• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Walking Dead Discussion Thread

Yeah I took my time and waited... because honestly I didn’t know how I wanted to start... or where I wanted my character to be at both mentally and physically.

*waits semi-patiently*
the setting is to be discussed by the roleplayers involved.
as for the universe, this is set in the TV show universe, but in another place so as to avoid crossovers with TWD or FTWD.

So just so I can know where the hell I am, where is this RP currently taking place? I know you said we wanted to keep it separate from TWD and FTWD... so that leaves the middle U.S.
Possible the panhandle of Florida and most of the southern states.
Also we could go way north, like New York, Montana, or the state of Washington.

Anyway, I’m only asking for clarification.
Thanks.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
*waits semi-patiently*

So just so I can know where the hell I am, where is this RP currently taking place? I know you said we wanted to keep it separate from TWD and FTWD... so that leaves the middle U.S.
Possible the panhandle of Florida and most of the southern states.
Also we could go way north, like New York, Montana, or the state of Washington.

Anyway, I’m only asking for clarification.
Thanks.
still unsure, but i would assume Missouri or so.
ahem, i meant 'Misery', the Kill Me state.

I live in Pensacola FL, but I could never bring myself to live in Georgia.... or anywhere near Atlanta. I’d prefer to live either in Seattle Washington, Aurora Indiana, or New Zealand(Middle Earth) lol
So when/if our characters meet up, is the group heading north? South? Do they have a plan? Or are they just driving to drive and keep mobile?

comic

I live in Pensacola FL, but I could never bring myself to live in Georgia.... or anywhere near Atlanta. I’d prefer to live either in Seattle Washington, Aurora Indiana, or New Zealand(Middle Earth) lol
So when/if our characters meet up, is the group heading north? South? Do they have a plan? Or are they just driving to drive and keep mobile?
I'd love to live near Atlanta, mainly because that's still where they film TWD, and I would love to meet the cast.

so far, no devised plan right now. i think i briefly touched base with their 'destination' in my post.

comic

alright, sweet.
@Eeveechu151
you're the last person who needs to post. once you post, it's free game for anybody. i just wanna make sure everybody has a chance to put up their first post before the story takes off, leaving someone behind in the dirt.
and Eevee, your post doesn't have to be anything particularly special. we're just at the beginning, so this is all exposition, really. we're setting the scene, so to speak.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
(Hello! If it is possible, I would like to join.)

Name: Hayson Drake Ejder

Physical Attributes: He has blond hair that is fuzzy, he has slightly pale skin, and his eyes are a dark brown color. Hayson wears a small worn out camo jacket, with a short white shirt under it. Along with that, he has slightly ripped and worn out jeans, with light brown shoes.

Personality: He is sincere and strong, although he is kinda clumsy and not a fast runner. He is usually even-tempered, but he sometimes won’t forgive others easily. Hayson also has good experience with small weapons.

Weapon Of Choice: A black pistol, and a small dagger in his camo jacket pocket.

Moral Allegiance: Good

(If I can still join, do I post the RP Example in here?)

comic

(Hello! If it is possible, I would like to join.)

Name: Hayson Drake Ejder

Physical Attributes: He has blond hair that is fuzzy, he has slightly pale skin, and his eyes are a dark brown color. Hayson wears a small worn out camo jacket, with a short white shirt under it. Along with that, he has slightly ripped and worn out jeans, with light brown shoes.

Personality: He is sincere and strong, although he is kinda clumsy and not a fast runner. He is usually even-tempered, but he sometimes won’t forgive others easily. Hayson also has good experience with small weapons.

Weapon Of Choice: A black pistol, and a small dagger in his camo jacket pocket.

Moral Allegiance: Good

(If I can still join, do I post the RP Example in here?)
go ahead and send me a sample through PMs.

comic

alright, gang. we gotta discuss plot.

Exposition, Rising Action, Climax, Falling Action, and Resolution.
now, we could either do this RP in an episodic format like the show and the games, or we could have arcs that last for a few 'episodes' or more, but are all in the same rp.
or, we could do this in seasons, as was my original intention.
either way, we need several small arcs for this rp, and one large arc that lasts for the majority of the rp.

I've got an idea for Neil that would involve the whole group. I wouldn't do it right off the bat but it would involve meeting another group. Also, I like an episodic idea. Doing simply seasons seems like it would leave out quite a bit of stuff. But if that stuff's unimportant I guess it doesn't matter. I do like mini arcs as well as an overarching "theme". Or overarching plot. Don't know what that would be though.

comic

I've got an idea for Neil that would involve the whole group. I wouldn't do it right off the bat but it would involve meeting another group. Also, I like an episodic idea. Doing simply seasons seems like it would leave out quite a bit of stuff. But if that stuff's unimportant I guess it doesn't matter. I do like mini arcs as well as an overarching "theme". Or overarching plot. Don't know what that would be though.
@Eeveechu151
your one dude, forgot his name randomly and I'm too lazy to check it, but he could slowly become the villain for this big arc with multiple smaller arcs before, during, and finishing up shortly after.
so if this would be in an episode format, I imagine the length of each episode would only be about 15 to 20 pages or so.

comic

alright! so.
Alister has been offline for over 4 days as of this post. the max is five. if Alister doesn't come back and post within the next 16 hours or so, he is officially rejected from this RP.
like i said many times before, inactivity kills a roleplay, and this is a perfect example of it.
since he has posted only once, and nobody has directly interacted with his character, on day 5, i will have his post deleted, and his character replaced with a half-frozen zombie.
how does everybody feel about this?

comic

Uh, replacing the character with a half-frozen zombie I think is a bit too much..
well, considering his character hasn't done anything in terms of interacting with the cast, then it's certainly reasonable. it keeps myself and Mok from having to edit out posts, as our characters are aware that someone not part of the group is there. Haley heard the scuff of a boot that didn't belong to Mockings character, so she went to investigate.
i'm not making Alister's character a walker. i'm taking him from his place, and putting a half-frozen walker in his spot.
reasoning as to why it's half-frozen is because it's winter, obviously, and because a half-frozen walker are extremely slow to react and move, making it more reasonable to have only just started to act after all the noise the group made.