• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

This IS artwork. I made it with my hands!

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Peoples, if you guys think artwork is only drawings or anything cartoon-like, you're wrong. This is what Answers.com says about artwork. Yeah, so peoples, my stuff are NOT drawings of any sort, but, if the definitions are correct, then is is artwork of some sort. If you came here looking for doodles, sorry, but this isn't the place. I'm sorry, but drawing is not my talent, and I never took drawing classes. Never did, never will, I guess. Anyways, here are some bead critters I made:

linkachu.jpg

Linkachu, in all of it's glory. A gift for Katie. I know some of the colors aren't right, but I don't have brown beads. And it has no ears: I can't do a Raichu's ears with beads, peoples, sorry. I thank my mom for making the cap and for taking the picture. [size=3pt](I can't sew at all)[/size] It's big, but my pictures are always big. I hope you guys like like it, especially Katie.

Here's something I made for baratron for the Wishing Nights thingy LAST YEAR, AKA 2007:
DSCF1552.png

It's also big, please bear with me. Again, I thank my mom for taking the pic.

Anyways, if you guys were wondering what I made them out of, I made the actual critters themselves from beads(the instruction book says "Crystal Beads", but I call them plastic beads, or just beads) and fishing line (because it's strong and it doesn't stretch), and my mom made Linkachu's hat out of green fabric and green thread. Hope ya'll like 'em!

Well, chea', it's art. Art can be anything from sideways eyeballs and deformed faces ((lol, Picasso)) to clay sculptures and doodles.

I love the bead mouse. I wants one. I remember making bead lizards years ago, and the occasional frog, but that was about it. The Plusle and Minun are really original.​

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Anyways, if you guys were wondering what I made them out of, I made the actual critters themselves from beads(the instruction book says "Crystal Beads", but I call them plastic beads, or just beads) and fishing line (because it's strong and it doesn't stretch), and my mom made Linkachu's hat out of green fabric and green thread. Hope ya'll like 'em!

Ahem, read, please? It's actually a lot more complicated than just that (like how to string them together and other whatnot), but that's the basics. I can't really explain how I made them, but I made them one way or another.

the Plusle and Minun are very well done, though the Linkachu close up makes it a bit harder to determine the shape...the mouse is very creative, so, I guess I could say, I like 'em

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Right, I'm going to revive this really old topic. And even though this time I'm not posting little bead-critters, I'm giong to put origami here. Yes, origami.

P7130027.png

Strawberry. =D

P7130020.png

It's a bunny!

P7130019.png

Blurry, but it's basically a crane that's a box that's in front of another box.

P7130011.png

A box.

P7130015.png

A piece of the box. Use six of these to make the box above.

P7130009.png

And lastly, I present you with this vase of lilies. The flowers and leaves are origami, the vase is a glass vase, and the stems are just drinking straws. XD

I might post more later, but meh. Not today.

Those are cool, Shiny. How long did it take you to make the box?

I'm okay at origami, but I stink at making lillies. Those lillies are awesome.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Meh, the boxes took only a few minutes. The crane-box took a long time, though. The instructions to make it were sooo ambiguous. x_x

Where did you get the instructions for the crane-box? It looks cool, and doesn't look as bad as my cranes made out of paper napkins.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Meh, my grandma gave me a chinese book that told me how to make it. I just look at the picture instructions, though, as the symbols are pretty much universal, or used in almost every origami book.

Interesting. (maybe I can find an English translation!) Please keep posting pictures of your origami here. You are good.

Very impressive! :o...i looove it! (art freak) It's not often i see someone talented with origami either, and your bead designs of plusle and minun are awesome too! ;D Keep 'em coming i would like to see more!

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Apparently one of my origami books told you how to make a human. Or rather, they called it the "Elias Figure Base". I modified it a bit, like on the arms, head, and feet.

The first one is a person who's just standing there. With a sort of weird background behind him/her/it.
1-2-s.jpg

The second one's of a person who's apparently playing a piano. I made the piano out of memory. The multi-colored chair I had to use 4 sheets of paper to make, and it's really a box. I learned how to make the box from the same book. ^^

1-1-s.jpg

And apparently my mom didn't want to crop the first picture as much as I wanted her to. >