• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The WFC multiplayer settings...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
How come the game won't let me set 6 on 6 singles battles or choose what level I want to battle at with my Pokemon? =/

Am I missing something here? A button I'm supposed to press to edit the rules? Help is appreciated.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
If this is for random battles, I believe you can only do those in 3vs3 or 4vs4 set ups at level 50 all. The same as the Battle Tower Subway, basically.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Nick Fury said:
If this is for random battles, I believe you can only do those in 3vs3 or 4vs4 set ups at level 50 all. The same as the Battle Tower Subway, basically.

Not talking about random battles. I'm referring to standard, friend code WFC battling.

From what I've read on Smogon now... Apparently level 100 All is gone, and level 50 all doesn't level up your Pokemon - just levels 'em down.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Well, I don't see why it'd be that different to the local battles, then. Local battles have the full range of battle options (single, double, triple and rotational) and defaults to full teams and level 50 all (which does increase your level as well as decrease it).

I haven't been able to use the WiFi version yet, 'cos I'll have to wait until I get the 3DS, but I really can't imagine they'd have finally fixed the local battling only to pass on the old problems of it to the online set up.

The manual seems to indicate that the options are the same for WFC as they are for local (single, double, triple and rotational), plus an extra option on whether or not to use the Wonder Launcher (which you don't seem to get a choice over for local). I guess you can't select whether to be level 50 or level 100, but I very much doubt they don't up-level you to 50 for online as they do it for both local and battle subway battles.