• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Very Best

Edit: discussion thread here! Please put you apps there.
In a world run by Pokémon, the Pokémon league competition is sceduled to start soon. In a few months, Pokémon who have received at least 8 badges will show their skills in the Pokémon league. There, they will try to defeat other competitors to receave the chance to challenge the League champion to tempt to become the new champion. Who will claim victory this year?

Application
Name:
Species:
Personality:
Bio:
Appearance:
Other:

Rules:
- Follow all of pokecharm's rules
- Limit yourself to one shiny Pokémon
- no one line posts
- no double posts
- no legendaries

My Character:
Name: Huey
Species: Shellos
Personality: He is determine but rather clumsey in battle. He is very happy-go-lucky. He likes to help other Pokémon
Bio: Huey once lived on a reef with his big family of Shellos. Though they were all content with their lazy life on the reef, Huey wanted something more. He wanted to complete in the Pokémon league. He set out to find gyms all over to defeat. He wont stop until he is the champion.
Appearance: He wears a small handbag around his neck.
Other:

-------------------------------
"And stay out!" A Sunflora said as he threw out a young east sea Shellos.
The Shellos slid across the groung then quickly scurried towards the closing door "Wait Wait!" He yelled, but got a face full of door.
"Dang... that's the second time I lose! Why am I such a loser!" The Shellos said sadly. He looked back at the gym. "I'll be back!" He said. He scurried off to the health center.

Last edited:
Sounds cool... I'm in.

Application
Name: Bender
Species: Beheeyem
Personality: He is very clever and strategic, but lacks any empathy whatsoever.
Bio: Born in a scrapyard, Bender never had any friends. From the day he was born as an Elgyem, he set out to destroy any who stood in his way of becoming the league champion
Appearance: Since he was born in a scrapyard, he has developed a layer of soot on his metal covering, making him look like a jet black Beheeyem.
Other: He doesn't talk much.

"You shouls be more careful Huey! This is the second time today!" A Chansey told the Shellos. "It will be okay, just take this medicine and you will feel a lot better!" She concluded.
Huey depressingly walked out of the center. "Maybe everyone was right... maybe I'm not the great fighter I've always wanted to be..." Huey said.
He looked around. The small town he was in was mostly surrounded by forest. The grass type gym was taunting the small Shellos. He looked at the gym intently. "I'm not giving up! He said rushing into the gym.

Cool, hopefully this thread will not die.

Name: Rolo
Species: Riolu
Personality: When around strangers, he acts tough and superior. However, when around people he trusts, he reveals a playful and joyful personality. Nevertheless, he is always brave and never afraid to take risks for those he loves.
Bio: Riolu was raised in harsh environments. His father would always push him to train and become strong. This training has toughened him up and made him brave and determined. However, this toughness made him highly unsocial.
Appearance: Just a regular Riolu.
Other: None

Bender peered out of the scrapyard. It was huge. He had lived here with several other Beheeyem his whole life. They ate metal scraps. It was a hard life, but one he was accustomed to. Greenglade Village was the small settlement that used the scrapyard. Every few days, Machamp would haul the garbage and metal to the dump, where Garbodor and other Pokemon not "fit for society" lived. Today was the day. Bender twisted his left arm completely out of socket and dissembled it, which was a nervous habit. He put it back together, then back on. He was ready.

(Cosmic, you may go ahead and join, also, most OOC discussion should go into the discussion board, a link is at the top of the first post)
Huey nearly reached the gym but was stopped in his tracks when a macamp cut him off.
"Look where you're going!" The machamp said hauling a load of garbage somewhere.
Curious, Huey followed the strange muscular Pokémon.
The Pokémon hauled the garbage to some kind of scrap yard. This place make Huey feel like a fish out of water. He had never thought he would see a place like this.
With further examination, Huey realized there were Pokémon living here. Most of them were Trubbish, but there were also some weird alean-looking Pokémon.
Out of curiosity, Huey walked up to one of the aleans, who seemed to be placing his arm back into his socket. Huey was a bit scared but proceeded to curiously watch.

Bender's interrogating eyes instantaneously locked on to the pokemon approaching him. He was disgusted. It was too-- bright. His blue and yellow body stuck out in the mono, plain atmosphere of the scrapyard. Bender moved back and the lights on his hand glowed. Red, red, red, red, yellow, green, red was the pattern. In a few, slightly primitive words that the other Pokemon would understand, he scratched, "I can tamper your mind." He flashed another pattern again. Green, yellow, red, red. He said, "Stay away."

Application
Name: Flint
Species: Monferno
Personality: Flint is an energetic Pokemon and always wants to battle others even if he does not stand a chance because if he loses it will make him stronger
Bio: Born at the edge of a volcano being able to train a lot easier that age. As he grew older he decided to go on his own path of training being able to battle as much Pokemon as possible
Appearance: A shiny Monferno wearing a dark red bandana around his neck
Other: None

Name: Jason Lycan
Species: Shadow Rockruff
Personality: Outgoing, Never backs down, Adamant, Gets ahead of himself really easily, Self-conscious
Bio: He was created in a lab as he had a great bond with the infamous "Shadow Lugia" he escaped the lab into the forest he is one of the only shadow Pokemon that is not in a lab
Appearance: He is dark purple on the body with a ray of blue-ish purple-ish aura around him
Other: He only can use Shadow moves they have less damage but are super effective against everything

(OOC: sorry for the inactivity, I have a lot gping on with school and work lately! I'll be taking as much time to post as I can now, also Flint is accepted. For Jason, I love shadow Pokémon that will make the roleplay a bit interesting so also accepted)

The sudden bright lights of the alien Pokémon startled Huey. "Woah!" He exclaimed. The Pokémon then told Huey to stay away and he could tamper with Hue's mind.
"It's okay..." Huey said frightened. "I... I just uh... wanted to uh..." Hiey said unsure of why he was even there. "I have a peace offering!" He said, picking up a random peace of metal and handing it over. "I think we can be friends..." Huey said.

Bender glared at the Shellos with merciless eyes. He peered down at the piece of metal clutched in the impostors hand. Suddenly, he realized what it was. A B-coin! These relics were revered among his kind as holy pieces of the past. Greedily, Bender reached out a hand and snagged it. He asked in a gravelly voice, "What do you seek?" As he said this, he reached down to a pile of junk and picked up a small black string. He strung it through a small hole in the surface of the relic and tied a knot. He slipped it over his head and looked at the Pokemon with curious eyes, his fingers glowing each in turn.

"Uh... well..." Huey said peering to the side. "I could use a companion. Someone who can help me train so I can beat the gym. You see... I was raised on a peaceful reef where nobody really had any reason to battle, but it was always my dream to become the strongest. I could really use a partner!" Huey said with enthusiasm.

Name:Luna
Species:Sylveon
Personality:Caring and outgoing
Bio: Due to her bond with her mother she evolved but lost all of her family in a fire
Appearance:normal
Other:none

Last edited:
Bender scrutinized him. He was about to leave anyway, and he needed a partner who could help him through am unfamiliar world. No. He couldn't do that! He cursed himself for thinking it, but it tugged at the back of his mind, nevertheless. At last he said, "Let me deliberate. It's time for you to go." At that, he disappeared under a heap of metal he called home.

(OOC: Crystal1302, could you add a little more to the bio? Like where she was raised and how she was raised, also include all of the family she was raised with)

The alien Pokémon disappeared into a heap of scrap metal. Huey felt upset, but didn't pesture him too much. Huey slowly walked away from the scrapyard, hoping the strange Pokémon would change his hind and decide to come along.
Huey made his way to town. He stopped by at a small food stand and bought some berries. He sat and looked at the gym. He stared intently at it, debating weather to go in again or not.