• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
RP: https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-war-of-dragnos-rp.20983/
Oh boy, there is a lot to explain. To save room most of the information for the races of this world will be kept in Spoiler boxes. This is a world that I created myself. If there are any similarities for any book, Tv show, or movie; then they are coincidental. Now the rules.
  1. Follow the Pokecharms rules (that's a given)
  2. Your posts must be at least five sentences long
  3. I have the authority to kick you out of the RP if you cause trouble
  4. Tell me if you are going to kill a character. No surprise deaths
  5. You must play at least two characters. This is a war.
  6. There is NO character limit, however, don't bite off more than you can chew
  7. Romantic seances are allowed, but nothing that should be private... You can proclaim to be mates though. It cannot be with two of your characters.
  8. You can have eggs/blossoms, but you must let me know first, and we need someone to take control of the eggs. You and the owner of your mate have first pick.
  9. NPCs can be controlled by anyone, EXCEPT for a few. These characters are off limits to anyone except for me. (I might grant control to them to someone later, but it will be minor)
Now I'll give a brief summary of the plot. There are two sides, Queen Flarea's subjects and King Rangenrok's supporters. They are in a war to see who rules this land. It is your job to fight for one of them and win the war for them.
There are three races, dragon, sprite, and guardian. They will be explained below:
Dragons are the most common of the three and are on both sides. Most of the younger dragons side with Rangenrok, while most of the older ones side with Flarea. There are exceptions though. There are subraces within the dragon race. Each one has its own power. Dragons can be hybrids, but I will not mention what they all look like. Dragons also live all as one people, but there are some dragon villages that are only one dragon subrace.
Every dragon has a necklace. This contains their soul. If this necklace is removed then they become a stone statue. If the necklace is destroyed, then they die. However, the necklace very difficult to destroy, and the statue can only be demolished by a sprite.
Wind Dragons are lean and fast. They are the smallest of the dragons out there when it comes to muscle size. However, they are about average size. They have no breath but instead can fly further than any other dragon. They are also faster and can make tighter turns.
Wind Dragons are a pale blue to white color, they have the largest wingspan of any dragon type and on their tail, they have tailwings which help with tight turns. They either have no horns or very small ones that grow backward to help with aerodynamics. Their eyes can be all colors, but their eyes are usually gray.
Fire dragons are what we usually think when someone says dragon. They are huge when it comes to muscle mass. They are also large when it comes to hight. They have fire breath and can hit harder than most dragons. However, they are very slow and can't move that in tight spaces.
Fire dragon scales are red, brown, or orange. They have an average wingspan, and their tails are thick and spiky. They have spines down their back and their horns go upwards and curve towards their head after the horns reach about 1 foot. They have black horns, and talons. Their eyes can be any color but are usually amber.
Water dragons are shiny due to them being covered in mucus that frogs and other amphibians are covered in. They are a bit muscular, but it is mainly used for swimming. They are averagely sized and has an average sized wingspan. They have a water breath, can breathe in the water, and are the best swimmers out of all the dragons.
Water dragons are all sorts of blues, sea greens, and light purples. They don't have horns due to it being so wet. They have webbing up to their talons. Their talons are black. Their wings are much more suited for swimming than flying. Their tails end as a thick paddle. Their eyes are green, blue, and gray.
Earth dragons are big and bulky. They have tons of muscle mass but are very short. They also have smaller than usual wings. They have no breath but can cause earthquakes with their tail, can break bones in other dragons. However, they can't fly well and are usually predictable in the sky.
Earth Dragons are all sorts of brown. They have flat heads and ram horns. Their horns are brown while their talons are black. Their tails end in a thick club that is very heavy but can be swung very quickly by the earth dragons. They have brown, amber, and green eyes.
Magic dragons have an average muscle mass and are an average hight. They have averaged sized wings They have a breath made up of compressed wild magic. They also can use small amounts of tamed magic to do minor tasks.
Magic dragons are all sorts of blues and purples. They have horns that stick out curl up after reaching two inches then curl outwards after reaching 11 inches. They have spikes down their spines. They have white or black horns and black talons. Their tails end in a small club with small spikes. They have all eye colors.
Shadow dragons have little muscle mass and are average hight. They have an average wingspan. They don't have a breath but can enter a shadow form. This form cannot be hit, and the user can physically hit objects if they are talented enough. However most of the time it cannot interact with the world around them.
Shadow dragons are black, dark purple, or gray. Their horns are backward facing and are long. The talons and horns are black. The tail is very thick but doesn't end with anything. They have all eye colors.
Poison dragons are average all the way around. They have a toxic breath, a poisonous bite and venous blood.
Poison dragons are bright purple or bright green. They have forward faced horns that are white or gray. They have black talons. The tail has a toxic spike on the end. They have all the eye colors, but their eyes are usually amber or gray.
Ice dragons are bit muscular and are on the large side. However, they have large wings to help them out. They have a frost breath and can survive subzero temperatures.
Ice dragons are white or pale blue. They don't have horns, but they have spikes all over their body, including the neck. The tail doesn't have any spikes until the end of the tail. They have white talons. They can only have blue, amber, and gray eyes.
Guardian dragons are rare. They are only in the royal family and there hasn't been one in years, until Flarea. They can use all of the breaths and skills that don't require body parts. They have the body shape of one dragon and the colors of another. There is only one Guardian Dragons at a time. Current Guardian Dragon: Flarea
Sprites are like dragons with each of them having a different power. They have the same powers of the dragons above, except for guardian. Sprites are small. They have small wings that are round. Depending on their element, they can be different colors and have different hair. For more detail go to dragons. Sprites created dragons so they know every weakness that they have.
Sprites are allied with Flarea, unless they are Jundios(slaves), or they are unaligned. Sprites use the budding method of reproducing. Sprites cannot be hybrids
Guardians are made out of wild magic. That means what they look like is really up to you. However, they cannot look like dragons or sprites. They use the magic budding process to reproduce. Two Guardians combine their magic and wild magic is formed around the small amount of magic. This is acceptable on screen.
They are very reclusive and don't usually pick a side in a war due to them being so random due to their nature. However, some have allied with both.
The two sides...
Ragenrok believes that dragons are the superior race. He was thought to be dead after Flarea's sprite friend, Shui, removed his necklace and destroyed his statue. However, Windraza found his necklace and made a new body for the broken dragon. He killed his brother and his sister-in-law due to him wanting to become king due to him being older, but his father chose Burith to take the throne instead. He also tried to kill Flarea due to her being a Guardian dragon. Now he is rising an army to take Flarea and her soft policies down.
Flarea is the first Guardian dragon in eons. She lived with the Guardians for years and learned where dragons originated from. She has a deep respect for the other races and believes that sprites and dragons should be equal, not one hunt the other while they cower in fear. She defeated Ragenrok and freed her brother, Blaze after Windraza forced him to work in the mines of rebirth.
map-of-dragnos.53099
https://pokecharms.com/works/map-of-dragnos.53099/
maps
Ragenrok's side: Ragenrok, Phryo, Magine
Flarea's Side: Flarea, Shui, Yuro
Terms
Wild magic is this worlds purest form of magic. It is unpredictable, thus its name. It is everywhere but is most commonly found in the Guardian Forest, where most of the guardians live.
That was a lot... Glad that's over.
Bio:
Name: (What your character is called
Gender: (Male/Female. The races of Dragnos are all straight)
Race: (Include what element you are if you are a dragon or sprite)
Appearance: (What you look like. If Guardian go wild!)
Personality: (Be brief, reveal your true colors in the RP)
Power: (For hybrids)
Alliance: (Flarea's Army, Ragenrok's Supporters, Unaligned)
Why that side?: (Ignore if unaligned)
Rank: (General, Soldier, Assassin, Scout, Spy, Seer, Healer, or Trainee(If Trainee please specify for what))
Mate/Crush: (Can be a dead mate, but not a former crush)
Family: (Dead and alive)
RP Example: (only needed for the first character)
Name: Blaze
Race: Fire Dragon
Appearance: Deep red scales with orange membrane on the wings. Amber eyes.
Personality: Blaze is a brave dragon that would fight to the death for Flarea. He gets easily angered, though, and wants to kill Windraza
Alliance: Flarea's Army
Why that side?: He feels sorry for his sister, Flarea. Having to live her life thinking everyone from her family was dead, he felt like he had to make it up to her somehow.
Mate/Crush: N/A
Family: Former King and Queen dragon (Parents) (dead), Windraza (sister), Flarea (sister), Ragenrok (uncle)
RP Example: Blaze growled. Why did he have to deal with the new recruits? They knew nothing of this war. All they thought was it would bring them glory! This was serious, not a game that whelps play! He stormed off to the other cave and plopped down in his nest. He thought about his younger sister who now had the throne. "Flarea, I will protect you." He whispered as he closed his eyes.

Name: Windraza
Race: Wind Dragon
Appearance: She is very long. She is a pale blue with white membrane. She has gray eyes. She weres silver dragon metal armor along her back and on her legs and feet.
Personality: Windraza is sarcastic and prideful. She enjoys being the center of attention. And hates Flarea due to her becoming the queen even though she was the oldest.
Alliance: Ragenrok's Supporters
Why that side?: He promised her that she would get the throne once he died.
Family: Former King and Queen of dragons (Parents) (dead), Blaze (brother), Flarea (sister), Ragenrok (uncle)
RP Example: See Blaze

Name: Shada
Race: Wind/Shadow dragon hybrid
Appearance: Shada is light gray with gray wings. She has the tail of a wind dragon, and the horns of a shadow dragon. Her body is that of a wind dragon. She has blue eyes.
Personality: Shada is timid and is easily scared. She, however, has a kind heart and doesn't wish to upset anyone.
Power: Can use a weak version of Shadow form. She also can move a bit faster than other dragons, fly longer, and do tight turns
Alliance: Unlined
Why that side?: N/A
Family: N/A
RP Example: See Blaze
I hope people see this... If you have any questions about this world, feel free to ask me.

Last edited:
Name: Skyecut
Appearance: Slightly smaller than the average Wind Dragon. He has Powder blue scales, no horns, and Icy blue eyes.
Personality: Not much of a fighter, not a coward, but some others think he is. He enjoys flying.
Alliance: Flarea’s Army
Why that side?: Because he and some of his friends had an argument about whether Flarea or Ragenrok had more right to rule. When the war broke out he joined Flarea’s Army as a messenger.
Mate/Crush: None (yet)
Family: His sister, father, and mother are all unaligned, and living peacefully at home.
RP example:
Skyecut soared high in the air, carrying sealed messages from the frontlines to Flarea’s palace. As he swooped through the sky, he looked down on all the empty homes below. Not that long ago, there had been happy homes throughout the region, but now there was only half the population still there. Many had joined the armies, and many had died. He shook his head as he sped towards Flarea’s palace.

————————————————————

Name: Airethea
Appearance: Pure white, larger than average Wind Dragon. Has small horns on the top of her head and has very large wings for the species.
Personality: A bit of a bully, she is very opinionated and stubborn. Once her mind is made up you will never persuade her to change her opinion.
Alliance: Ragenrok’s Supporters
Why that side?: In an argument with Skyecut, she decided that Ragenrok had a better right to rule, and was one of his major supporters during his rise.
Mate/Crush: None (yet)
Family: Also in Ragenrok’s Forces. She persuaded them and they have the same stubborn streak as her, and are very powerful fighters. Her Uncle is still at home.

Depends, as I said before, dragons all live together, however, when alone, Wind Dragons live on the top of mountains and in the sides of cliffs. They love high up places and places that are hard to reach for other dragons. I can also tell you more about the living habits of anything else in Dragnos.

Wow. Again, great job with this world! I kinda think that Skyecut and his family live in a cave near the top of a mountain, so they can just shoot out into the sky at a moment’s notice. Maybe there is a colony if Wind Dragons on the same mountain with similar caves. There is a lot of fun stuff you can do with this world!

Yes, two years of going over this world can do that! I've spent too much time trying to work out plot holes so then no one can unravel my world. It can be complicated, but aren't all worlds that way? Anyway, I think I should explain wild magic. It is an interesting concept, and it is a big force in the world of Dragnos.

Bio:
Name: Svinx
Age: Adult (Unsure if Guardian's go by the same age system so just guessing)
Race: Guardian
Appearance: A fox-like figure just smaller than a young dragon, it's body seems almost split in two, while his left side is white the right side is black, fitting with this theme Svinx's left eye is orange while his right is blue. Instead of one tail, Svinx has one long tail which is in place between where Svinx's body splits in color, as well as three other tails on each side of his body, while not as long as the first, they end with a hand like appendage that Svinx can use to grab things.
Personality: He'll get you what you need, at a price. Svinx doesn't care who wins as long as he can make a profit. He's sly, tricky and a bit of an asshole.
Alliance: Unaligned. He works in information selling info to each side of the war.
Mate/Crush: None yet
Family: Unsure, he was split from them when the war broke out.
RP Example: Svinx walked through a destroyed field, bones, stone, and charcoal littered the area, the ground crackled beneath Svinx's feet with each step. Svinx kept walking through the field uninterested in his surrounding's, at least until a small glint of metal in the ground caught his eye. Quickly with a new found interest, he pounced over to the shine, his tail’s began digging into the ground eagerly, before discovering a chunk of undamaged gold, quickly clasping it in his paws, Svinx set his hand like tail's into the ground and lifted himself up with them, to use them as a chair of sorts, "Well, looky here, I wonder how much I could get for this little piece?" Svinx said as the sparkling gold shone in his eye

Bio:
Name: Venomalia
Race: Poison Dragon
Appearance: Venomalia has green scales over his whole body except her tail where the scales transfer into a deep purple, she has eyes that are yellow almost verging on orange and long forward facing grey horns.
Personality: Venomalia is cunning, always thinking, she makes sure she has eye's and ears everywhere so she can always get her way.
Alliance: Flarea's Army
Why that side?: Curiosity. Venomalia is the inquisitive kind and Flarea is a very intriguing anomaly.
Family: Alive and living peacefully away from the fighting (Mother & Father)
RP Example:

Spells aren't really a thing in Dragnos, but magic can be used. Only magic dragons, magic sprites, and guardians can use magic in the terms you are thinking of, but they have to use tame magic, which is much (like a baby compared to a wrestler) weaker than wild magic. Guardians can use wild magic, but they must make a pact with it first. Which only the oldest and wisest guardians have done. Wild magic is unpredictable, so it isn't advised to use it.

I didn't want to create a huge magic system and I didn't want magic to be out of control to where every problem could be solved with the 'a wizard did it' trope, so I came up with this compromise. Also I didn't explain the pact well. The pact lets the user to use wild magic and it will do (for the most part) what the user wants. However, the wild magic can still refuse to work with the user.

I was expecting that question! To the north, there is the artic, the ice dragons home. Not far from that in the east there is mount Phryoss, the castle of Queen Flarea, in the mountain range lives tons of other dragons. Around the mountains of Phryoss, there are the Pains of Undi. Most of Flarea's Earth dragon supporter live here. There are a couple of cliffs and dragons villages, but they won't be explored much. Down in the southeast, the Forest of Guardians resides. No one is allowed without the permission of a guardian, or being a guardian. When you leave the forest and go northwest you'll find a Wind Dragon village, upon the top of the cliff edge there is an amazing view that pilgriming dragons love to visit. If you go even further west you'll run into a dark and foreboding place due to the fact you are close to a volcano. Here mount. Vocanion resides, the palace of King Ragenrok. This is also the place where his body was destroyed. There is a mountain range around this volcano. At the very bottom is the mines of rebirth. If we go west once more you'll find the Dragon Spires. Large pillars coming out of the ocean. Flarea claims this area due to the fact Ragenrok hates this place. As for territories, borders have not been truly decided yet. Both sides claim the same areas except for each other's castles and the Dragon Spires. I hope you understand all of that

Hey, that’s probably better than the scribbles I just deleted. I’m not great at maps in the first place (especially when I’m trying to give lots of details or notes.), and one of my main problems is that I can never get a good border. I’ve drawn multiple maps for my own Pokémon region, but they always end up shaped like a pear that is rotting and being eaten by flies.

I may not be able to see it for a while, might have to wait for a chance to use a computer. It’s just showing that an image exists, but I can’t see it. No big deal though, I’ll be able to look at it eventually.

Bio:

Name: Regann "The Mischievous"
Appearance: Regann is tall, thin and of human body shape. However he has sharp, jagged edges surrounding the joints on his body and small bell like balls hand from his orange fur. His ears are elongated and curved to the back and small horns extend from the top and back of his head. His hands are soft and small with fingers wielding dagger like nails. Half of his face is covered with a dark black metal, symbolic of his heritage.
Personality: As shown above, Regann is mischievous, untrustworthy, mad and dangerous. He has a habit of trying to make a game out of everything.
Alliance: None as of yet.
Mate/Crush: None.
Family: Dead parents and a twin brother.
RP Example: Regann chuckled to himself as he held a helpless squirrel in the air with his magic, "Come back to daddy?". He then threw the squirrel against the tree beside him before thrusting his dagger-claws into its chest. He grinned rubbing the remaining grime down his ruffled fur and shaking causing it to splatter amongst the trees in putrid spots of death. His brother who stood nearby and watched, inspecting the gory remains of the creature splatter to the ground, "Delightful, shall we go find some more?". Both of them turned and trotted down the path, chatting to each other and sharing emotions through their rare twin linkage.

Bio:

Name: Crezfaltaar "The Unholy"
Appearance: Crezfaltaar is the most disgusting thing most living creatures will have ever seen, his body appears to be almost humanoid, except shrivelled and grimy with dark grey and black skin which flaked and occasionally fell off. His arms are mangled and lower than they should be and his legs appear to be twisted and severely injured. He has ears resembling that of a squid's tentacle but shredded to scars in some parts. An orange metallic plate replaces half of his contorted face a symbol of his heritage.
Personality: Crezfaltaar is deceitful, cruel and bloodthirsty. He has a powerful lust for violence and death and often encourages this into others.
Alliance: None as of yet.
Mate/Crush: How would this thing ever be able to mate?
Family: Dead parents and a twin brother.

Accepted, though they must be banished from the Forest of the Guardians if they are going to do this kind of stuff.
Now for my fourth character:
Name: Viridia (Viridinenat meaning the one of life)
Appearance: Viridia is a quadruped and looks like a purple winged wolf with a mane. She has amber eyes and is about the size of a youngling dragon.
Personality: Viridia is a kind creature who loves life and will protect it with her life. However if one disrupts the cycle and hunts for fun and not food she will come upon them with massive fury and use the unpredictable wild magic, even though she doesn't have a pact with it yet.
Alliance: Flarea's Army, although she is a wanderer, meaning she moves a lot
Why that side?: She hates that Ragnrok has Jonious
Mate/Crush: N/A at the moment
Family: Zradra and Narterous (parents), Zidia (sister)
I have accepted myself