• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS This just in!

I just hatched the egg Cynthia gave me...and behold, I am now the proud owner of a Hustling, Adamant Togepi!

Yeah...not the Modest Togepi I wanted, BUT, I heard Togeplane's physical movepool isn't horrendous, so I'm thinking about using this Togepi competitively.

Togekiss
Adamant
Life Orb (or something else)

Extremespeed
Zen Headbutt
Thunder Wave
---I have no idea

So, as I've never even thought to use anything other than a special sweeper Togeplane, I need a bit of help XD

If its got Hustle, might it be worth using the item that boosts accuracy? (Zoom lens? Worth checking that)

Body Slam, Return, Brick Break or Aerial Ace might be options to use. Depends if you want to keep Extremespeed or not, I would if I were you :p

Also, Steel Wing for Rock-types might be an idea. And you still have Roost to choose from too.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Togekiss's physical movepool may not be awful, but usually it suffers greatly with only Base 50 Attack. However, with Hustle, 252 EVs in Attack as well as a good IV in attack, you can get over 300 Attack overall, so it's not completely terrible:

Togekiss @ Life Orb
Adamant
Hustle

- Aerial Ace
- Brick Break
- Roost
- Thunder Wave

Aerial Ace is the move of choice here since it isn't affected by Hustle's Accuracy drop.
Brick Break is your best option against anything that resists Aerial Ace, so it gets second slot. Roost lets you heal off the damage from the Life Orb, and Thunder Wave grants Togekiss some support ability - one good thing about Adamant is it leaves Togekiss's defenses intact, and with Base 85 HP to mess with as well, you may be able to put a decent number of EVs into HP from Speed thanks to Thunder Wave. ExtremeSpeed is a possibility on the set, although 5 PP and now only 80 accuracy thanks to Hustle does put a dent in the move's effectiveness, albeit not enough of a dent to render it unusable.

That's one idea, I'm sure other people will have other options for you.

Rock Smash is an odd option, but it does work to your advantage, sometimes.

With its 50% chance of lowering your opponent's Defense stat, it's somewhat interesting to know that the Defense drop makes sweeping with Aerial Ace a tad easier.