• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Wonderful Waters of Dextrio

IGN 7.8/10 “too much water”
———————————————————
This is a roleplay on my new region Dextrio. You can be a trainer, Pokemon, Casual person, even a Pirate if you want! My point is you can be anything (besides an alien from the planet vickso from universe 112 in the 3rd multiverse of the 2nd Metaverse of the 14th Xenoverse of the 6th Hyperverse of the 2nd Omniverse) In this Region there are dungeons and caves with puzzles an they have rewards at the end (I will be the dungeon master at first along with my character and later I will choose someone or a few people to do it also [appointed admins])
———————————————————
Rules:
1. Follow the Pokecharms rules of course
2. Don’t start off amazingly strong or fully evolved.
3. My point of that Universe thing is you can be anything within the Pokemon world (no legendaries/ Mythicals)
4. If you are a trainer do not forcefully catch another person if they dont want to be caught.
5. Romance allowed but keep it PG.
6. Fakemon allowed but must be approved by me or one of my appointed admins.
7. Follow the rules above and have fun.
———————————————————
Forms:
Name:
Occupation/species: (Pokemon of choice, trainer, evil team member, etc.)
Appearance:
Personality
———————————————————
Name: Rayne(pronounced rain)
Team: none (yet)
Appearance: long brown hair and brown eyes. Wears blue denim short shorts and a light blue shirt.
Personality: Tsundere. Don’t know what it means? Look it up.
Likes: flowers, Pokemon, and contests (the ones from anime).
Dislikes: Bugs, spiders, bug types, Heat.
———————————————————
About a month ago now Rayne’s entire known family was murdered in an attempt to stop team Star (this regions evil team) and was provided shelter by professor Aspen so she has been helping him the best she could in turn (by her own choice, prof. Aspen is just a nice man.) Tomorrow she would have to go in the wild and study Spinaraks behavior in battle while the prof. Battles. (Prof. Aspen studies abilities.)

Name: Zion Charlen Montgomery
Occupation/species: Trainer
Team: None yet.
Appearance: Zion is an averagely built fellow, with carefully mussed blonde hair. He has icy blue eyes and a rosy complexion and dimples on his cheeks. He usually wears some sort of sweatshirt hoodie. He also wears American made Columbia Hiking pants. He never wears sandals. Always tennis shoes.
Personality: Imaginative, clever, funny, sort of like a puppy dog.
Likes: The color blue, his Blastoise, Pokemon battles, other people.
Dislikes: Petulant people, people who won't cooperate, evil.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Zion Charlen Montgomery!"

The nasally voice of Senior Federer sliced into Zion's thoughts like a knife, twisting on its way out. Zion winced at the comparison. He had an incredibly vivid imagination. Federer looked at him for a second, before flitting his skittish eyes towards his keyboard. klack-klack-klack. A moment's pause. More klacking. Zion counted 34 seconds and was starting to drift again until the weaselly old man looked up again.

"Mister Montgomery! I expect you to pay attention when I speak to you. Do you understand?"
"Sir, If I understood I would've-"
"Now look here, young man. Don't you DARE get smart with me. Surely I've made it clear what happens."
Cowed, Zion bowed his head and nodded.
"I EXPECT AN ANSWER YOUNG MAN!"
"I did!" Zion insisted.
"A vocal one!" he said as he raised his hand.
Zion flinched and shied back. Though Senior Federer has never hit Zion, he certainly gave off the impression of someone who would. Zion didn't mind it as much today, though. He had bigger things to focus on. "Sorry, sir." he backed out of the room voraciously and leaped toward the front door, barely containing his excitement. Today, he was going to get a Pokemon!

Last edited:
Name: Number Nine
Occupation/species: shiny Zorua
Moveset: Feint attack, extrasensory, double team
Appearance: shiny zorua, small japanese number nine scared behind his right ear
Personality: easily spooked, quiet, timid
Dislikes: humans, loud noises, eye contact
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Three months ago...

Hisssss... Steam filled the room as the large chamber in the middle of the room opened. As the room began to clear, a handful of scientists holding pens and clipboards hovered over the opened chamber. A small, frail, freshly made shiny Zorua was created.

Today...

"NINE!" A loud heavy voice echoed throughout the hall as Nine hurried down the hall, sprinting between and around legs. "NINE!!!" The voice was louder and angrier just as the alarm suddenly went off. Red flashing lights engulfed the room, confusing the shiny Zorua.

He trusted his gut with each hallway he turned down, passing room after room of experimental labs, pokemon, and scientists. Nine could hear the stampede of Team Star soldiers behind him so he had to act fast. As he took a corner, he saw a door held propped open by a trash can.

Giving it his all, he hurried towards the door as the emergency doors began to come down. It took everything he had to head bash the door open as the emergency door narrowly missed him, sending him rolling many feet away. Nine stood up, stumbling and dazed with the shouting of men making him come to. The panicked pokemon darted into the woods and into a world he's never known.

Rayne grabbed her bag and notebook and headed out with the professor. She hated bugs. Always has, always will. But today she had to study spinarak’s behavior during battle. ‘At least I’m not getting close to it,’ she thought. She and the professor arrived at the forest fairly quickly and they set out some spinarak bait around them. Rayne was about finished when suddenly an ariados dropped down in the tree in front of her. She didn’t realize she wandered off until now and she squealed as loud as she could to see if anyone was near.

Name: Mercury
Team: Scyther, Growlithe, Trapinch (Later)
Appearance: White Buzzcut, Pale skin, Purple eye pupils. He wears a long black hooded trench coat that reaches his ankles (always closed), dark olive baggy pants, brown fingerless gloves and brown boots with straps. He mainly has his hood up.
Personality: Sarcastic, Blunt, 'Smartass', Carefree, Kind and generous to Pokémon, Kind to friendly people.
Likes: Pokémon, Peace and quiet, Playing his harmonica, His Scyther
Dislikes: His father, People who hurt Pokémon, Loud noises, Losing, Being told what to do
Backstory: Mercury was raised by his father who lead a group of Pokémon hunters, he hated having to hurt Pokémon just to get money. This caused him and his father to argue almost daily, his only friend was a Scyther his father gave him. One day while out on a hunt to catch a shiny growlithe, Mercury decided to interfere and helped the growlithe escape which angered his father and planned to punish him, only to be protected by his Scyther. A few days later, Mercury and Scyther decided to leave the hunters and start a new life, he knew his father would try to track him down, so he planned to train and prepare for when the time comes.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mercury wandered through the woods with his hood over his head, his Scyther calmly followed him as they both looked around for opportunities to train before they made it to town. Mercury sighed, he knew his past decision wasn't an easy one, but he couldn't bear to hurt any other Pokémon, he decided to get out his harmonica and played a calming tune. As he played, he was visited by a few local Pokémon like Pidgeys and Patrats. "How could anyone harm such creatures?" He thought as he played, the tune of his harmonica could be heard from a great distance.

Last edited:
Nine shivered in fright as he made his way through the woods, scared and alone. All around him he heard wings flapping, cries, and scampering of other pokemon. He hadn't known anything but inside the laboratory where each day he was experimented on. He was the ninth, and first shiny, of a Team Star project to create perfect IV pokemon to one day rule the region.

Traveling for hours, Nine came upon an old, abandoned, wooden cabin. Having no survival instincts, he found a corner and laid down where he forced himself to sleep.

No one answered her squeal so she ran and ran until she could hear a pretty calming tune. She followed her ears and soon found another person with a hood that was playing a harmonica. “Hello, why are you out here with only that-“ she felt her face go numb as she looked at the bug with huge claws for arms.

Mercury looked at the woman and stopped playing his harmonica to speak. "Me? I'm just looking to train Scyther here for a bit before I head to town and get something to eat. What about you, hm?" He asked as Scyther turned his head to look around before he looked back at the woman and gave her a small wave.

Nine slowly awoke from his nap still feeling sore and tired from his escape. As he slowly stood up he shook his blue and brownish gray fur free of dust and dirt. Leaving the cabin, he padded through a small trail eventually hearing a musical tune not far from him.

He was drawn to it, getting closer and closer. Soon he came to where the sound came from only see humans. His adrenaline began to rise as he quickly backed up, tripping over and breaking a small fallen branch.

Mercury turned his head toward the cracking sound to see a shiny Zorua, his eyes slightly widen in surprise but barely showed any other reaction. Of all the Pokémon he would meet, a shiny wasn't one of them. He turned to the Zorua's direction and crouched down "Hey." he said softly as he reached into his pocket and got out an Oran berry. He held the latter out to him, barely moving a muscle to show no hostility. His Scyther moved his hands down as he knew his master didn't want to scare this Pokémon.

“I was just-“ she got cut off by the sound of a branch breaking. “Woah, is that a shiny?”
She asked the boy because she has seen pictures of this Pokémon before and this one looked different.

Nine held still in fear and shock as the two people noticed him, one handing out food to him. The small pokemon has only ever eaten food fed to him by the scientists; never a berry.

His hunger took over his instincts to run as he slowly pawed the berry from the trainer's hand to the ground where he took a large hunger driven bite and began devouring the berry.

Mercury smiled warmly as the Zorua ate, he held his hand out in an attempt to pet him... but moved it away as he remembered the Pokémon's cautiousness. "It is a shiny." he said before he stood back up. "Now, you were saying?" He asked the woman as he focused on the shiny, but didn't plan to make a move on it.

Name: Allister William Montgomery (I have permission from BuckshotBlitz)
Occupation/species: Trainer
Gender/age: Male, 16
Team: Feebas, Absol, Fraxure
Appearance: Lithe, Medium-length jet-black wavy hair, Burgandy eyes, medium-light tan, 5'10'', 157 lbs., usually wears dark-stain denim jeans, grey tennis shoes, a navy-blue v-neck, and a storm-grey windbreaker
Personality: Hot-headed, disrespectful to new ones, thinks outside the box, the rulebreaker, intuitive, somewhat unsocial, absent-minded
Dislikes: Sand, the heat, over ambitious people
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today was the day his younger brother would further uphold the family honor as a trainer. Today was the day Allister would give Zion the old Town Map from three generations ago. Today was the day that the wonderful waters of Dextrio would get a new promising trainer.
As Allister made his way to the Apparel Store for a gift of new tennis shoes (nicer ones), he saw some suspicious-looking fellows frantically searching the streets as if their life depended on it, what, or whoever, they were looking for.

Last edited:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I've received a number of report about people randomly time-skipping without asking everyone else. That's a bit of a no-no. You're not the only people in the thread and skipping over people like this is practically autoing.

Don't do that.

I've received a number of report about people randomly time-skipping without asking everyone else. That's a bit of a no-no. You're not the only people in the thread and skipping over people like this is practically autoing.

Don't do that.
I apologize but when they were time skipping I was pretty sure they meant to the present from out of their backstory not to ahead of time. Again I apologize if I am incorrect.
————————————————————
Rayne started resuming to what she was saying. “Well I was helping out the professor when suddenly an ariados appeared right in front of me. I ran deeper into here because I prefer not to be close to any kind of bug.” She looked at Scyther. “Unless they are domestic like yours.”

Mercury smiled, "Ah, so you have a phobia when it comes to bug Pokémon? And my Scyther here wouldn't hurt anyone... who doesn't have it coming..." he said, his smile turned to a vexed frown as he spoke. His Scyther gave Rayne a thoughtful look before he turned back to keep an eye on Zorua.

Nine froze and slowly inched away as the boy tried to pet him. He finished the berry very quickly feeling refreshed and full of energy. The scyther caught Nine's eye, never seeing one before. He eyed down the pokemon's long sharp arms sending a shiver down his spine, rambling his mind again if he can trust them or not.

“That would be correct.” Rayne walked towards a tree slowly and looked up to make sure there were not any bugs. There were none so she climbed it as high as she could and looked for her town. “I still can’t see it,” she mumbled to herself.

Mercury looked up at Rayne as she climbed. "You looking for the town as well, miss...?" He paused as he didn't know her name. Meanwhile, his Scyther took a step back from Zorua and lowered his sword like arms to show he meant no hostility. Mercury looked around in his pocket and started to feel annoyed at only having Scyther as his Pokémon... not that he didn't like him... but at the same time, he was pleased at how open his options were when planning to make his team. After a few moments, he heard some rustling in a nearby bush, when he turned to look at it, a wild Growlithe jumped out and looked like it wanted to battle. "Well well, seems like the training came to me, ready Scyther?" He asked.
Scyther gave Mercury a confident nod and assumed a battle stance at the Growlithe, both Pokémon ready to battle.

When she was steeping down to another branch on the tree a wild Zubat flew down and scared her. She fell down the tree and instinctively threw a pokeball at it. She hit the ground on her back and the pokeball fell on her. “Yeah, I was looking for the town,” she said with clear pain in her voice. “Also you don’t need to call me miss. I’m only 13. My name is Rayne. Wait, did I just get my first Pokémon?” She looked over and saw the other trainer battling with a growlithe.

Mercury smiled and looked back briefly "Nice to meet you Rayne, the name's Mercury." He looked back at Scyther and the Growlithe, both Pokémon ready to battle.
"Use quick attack!" Mercury commanded, Scyther unleashed a lightning quick attack... hence the name... and hit the Growlithe dead in it's tracks.
The latter responded with Ember "Dodge it!" He shouted, but despite his speed, Scyther narrowly got hit by the Ember.
Mercury smiled "I like him..." he said as he got out a Poke ball and lobbed it at Growlithe, the Poke ball shook three times and rang to confirm the capture... although why the Growlithe showed no resistance was beyond everyone.
"Nice." Said Mercury as he looked back and offered his hand to help Rayne up. "I think you might have, just as I did." he said with a warm smile.

Everything had happened at once. The Scyther's arms, the girl falling and crashing crashing to the ground, the Growlithe appearing, the fight, and what scared him the most, the capture. The Zorua's anxiety skyrocketed as he feared for his life. In the heat of the moment with this blood pumping, fear escalating, and sense of time running out, his body and instincts lost all rational thinking.

His body began to glow a bright pink, making a light humming sound. Extrasensory. As the humming got louder, he was lifted merely a foot or two off the ground. He clenched his teeth and closed his eyes tightly before a large force unleashed from his body, pushing out outward, sending the small pokemon flying back.

OOC: My tiny tiny timeskip is supposed to take place while everyone else is in the forest doing their thing.

BIC: "Squirtle, use Water Gun!"

An hour or so had passed since Zion had gotten his pokemon. He knew that he was going to get a Squirtle, so the event turned out to be a little anticlimactic. Regardless, Zion had traveled over to the nearby training field to get in a little bit of training. The Squirtle that Zion chose was a tough one. It was big and burly with a stout, hard shell. It was perfect. After pelting the dummy for what had to be the millionth time, Zion called his Squirtle over. "I think you need a name, buddy. How about Gunnar?" The squirtle made a weird chirping sound. "I'll take that as a yes, then!" He pulled it's pokeball out of his pocket, scrutinized it, and chucked it into the nearby bushes. "Won't be needing that," he thought.

Suddenly, Zion heard three clicking sounds and a familiar ring. "Oh, crap," he thought. He forgot to void the pokeball.

Zion rushed over to the bushes, where he saw the same pokeball. He cautiously through it at the ground. An Eevee popped out. But, wait. "Oh, no. Please, no."

When a Pokemon was caught with a preoccupied pokeball, it gets caught in a place where it doesn't belong, so the pokeball's systems fight back. Oftentimes, the pokemon comes out maimed. Most people call the condition Void sickness. The Eevee laying in front of Zion was a bloody mess. It was missing half of its left ear, and most of it's tail. It also had several deep gashes down it's torso. Zion hurriedly scooped it up and ran for the Pokemon center, Gunnar following.

"I know that the apparel shop is by the Pokemon Center," he thought. "Maybe Allister can help me."

"Huh, I wonder if he has these...," Allister thought. As he browsed for more shoes, the trainer heard an erower!!, the cry of an Absol, the Disaster Pokemon. Allister cautiously approached it, when all of a sudden he caught a glimpse of his bro making haste around the corner, trailing blood. "Oh, crap...thats the direction of the Pokemon center." Allister dropped the shoes he was inspecting and sped towards the Pokemon Center.

“Nice catch.” Rayne told Mercury. She was confused on one: whay the zubat attacked her, two: why she caught it without hesitation, and three: why the zubat allowed itself to be caught. She decided to send out the zubat and the zubat came out of the pokeball and just flew there looking at her. “Hey zubat could you look for a small town with one big building and about 10 small ones?” She asked the zubat and it flew looking for what he was ordered to.

"Thanks." Mercury replied as he looked at the poke ball containing his new Pokémon, he turned back to Zorua and widened his eyes in surprise at the move it just used. "Holy crap!" he cried as the Zorua was tossed away by it's own move. He rushed over to help it, completely forgetting it's cautiousness and focused on trying to help it. "Hey, are you okay lil' guy?" he said as he moved his and to it once more in an attempt to pet it.

Nine laid dazed and confused after the panic induced attack. As he came to, he saw the trainer boy close to him again reaching out. Again, he panicked using double team and the circle of clones all ran off into the forest, including Nine.

Mercury flinched as the Zorua used double team and ran off. He looked in the direction he ran with a concerned look. "Poor thing... I hope he stays safe, these woods aren't always promising..." He turned to Rayne "Find any directions to town thanks to your new friend yet?"

Forms:
Name:
Leo
Occupation/species: Luxio
Moveset: Bite, Tackle, and Discharge
Appearance: (Old drawing below) Leo takes on the typical appearance of a Luxio. Silky blue and dark grey fur and amber optics. His structure is lean and flexible and his ears are usually perked.
Personality: Leo holds a bubbly and bold nature. Eager to explore the lush terrain surrounding him, he often prances about taking the chance to observe anything even slightly enticing. The Luxio can be quite Naive and Gullible.
Likes: Pastries such as Poffins, gaining strength, Exploring and gathering found Items.
Dislikes: Winter, Loud noises, Sitrus berries.

Attachments

• Luxio.png
    Luxio.png
    130.4 KB · Views: 32
Rayne watched as the many Zoruas ran into the forest. “Not yet.” Of course, as soon as she said that the zubat large zubat hovered to her shoulder. “You are looking for the village too, right?”

Mercury nodded at Rayne "Yeah, kinda why I asked. Scyther, think you can give one more look?" The Scyther nodded and flew up to the same height as Zubat. As he looked around, he spotted something a few buildings within the East and pointed in said direction. "I think he found something, let's go." Mercury said to Rayne before he got out his poke ball and returned Scyther to it. "You deserve a little rest Scyther, thank you." He said to Scyther in the poke ball before he put it in his pocket.

Leo bounded across the terrain of the forest bountifully. With each prance he lept, leaves scattered and rustled beneath him. The Luxio's tongue lolled out the side of his maw as he began to pant and his frame became sore. Although a growing weariness crept through him, he didn't halt himself as his adrenaline was fueled by the breeze that whisked through his silky fur.

The young Pokemon was eager to head to the town where humans had gathered to hopefully be able to sneak away a few of their appetizing pastries. They had blatantly set out the foods on stands and even shouted for attention to be drawn towards them so Leo couldn't quite understand why the would be hostile to him for eating such foods. He brushed the thought away and continued his pelt, hoping the experience would be less troublesome as others.

Mercury smiled as they found the village. "Alright, unless you want me to come with you, this is where we part for now, I'm gonna go get something to eat." he turned to the food stands and noticed the Luxio nearby, he looked at it curiously; he knew the Pokémon was after food, but he was curious as to how and if he would pull it off.

Mercury smiled as he put his hood down and revealed his face, for a man who spent a lot of time outdoors, his appearance looked otherwise. "Alright then, let's see what pastries they have." He looked into his pocket and checked his wallet, he nodded as he knew he had plenty of money. "Also, you think we should get one for our assumingly hungry friend over there?" he said as he lightly pointed to the Luxio.

(Ooc: I forgot to put age in the forms. You can edit your form or just post it in your next post. Rayne is 13.) “Yeah I think we should.” She realized this was the first time she actually saw his face “I can pay for it though, no need for you to waste your money.”

(OOC: Done)
BIC: "You sure? I mean I know there's other stuff I might wanna buy, but just trying to be nice. But if you wanna pay, fine; saves us from accidentally getting into an argument over polite reasons." He said as he closed his eyes and rubbed the back of his head.