• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS This is an in game team...

Empoleon- Modest
Ability- Torrent
EVs- 252 HP 252 SpA 252 Spe

Surf
Drill Peck
Ice Beam
Earthquake/Aqua Jet

Gliscor- Adamant
Ability- Hyper Cutter
EVs- 252 Atk 4 Def 252 Spe

Swords Dance
Fire Fang
Earthquake
Stone Edge

Jolteon- Timid
Ability- Volt Absorb
EVs- 4 Def 252 SpA 252 Spe

Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Attract
Double Team

Gardevoir- Timid
Ability- Synchronize
EVs 4 HP 252 SpA 252 Spe

Psychic
Thunderbolt
Calm Mind
Reflect

Tangrowth- Naive
Ability- Chlorophyll
Evs 200 Atk 80 SpA 228 Spe

Power Whip
Ancient Power
Leech Seed
Knock Off

Froslass- Timid
Snow Cloak
EVs 4 Def 252 SpA 252 Spe
Hail
Ominous Wind
Blizzard
Spikes

Any feedback will be appreciated. thanks :D

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Teach a Timid Jolteon RETURN? That is awful advice - Timid lowers Jolteon's Attack which is already terrible to begin with. Do your research and make sure you know what you're talking about before posting advice Feralagtr - it'll be a warning next time.

In any case, this seems like it's trying to be a competitive team as well - for in-game it's probably fine as it is, but a bit of polish usually goes a long way, so lets start:

- Empoleon's EV spread has been mistyped since you can't go 252 EVs in three stats. In any event, Drill Peck and Earthquake will be of little use here since Empoleon's Attack is a bit crap with a Modest Nature. I'd drop Drill Peck for Grass Knot and possibly go Flash Cannon for your final slot.

- Gliscor's fine and dandy as he is.

- Double Team is usually banned competitively, so if you do decide to make the transition to competitive, keep that in mind. Otherwise, Attract will see somewhat limited use overall since it only affects the opposite gender and can leave Jolteon open for a turn, which usually results in it dying. Signal Beam is a great alternative if you have access to move tutors, otherwise Charge Beam's power boost and great ability to revenge-kill opponents is a good alternative.

- Gardevoir may struggle to set up Reflect if she's up against anything that packs decent offensive power, but otherwise I'd still consider it viable for the good synergy it provides alongside Calm Mind.

- Tangrowth really doesn't want Naive nature or Speed training since it's slow as a slug no matter what you do to it. Brave or Quiet is probably best for this set since it'll boost your offensive power a bit more, and the Speed EVs should go to HP instead. Moveset is OK overall.

- Froslass will prefer to have Shadow Ball over Ominous Wind to avoid its PP levels dropping to zero, or Thunderbolt to provide that and better coverage as well.

Overall good and interesting ideas - this is definitely a team you'd want to test a bit to see if any of your ideas work. They have the potential to work well, but obviously that means nothing if they don't actually perform as well as you'd like in practice.

Thank you Gerudo Ganon. Wow I didn't notice is mistyped Empoleon's EV spread, lol. I will change some of my moves, EV's and Tangrowth's Nature. Again thank you! :)