• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Thinking Inside the Box Discussion

I've been putting this off for way to long. I'm finally making my own roleplay. I've been on pokecharms for long enough that I'm pretty sure I'm ready, so hear it goes. This roleplay takes place in a trainer's PC box, but with a twist. This trainer is an inventor who has created his own type of PC box system. Basically, all the boxes are based on the zones from pokepark. I'ts okay if you've never played, because the boxes don't have the exact layout. For each box there is a pokemon who is stronger than most of the other pokemon who acts as it's leader. Yes, you can make your character one of them. All pokemon in the box have a box that they mainly live in, but they are able to go to the other box freely. The pokemon usually know most of the other pokemon in their box, but not as many pokemon in others.
Rules:
1. Follow the rules.
2. Basic pokemon role play rules aply.
3. You may have a maximum of 4 characters.
4. No legendaries.
5. There shouldn't be to many shinies.
6. Please do not make a character with the same species as someone else.
7. If you read the rules, say you didn't read the rules.
8. No fakemon.
9. No Swearing
Boxes:
Meadow Box
A lush meadow with rolling hills, plentiful folage, and a river going through. This box is popular with grass, bug, flying, and normal types.

Beach Box
A long beach with mini islands connected by bridges, and palm trees sprinkled around. This box is popular with water and flying types.

Iceberg Box
A very large iceberg floating in the water. It is connected to the beach zone by a bridge. This box is popular with ice and water types.

Cavern Box
A long set of tunnels that are high and wide enough so that claustrophobic pokemon aren't frightened. There are also very pleasant hot springs. For some reason though, someone gratified the letter Q on the wall somewhere and no one can seem to get rid of it. This box is popular with rock, ground, and steel types.

Magma Box
A giant area of the cave only accessible by mine cart. There are multiple pools of lava and is a hot spot for strong pokemon. This box is popular with fire and fighting types.

Haunted Box
A mansion at the end of a long path where the sky is always dark, and there is always a full moon. Many pokemon fear this place, when really, there is nothing to be afraid of. This box is popular with ghost, dark, poison, and psychic types.

Granite Box
A mysterious temple where it is often quiet. It is a very peaceful place, where pokemon sometimes come to meditate. This box is popular with dragon, psychic, and normal types.

Flower Box
If you go all the way through the temple, you will find yourself in a strange place full of flowers. where the sun is always shining. This box is popular with grass, and fairy types

There are also some areas that are not considered boxes.
The Dark forest
This is a strange forest at the far end of the meadow box that was originally going to be a box, but was scrapped due to time restraints. No pokemon live there, and it is said that if you go too far in, you will never come out.

The meeting place
This is a large circular area with a huge tree house in the middle. This area connects the Meadow, Beach, Cavern, Granite, and Haunted boxes. The only pokemon that lives here is chatter.

Sky Pavilion
This is an area only the box leaders are able to access. They get there by teleportation from the meeting place. They all go there to discuss important matters that are to be kept secret from the other pokemon.

Here is the form you must fill out to join. You must be accepted before going on the roleplay.
Name:
Level:
Personality:
Appearance
:
Box:
Crush: (Optional)
Backstory:
Other:
Did you read the rules?:

My Forms:
Name: Sven
Species: Golduck
Level: 84
Personality: He is very chill compared to the other box leaders. Some consider him strange, but he's one of the more popular box keepers.
Appearance: He is very average looking other than the very noticeable emerald on his forehead which should be a red gemstone.
Box: Beach Box
Crush: None
Backstory: He's the son of their trainers first pokemon, and has been treated like a sort of prince for his whole life.
Other: Beach Box Leader (He's the one who gratified the Q)
Did you read the rules?: I made this thing, dangit!

Name: Chatter
Species: Chattot
Level: 15
Personality: He's very responsible. It's his job to make sure everyone stays in line, but the only reason anyone listens to him is because he could easily call Sven at any time.
Appearance
: He is small for his species, and over all not intimidating whatsoever.
Box: Meeting Place
Crush: None
Backstory: He hatched from an egg the trainer was given as a gift very early in his journey and has been in the PC ever since.
Other: He's on a mission to find out who gratified the Q and how to get rid of it.
Did you read the rules?: What did I say in the last one?

Name: Felix
Species: Oshawott
Level: 37
Personality: He's very gullible and will do mostly anything if he's dared to. He looks up to Sven as a father figure since he never really had one. He's constantly training so he can be as strong as him, so needless to say he is filled with determination.
Appearance
: His shell is chipped on one of the corners and he is covered in dust from his training.

Box: Beach
Crush: None yet. (He may once more people have joined)
Backstory: He hatched from his egg all alone and afraid. He wandered aimlessly until he was found by the trainer and caught immediately. Once inside the PC, Sven took him under his wing.
Other: Tried to graffiti the letter O in the Cavern Box, but it was washed off by the next day.
Did you read the rules?: Are you kidding me?

I'll start the roleplay once about five people join.

Last edited:
Name: Primrose
Species: Floette
Level: 21
Personality: Shy, keeps to herself
Appearance: Slightly darker colors than normal except for the vibrant primrose she holds
Box: Flower
Crush: No...
Backstory: Always wanted to be caught but never had the guts to battle, finally got the courage to battle and their dreams came true...
Other: Always secretly wanted to go into the Dark Forest to explore
Did you read the rules?: NO...

Name: Violet
Species: Gengar
Level: 79
Personality: Outgoing, feared my some because they are a gengar and also because they are eccentric
Appearance: Normal except for the flower print apron she wears while cooking
Box: Haunted
Crush: no one
Backstory: When she saw the trainer she floated right up to them and battled just when she was a little haunter. This trainer, however was the owner of the PC's friend, she was traded for a graveler...
Other: Haunted Box Leader, She loves to bake
Did you read the rules?: Maybe...

Last edited:
Name: Primrose
Species: Floette
Level: 21
Personality: Shy, keeps to herself
Appearance: Slightly darker colors than normal except for the vibrant primrose she holds
Crush: No...
Backstory: Always wanted to be caught but never had the guts to battle, finally got the courage to battle and their dreams came true...
Other: Always secretly wanted to go into the Dark Forest to explore
Did you read the rules?: NO...
You're accepted!

Name: Fluffy
Species: Absol
Personality: Wishes that some cat Pokemon will join in his box. Very calm Box Leader.
Appearance: Orange fur cause he likes orange.
Box: Granite.
Crush: NO!
Backstory: Came out because of a tsunami and was caught. When he was caught, he regretted not being able to warn people about the tsunami. He regrets it so much.
Other: He gets bored out of his mind when there is no one to spar with him.
Did you read the rules?: Nope

Last edited:
Name: Fluffy
Species: Absol
Personality: Wishes that some cat Pokemon will join in his box. Very calm Box Leader.
Appearance: Orange fur cause he likes orange.
Box: Granite.
Crush: NO!
Backstory: Came out because of a tsunami and was caught. When he was caught, he regretted not being able to warn people about the tsunami. He regrets it so much.
Other: He gets bored out of his mind when there is no one to spar with him.
Did you read the rules?: Nope
You're accepted

Name: Yuki
Species: (Alolan) Ninetales
Level: 78
Personality: Calm and collected, doesn't talk much to others but is very stern and commanding when necessary. Doesn't tolerate joking around, very serious.
Appearance: Normal, but usually wears a necklace with an ice symbol on it.
Box: Iceberg
Crush: ---
Backstory: As an Alolan Vulpix, Yuki was lost at sea, stranded from Alola. Luckily, the PC Box trainer caught them and raised them for a good amount of time. Eventually, she was sent to the PC Box.
Other: Iceberg Box Leader
Did you read the rules?: Eww, rules.

Name: Kip
Species: Mudkip
Level: 12
Personality: Happy and outgoing, loves to play and fool around. Can't take too many things seriously until it's a bit too late.
Appearance: Normal, but has a blue scarf wrapped around his neck.
Backstory: Traded away to the PC Box trainer, who sent him to the box almost immediately.
Other: Explores the boxes a lot, but always comes back to the Beach Box.
Did you read the rules?: No.

Name: Yuki
Species: (Alolan) Ninetales
Level: 78
Personality: Calm and collected, doesn't talk much to others but is very stern and commanding when necessary. Doesn't tolerate joking around, very serious.
Appearance: Normal, but usually wears a necklace with an ice symbol on it.
Backstory: As an Alolan Vulpix, Yuki was lost at sea, stranded from Alola. Luckily, the PC Box trainer caught them and raised them for a good amount of time. Eventually, she was sent to the PC Box.
Other: Iceberg Box Leader
Did you read the rules?: Eww, rules.

Name: Kip
Species: Mudkip
Level: 12
Personality: Happy and outgoing, loves to play and fool around. Can't take too many things seriously until it's a bit too late.
Appearance: Normal, but has a blue scarf wrapped around his neck.
Backstory: Traded away to the PC Box trainer, who sent him to the box almost immediately.
Other: Explores the boxes a lot, but always comes back to the Beach Box.
Did you read the rules?: No.
You're accepted! I'll probably start the roleplay once a few more people join.

Well, this should be interesting here. I would have never guessed that there would be a new type of a pc box system. (I may be having more characters to introduce later on in the roleplay, as I am going to start with only one of my Pokémon character first.)

Name: His name is currently unknown at the moment.
Species: He is an Aron.
Level: He is roughly level 26.
Personality: He is reserved when it comes to social interactions, as he prefers to be secluded from others. He can be a huge crybaby, as he likes to have things his way. Although he can be silly at times, he can still get some of his tasks done with some time and effort.
Appearance: Aside from being a normal Aron, he wears a silver anklet around his left leg that has something etched on it, which appears to be a word to the trained eye.
Box: He is in the Cavern Box.
Crush: He has no crush at the moment.
Backstory: Although most of his past has been unknown due to the fact that he refuses to tell others, all that is known about him is that he was sent into the PC Box by the trainer so that he could relax from the harsh realities that he could not seem to endure.
Other: All unknown things about him will be revealed in the roleplay with the correct conversation that triggers it.
Did you read the rules?: Negative, Sir!

Well, this should be interesting here. I would have never guessed that there would be a new type of a pc box system. (I may be having more characters to introduce later on in the roleplay, as I am going to start with only one of my Pokémon character first.)

Name: His name is currently unknown at the moment.
Species: He is an Aron.
Level: He is roughly level 26.
Personality: He is reserved when it comes to social interactions, as he prefers to be secluded from others. He can be a huge crybaby, as he likes to have things his way. Although he can be silly at times, he can still get some of his tasks done with some time and effort.
Appearance: Aside from being a normal Aron, he wears a silver anklet around his left leg that has something etched on it, which appears to be a word to the trained eye.
Box: He is in the Cavern Box.
Crush: He has no crush at the moment.
Backstory: Although most of his past has been unknown due to the fact that he refuses to tell others, all that is known about him is that he was sent into the PC Box by the trainer so that he could relax from the harsh realities that he could not seem to endure.
Other: All unknown things about him will be revealed in the roleplay with the correct conversation that triggers it.
Did you read the rules?: Negative, Sir!
You are accepted.

Hmm, so I'm assuming that the roleplay might be made sooner or later depending on the amount of people here...

Also, just a quick question... in the boxes, are the only Pokémon there our characters, or are there also other Pokémon inside the box with us also? (If that is the case, then most likely they would be NPCs then.)

tell me if you want any changes to your characters :)
upload_2017-4-4_15-36-51.png

Last edited:
Ooh, I see someone's been updating the Pokémon characters here... never have I ever seen it with visuals though. (The main reason to why I had some crucial parts of his information such as his name unknown at the start is because of his dark past that he is still attempting to leave behind and have it forgotten.)

Hiya! Uhm... I haven't ever done RP on forums before, so I was wishing to ask if this RP would be open for first timers? If it helps I have done plenty of RP on tabletop, for years even (once a week for hours), and in MMOs actively for even longer. I know how to do it, but basics like writing in past form instead of in present and delays between messages can prove to be quite challenging. Lastly I have no idea how forum people decide when it's best time to RP or alike, yet eagerly wishing to learn that aspect as well. ♥

So if I'm free to join, I'd really wish to see where this goes. I'll just fill the template for funsies.

Name: Serene
Species: Butterfree
Level: 51
Personality: A calm and caring thing. She can quite commonly be found greeting and talking to new arrivals in the meadow box, making sure that they'd settle in to the new environment well. She's rather stubborn in her will to help out smaller creatures, even quite often ferrying them from box to box, from mere request to see them. Even with the calm and friendly nature, few knows of her combat prowess and those few who have witnessed it, still gain haunting dreams for those glowing eyes.
Appearance: Rather standard looking butterfree. One of the hundreds compound eyes is blind, making a white dot appear to side of her left eye, but due to structure of the compound eye, it doesn't really restrict her vision. Her legs looks to be slightly larger than normally for her kind, like she'd actually use them for walking, even if rarely. She's mostly recognized by her voice.
Box: Meadow, yet like some others she can be seen traversing between boxes.
Crush: Who knows.
Backstory: One of the earlier catches of the trainer, she's been through a lot of different kind of fights and even given rather harsh training during her days out in the wilds. She's been practically weaponize to be one of the most powerful of her kin, swift and hard hitting. Yet as time moved on, and new pokémon joined, she was cast to PC box, like so many others, forgotten there and never to be sought again. During her time in the PC, she's been trying her best to be at-least somewhat useful, by taking care of the smaller ones that would join the meadows, while the actual leader of the box would take care of the fighters and old timers.
Other: Dreamed of becoming the leader of her box, yet as the time goes on, the pokemons that arrive seems to become ever more formidable, leaving her dream even more distant, with every single new battle proven pokemon arriving (perfectly represented by her level). The fleeting dream is now almost lost, while the bitterness of it can only rarely be seen or heard about.
Did you read the rules?: Who what when? I'm a lousy liar you know? D:

Last edited:
Hiya! Uhm... I haven't ever done RP on forums before, so I was wishing to ask if this RP would be open for first timers? If it helps I have done plenty of RP on tabletop, for years even (once a week for hours), and in MMOs actively for even longer. I know how to do it, but basics like writing in past form instead of in present and delays between messages can prove to be quite challenging. Lastly I have no idea how forum people decide when it's best time to RP or alike, yet eagerly wishing to learn that aspect as well. ♥

So if I'm free to join, I'd really wish to see where this goes. I'll just fill the template for funsies.

Name: Serene
Species: Butterfree
Level: 51
Personality: A calm and caring thing. She can quite commonly be found greeting and talking to new arrivals in the meadow box, making sure that they'd settle in to the new environment well. She's rather stubborn in her will to help out smaller creatures, even quite often ferrying them from box to box, from mere request to see them. Even with the calm and friendly nature, few knows of her combat prowess and those few who have witnessed it, still gain haunting dreams for those glowing eyes.
Appearance: Rather standard looking butterfree. One of the hundreds compound eyes is blind, making a white dot appear to side of her left eye, but due to structure of the compound eye, it doesn't really restrict her vision. Her legs looks to be slightly larger than normally for her kind, like she'd actually use them for walking, even if rarely. She's mostly recognized by her voice.
Box: Meadow, yet like some others she can be seen traversing between boxes.
Crush: Who knows.
Backstory: One of the earlier catches of the trainer, she's been through a lot of different kind of fights and even given rather harsh training during her days out in the wilds. She's been practically weaponize to be one of the most powerful of her kin, swift and hard hitting. Yet as time moved on, and new pokémon joined, she was cast to PC box, like so many others, forgotten there and never to be sought again. During her time in the PC, she's been trying her best to be at-least somewhat useful, by taking care of the smaller ones that would join the meadows, while the actual leader of the box would take care of the fighters and old timers.
Other: Dreamed of becoming the leader of her box, yet as the time goes on, the pokemons that arrive seems to become ever more formidable, leaving her dream even more distant, with every single new battle proven pokemon arriving (perfectly represented by her level). The fleeting dream is now almost lost, while the bitterness of it can only rarely be seen or heard about.
Did you read the rules?: Who what when? I'm a lousy liar you know? D:
I'm perfectly fine with accepting newcomers. In fact, both Sky_Lynx_ and snowywolf15, who are friends of mine, are also new to roleplaying on pokecharms, so you're not alone. The roleplay will probably be up very soon.

You could, as long as you've read the pokemon roleplay rules, and the ones I left above. As long as you've done that, you can fill out a form.

Name: Damian
Species: dartrix
Level: 24
Personality: is a quiet and sucluded person who will only talk to a few people
Appearance: the feather darts are blue but that's the only diffrance
Crush: Primrose
Backstory: he was found wounded in a forest as a rowlet when he was caught, he was nursed back to Heath and sent to the PC
Other: N/A
Did you read the rules?: Rules? What are they?

Name: Damian
Species: dartrix
Level: 24
Personality: is a quiet and sucluded person who will only talk to a few people
Appearance: the feather darts are blue but that's the only diffrance
Crush: Primrose
Backstory: he was found wounded in a forest as a rowlet when he was caught, he was nursed back to Heath and sent to the PC
Other: N/A
Did you read the rules?: Rules? What are they?
Accepted

Name: Vidyut
Species: Mareep
Level: 35
Personality: Very happy and nieve. Kinda shy and when Pokemon are annoyed by him, he freaks out in terror and apologizes immediately.
Appearance: Same as any other mareep, but the lightbulb on its tail is extraordinarily bright.
Box: Meadow box, but likes exploration.
Crush: NOPE
Backstory: When he was younger, he was very clumsy and found himself at a power plant. So he went inside and tripped into the main storage compartment. Ever since then, his tail was so blinding that everyone in his meadow told him to leave. So he did. when he left, he was spotted by the trainer and was caught. For a time he was well used by them. Then he saw some better Pokemon and traded him out for them.
Other: Very hyperactive and can't stop moving.
Did you read the rules?: Of course not!

Charlespark, I noticed you have another character in the rolepay. I'd like to know if they will just be in a few posts, or if they are an actual character. If they are, please fill out a form for them.

I've had my eye on this RP for a while! How could I resist the PokéPark vibe? Anyway, here's my character!

Name: Araminta (goes by Ara and Mint, but mainly the latter)
Species: Mawile
Level: 83
Personality: Mint is an inventive and imaginative Pokemon, with a love for all things steampunk. She's proud of her work and that of others, but can be a bit too trusting, which can sometimes lead to the destruction of her machines. They're able to be created due to her high intelligence. The Pokemon of the boxes know her as venturesome, since she rarely stays in one place at once, unless that place is the Cavern Box, where she stores all of her inventions. Also, she's always wanted to try out archery, and even had her own set of bow and arrows.
Appearance: For the most part, Mint looks like the average Mawile, but instead of the black that would make up the hair and jaw of her head, they are a light reddish-brown hue, and the tan of her body is slightly darker. Also, she wears a pair of "steampunk" goggles on her forehead.
Box: Cavern, but she's known for never really starting in the same place for a long period of time.
Crush: none (yet...)
Backstory: This is a simple one: she was found in the wild, the PC Box Trainer caught her for her Mega Evolution, but two things made them put her in the Box. First of all, they had no idea where to find the Mawalite needed for Mega Evolution. Secondly, when the Trainer realized that Mint preferred to not battle, they knew they'd need a Pokemon who was willing to train and grow stronger. Thus, the Mawile wound up in the Cavern PC Box.
Other: She's the leader of the Cavern Box.
Did you read the rules?: Heck no!

Just tell me if there's something I should add/change, alright?

Last edited:
I've had my eye on this RP for a while! How could I resist the PokéPark vibe? Anyway, here's my character!

Name: Araminta (goes by Ara and Mint, but mainly the latter)
Species: Mawile
Level: 83
Personality: Mint is an inventive and imaginative Pokemon, with a love for all things steampunk. She's proud of her work and that of others, but can be a bit too trusting, which can sometimes lead to the destruction of her machines. They're able to be created due to her high intelligence. The Pokemon of the boxes know her as venturesome, since she rarely stays in one place at once, unless that place is the Granite Box, where she stores all of her inventions. Also, she's always wanted to try out archery, and even had her own set of bow and arrows.
Appearance: For the most part, Mint looks like the average Mawile, but instead of the black that would make up the hair and jaw of her head, they are a light brownish-red hue, and the tan of her body is slightly darker. Also, she wears a pair of "steampunk" goggles on her forehead.
Box: Granite, but she's known for never really starting in the same place for a long period of time.
Crush: none (yet...)
Backstory: This is a simple one: she was found in the wild, the PC Box Trainer caught her for her Mega Evolution, but two things made them put her in the Box. First of all, they had no idea where to find the Mawalite needed for Mega Evolution. Secondly, when the Trainer realized that Mint preferred to not battle, they knew they'd need a Pokemon who was willing to train and grow stronger. Thus, the Mawile wound up in the Granite PC Box.
Other: Nothing that I can think of, no.
Did you read the rules?: Heck no!

Just tell me if there's something I should add/change, alright?
She seems a bit powerful for a pokemon who isn't a Box Leader, so it would be good if you brought her level down a bit or made her a Box Leader of somewhere else, since we already have a Granite Box Leader. Other than that your form's great.

Name: Steel
Species: Scizor
Level: 60
Personality: Steel is a very serious Pokemon, usually preferring not to interact with people. He rarely speaks, usually letting his expression do the talking. However, on the inside, Steel is a caring Pokemon and only wants to be happy, despite his stoic disposition.
Appearance: A pretty standard Scizor, apart from being a bit taller and having a large gash across his left arm.
Box: Meadow
Crush: (Optional): Maybe. I'd rather not say.
Backstory: Steel was one of the trainer's ace Pokemon in his earlier days, having defeated many foes. During this period, Steel was happy with his life, enjoying the wandering and combat. After a while though, Steel was switched out for a more powerful Tyranitar, which shattered Steel. Ever since, he has been a silent warrior, and never truly happy.
Other: I don't believe so.
Did you read the rules?: Rules? Rules are for those that are weak.

Name: Steel
Species: Scizor
Level: 60
Personality: Steel is a very serious Pokemon, usually preferring not to interact with people. He rarely speaks, usually letting his expression do the talking. However, on the inside, Steel is a caring Pokemon and only wants to be happy, despite his stoic disposition.
Appearance: A pretty standard Scizor, apart from being a bit taller and having a large gash across his left arm.
Box: Meadow
Crush: (Optional): Maybe. I'd rather not say.
Backstory: Steel was one of the trainer's ace Pokemon in his earlier days, having defeated many foes. During this period, Steel was happy with his life, enjoying the wandering and combat. After a while though, Steel was switched out for a more powerful Tyranitar, which shattered Steel. Ever since, he has been a silent warrior, and never truly happy.
Other: I don't believe so.
Did you read the rules?: Rules? Rules are for those that are weak.
Accepted.

Well, I am going to be having a second major character in the roleplay now! I have added in more information since there is a lot behind my other character. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to privately speak to me via conversation.

Name: His name is Joel.
Species: He is a Jangmo-o.
Level: He is about level 48.
Personality: Joel is a Pokémon that should not be taken lightly for his young appearance, as he has a very short temper and minuscule patience with others. He often gets into fights with others, as he always likes to have things his own way. He cannot seem to reason with others, as he typically uses force to solve problems. Although he may seem unruly to some, he can still be somewhat befriended at first if given proper time and care.
Appearance: Joel is a small, quadruped Pokémon that bears resemblance to the ankylosaur, as he has some distinct features in his coloration. The lower half of his body is lightly white, while the upper half is in a darker shade of black. His baby blue eyes are big, as the large, heart-shaped scale on his head is darkly blue. His teardrop-shaped, loose-hanging scales that form a semi-ring around his shoulders and upper body are black and are dark blue on the outside edge. A small, solid dark blue scale is on the tip of his black tail, as his paws and feet each have three dark blue claws. (If this is too hard to visualize, simply think of it as his negative coloring when the colors are flipped around.)
Box:
He is in the Granite Box.
Crush: He has no crush at the moment, as he might not really have one at all unfortunately.
Backstory: Joel was found in the wilderness by his trainer, as the trainer attempted to relentlessly capture him since he was beyond of what he called a shiny Pokémon. Unfortunately for the trainer, he could not really seem to even take care of him since his unruly nature ended up endlessly screwing over most battles that caused his violence to have police chasing him down like a flock of feeding hawks. Eventually, he ended up in the Granite Box after the trainer hesitantly bid farewell to him, as he hoped that he could at least get along with one other Pokémon in the PC Boxes that would soon become his new home.
Other: He wears a sky blue scarf around his neck.
Did you read the rules?: Nope.avi

Emotional Level Information:
Emotional Levels are used to describe how Joel's emotions and mood are, as it can range from the levels of deep despair, to even the critical, unstable zone. It can also make Joel do better or worse in battle depending on his Emotional Level.

Despair: The lowest Emotional Level of them all. Joel will be most likely in tears, or even be seen cowering away from his foes in terror. He will do significantly worse in battle as his attack and special attack are dramatically reduced by three stages. His attacks will almost be guaranteed to miss and he becomes more vulnerable to his type weaknesses in addition to being more vulnerable to status problems.

Downcast: Joel can be normally seen sobbing or being rather paranoid around his surroundings. His combat performance will be substandard, as his attack and special attack are reduced by two stages. His attacks will miss more often and he will become more vulnerable to status problems.

Low: Joel will be having a slight feeling of sadness from most likely his memories or not having his way, as it can also be from having some tension. He will do slightly worse in battle, as his attack and special attack are reduced by one stage. In addition, his attacks may miss; even if he uses attacks that normally never miss.

Normal: The standard Emotional Level that Joel usually starts with in battle. He is content, as there are no stat changes whatsoever.

High: Joel's temper starts to rise, as his voice will become more louder and hostile towards others. His speed is increased by one stage, as he may start to disobey the authority's commands.

Volatile: Joel's fury is now more noticeable, as his eyes start to turn red; giving off the prominent sign of his anger. His speed stays only at one stage increased, though he is now able to elude some projectile based attacks more easily. His disobedience may start to become distinct at this point, as he may also begin ruthlessly attacking his target.

Unstable: The highest and dangerously critical Emotional Level that Joel can be in. He can often be seen yelling about at others, as extreme caution should always be taken care around him if he is in this state, because he will almost always attack anything in sight. His speed is increased by two stages now, as he is still able to elude some projectile based attacks more easily. In addition, he will sometimes execute linked attacks in combat. His disobedience towards the authority will become immense, as he will almost always relentlessly attack his target; which may include friendly Pokémon if they are unfortunate to be in his way.

Special Notes:
  • Employs physical and special combination attacks.
  • Attacks quickly and relentlessly, especially against stronger Pokémon.
  • Often engages in close quarters combat.
  • Capable of inflicting Cowering and Paralysis.

Well, I am going to be having a second major character in the roleplay now! I have added in more information since there is a lot behind my other character. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to privately speak to me via conversation.

Name: His name is Joel.
Species: He is a Jangmo-o.
Level: He is about level 48.
Personality: Joel is a Pokémon that should not be taken lightly for his young appearance, as he has a very short temper and minuscule patience with others. He often gets into fights with others, as he always likes to have things his own way. He cannot seem to reason with others, as he typically uses force to solve problems. Although he may seem unruly to some, he can still be somewhat befriended at first if given proper time and care.
Appearance: Joel is a small, quadruped Pokémon that bears resemblance to the ankylosaur, as he has some distinct features in his coloration. The lower half of his body is lightly white, while the upper half is in a darker shade of black. His baby blue eyes are big, as the large, heart-shaped scale on his head is darkly blue. His teardrop-shaped, loose-hanging scales that form a semi-ring around his shoulders and upper body are black and are dark blue on the outside edge. A small, solid dark blue scale is on the tip of his black tail, as his paws and feet each have three dark blue claws. (If this is too hard to visualize, simply think of it as his negative coloring when the colors are flipped around.)
Box:
He is in the Granite Box.
Crush: He has no crush at the moment, as he might not really have one at all unfortunately.
Backstory: Joel was found in the wilderness by his trainer, as the trainer attempted to relentlessly capture him since he was beyond of what he called a shiny Pokémon. Unfortunately for the trainer, he could not really seem to even take care of him since his unruly nature ended up endlessly screwing over most battles that caused his violence to have police chasing him down like a flock of feeding hawks. Eventually, he ended up in the Granite Box after the trainer hesitantly bid farewell to him, as he hoped that he could at least get along with one other Pokémon in the PC Boxes that would soon become his new home.
Other: He wears a sky blue scarf around his neck.
Did you read the rules?: Nope.avi

Emotional Level Information:
Emotional Levels are used to describe how Joel's emotions and mood are, as it can range from the levels of deep despair, to even the critical, unstable zone. It can also make Joel do better or worse in battle depending on his Emotional Level.

Despair: The lowest Emotional Level of them all. Joel will be most likely in tears, or even be seen cowering away from his foes in terror. He will do significantly worse in battle as his attack and special attack are dramatically reduced by three stages. His attacks will almost be guaranteed to miss and he becomes more vulnerable to his type weaknesses in addition to being more vulnerable to status problems.

Downcast: Joel can be normally seen sobbing or being rather paranoid around his surroundings. His combat performance will be substandard, as his attack and special attack are reduced by two stages. His attacks will miss more often and he will become more vulnerable to status problems.

Low: Joel will be having a slight feeling of sadness from most likely his memories or not having his way, as it can also be from having some tension. He will do slightly worse in battle, as his attack and special attack are reduced by one stage. In addition, his attacks may miss; even if he uses attacks that normally never miss.

Normal: The standard Emotional Level that Joel usually starts with in battle. He is content, as there are no stat changes whatsoever.

High: Joel's temper starts to rise, as his voice will become more louder and hostile towards others. His speed is increased by one stage, as he may start to disobey the authority's commands.

Volatile: Joel's fury is now more noticeable, as his eyes start to turn red; giving off the prominent sign of his anger. His speed stays only at one stage increased, though he is now able to elude some projectile based attacks more easily. His disobedience may start to become distinct at this point, as he may also begin ruthlessly attacking his target.

Unstable: The highest and dangerously critical Emotional Level that Joel can be in. He can often be seen yelling about at others, as extreme caution should always be taken care around him if he is in this state, because he will almost always attack anything in sight. His speed is increased by two stages now, as he is still able to elude some projectile based attacks more easily. In addition, he will sometimes execute linked attacks in combat. His disobedience towards the authority will become immense, as he will almost always relentlessly attack his target; which may include friendly Pokémon if they are unfortunate to be in his way.

Special Notes:
  • Employs physical and special combination attacks.
  • Attacks quickly and relentlessly, especially against stronger Pokémon.
  • Often engages in close quarters combat.
  • Capable of inflicting Cowering and Paralysis.
Accepted

Name: Excalibur
Species: Aegislash
Level: 69
Personality: Excalibur is very calm and collected, and takes quite an effort to anger. He is not very talkative, which makes him misunderstood. He is very noble though, and will fight for his friends. He is also a great strategist, and prefers defense over offense.
Appearance: A normal Aegislash, but his shield has a metal spike in the middle to counter attacks using King's Shield. His hilt is slightly taller than a normal Aegislash, and the markings on the end of his arm-like tendrils reach up to his shoulders. He also has bandages wrapped right below his hilt.
Crush: None, nor does he want to have one.
Backstory: As a Honedge, he was a young prince's most loyal and powerful Pokemon, until he was replaced by other more powerful ghost-type Pokemon. He has since become a loner, and tries to redeem himself.
Other: None.
Did you read the rules? Nope.

Last edited:
Name: Excalibur
Species: Aegislash
Level: 69
Personality: Excalibur is very calm and collected, and takes quite an effort to anger. He is not very talkative, which makes him misunderstood. He is very noble though, and will fight for his friends. He is also a great strategist, and prefers defense over offense.
Appearance: A normal Aegislash, but his shield has a metal spike in the middle to counter attacks using King's Shield. His hilt is slightly taller than a normal Aegislash, and the markings on the end of his arm-like tendrils reach up to his shoulders. He also has bandages wrapped right below his hilt.
Crush: None, nor does he want to have one.
Backstory: As a Honedge, he was a young prince's most loyal and powerful Pokemon, until he was replaced by other more powerful ghost-type Pokemon. He has since become a loner, and tries to redeem himself.
Other: None.
Did you read the rules? Nope.
Accepted

I'm gonna make another character cuz why not.

Name: Polaris
Species: Starmie
Level: 71
Personality: So quiet, that most Pokemon think he is mute. He is rather cold and dismissive towards Pokemon he just met. Behind this facade though, is an extremely smart Pokemon who rivals the smarts of an Alakazam.
Appearance: A regular Starmie, but the gem in the center is purple instead of pink.
Crush: Generally hates other Pokemon, so no.
Backstory: He was stranded as a Staryu on an iceberg in the middle of the ocean, with no memories whatsoever. He was raised by Pokemon such as Dewgong and Lapras in the ocean.
Other: Here's a poorly edited picture:
Did you read the rules? What the heck are rules?

Attachments

• Polaris.png
    Polaris.png
    88.3 KB · Views: 25

Personality: So quiet, that most Pokemon think he is mute. He is rather cold and dismissive towards Pokemon he just met. Behind this facade though, is an extremely smart Pokemon who rivals the smarts of an Alakazam.
Appearance: A regular Starmie, but the gem in the center is purple instead of pink.
Backstory: He was stranded as a Staryu on an iceberg in the middle of the ocean, with no memories whatsoever. He was raised by Pokemon such as Dewgong and Lapras in the ocean.
Again, accepted.

So first it was a Rhyperior owning a Minun, now it's a Scizor dominating a little evil Jangmo-o...

I wonder what's going to be next... my prediction is going to be a Tyranitar or Charizard annihilating one of my Fan Made Pokémon.

(I'm pretty sure that @ProfessorSticks gets the reference here.)

Can I add Polaris to the my collection of the characters? I like using the creators own art if its they made their own like Sky Lynx's Fluffy.
upload_2017-4-3_18-5-37.png