• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The World According to Us

"Eh, it happens. Can't sulk after it, he lived a good life or least best I could provide and that counts for something. Least my old man use to say that..." Desmond said, taking a sip as he had recounted one of the few bits of actual wisdom his father had left for him growing up which though no one else had any context to it had been a very small list.

"You had any pets?" He asked, curious since he had been caught in the convo least he could get something to note.

Tabitha thought for a moment, before smiling at the slight remembrance of a pet.

“Oh, actually, when I was a kid, I had a white dog! We named him snowball, and he was really fluffy.” Tabitha said.

Blake just continued to pick up the trash, I inching a bit away from the girl. He knew she wasn’t a bad person, he just felt awkward and nervous around girls.

Last edited:

jade421

Previously Sarah316
However, while Blake worked to inch away from Destiny she in turn inched closer to the boy though unaware at first as she just tried to scoop up trash around her. Though once she noticed he had been avoiding her she sighed as she wanted to try and at least get a sentence going with the boy. "You know, I don't bite you know. I think this would be easier if we could communicate a bit. Help each other out you know?" Destiny said, as she tried to again be friendly though kept her energy lowered this time.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Sorry if I am making you feel awkward, I just figure talking would help us both through this. Lot of work to just sit in silence through." Destiny said as she worked to clean and chat though she was aware he seemed somewhat shy as she hoped to try and make this more comforting as time progressed.

Blake didn’t answer her, hoping she would stop engaging in conversation. He simply continued to pick up the trash around the pond, sifting through some floating moss as he did so.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Though Destiny was naturally disappointed that he seemed to not want to engage in conversation she still wanted to at least try and connect with him. Though before she had a chance to speak up she glanced above and saw what seemed to be a blue bird flying overhead which to Destiny had been among the more beautiful sights she had seen today. "Wow..."

Hearing a word of awe come from her mouth, Blake looked up to see a blue bird overhead. That was the first bird he had seen in months, so he made sure to look at it until it was out of sight. How the bird had survived in these conditions, he never knew. He simply continued to pick up trash.

Desmond took note of the answer the woman gave, more importantly he noted the smile as she seemed to have a fond memory when she recalled her old dog Snowball. Seemed the nostalgia over an old pet was shared between the two different as their lives and paths probably had been.

"I can tell this Snowball was quite special." Desmond said in response.

“Yeah, he was special to me. But he’s gone, just like most pets.” Tabitha said. “I was really sad when he died, but I’ve gotten over it. I’m sure he’s happy wherever he is.”

She did think fondly of the dog, but trusted that he was happier. She didn’t believe in God, so heaven wasn’t her first thought as to where dead people went, but she figured dead people went to happy places.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Indeed, Destiny herself had never seen a bird in the sky well not one of that beauty and as it flew ahead she glanced over to the boy and smiled his way. "I haven't seen something like that in years, have you seen any birds like that around here?" She asked, as she figured he had been at this area more actively than she had as she worked back to cleaning the docks while she asked him that lone question she had on her mind.

"That's the ideal way to look at it." Desmond said as he glanced and also noticed the bird in the sky which caught him momentarily off guard before he glanced the woman's way.

"So what is it you and your boy do beyond dock cleaning?" Desmond asked.

Blake shook his head to the girl.

“Birds don’t come around very often.” He said, refusing to look at the girl.

Tabitha thought for a moment.

“Sometimes we’ll have a picnic outside, if the sky is blue. Other times, we’ll go and pick up litter around town, plant some flowers or vegetables, whatever can help, really.” She explained.

Desmond listened to Tabitha's story as he had given a low nod as he thought it over, those kinds of things while he may not have given them the time of day in another circumstance now had been on his mind and seemed to have more meaning than one could have guessed.

"Seems you find fulfillment even in these times then..." Desmond mused, as he wondered what he had to keep himself going. Apart from stubborn day by day fuel for his water and well other liquids.

"I can respect that, though it seems your boy has a bit of a uh...struggle, with uh getting himself acquainted if you catch my drift." Desmond said, as he noticed the girl who tried to spark conversation with the boy though seemed to have issues. What they spoke about he had not the ability to hear but that was not the point as Desmond was curious about this.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Destiny nodded, she had gotten the same impression as the bird flew away over the horizon as she felt a shimmer along her eyes. It really had been too beautiful for words, not that it stopped her from trying to speak up after such a breathtaking display. "Yeah, it really is incredible isn't it? When was the last time you saw one?" Destiny asked with a small smile.

“A few months ago.” Blake said simply, not looking to Destiny.

Tabitha sighed.

“Yeah, Blake is not exactly comfortable around new people, especially girls. It’s one of the reasons why he doesn’t have any friends. He never gives anyone a chance.” She said, folding her arms.

Law would walk to the park with his hands in his pockets. "Yo, Shikamaru where you wanna go today?" The mouse would climb on top of Law's head. The mouse would poke his head at the park. "Hm, Alright." He'd walk passed a Teenage girl, a Woman, and a boy about his age.
He'd look at the boy's eyes and scowl. " He's one of them." Law would tell Shikamaru as he
Passed them.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Destiny felt she had some success with the guy, though he still seemed a bit too shy to speak to her for too long but she figured that if she gave up now she'd lose all her ground and why not push on?

But before she had chance, a new figure seemed to approach the dock. One who seemed to have a cute mouse on his head as he mumbled something that had made her tilt her head. "Uh, hello there?"

Law would look up at the girl. "Hello." He'd stop walking. "I just happened to Overhear you talking about a Blue Bird." He'd look up to see it. "That's Tina. She comes to my house to eat out of our bird feeder once In a while. I named her Tina when me and my Mom found her with an injured wing and didn't know what to call her." He'd tell Shikamaru who it was and he jumped up and down. "Her and my buddy Shikamaru here used to play together in the forest." He'd wave at the bird as it flew away. "It can finally fly away to see it's family.

"Well, this one seems persistent. Take it from me I was bad around people when I was his age to, still am to a degree....but I am sure he can work it out." Desmond said before he noticed another figure walk up to the dock which caused him to raise an eyebrow.

"Oh, seems we got another one." Desmond said to Tabitha as he observed the dock from the edge of the lake.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Destiny turned to the new guy on the dock who seemed to clarify that the bird she had seen came from him and naturally was a bit surprised before she stood up and gave a warm smile to him. "Oh hello there, I had no idea and...that is beautiful..." Destiny said as she glanced up at the sky. "You must be proud. I am sure you did well to raise it."

Tabitha looked at the third kid to come to the dock, puzzled by his fashion choice and his little friend.

Blake, however, continued to ignore the two kids near him, itching to get away from them as soon as he could.

Desmond eyed the kid curious as well as he seemed to have a chuckle at the awkward tension in the air. "Another social presence eh? I wonder if this will make your boy try to speak up at all." Desmond mused though it seemed her son was just as silent as usual which at this point seemed expected.

Tabitha sighed and shook her head.

“He doesn’t really like other kids. In elementary school he was bullied for not having a father. He was so worried about my wellbeing that he stepped up and tried to be a father figure for himself.” She frowned. “I miss who he once was.

"Being bullied for that reason, seems cold...but I respect the kid for being a man when his couldn't..." Desmond mused, as that comment struck him as he had also been seen as the father who was never around, though his story and reasons had been one he had no desire to share or get into as instantly he felt compelled to take a shot.