• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
War rages across the country as the temple Todai-Ji is trying to keep the peace that the Daagawa clan is trying to destroy.

The war cause heavy casualties for both sides forcing them to desperately search for new recruits.

Monks, sorcerers or a class of foreign origin are all welcome.

The Daagawa clan invites you to join their forces:
Godday traveller! The leader of Daagawa clan invites you to join their forces. You will of course be compensated for your services and should you perish in battle, we will make sure your body get back to your family safely. Should you accept, you may find us in the Valley Of The Fox at 09:00 monday. We wish to see you there.

Sincerely, the Daagawa clan.

The temple of Todai-ji hereby cordially invites you to join our forces.
Greeting. You are hereby invite to join our forces against the Daagawa clan. They have killed enough innocents as it is, and we must now put a stop to this madness. You will be compensated for your service to the Todai-ji temple and if you were to perish in battle your body will get back to your family saftley and your familly will be compensated for your bravery and loyalty to the temple if you perish.
If you wish to join our forces you can find us on the wolf training ground outside the Todai-ji temple.

We wish you well, the Todai-ji temple.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello. This is a medieval type of RP which will have a dash of magic (and magical creatures). It takes place in Japan but you're welcome to join as a knight or paladin if you want. You can be a mercenary but we would like to have you on a side. I will close the RP when we have 8 people in it, you can still have 2 characters though.

Rules:
-Follow the Pokecharms rules
-Romance is allowed (and would be fun if everyone try to have a partner ;)) but keep it PG-13
-Killing and beheading is ok but don't think like you're in Rome beheading the Emperor.
-No autoing
-You can have 2 characters
-Write "Dio, Za Warudo" in other so we know you read the rules
-Have fun or I'll break your toes

Classes:
Paladin
Rogue
Warrior monk (bo-staff, quarter-staff, spear, nunchucks and more)
Knight
Samurai
Sorcerer/sorceress
Assassin/ninja
Priest/healer

Every class can have a sort of magical boost, but only sorcerer/sorceress and priest/healer can do real magic.

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Class:
Weapons:
Background (optional):
Pet (optional, can be a magical creature but not something as powerful as a dragon):
Other:

Name: Ishido Hotaru
Side: Daagawa clan
Appearance: Long, jet black hair. She's 5'7 tall and dress in black and red sorceress robes. She has one green (which glows when she perform magic) and one grey eye.
Personality: She's manipulative and sadistic. She doesn't feel empathy or sympathy, she just likes torturing her victims.
Class: Sorceress that focuses on Fire magic.
Weapons: A sorceress staff and a dagger.
Background: Trained since a small child to be a sorceress by an abusive mother and father who were both part of the Daagawa clan. The mother and father cared little for each other, only saw each other as assets to make a great magic child. At the age of 15, Ishido had noticed that they couldn't teach her anything else so she killed them in their sleep. She "adopted" a Niffler that could help her steal gold from people.
Pet: Niffler.
Other: Dio, Za Warudo.

Name: Erik Brand
Side: Todai-Ji temple
Appearance: He's slim, yet muscular. He's 6'0. His hair is black with red streaks in it. He dress in a standard assassin's outfit and a grey mask to hide his face when he's on missions.
Personality: He mostly just look after himself, he won't save anyone if it means his life would be in danger (unless you pay well enough). He believes that if he would die, he wouldn't be able to save the next person's life. Or the next after that. This goes for his reputation as well. He wouldn't save someone else's reputation if it meant his would be tarnished. He wants some recognition. He's cold to those who deserve it.
Class: Assassin
Weapons: He has 10 smoke bombs that he use to get himself out of an enemy's view. He also have gunpowder in small bags which make sounds when you throw them on the ground (useful to confuse enemies). He use two wakizashis in combat and have a dagger in case he lose his wakizashis. His boost is super-jump (basically so he can jump up on roofs/jump from wall to wall)
Background: He came to Japan from England because he was a wanted criminal there for murdering a respected general during a mission. He hopes to start a new life in Japan, though he's only good at combat. When he arrived in Japan, he lived in the forest at first and became friends with a kitsune.
Pet: Kitsune (a fox basically). This particular one was a descendant to the fox god and could teleport and turn invisible (and can do the same thing for my character)
Other: Dio, Za Warudo

Last edited:
This seems really interesting! I'd love to see if I can make a char or two for this as I wanted to try and make use of an idea for twin brothers.

Before I do consider joining and posting a bio (or two), I do have a couple of questions.
1: Are there limits to what kinds of magic spells/elements you can have alongside what mythical creatures you can have as pets?
2: What kind of alignment would you say the two clans at war are like alongside what culture the lean towards, like knights, vikings, samurai, etc.?

@Red Gallade
1. Nothing too OP. It's pretty minor magic like fireballs and stuff. If you wanted to make something like a tornado, you would have to pretty much meditate for an entire day and you wouldn't be able to hold it for very long. And about the pets, you can't have a dragon or a basillisk. They're too OP. You can have something like a Phoenix but @Joelkjn Ōkami is gonna have one (or possibly 2 if he also decide on making twins lol) so if you're looking to have something for yourself, that's not it unfortunately. Blame him.
2. I tried having the set ideologies and stuff in the Star Wars RP I made but it didn't work out (evidently) so I'm not sure if I want to go into detail on what they're fighting about myself. If you have a suggestion you can present it yourself if you want :)

@ThePlayfulFox you're more than welcome to reserve a spot and yes both those works

I wasn't planning to give my characters pets and in terms of class, I plan to make them both sorcerers. The idea was one being more calm and friendly with the other being more on the aggressive and brash side.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Bio go brrr

Name: Shaun
Side:Todai-Ji temple
Appearance: 5'11/Dark skinned/ Black hair.
Typically never seen with his white armour, unless stealth is required. Shaun would shed his amour, wearing a typical black ninja suit, except wearing sneakers and without a hoodie, because he prefers to be comfortable.
Personality: Thanks to both of his families' formal demeanor, he's always acting stern and serious, to the point where a lot of people call him a robot. This attitude is hard to keep up, though, and he'll eventually lose the serious exterior and become his naturally friendly attitude. Although he prefers to avoid them, in fights, his serious mode come back up, however, it's more of a facade, since fighting in always nerve-racking for him, especially since he tries to avoid killing.
Very few things piss him off, but when ticked, his assassin instincts spark, and his emotions die out, changing him to a cold ruthless killer that'll make his family proud...until his doormat personality comes back, that is.
Class: Assassin/Ninja and some Knight mixed in
Weapons: A metal katana sheathed on his back, and a small back on his hip, carrying a few shurikens and a small knife, for emergencies. His armour is lightweight and, while weaker than most other amour, doesn't impede movement much.
Background (optional): Shaun comes from a family of assassins working for the Daagawa clan. He actually was treated quite well, if a bit strictly, but it was necessary for his training. His family taught him to be ruthless, and after successfully killing a corrupt merchant, was sent on his way to kill the Todai-Ji army's general. He had acted almost perfectly, remaining undetected and entering the general's home without so much as a floor creak. However, he caught sight of that general interacting with his family and, seeing their happy relationship, found himself unable to do the job, leaving the quarters and back to his family.
Only, he didn't have a family anymore. After hearing about his failure, his family disowned Shaun and he was ran out of the clan. The boy, only 16 at the time, was left in the wild, where he managed to befriend a lone wolf pup, not without a few scars, of course. He eventually found himself in Todai-Ji, where the same general he should've killed found him and took him in. He was raised learning the value of peace, but also taught forms of close combat, which was completely different from his family's no-confrontation form of killing. The general eventually was killed in battle when Shaun was 18, but the boy had already decided on being a soldier for their army.
Pet: A black wolf named Fang. While he had no powers, he's unusually large, and even regenerates injuries somewhat quickly. He's only 2 years old, yet can be ride on. He's untrusting toward any strangers and naturally cold to others, except Shaun.
Other: You thought I was going to write Za Warudo, but it was ME, Dio!

I'll fix what I need to, and expect a member of his family to appear as my second character.

Sorry for the double-post but I need to make sure that you all see this. I added 2 things in the top post which are that I will close the RP after 8 people joins as I feel like 16 characters would be enough. I also added that every class can have a magical boost which I forgot to add earlier. It's just a small boost like a knight maybe can increase their strength to the double. A sorcerer/sorceress and priest/healer are still the only ones who can perform some real magical feats though. You can add the boost you want in "Weapons"

Joelkjn Fox Lord

Previously Joelkjn Ōkami
Name: Yamasaki Miki
Side: Todai-Ji
Appearance: https://www.pngitem.com/middle/hmooxox_naruto-oc-female-anbu-hd-png-download/ (Naruto Oc Female Anbu, HD Png Download , Transparent Png Image - PNGitem) only with a quarter-staff instead of the sword
Personality: She has a fun happy personality. Loves to play the flute and is quite good at it. Is a little closed off but get to know her and she will be one of the nicest people you will meet. Even tho she has a fun personality to her enemies she is an emotionless warrior
Class: Warrior Monk
Weapons: quarter-staff
Background (optional): Will be revealed as the story goes on
Pet: phoenix Other:

Name: Okane Miki
Side: Dagawaa
Appearance: https://www.pinterest.se/pin/687924911806086299/ (#Mask #Kitsune #KitsuneMask #FoxMask #JapaneseKitsuneMask #JapaneseFoxMask #Anime #Manga | Mask | Kitsune | Fox Mask | Japane… | Anime monsters, Anime kimono, Anime) But with a quarter-staff
Personality: Is a seroius person that has only focus to complete her missions. She cares about people that the closest to her and can be charming to others.
Class: Warrior Monk
Weapons: quarter-staff Background (optional): Will be revealed as the story goes on
Pet: Ice phoenix Other:

Name: Shiroyama
Nickname: Shiro, White, The mountain Yeti.
Side: mercenary (will decide later)
Appearance: Stands at 5'2. Shiro has short unkempt white hair and blue eyes, she also poses a pair of feline ears that she insisted as simply accessories on her headband, but she never allows anyone to touch them. Her attire consist of a thick kimono, overlaid with multiple jackets and scarfs to the point that she looks like a walking pile of clothes.
Personality: The lazy cat of the bunch. Shiro prefers to play with her cats over doing anything else, however, she's loyal to the leader of Cardinal Clover and would try her best if given works by him.
Class: sorcerer
Weapons: An umbrella with steel plates on its canopy. Works as a magic staff, shield and protection from weather.
Background: A member of mercenary group named Cardinal Clover. If she stays in a place for an extended period of time she would unconsciously summon a hailstorm, hence why she usually lives in a mountain.
Pet: A small white kitten
Other: ZA WARUDOOO DIOO!

Name: Akari
Nickname: Red, The Most Dashing and Super Awesome Ninja(self-proclaimed), Daylight assassin.
Side: mercenary
Appearance: Stands at 5'8. Akari poses a long fiery red hair with no less striking yellow eyes. She wears a painfully colorful red garb with strokes of orange and yellow here and there.
Personality: The loud assassin, with zero stealth kill count because most of her targets died from her bombs instead. A playful and mischievous person who's not afraid to befriend even her target.
Class: Ninja
Weapons: A wakizashi, shurikens and bombs.
Background: A member of mercenary group called Cardinal Clover. She's also a master of Crane Kata, a martial stance that allows the user to have perfect balance and become almost weightless.
Pet: none
Other:

Last edited:
Name: Kia Shinda
Nickname: Poker Face
Side: Todai-ji
Appearance: 6'3, short brown hair, pale skin, an hazel eye and a purple eye. Wears a purple hat with white spots that make a straight face on it, a grey cape and a purple tunic with grey shorts under. She has bandages wrapped around her right arm and leg, and wears black boots. Oh, and she carries around an unlit Jack-o'-lantern for reasons that are unknown.
Personality: Even-tempered, she never holds grudges against anyone but doesn't make note of good things either. She keeps a straight face nearly all the time, which has gained her the nickname 'Poker Face'. She can be seen smiling rarely, though its more likely for her to show her anger.
Class: Sorceress
Weapons: A long staff that splits at the top end to hold a purple glass sphere.
Background (optional): I'll think of something based on what happens in the rp
Pet: An owl large enough to lift Kia a short distance in the air.
Other: I might make a second oc, but I'm not sure. Also, jazz hands. Also also, Dio, Za Warudo. Also also also, feel free to break my toes.