• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open "There Are All Kinds of Courage." - Hogwarts RP

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
NO INTRO. INSTANT RULES.
1. Follow general pokecharms rules.
2. If someone's CHARACTER insulted YOUR CHARACTER, DO NOT REPORT THEM! This leads to a lot of misunderstanding and leaving of the RP ! The people aren't insulting you DIRECTLY!!
3. Romance is allowed, but don't get too comfortable.
4. Absolutely, NO making up spells!
5. You can't be half gryffindor and ravenclaw or anything like that.
6. The Canon characters, except the bad guys, don't exist in the RP.
7. If someone is battling someone else, they need to take permission from me and the RPer whether their spells hit, or not, and whether they win or not.
8. You HAVE to stick to the character sheet!
9. ALL characters in the story are protagonists! Don't make your character steal all the spotlight and leave the other RPers who wanted to have fun, in the shade.
10. These rules are very strict, and if they can't be followed, I will tell an administrator to close down the RP.
~×●=●×~
Name : Nathan "Nate" Bishop
Patronus : Grass Snake
House : Gryffindor
Quidditch Role : Seeker
Wand Info : 12. 5 Inches Long, Phoenix Feather Core, Cedar Wood, Quite Bendy
Personality : Usually quiet, but really a normal person when someone gets to know him, not too much of a tom boy, although he has more male friends than female ones. Usually really hardcore, pretty smart and likes some jokes, and even makes one of his own jokes. Pretty average person, overall.
Blood Type : Half Blood
Appearance : Brown Hair, Dark Brown Eyes, with pale skin, which is a bit tanned. Of course, he wears the usual hogwarts uniform, but his casual clothes are a unbuttoned red checked shirt, with a white shirt under it, with a 'STORM' written on it. He wears dark black jeans, and black shoes, with white laces. He has a small scar through his right eyebrow.
Other : He is heterosexual. He has a pet 'Dragon Toad'. His dad passed away from cancer when he was 10.
~×●=●×~​
Nathan was at the subway place with his mum, "Are you ready, sweet? You're going to become a wizard!" Said his mother, which had been a witch before, and she was quite happy that her only son would become a wizard, "And it's the best school possible!" Said Nathan excitedly. He knew only one spell, secretly taught from his mother, 'Spelliarmus'. He was sure he'd learn lots more spells at Hogwarts, "Mum, I want to go with Nate, too.." Said his pouting 8 year old sister, "When you're a little bit older, okay?" Mum pinched his sister's cheeks. Drach just stood there on Nathan's head. Drach was his dragon toad. He was a orange toad, with two crests on his head, making him look like a dragon, he also had a long tail. Nathan waved goodbye to his family, and went through a wall to Hogwarts Express.

There it was. The train to Hogwarts. Nathan's life as a wizard had just begun. He began walking enthusiastically into the train. He looked at his wand, his pet and wondered how his new life as a wizard in Hogwarts will be.

Name: Estella Martin
Patronus: Nebelung Cat
House: Slytherin
Quidditch role: Chaser
Wand info: Pear wood, Dragon Heartstring core, 13 inches, pliant flexibility
Personality: Extremely outgoing and spontaneous. She can come off rude at times, but she never means to. She’s a great problem solver, but tends to accidentally create problems. When it comes to her studies she is very ambitious.
Blood type: Pure blood
Appearance: She always wear cat-eye glasses, but when she isn’t wearing her school uniform, she wears a light blue hoodie with a black and white striped shirt underneath it. She wears blue jeans and white shoes which she has colored on. Her hair is shoulder length and a light brown. Her eyes are hazel and she has tanned skin.
Other: She has a female barn owl she name Twinkle.

~+~+~ ~+~+~

Estella gazed in astonishment at the crimson train. “ I’ve never seen anything so big. “ She said breathlessly. Her father chuckled. “ Get used to it, Kiddo. You’ll be seeing it every year now . “ He said gruffly and ruffled her hair. Estella playfully scowled at her father and attempted to flatten her hair. She was an only child, so she got plenty of attention from her father. Her mother, however was a different story. She was cold to Estella and rambled on and on about muggle borns and the supposed filth they carried with them. Her father believed none of this and taught Estella that muggle borns were just like them.
It was time to get onto the train. Estella’s father picked her up into a hug. “ Don’t get to any trouble, Kiddo, or you’ll never hear the end of it. “ Father said to her. Estella nodded into the hug. “ Of course Father. I’ll miss you. “ Her father placed her down on the ground again. “ Now go and be the best student you can be! “ With that, Estella grabbed her owl, Twinkle and her luggage, and hopped onto the train. She plopped herself down in the first empty compartment and stared out the window, wondering what grand adventures she’ have at Hogwarts.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Nathan looked out he window, and then, "Pfff, I'm bored!" He exclaimed. He got out of he little place he was sitting alone in, and began exploring a bit. He then opened a little curtain, and saw a girl (Estelle), looking out of a window, "Eh, it's rude to stare at people and sneak up on them. I'll go back." He muttered as he went back to his little room and played with Drach a little, "You know, people might think you're a lizard, since you have crests and a tail, but then I'd laugh at them, and say 'No, no. That's actually a Dragon Toad.' " Said Nate as he giggled a bit, "And I've read a book about Hogwarts saying that toads are the least popular pets at Hogwarts, but that's greatly offensive to your kind, and so, I took you in!" Said Nathan. Drach rolled his black eyes, he'd heard this story millions of times. He jumped on Nate's head and just slept, "Well, now I have no one else to talk to. Guess, I'll just....." Nathan looked at the grass fields from his window.

Estella quickly got bored. She couldn’t pet Twinkle, she was sleeping. And no one else was in the compartment with her. She decided to go out and make a few friends.
She exited her compartment, and peaked through a few others. Everyone seemed to already have friends, until she looked into one with a boy staring out his window.
Estella smiled and knocked on the door before entering, to let him know someone was coming in.
“ Hello? May I come in? “ She asked politely.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Nate was about to fall asleep, but then then he brightened up once again, to see the girl he saw earlier right at his compartment door curtain, "Oh! Yeah, sure, why not?" He said calmly, "Name's Nathan - call me Nate - and this is Drach." He introduced himself and his dragon toad, "What's your name? Oh, and your barn owl's too, if I may?" He tried to sound as polite as she was.

Estella smiled. “ I’m Estella, and this is Twinkle. “ She said motioning to her sleeping bird. “ I can’t wait to get there! To Hogwarts I mean. What house are you hoping to get? “

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"Hmm, I don't really know. Griffyndor or Slytherin might be cool. Ravenclaw would be fine, too. Don't know about Hufflepuff, though...." He said calmly, "Can you show me your wand? Here's mine." He said, showing his cedar wood, 12.5 inch wand, "It has a phoenix feather core." He said as he was bending it a bit. It was quite bendy, "Dad used to say that wands choose their owners, not the opposite, and that I was 'special' since the type of wands which I have are quite powerful and really picky about their owners, I'm not really sure about that, though, I don't think I'm that special. But, one thing I'm sure about though, is that he said they were a bit difficult to control." He said, getting carried away with talking, "Oops! I think I talked too much, uh, can you show me your wand and tell me your opinion on the houses?" He said, trying to splice in the subject she wanted to talk about at first.

Estella stuck her hand into the pocket of her hoodie and found her wand. It had a flame-like design on it. “ Thisis my wand. It’s Pear wood, 13 inches and a dragon heartstrings core. It’s really flexible too. “ She said this while bending it.
“ I hope to be in Slytherin. That’s the house my Father was in. I wouldn’t mind being in Ravenclaw either. She responded.