• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Whispers of Pokemon Tower

A group of trainers wake up in a misty, lavender colored town. A strong headache is among all of them, and it appears that all of their Pokemon - except the first that they had found ever - were gone, contained in one oddly purple colored poke ball that laid on their belt. They were all dressed in a standard trainer outfit, the girls with the female version, and the boys with the male. However, none of them have many memories left - Only their names, that of their Pokemon, and hazy memories of a region called Kanto.

Note: This will be an adventure RP with some elements of horror mixed in. If you're very easily spooked, I'd advise joining something a bit more light hearted. (Don't worry, though, it's not very scary at all.)

Discussion:
the-whispers-of-pokemon-tower.19803

Note: This RP is now private, but if you really want to join, send me a message.

THE RULES
[1] Follow all Pokecharms rules.
[2] Romance is allowed, but seriously, it must actually develop. All of these characters are in a strange world, with strange people, and the first thing on their mind wouldn't be to get a romantic partner.
[3] General age range of characters should be 15-17.
[4] REACT APPROPRIATELY. You are in an unknown area, you don't know anything. Act frantic, act scared, however you think your OC would react in such a situation. But definitely not indifference.
[5] No fakemon.
[6] If you are to use shinies, then give a good reason. This is your first Pokemon, the chance of it being a shiny is incredibly low.
[7] Preferably use a basic Pokemon.
[8] If you can, PLEASE make your post at least three lines.

My Bio:
Name: Harrison Berger
Appearance: A height of 5'7", and a weight of 133 pounds. He's decently muscular, with short, well kept blonde hair that stretches only about halfway down his ears. His eyes are a darker shade of green, with the standard male trainer outfit, like all of the others.
Personality: He is largely inquisitive, and not very good at keeping to himself. He speaks his mind, and very opinionated as well. He can be overly rash, sometimes not thinking through his actions before making them - passion and his own personal views occasionally also clouding his better judgement.
Pokemon: Aipom (Tyler)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harrison Berger laid on the ground in the center of wherever this place was, the smell of earth overwhelming his senses. It had just rained, or it had seemed like it did. Oh my Arceus, my head... where in the hell am I? He looked around, feeling his nerves and muscles start to tense - he wasn't anywhere near home, was he? Home. Where was home? Do I have a home? Why can't I remember?!? He exhaled and inhaled rapidly. "I'm Harrison Berger... Harrison... Harry..." He said, in attempt to reassure him with his remaining memories, to not much avail, though.

Harry began panicking, looking around at the misty town. Wait, a town - the houses were averagely built, with Lavender roofs. Knowledge began seeping back into his brain, though all he could vision was several blurry images of a small town, with four houses lined up in clean rows. That place felt safe, however here, he felt ominous and alone.

He opened his mouth to yell, but nothing came out - just coughing. He had a dry throat, but he felt no thirst. He had to find something, or someone that could help him. The visibly shaken teenager stood, walking around for a few moments, before finding the power to speak: "Hello? Is anybody here? Please, I don't know where I am!" Above, a large, old stone tower loomed over the area - souls of restless creatures seeming to reach out of it's dirtied old windows.

Last edited:
Hazes of memories floated in her head, too faint to make out- she tried to reach for them, but it seemed that everytime she got close to catching one, it floated just out of reach, torturing her with the emptiness of her head.

Arceus, it hurts.

That was her first thought as she broke into consciousness, her chest heaving with her heart beating so fast and heavy that she could feel the beats resonate through her entire body. The source of pain was one she couldn't quite place, al the moment- and her dizziness was positively indescribable. The girl felt as if she would not be able to move for the rest of her life.

The pain of waking soon dissipated to a dull ache in her head, and with reluctance she sat up. Haze covered wherever she was, making it near impossible to be able to see anything. "A-Agh..." she exclaimed, breathing the sound as she placed her cold hand to her forehead.

What was there to know? Everything was dark and grim, and looming overhead was a stone tower that hurt her neck to crane and gawk at. The girl pursed her lips and closed her eyes tight, trying to get a grip on something, anything...

And then, her name came to her, but when she opened her mouth to speak it, she heard the faint noise of someone else saying their name- Harrison Berger... Harrison... Harry.

There was someone else here.

Echoing the boy's words, the ginger girl who sat still on the ground spoke her own name, the words clear and crisp despite how parched her throat felt. "S-Saiorse Byrne. Saiorse."

Saiorse still could not see the owner of the other voice as she got to her feet, unsteady in her own body. "I'm, I'm dead, aren't I!?" she suddenly exclaimed, distraught by her 'realisation'. And as she finished, the other voice spoke again, calling for help. Fear etched in her tone, Saiorse cried, "Wh-who are you?? P-Please don't... hurt me!!"

Harrison, significantly startled, followed the voice - eventually noticing the feminine figure. He jumped, yelling out in terrified instinct. "Who the fuck are you? Where are we?" He panted, before slowing down, taking a long gaze around his hazed surroundings. "I'm not going to hurt you. Where are we? Is this some kind of purgatory? No, I must be dreaming, this has to be a dream..."

The shaken teenager raised a hand, slapping himself across the face - a sharp and instant pain. Nope, definitely not a dream.

"Okay... we're both new here, alright? So let's just calm down, and work through this together. You said your name was Saiorse, right? I'm Harrison. Do you have any idea where we are? This area seems somewhat familiar - it's just I can't, well, remember anything except for a lining of houses surrounded by hills, but, I digress. If we decide to move on, I suggest we try to find other people." He stopped, looking around in paranoia - waiting for an answer to his previous questions.

"I thought the same thing, but..." she trailed off, casting her blue gaze on the ground. This couldn't be real- she must be dead or some kind of spirit, yet... there was no kind of incident she could think of that might have killed her, in fact there was nothing she could think of at all. She took a deep inhalation, closing her eyes, her breath still shaky and staggered. Every word she spoke raked her throat like the claws of a beast, and her head still buzzed with a dull and dizzying pain. The other began to speak again, and she nodded along with his questions, answering them accordingly. "U-Um... yeah. I'm Saiorse. And I have no idea where this is- sorry... I can't seem to- uhh, get to grips with anything except my name, so... you're a bit, uhh... ahead of me on the, the memory... thing." she murmured, frowning more every time she jumbled up her words. Resting her face on a balled fist in a gesture of thinking, she stood silent for a moment or two, before nodding. "Yeah, but... where do we move on to? This place is... emptier than my head. Though I suppose... I, um, I heard you before I saw you... perhaps that's gonna be the case for, um, everyone."

As he danced on the fence of consciousness and unconsciousness, his chapped lips gently parted having been slackened by sleep, Hobbs dreamed he had been stabbed through his brain with an icepick. His head was pounding, as though there were some ravenous animal trapped inside his skull attempting to escape, and yet the pain was vaguely familiar; however, he could no longer reason why. Gradually, as an unascertained time passed by him, his eyes flickered open and he was met with the sight of a fog thicker than that which clouded his mind. A dull panic struck his heart and he hastily touched his fingers to his temple, searching the area for signs of head trauma with his fingertips. Having found none, he squinted at the great expanse of ambiguous gloom before him, making out the shapes of what may have been houses through the mist. With a grunt of effort, Hobbs pushed himself to his feet and stumbled forward, a falter in his step (whether it had always been there, or if this development was recent, he did not know). It took him several attempts for his mouth to form the right words.
"Hel-lo?" he croaked, his voice, barely above a whisper, hoarse from neglect. He clear his throat and tried again. "Hel-lo?"

Harrison looked around, hearing the faint noise. That was definitely another person, it sounded like a greeting - but Saiorse being here raised an even more confusing question: how many people were here? And at that, why? Are they even real people, or just spirits deceiving me into thinking that they are tangible beings? A solemn, concerned grimace came onto his face. It wasn't hot, in fact, it was quite cool - but a steady sweat was sliding down his face in the fit of stress that seemed to consume all five of his senses.

Turning back to the girl, he cleared his throat, suddenly adopting a firm, authoritative tone. "We're going to find whoever that is, and then we're gonna get the hell out of here. I don't know where we are, and I barely even know who I am, but I don't think this area is real. Not physically real, atleast. It could be some kind of afterlife, though I doubt so, as I don't remember any kind of death. Anyways, lets, uh, go..."

The old attitude of dilemma came rushing back to his face, as he set out towards the voice - eventually noticing a human shape limping, once again giving Harrison quite a start, as he flinched back violently.

Last edited:

Cyber_Poipole

Previously Cyberspace_warrik
Kai awoke, looking up at the tower. "Wha...What the..." kai looked aimlessly left and right with no response. He shrugged and decided to go inside, holding riolus pokeball behind his back in case of emergency. He goes into the gates and climbs the stairs, just to get blown back, a voice, speaking to him.
"Your arree.....not enough" the ominous voice said.
Kai stood up, cowering backword as he dashed out of the place, running through the lands of grass, and not looking back until he bums into a tree, falling to the ground.

Hobbs raised his chin at the humanoid figure that had taken shape through the murk, his heart thumping against his ribs like the beating of a hummingbird's wings. There was a murmur of voices carried on the vapours, completely unintelligible upon his disorientated ears. He slicked the wild curls hanging loosely in front of his eyes back over his scalp and lumbered forward, his eyes narrowing as a second, formless figure appeared past the mist. He swallowed dryly and pushed on through the obscurity of the fog. He found that his left leg, although supportive of his weight, was leaden as though weighed down by some invisible weight, significantly reducing his mobility. He figured he would have to use the momentum of his entire body in order to even just walk at an acceptable pace.
He pushed past the fog and joined the small group he'd been ambling towards for the course of his internal monologue, his chest rising and falling with deep breaths of the cool, cemetery air, strained from the physical effort that the journey had cost him. Cold sweat plastered his curls to his temples and forehead, which he displaced with his fingers, not quite making eye contact with his new compatriots, his heart continuing to jackhammer against his ribcage.
"I am gluh-gluh-glad to know that I am not alone here, at least," he said in greeting, his eyes flickering between them and then back to himself anxiously as he fussed with the zipper of his standard-issued male trainer jacket in order to keep his hands occupied. It took a moment for him to articulate his words before he spoke them out loud. "My name is Aluh-Aluh-Aluh-Aleki, but everyone calls me Hobbs because... Because..." His expression changed into one of confusion, his brow furrowed as though in deep thought. Suddenly, he brightened. "Oh! Everyone calls me Hobbs because I hobble." He flashed them a timid grin, proud to have recollected the meaning of his nickname, although unsure of anything else about himself other than this one, small piece of information.

The world seemed to be on its side; the houses, the trees, even the long blades of grass seemed to be growing from right to left. …wait, that couldn’t be right. Eyes opening, Lily found herself on the ground, on her side, and she didn’t remember how she'd gotten there. With slow, dream-like motions she righted herself into a sitting position and looked around. Everything still looked strange, fuzzy. She rubbed her eyes and blinked, trying to clear the blurry haze that covered the world. But try as she might, it remained. The buildings, the earth, the sky; it all seemed to be washed with a watery mist that obscured objects the outline of objects only feet away.

A dream then, it had to be. Even as Lily rationalized this, she felt unease creep in at the realization that she was alone. There was no one in sight as far as she could see. Only silence and the little whispering noises that broke it. He eyes darted at the brush of wind that hissed through the leaves. She flinched at the creak of the eaves on that house. Was someone standing there? Or something? The more she listened, the more she thought she heard. She covered her ears and squeezed her eyes shut, but the noises continued, they grew.The silence was so loud! She had to get out of here, she had to get home! Lily stumbled to her feet, her heart beginning to pound and ready to run.

But…where was home? She froze at the sudden horrifying realization; she couldn’t remember. She touched her head, hugged her shoulders, and searched her brain as much as she could. She couldn’t remember, couldn’t remember anything! Lily ran. Without knowing where or why, her steps were driven by fear. With every step, she imagined the shadows were reaching out for her, every whisper just one step behind. Tears blinded her even more than this dream-like world and she didn’t even break stride before running headlong into something.

Last edited:
Harrison gulped, looking over the figure of the boy. He was certainly older than him, atleast. How old was he again? 15 year olds? 16 years old? That was the least of his worries, however, he had to admit. "Alright, so, the plan so far is to find out where we are. From what Saiorse here has said, we all got knocked out, brainwashed, and taken here - or, atleast, that's what it seems, the same case for everyone. No clue how many there are, but we need all the help we can get." As always, Harry was taking control of the situation - one of his more prominent qualities in these situations.

It started as a flicker of light. Just a small blink emanating from the top of the unnerving, dank old tower - before turning into a bright flare, not illuminating the ominous landscape, but absolutely blinding it.

Harrison opened his mouth to scream, but nothing came out - maybe he wasn't able to, or maybe he just didn't hear himself over the ear splitting noise that had suddenly filled the dilapidated town. This must be death. He thought frantically. Then, suddenly, memories came rushing to his brain - in an overwhelming dash of information. But, as quick as it came, it went, fading into the back of the pale boy's cranium.

He knew that he had just felt something, he remembered something - but it was gone now. Wait, no, a color is returning - are they somewhere different? Where was everybody else? No, he was standing, and everybody was there. They hadn't moved an inch, but something was different...

An oddly artificial, but human voice rang out across the landscape. "Stage one complete. Lifting fog . . ." A few mechanical beeps were heard, before the haze that was so intensely entrenching the area lifted - revealing the entire scope. It was odd, to have such a surge of visual information, but at the same time Harrison felt enthralled to be liberated from the grasp of this heavy, white mist. In sight laid a sign, a sign saying: Welcome to Lavender Town, Sinnoh.

Sinnoh?!?

Saiorse was clearly not one for extensive conversation, because she stayed relatively hidden behind Harrison as they approached Hobbs, only offering so much as a half-hearted smile when her name was mentioned by the former. She clasped her hands together, resting her chin on her knuckles yet again, and swallowing violently, as if she were trying to stop herself from retching. Her blue gaze cast itself upon the ground- she couldn't even look at her surroundings, it was too utterly painful having to strain her eyes to make out even the tiniest figure. The red-haired teenager cleared her throat, trying to bring herself to say something- but then a voice rang out, cleaving what she would have said out of its path, and she staggered back in shock, instictively slamming her palms to cover her ears.

STAGE ONE COMPLETE. LIFTING FOG...

And then it was gone.

Saiorse took a deep inhalation, finally able to see clearly, the suddenness of it all making the dull ache in her head grow stronger. What was going on? Where in...

Her eyes then befell the sign, cutting off all external thoughts she might have had, as she focused on what this was, what it meant. The awe struck her silent, the name Lavender Town burning her lips as she even threatened to say it. Lavender Town, Sinnoh. Sinnoh... a name of something, she was sure. But what? There were so many names flying around her head at such a high velocity that she needn't bother even trying to focus on one. Unov-Oenn-Joh-Los-La... fragments of words or names or places or people. Two of these strange words stayed for long enough for Saiorse to have a grasp on one- Kanto, and Snooch.

"W-where are we!?" Saiorse cried, her voice tainted with the agony of what was still unknown to them all. She wobbled on her feet, her breaths becoming more rapid and laboured, and everything faded in and out and in and out and in and out-

"I can't..." she murmured, much quieter than before, her voice trailing off before she could finish her sentence.

Names, places, people. Kanto, Snooch. What did it mean?

What did it mean? What in the world did it all mean?

WHAT DID IT-

The confusion and overload of her thoughts screamed in her mind as Saiorse hyperventilated to the point where her body couldn't take it any more, and she fell to the ground.

Harrison breathed extremely heavily, being overwhelmed by his thoughts, the information, the voice - why him? He saw Saiorse crumple to the floor, gasping in surprise. He kneeled down next to her, grabbing her arm and shaking her, just in an attempt to not be alone. He saw all the houses - he saw everything. The fog was better... he thought, blissful ignorance...

Frantically glancing around the town, he looked to the edge, if you could say there was an edge. All that could be seen was a void. It was flashing with color, but also had no color at all. It existed, but it wasn't tangible...

More memories floated around the boys scattered mind, a woman calling him Harry, and then a pain - he remembered a pain he'd never felt before, he remembered the tears streaming down his young face, and he sobbed. It wasn't fair, why him? Why did he have to end up here, his memories demented and disfigured?

Gray figures, with one red eye and white, enormous hands trotted around the so called 'edge', Harrison remembered that they had a name. Dusclooaps, Duscloo, Dusclops. Whatever they were, they guarded the boundaries of this world, and the terrifying realization struck the terrified young man - There's no where to go. He remembered the voice that sounded, how it had seemingly originated from the tower, and if so there had to be some kind of power at the top.

He had nothing to lose, not anything he could recall, at least.

The fall had been quite a violent one, but as she awoke there were no external pains, other than the aformentioned throbbing pain in her skull. Her fists were balled and it was painful to unclench them, and she exhaled raspily, such a breath becoming a cough as she finally opened her eyes. Everything was the same, which was disheartening to her- she had perhaps hoped, as she stirred, that everything would be back to the way it was- whatever 'the way it was' might be. "I'm... sorry. I don't know, um... what just happened..." she apologised, as she felt Harrison shaking her. She sat up carefully, instinctively putting her palm to her head; though before she could do so, she looked down, seeing bleeding nail-marks on her palms- they stung slightly, but perhaps not as much as they should have. "Oh..." she muttered, pursing her lips and rubbing her palms together, smearing the crimson. She sighed, gulping, still sat as she looked around more, trying desperately not to look at the sign again.

Not caring about the blood on her hands, she buried her face in them, her shoulders shuddering with grief, or shock, or sadness- or whatever the emotion she felt now was. What was she grieving for? What did she have that could have been so important that she missed it so, yet she couldn't remember it?

She could not bear to look any more, because deep pain struck her every time she laid eyes on something she did not know about. "I'm sorry..." she sobbed, not sure what she was apologising for. "This is... horrible... I want to... to go..." Saiorse trailed off yet again, not sure where exactly she wanted to go. She didn't even know who she was talking to- she was just idly talking, as some form of reassurance, for her, for anybody.

Lily sat in the same place she'd fallen, rubbing her sore shoulder where it had impacted...what? What had she hit? As she looked up at the stationary obstacle still obstructed by mist, a sudden chilling voice exploded overhead. So loud and so close were those thunderous words that she cowered, instinctively clasping her hands over her ears. Still the words rung painfully clear through her skull. Stage One... what did that mean?

As the last of the words faded back into an eerie silence, so too did the dense blanket of fog and mist. The world came into the clear focus that it should have been all along. Lily sat at the end of a path through town and she had crashed into... It was a thick pillar of stacked stone and it's single engraved plate announced the name of the shadowy building that lay beyond.

The Pokemon Tower

Lily slowly found her feet, unable to tear her eyes away from those etched words. The terror that had seized her so thoroughly in the mist was gone now, but there still seemed an unnatural calm about the little town she found herself in. And it seemed to radiate from that looming tower just ahead. She was sure that booming voice had come from in front of her. Did that mean it came from the tower?

Harrison stood up, taking Saiorse by the hand and assisting her step. He squinted his eyes towards the tower, noticing the other female. An odd urge, that compelled him to walk towards the somewhat hypnotic tower. Pulling the other girl along, he made his way over to that entrancing stone structure, before stopping at the entrance.

Harrison glanced over to Lily, before to the sign, and then to the doorway. He stepped inside carefully, as his pulse quickened - a light mist was present in the tower, it wasn't like the fog that had covered the town - no, it was just a light white tint that stretched across the rooms. Small, carved pieces of stones were lined in rows, almost like graves, Harry thought. A chill crawled down his spine, however no flinch followed the sudden sensation, feeling his grip slowly slip from Saiorse's.

(Sorry for the short post, I'm just really exhausted from getting back into school and stuff. I may not be posting for a while.)