• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The World Eater - Skyrim Roleplay Discussion

And the thread is created!
It's a rather short starting post, but I didn't see any point in it being too long.
Val is currently in the forests outside of Rorikstead, and it just occurred to me that our protagonists have no reason to be in the same area. Your first post can be an interaction, or even just you setting up your character's goal/story/personality/etc. You do you! I have a plan for the storyline determined, so once our group is made I'll get that into motion. Here's the link, looking forward to seeing your replies!
https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-world-eater-skyrim-roleplay.21383/

Are you familiar with any mods? I don't plan to add anything immersion breaking but I do have a few ideas for abilities, story, and overall creativity. and obviously, I wouldn't add anything without permission.

I personally never got to play with any mods; my first Skyrim experience was a used copy for the Xbox 360 when I was like 10. But! So long as you run the mods/ideas by me, I highly doubt I’ll have any issues with them :>

ok cool. I was just going to suggest simple stuff like giving an item unique powers or expanding on magic (given that the base games magic is very simple.)

Also, story-wise one problem with the absence of a Dragonborn. there would be no reason why the Blades would come out of hiding.

yes, that's what I'm implying.

without the Dragonborn using his shout the greybeards have no one to summon, and without the summons delphine cannot plan to meet up. If I had to think, in order to keep the story on track delphine would need to trust one of the adventurers to help her cause. which shouldn't be too hard. everything else would follow as it doesn't necessarily require a dragon born.

If shouts are super important for you guys I can add simple "twist" to acquiring them. though I rather save the idea for later.

Hmm, well the Dragonborn is already dead and that's as AU as it gets. Maybe instead of wracking our heads about how something will happen, we just make this into an AU and I mean that's what it already is anyway. One or two things create plot holes, not anymore, we can just make up our own lore. I guess if you really want to picture it, this could technically be a "modded" play through if you want to think about it that way.

Though, if you guys want to make this as vanilla and on track with the game, I'll have to excuse myself from this. Of course no hard feelings will be attached with my departure and I hope to rp with you all some other day.

very sorry for the lack of response, school started up again which is.. bwagh. everything's under control again, though, so dont expect many more absences.
im completely okay with spinning this off track of the game. i originally intended to keep it vanilla because i was afraid i'd have to change the plot entirely by myself, but that was mainly because i expected to get no responses/responses from people who weren't as.. in depth, we'll say. on the contrary, you lot seem more than willing to help flesh out with the changes i need to make, and i really appreciate that!
im just a bit worried about how far we'll be changing things; i could always change the name to skyrim based roleplay, so really we could change it as much or as little as you want.
no dragonborn for delphine to hear about? of course not, delphine just heard about a group of imbeciles managing to kill dragons together. greybeards hear no shout and they stay silent? no problemo, they stay isolated and we just go around the issue regardless.
theres no point in twisting ourselves in knots trying to find answers that fit everywhere, so I say why not just make our own answers and make them fit.

@Red Gallade Yeah, that sounds good to me!

On a similar note, where will all of our characters be meeting up? From the looks of it, they’re mainly in two different locations right now, so is there a specific place you’d like us to meet in the middle in order to kickstart the plot, or are we just going to play it completely by ear? We’re already not following the flow of the game, so I’m not sure if it’d matter too much, but you mentioned having a rough idea of something planned out earlier so I’m just curious.

In all honesty, that's up to you guys. I have a rough idea of what will happen once everyone meets up, but as for getting everyone together, I'm being pretty loose. Chances are, once Ryon and Jo meet, that'll kickstart everything and the rest of our characters will come tumbling into the party via the magic of plot convenience.
As far as I know, everybody is vaguely around Falkreath; in the city, the outskirts, or heading there, so once they're all in a general area and meet by coincidence, I can start off with the plan I've scraped together.

I hate to be that guy, but my computer just broke. I don't know how often I will be able to respond until I can get a new computer. For now I think the best option is to ignore my character and when I get my computer, which will likely be either next week or the week after, then we can find some way to introduce him.

aw, no worries !! im sorry to hear about the computer, its never fun to go through that process :c
but im sure it won't be too big of a deal; the roleplay is moving a bit slow as the characters are just now being fleshed out, so im sure you wont miss much and we'll get zander and anahi right back into the story c:

I'm back! I actually got a computer way sooner than I thought I would. I' actually managed to pop out a post. I know it was kinda short and a little quickie post- I was just trying to establish Zander's location and get things rolling a little bit more. Please forgive my lack of detail, and if you want I don't mind going back and adding more to my post when I have more time.

Last edited: