• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Wonderful Waters of Dextrio

Zion pivoted direction when he saw his brother. He met him in front of the Pokemon Center. "Alllister," he gulped, his words coming in big sobs now. "I was stupid - and I didn't want the pokeball - and I threw it and-" he gestured fervently at the maimed Eevee in his arms. Out of the corner of his eye, Zion saw people and pokemon walking into the town, which he now realized was called Myrefall Town. But they didn't matter right now. Right now, the only thing that mattered was that Zion had nearly killed an innocent pokemon. He went to walk into the Pokemon Center, but stumbled and fell, the Eevee falling from his arms. Zion groaned and rolled over. He fel his nose. Warm blood spurted from his nostrils, and he feebly tried to slow the bleeding with his hand. He scooped up the Eevee with his other hand, and fell again. He looked up at his brother for help, tears pricking in his eyes.

Mercury ordered a lava cookie, a couple of pastries and a soda pop. He then went to sit on a nearby bench and got out his Pokémon. He hands his Scyther and newly caught Growlithe each a pastry. "Dig in guys." he said with a smile. He looked over and gave Rayne a small wave before he started to eat his cookie.

Last edited:
"Let's just say... I'm just trying to get stronger, make new friends and prepare for 'something'" He said before he took another bite of his cookie. Scyther and Growlithe happily ate their pastries.

(Like buckshot said in his post in the discussion please change you 2nd to last post to 3rd person.) Rayne wondered what that ‘something’ meant but she didn’t say anything. “Ah, I see.” She looked at the ground “Well why don’t you come with me to the lab to see the professor?” She asked Mercury.

Mercury smiled at Rayne. "Sure, that sounds like a plan, it's not everyday I go to see the professor." He said as he ate the last of his cookie. He the got out his soda pop and took a small sip from it before he put it back in his pocket for later.
(Sorted and sry for the mistake)

Allister looked at the mutilated Pokemon in horror. “YOU DID WHAT!?! I REPEATEDLY WARNED YOU ABOUT“ Allister scolded, going on for about another minuet. “Well, the deed is done, and you did well to bring it here, although I’m afraid there’s not much we can do. We’ll take it to Nurse Joy and—“ erower!!; the familiar cry of Absol rang throughout the Pokemon Center, scaring the living daylights out of Allister. “You go to N. Joy; I have to thank that Absol.”

Last edited:
Mercury smiled and started to follow Rayne to the lab, on his way, he got out his poke balls and returned his Scyther and Growlithe to them. "So who is this professor?" He said as he got out his soda pop and took another sip before he put it back in his pocket.

Allister walked outside, wanting to thank and, possibly, befriend the Disaster Pokemon. As he approached, Absol retreated, fearful of the hate usually wrongly directed towards her, as if she were the Grim Reaper herself. She didn't make the disasters happen, she was warning people of them. Absol prepared to run away but noticed how the Trainer did not have a threating or anxious air about him, so she stayed put, on guard. "Hey, I wanted to thank you for warning me about the maimed Eevee. My brother and I appreciate what you do, and we feel bad about how we as mankind treat you as a species," Allister told the bewildered Absol. "Also...would you like to join me and my team?" The Absol immediately assumed a defensive stance, wanting to join him while at the same time proving herself."Ok then; let's battle. Go, Fraxure! Use Brick Break!" Absol narrowly dodged the swipe and countered with a Psyco Cut, landing a critical hit. Fraxure stumbled backward, clearly dazed but not down. Fraxure Danced around in a Draconic way, boosting his power; Absol then used Night Slash, once again landing a critical hit. The Axe Jaw Pokemon, getting desperate, launched a full-force Dragon Rush, rendering Absol helpless. Allister threw the Luxury Ball, as he did with all of his Pokemon. Click. Absol joined Allister's Team! He went back inside to heal up, only to be stopped by the frantic Nurse Joy, trying to save the defaced Eevee.

Last edited:
Name: Danielle Red
Occupation/species:Trainer
Team: Dratini, Eevee, Stantler, Feebas
Appearance: Light blonde long hair and a dark blue dress, her eyes are green with a bit of yellow mixed into it. she wears a blue hat and black leggings.
Personality: Very cheery and ecstatic 24/7
Dislikes: The triangle shape, the color grey, Team Star
Hope you don't mind me joining late?\\

Name: Danielle Red
Occupation/species:Trainer
Team: Dratini, Eevee, Stantler, Feebas
Appearance: Light blonde long hair and a dark blue dress, her eyes are green with a bit of yellow mixed into it. she wears a blue hat and black leggings.
Personality: Very cheery and ecstatic 24/7
Dislikes: The triangle shape, the color grey, Team Star
Hope you don't mind me joining late?\\
(Ooc: I don’t mind, half the characters haven’t even met yet. Just put content in that post and not just a bio.)
“His name’s professor Aspen and he studies Pokémon abilities. I help him out but he does most of the work.” She continued walking. “It’s that one there,” she said as she pointed at the in front of them at the lab.

Zion wiped away his tears and got up slowly. Scooping up the Eevee, Zion walked into the Center, not caring about the blood soaking his shirt. Nurse Joy rushed to his side immediately, and took the Eevee away. Zion moved to follow, but the Nurse shook her head. Zion moved to protest, but she shook her head again, firmly. Zion waited on the Pokemon Center pillow for what seemed like ages. Nurse Joy came out at last, tearstained. She beckoned for Zion to follow, and he got up.

He entered the operation room and rushed to the Eevee's side.

It was dead.

||When Danielle was about 15 years old, she was on a hike with her Brother. Danielle was VERY family orientated and usually didn't talk to anyone else. During the hike the shrubbery around the two shook viciously as an Ursaring emerged from the bush and began attacking, they tried to fight back but ultimately her Brother ended up dead. She mourned his death but to this day has moved on.||

"Okay..." Danielle said to herself looking determined while smiling, "Time to begin my journey at this region." The platnium haired girl said confident begining to walk down a trail to a nearby pokemon center, Dratini slithered along next to her happily awaiting to eat. Danielle waited at the front desk of the healing facility, "Hello?" Danielle said loudly after waiting for about 5 minuetes.

Rayne entrees the lab and looked around for the professor. “I’ll be right back.” She walked towards the back and no one was there. She walked upstairs and still no one. She ran down the stairs “No ones here!”

Mercury folded his arms and watched as Rayne looked for the professor but to no avail. "You think he might be out doing something?" He said curiously.

Mercury sighed with annoyance before he ran after Rayne in order to help her find Professor Aspen. "Nothing in life is ever easy now, is it?" He muttered rhetorically. "So do you know what Aspen usually does? It could help us pinpoint were he may be. Worse case scenario, he could be in trouble. Pray it not the latter." He said thoughtfully.

Last edited:
“Well he would be back at the lab if he wasn’t in trouble. Or he would be looking for me. Either one, not a good thing,” she said as she heard a loud roar. “That doesn’t sound like a good thing either.”

"We should check it out; someone might need help, come on." Mercury replied as he started to run toward where the noise came from. He got out is Poké ball in case the situation required the aid of his trusted partner.

(This post contains extreme violence.) Rayne followed mercury until they arrived. she was petrified at what she saw. There was a young boy that looked about nine. Laying there. Covered in blood. She looked around side to side and up and down. There it was. A Tyrantrum with a bloodstained face.

Mercury widened his eyes in shock, his hand shook at the sight before him. "My god... please don't be dead..." he said under his breath. He looked at the Tyrantrum before he turned to Rayne. "Take the kid and run..." he whispered.

"I'll buy you some time and lure it away from town, don't worry about me, I'll catch up with you!" Mercury said as he threw his Poké ball to get Scyther out. "Scyther, help me distract Tyrantrum." Scyther looked with a nod, awaiting his trainer's command. Mercury looked to Rayne. "When you make it to town, get the boy treated and see if you can get help in case things go South here. Now go!" He said as he started to run and put his hood up over his head, Scyther flew after him.

Rayne ran and grabbed the boy hardly able to look at him. She ran as fast as she could back to town and ran to the hospital. She talked to the receptionist who told her there was a wait. “Do you see the condition he is in?! He won’t survive that long if he even survives at all!” The receptionist was surprised by her outburst and she suprised herself but it is true what she said. The receptionist made a call and some doors open with two people and a stretcher. They took the boy and Rayne ran out the door. She ran back in the forest towards where she came out from.

Mercury ran toward Tyrantrum whilst Scyther flew at a safe distance. Before the Tyrantrum could attack, Mercury slid under him, as Tyrantrum's eyes followed Mercury, he didn't notice the Scyther until he was it with a quick attack. Although not very effective against the rock/dragon type, Tyrantrum still found it frustrating and let out another loud roar. Mercury and Scyther began to run the opposite direction from town whilst Tyrantrum aggressively chased them down, breaking everything that stood in his way. "That's it... keep following me away from town." He thought as he ran until he found a large cave. "That cave might help us, come on." Mercury said to Scyther as they made their way into the cave, while it was big enough for Mercury and Scyther, Tyrantrum and a little bit of trouble getting in and so he loudly roared into the cave.

Rayne sprinted full speed until she saw the tyrantrum looking into a cave she tried to stay as quiet as possible and assumed mercury was safe in the cave. The Tyrantrum must have either heard her somehow or smelled her because it turned around quickly and looked directly at the tree she was hiding behind. It slowly made its way towards the tree and Rayne’s heart was beating at a very unhealthy pace. Around 240 BPM and she could feel it hurting her chest. The tyrantrum broke down the tree with a head smash. Rayne felt as if she was already dead as a purple blast hit the tyrantrum. The tyrantrum didn’t seem too hurt by it but it distracted it enough for Rayne to escape. The tyrantrum was hit by the blast again and again and Rayne soon was able to identify the move as dragon rage.

Mercury cautiously looked out of the cave to see that Tyrantrum was now distracted by an unknown Pokémon's Dragon Rage. He and Scyther both quietly made their way past it and over to Rayne. Despite being curious as to what or who that Dragon Rage came from, he was more focused on making sure he and Rayne were alright. So he and Scyther began to quietly escape the Tyrantrum's presence and beckoned Rayne to follow.

Rayne started to follow Mercury and soon the tyrantrum collapsed. “I’m gonna go check it out,” She said. She ran back towards the fainted tyrantrum to go see the attacker. She saw a small figure standing in a tree. It was an axew. She laughed at the fact that an axew just beat a tyrantrum. She talked to the axew and threw a pokeball at it. It wiggled three times and made a soft ding sound. “That was surprisingly easy.”

Mercury raised an eyebrow. "Now there's something you don't see everyday: A young Pokémon successfully defeating that tower of a Pokémon. Also, how's the kid?" He asked as he returned Scyther to his poke ball.

“I don’t know. They tried to get me to wait for a room but I yelled at them and they got a stretcher and took him up. That’s the last I heard. Come on, we could just go see.”

Mercury nodded. "The sooner, the better, let's go." Mercury said as he began to make his way back to town. He put his hood back down knowing the danger had passed.

She followed Mercury until they got to the hospital. Rayne walked up to the front desk. “How is the kid I dropped of earlier?” She asked. “He is still undergoing examination. You may come back later if you like,” the receptionist replied. “Are you serious?! it has been like two hours!” She stormed out of the hospital hoping the kid was okay.

Mercury watched Rayne's reaction. He couldn't blame her as he too was worried about the kid, he decided to go and sit on a nearby bench, got out is poke ball and looked at it. "I really need to train more if I'm to help people and Pokémon in moments like this..." He thought.

Rayne’s newly caught axew popped out of its ball and tried to calm her down. It’s attempts were not working though and she stormed off into the forest and climbed a tree. Which was probably a mistake because a flock of spearow attacked her. She ordered her axew to use dragon rage which knocked one of them down but that wouldn’t help considering there were still 3 left. She jumped down the tree and ran back to town as fast as she could. The spearow soon gave up and she walked back to find Mercury. “I can’t believe I forgot about the professor!” She rushed to find Mercury as they forgot the entire purpose of everything that has happened so far.

Mercury noticed Rayne and waved her over to where he was. "You think maybe we should go see the professor while we wait for the kid to recover?" He asked as he put his hands in his pockets.