coat (Hood always up), Dark red baggy pants, Black boots and a Grey scarf.
Personality: Calvin cares deeply for each and every one of his Pokémon, especially his Garchomp who grew up beside him. Despite his relative kind and friendliness, he loathes losing above all else and never accepts that battles 'are for fun' showing he has a hint of arrogance. He is also known for being blunt to people. He gives some of his Pokémon certain moves to counter their disadvantages that he calls 'Counter moves.'
Home Region: Unova
Backstory: Born in Asperita city around the same time his partner hatched, Calvin grew up with a decent education and a love for Pokémon and battling, when he came of age to become a Pokémon trainer, he jumped at the chance along with his beloved Gible who through an un-defeated chain of battles evolved into a powerful Garchomp. Along his journey, he managed to catch several Pokémon which eventually became his signature team and beloved comrades. Now after completing almost every challenge on Unova, he seeks more challenges around the world to prove he is the best.
Rarely has he ever lost a battle, but those he did lose... nobody breathes a word about...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokémon team
No.1:
Garchomp
Ability: Rough Skin
Item: Leftovers
Moves: Dragon Claw, Iron Head, Poison Jab, Earthquake
No.2: Gallade
Ability: Steadfast
Item: Muscle band
Moves: Psycho cut, Night slash, Poison jab, Drain punch
No.3: Tsareena
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Item: Miracle Seed
Moves: Trop kick, High jump kick, Teeter dance, U-turn
No.4: Electivire
Ability: Motor drive
Item: Quick Claw
Moves: Thunder, Electric terrain, Brick break, Earthquake
No.5: Seismitoad
Ability: Poison touch
Item: Damp Rock
Moves: Muddy water, Drain punch, Rain dance, Sludge bomb
No.6: Volcarona
Ability: Flame body
Item: Shell Bell
Moves: Quiver dance, Bug Buzz, Heat wave, Psychic
The Pokemon Team Wasn't needed as all teams in this tournament will be randomized if you have another look at the first post. Apart from that, accepted.

I think the maximum number of people i'll have on this is about 8 people since this is a tournament, though it would be much more manageable with less. I will put the names of each person's character on the challonge bracket and that will be used to report the battles as they come.

And another thing to people putting down forms: add a surname if possible. So far, we've had 'Arlo' and 'Calvin.' If they don't have last names, that is fine, but most people in this tournament do. Just need it for the registration proceedure.