• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Uprising

So, a couple months ago I came across a thread called "The Beginning". The idea of the RP was that a group of trainers were lucky enough to find Pokemon eggs, and proceed to hatch them. As there is no professor in town, the trainers take their newly hatched partners and set off on what I assume was to be a grand adventure. I was intrigued, so I posted a bio and waited.

And waited.

And waited some more.

Unfortunately, like so many RP's, "The Beginning" died before it had even begun. The author disappeared, leaving myself and several others interested in the RP high and dry. I was greatly disappointed, as I had been looking forward to the rather unique idea. So, after much deliberation, and a long wait in case the author returned, I have decided to reboot the idea with my own unique spin.

The premise is relatively simple. The RP will take place in a small, unnamed town in Johto, not found on any maps. A small division of Team Rocket stumbled across the town on accident following the events of the Gold and Silver games. They decide to make the town and its surrounding area their new base of operations. They quickly seize control of the town, and begin enforcing a wide variety of rules, the most important being the ban on Pokemon training outside of Team Rocket.

Several years pass, and a group of young trainers grow desperate to obtain Pokemon of their own. With their small-time local professor arrested by Team Rocket, the trainers must look to the lively forest to supply them. They all sneak out into the forest, each of them lucky enough to come across a Pokemon egg of their own. Soon enough, Team Rocket discovers the young trainers, and they must avoid capture or losing their Pokemon, inadvertently starting and leading a revolution.

As the group consists of new trainers, your characters must be relatively young, anywhere from 11 to 19. The town is fairly small, so it is safe to assume that our characters knew of each other. This can range from mere acquaintances to friends, family, or even lovers. Any and all relations between characters can be discussed here.

Seeing as the Pokemon are found in the forest, your character may find one of the following:
~ Caterpie
~ Weedle
~ Pikachu
~ Pidgey
~ Hoothoot
~ Seedot
~ Spinarak
~ Ledyba
~ Shroomish
~ Kricketot
~ Zubat
~ Oddish
~ Paras
~ Venonat
~ Psyduck
~ Exeggcute
~ Pineco
~ Poochyena
~ Zigzagoon
~ Wurmple
~ Taillow
~ Slakoth
~ Gastly
~ Murkrow
~ Misdreavus
~ Bidoof
~ Budew
~ Buneary
~ Nincada
~ Pidove
~ Timburr
~ Tympole
~ Sewaddle
~ Venipede
~ Cottonee
~ Petilil
~ Yanma
~ Poliwag
~ Fletchling
~ Scatterbug
~ Joltik
~ Woobat

You may select any of these Pokemon. If you feel I missed a Pokemon, or have a Pokemon you would like to request, please message me and we can discuss it. I will likely select three or four of you, but I'm not positive at this moment. If you're interested, please post a bio! :)

@Frontier Master @_Umbreon_
Name: Zeypher Kurst
Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 160 pounds
Hair: Dark brown, always mussed up and shaggy
Eyes: Brown
Clothing: Often seen wearing a worn-out green tee-shirt, with old, tattered jeans. He has no shoes, preferring to go bare foot.
Identifying Marks: None
Musculature: Thin, lean muscle, more on his legs than his arms
Personality: Zeypher is a relatively happy-go-lucky guy, preferring to always have a positive outlook on life. He's quick to make friends, and is extremely loyal. He can be overly loyal, almost to a fault, as he will do anything to help a friend. As a result of growing up in a broken home, Zeypher despises authority. He hates being told what to do, especially by adults. He is willing to take suggestions from those he considers to be his friends, but will become grumpy and irritable if directly commanded to do something.
Skills: Zeypher has a fairly extensive, if basic, base of knowledge about Pokemon
Past: Zeypher's parents never got along, even before the Rockets came to town. His father was an artist, and his mother simply stayed at home, so Zeypher's family never had a lot of money. His parents fought almost constantly, leading Zeypher to spend most of his time in the woods. He learned about the local Pokemon by watching them, and forged a sort of trust between him and the forest Pokemon. In fact, it was Zeypher who suggested searching for Pokemon eggs in the forest.
Family: Todd Kurst (Father); Aya Kurst (Mother)
Love Relationship: ???

Pokemon:

Name: Sigil (Often called Sigs for short)
Species: Poliwag
Ability: Water Absorb
Personality: Sigil matches Zeypher's happy-go-lucky attitude with a carefree attitude of his own. It isn't often that Sigil is unhappy, though he tends to be shy around new, unfamiliar people. He trusts Zeypher completely at all times, both in and out of battle.

Last edited:
Okay, I'll bite. I'm all for RPs that focus upon fighting a much stronger force than you.

Name: Cylas Lawson
Appearance: Cylas is fairly tall for his age, and rather willowy looking. His long, often tangled, blonde hair only adds to this effect. He often pulls it back into a long ponytail in order to try and keep it tidy, but he often ends up with leaves and sticks stuck in there anyway. Being that bit older, he also has a fair bit of stubble which he refuses to shave away, as he thinks he looks too much like a woman without it. Along with his rather pale skin and bright blue eyes, he is often mistaken for being an albino. Bringing this up is a bad idea, as its a sore point for him due to how much time he wants to spend outside in the sun, only for it to burn horribly whenever he sets a foot outside. His clothing is fairly simple, wearing a loose fitting white tee shirt, and slightly ripped and worn black jeans. He is almost always seen wearing a long scarf around his neck, which is an intricate blue and black pattern, and torn at the edges due to how much he wears it. He's rather fond of it as it was made for him by one of the few people in town that he actually has some level of respect for, and currently lives with. Finally, he wears a pair of practical black leather boots, which like everything else he has, is worn from use.

Personality: Cylas tends to seem fairly polite towards people, but doesn’t interact with them more than necessary. This gives him a bit of a cold aura, which hints at his underlying cynical nature. As someone who considers Pokemon to be superior creatures to humans, being forcefully separated from them by a group of humans who look to abuse them for their own gain for years upon end, he has very little faith in humanity. Cylas tends to keep his mocking thoughts of other human beings to herself, as insulting members of Team Rocket probably isn’t a good idea. Neither is insulting people who are supposed to be your friends. Due to looking down on people so much, he has no problem with attempting to manipulate them, as he assumes the worst in people to begin with, and thinks that using them isn’t really that big a deal because they probably deserved it anyway. The only kind of thing that would let him change his opinion of another human is if they care about Pokemon as much as he does.

Despite being fairly horrible towards humans, he tends to reveal a much softer side to Pokemon. Due to the way that they live in tune with nature and don’t try and control it like humans (and in the process wreck it entirely), he respects them in general a lot more, and all of his cynicism fades away around them. He looks down on forcing Pokemon to battle, and hates using Pokeballs or just training Pokemon in general, unless the Pokemon has consented to it. Cylas tends to be rather calm, but highly respectful around them. He tends to defer to them as authority figures and takes care to go along with what they wish to be doing, without really minding whether it’s an inconvenience to him or not, as he just enjoys making them happy. But, if you dare harm a Pokemon in any way, Arceus help you as this will probably gain his undying hatred for daring to hurt these marvelous creatures.

Skills: He has some pretty practical survival skills due to both of his parents being Pokemon Rangers.

Past: Cylas was an accident, born to two Pokemon Rangers living and working in Fiore at the time. While the two of them originally got along quite well, over time, they started drifting apart due to their differing desires in life. His mother, Aria, wanted to settle down somewhere and focus upon raising a family, wheras his father, Peter, still didn’t want to give up his lifestyle of travelling into the middle of nowhere and ensuring that the Pokemon in the area were healthy and well. Eventually, they split, and Cylas was ferried between the two of them for a while, spending one week with his mother and one with his father. He resented both of them a little bit for being unable to set aside their differences for his sake so he didn’t have to spend so much time travelling. But when he was seven his father was reassigned to a small, isolated town in Johto, and he only saw him during holidays. During one such visit, Peter received an alert about a large group of injured Pokemon deep into the forest from his partner, a Kirlia who could sense their pain. Unsure about what would cause such a thing, he asked Cylas to remain in the town while he investigated. Unfortunately, his father didn’t return, but a group of Rocket grunts did, setting up in the town and preventing Cylas from leaving. At first, he fully expected his father to return for her, in an epic battle to free him and the town from the Rockets. But, years passed and he never came, and eventually, Cylas, deciding that his father must have abandoned him, decided that if he wanted to do something to protect the forest Pokemon from the Rockets, and get himself out of here, he was going to have to take matters into his own hands.

Family: Peter Lawson (Father), Aria Fall (Mother), Nathan Fall (Half-Brother)

Pokemon:
Name:
Navi
Species: Cottenee
Ability: Prankster
Personality: Navi is a little shy, and tends to prefer to hide rather than directly confront an opponent, preferring to use her Prankster ability for all its worth. Despite being rather timid, her strong sense of morality means she feels obliged to try and do all she can to help other people to get rid of the Rockets, due to their tendency to attack and abuse forest Pokemon for experience, to capture, or just because they feel like it. Still, she tends to gravitate to stronger Pokemon and people to compensate for what she feels are her shortcomings.

Last edited:
May I join in?
Name: Lily Hart
Looks: Lily is rather short and skinny for her age, standing at only 4'11". She wears a tee shirt with a skitty on it. She wears jean shorts with pink suspenders (one too big) and no shoes. Lily has light pink hair tied with two red ribbons.
Personality: Lily is extremely peppy and kind. She loves Pokemon, having read about them in books so much. She is too headstrong, leading her into problems that could be easily avoided.
Past: Lily was born into a family of ace trainers. Her family had always given her books about Pokemon to read, making her grow to love Pokemon.
Family: Hunter Hart, Bianca Hart

Pokemon:
Nickname: Boo
Species: misdrevous
Personality: Boo is extremely cunning, and is a big prankster. She loves to prank Lily constantly.

Name: Nenkendo
Looks: Nenkendo is a short dwarf red head with a personalty to match. and has a chin strap. he normaly weres black and gold clothing and is very in stile with lattest fashon treands. and has asperations to do something pout side of the small town.
Pokemon: Petilil
Nickname: Flowers
Gender Female
Personaty: Loveing and very shy to anyone but Nenkendo

Could I join as well?
Name: Aika Riptide
Hair: Straight and long light brown hair.
Eyes: Hazel
Clothing: Usually seen in a bland white collared shirt with short sleeves with a unzipped, light yellow and blue jacket with a long, dark blue skirt. Wears white stockings with black sneakers.
Personality: Aika is a skittish young girl with the habit of repeatedly saying 'sorry' over and over when she thinks she does something wrong. Being skittish, Aika is easily scared of anything, her worst fear being anything spider-like. She has trouble starting conversations with people unless the subject is about something she likes a lot, in that case the person being talked to will have difficulty escaping Aika's endless rambling as she spouts out information and opinions.
Although skittish, she tries her best to get along with everyone as much as she can, trying to make them their friend in anyway possible. Although she usually attempts to start positive relationships with most people, she usually prefers those with positive attitudes but will try to avoid troublemakers without the person in question noticing, her brother is an exception to this rule, since she had been with her older brother for all of her life, she developed loyalty to him.
Most of the time she is patient with others and tolerates most people. If she does have a disliking for someone she never shows it unless her patience had completely run dry. But a disliking for anyone doesn't usually last long depending on what the person is like, after some time she will become neutral to the person. If the hostility does last though, over time she'll become less patient with the person in question and reveal her hatred for them a bit more depending on their actions. The only person she won't try to make friends are those with higher authority over her, due to the fact she terrified senseless of authority figures, she fears punishment so much that she'll obey every rule she can to avoid them.
Skills: Ability to play violin, knowledge of most pokemon that live in the sea.
Past: Aika had lived with five family members for most of her life, those being her mother, father, older brother and grandmother. She didn't get to see her father much, as he was always working over seas far from home. No one really got along with each other except for Aika and her mother. Her mother and brother had always fought ever since her older brother had become depressed and started dropping in grades and breaking rules due to it. But after some time, the fighting had calmed down, only occasional outbursts disturbed the peace.
Family: Setsuna Riptide (Mother), Jonathan Riptide (Father), Carlson Riptide (Older Brother), Ina Riptide (Grandmother)

Pokemon:

Name: Zuzu
Species: Joltik
Ability: Compound Eyes
Personality: Zuzu is a mischievous young pokemon that enjoys getting her trainer, Aika in trouble and scaring her. She's quick and likely to bite strangers. It takes quite a long time for her to warm up to both humans and pokemon. Although the opposite of Aika in personality, even through all the trouble she gets her trainer into Aika and Zuzu both care about each other like sisters.

Last edited:
@Zythefox Looks good! Consider yourself Accepted :)

@Nenkendo123 As much as I hate to say it, I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to grammar and spelling. Rework your character and Pokemon more and I'll take another look, but for the time being I'm afraid you're Not Accepted :(

@Starfall I'd like it if you would flesh out your character and her Pokemon a bit more. Character-wise, all I ask is for a little more info, but Pokemon wise I would appreciate it if you would expand upon Boo's personality. The Pokemon and the way they behave will likely be integral to the story, depending on how the story unfolds, so I would like a little more than Boo simply pranking Lily a lot. (I have a general plot that will branch off in different ways depending on the characters' actions). For now, consider yourself on the Wait List

Last edited:
Edit. Sorry for having a short description I was in a rush ok here we go.
Name: Nenkendo
Hair: Short Red Hair. Normally in a Mohawk
Eyes: Purple
Clothing: Usually in a black shirt with a blue Piplup Print. With Black Jeans That reach to the ankle And is always seen black Shoes with Neon Blue Ascents.
Personality: Nenkendo is a typical teenage boy. Who loves Movies, Video games and sports like soccer and pokemon contests. Witch he watches in secret. Nenkendo also has dreams and aspirations to be the best Pokemon contests trainer to ever live. Nenkendo is also a introvert who has no friends. and at school hides in the conner of the classroom and fails most of his team rocket exams. Nenkendo is also one of the many orphans in the town after team rocket arrested all pokemon trainers in the town. and has no memory of them for they where taken when he was very young.
Skills: Self proclaims that he has no skills and is useless.
Family: Unknown to Nenkendo

Pokemon:

Name: June
Species: Petilil
Ability: Leaf Gard
Personality: June is a shy pokemon with no inclination of her parents. and thinks of Nenkendo as her father. and taks on many of the same characteristics as Nenkendo. and allso has asperations to be a star. Juns is also a loner who dosent make friends easily. But will stand up for anyone if any harm comes there way. While its just as easy to be put on Junes bad side.

PS: Sorry my First Application was so bad. I made it in a rush for I was limited on time.
This looks like a real Fun RP and i hope i can become a part of it

@Nenkendo123
I'm afraid I can't accept your character.

Firstly, he has no outstanding traits or qualities, and seems like he would be a "stick in the mud" per se. I fear his lack of wanting to interact with the others would drag down the story, as that is what it is mainly driven by. How the trainers and their Pokemon react to situations, whether working together or fighting amongst themselves, involves interaction and it seems like Nenkendo wouldn't want anything to do with it.

Secondly, you mentioned several things that DO NOT EXIST in the story. No Pokemon trainers were arrested. Team Rocket simply did what they did best, confiscating the Pokemon for their own use. There is also no Team Rocket academy. They are ruling the citizens through fear, not brainwashing them. Yes, there is a way to join Team Rocket, but it isn't in the form of a written test you can fail, much less retake. Finally, your grammar still needs a bit of work. I know, it's a minor thing, but the rules state that good grammar is required, and it's a personal pet peeve.

It looks like you put significantly more work into your bio this time, but I'm afraid I have to say you are Not Accepted :(

Name: Aida Phoebe
Appearance: Aida is lightly framed, with a slightly plump stature. She is short, about five feet tall, and has fairly dark skin. Though her cheeks are wrinkled at the corners of her lips, and smile broad, and laughter sweet, her almond eyes are almost always shadowed by heavy bags. Aida wears a soft grey sweatshirt that is a size too large, its threads still strongly bound together after years of use, and is almost always found in it, despite the weather often being too hot. When she is not wearing it, the sweatshirt is bound tightly around her waist, revealing a pale blue t-shirt made of thin fabric. Both are adorned with a pokeball on the right sleeve, right near their respective ends, but are otherwise solid in color. The t-shirt, when adorned alone, is often strikingly clean compared to the sweatshirt that, now with contrast, has visibly collected dust in its threads. Accompanying them are a rugged pair of jeans, and two solid black tenneshoes with muddied laces. Her dark brown, near black hair comes raggedly at her shoulders, and is let loose more often than not.
Personality: Though struck with fear, she is persistent, stubborn, and often courageous. When someone else is there to save the day, whether literally or figuratively, she often finds it easier to let them take over and instead cower in the shadows. However, when no one steps up for something important, Aida will stand simply because she knows someone must take the role, and when everyone else is feared, she can recognize that they will be trapped without a leader and momentarily fill the missing spot. She finds the act terrifying and draining, although only recognizes it after the moment, but her services can bring people through chaos, and often create more of a motivator than a real leader. She has an extreme phobia of running water, such as rivers or streams, and often will go out of her way to avoid them, but tries her best to make sure that it does not affect others. However, her strong yet irrational fear can be hard to control. To slightly lesser degrees, Aida fears abandonment, but is more worried that she might abandon others, often staying up at night for fear that in the morning she would not awake. Aida is always, and perhaps will always, struggle against her fears, and this struggle makes her persistent, dedicated, and, by stark contrast to what one might think, courageous. She finds herself best as the role of motivator, always smiling and laughing even when she is terrified, and, if diluted, her fear can fuel her courage. Of course, one's biggest strength, taken too far, can always become one's weakness. Aida's constant struggle over her fears gives her the ability to persist, her endurance the main factor of why she stands, but her will can become troublesome, and at times when retreat is needed, she is too persistent and will not give up, causing herself to stand when sometimes it is necessary only to kneel, stubborn to the point of destruction to herself and to others. On a slightly lighter note, she is fascinated by math, and loves to strategize. She believes in laughter, often seeking it in herself and others.
Skills: A motivator, persistent, and better at planning strategies than actually bringing them into action.
Past: Aida has always lived in this small town. At around seven years of age, her mother and she were walking through the forest, her mother's Pokeballs close at hand. When a swarm of Pokemon, disturbed by something unknown, raged against the two, Aida and her mother were separated.

Picking herself up, the girl thought she would go and look for her mother. Her mother always said that if she got lost, or ended up in the forest alone, she should follow the river, which she could hear running close by, downstream, where it ran through the forest in a large arc, intersected by an abandoned footpath that weaved through the forest. Her mother had said she should wait where the footpath met the river, so Aida followed the sound of the river, and, though uncomfortable at being in such a close proximity to it, she followed it downstream to the footpath.

An hour of waiting, and the skies began to grow angry. The river began to swell. At about this moment, Aida's mother raced up the bank, and the young girl still remembers clearly the angst and terror within the dusty creases of her face, only a few frames of despair as the swelling river splashed out of its banks and dragged Aida into the current.

Both Aida and her mother escaped from the storm relatively unharmed, after her mother resourcefully dug through her bag and released her Floatzel. Life proceeded rather normally after that, but this had been the abyss before the hero's journey could even begin, and Aida had been changed forever.

When Team Rocket invaded their town, Aida was terrified. They stole from her mother and from her the Pokemon she had grown to love, and she was at a loss, fearing that they would take from her her mother as well, though she knew the fear was irrational, and not one of the oppressor's goals. The nightmares returned, and she feared to sleep, paranoid that somehow they would become real and destroy her. Still, Aida remained brave, and laughed through her struggle until now.

Family: Mother is Maji Phoebe. Father hasn't been around since birth, so.... for this purpose, he really doesn't exist.

Pokemon

Name: Theta
Species: Woobat (If not, then Fletchling, as I can't recall whether we specifically decided if that was okay or not, and I don't see it added to the list, although my internet is pretty iffy right now... :p)
Ability: Klutz (Or Big Pecks if Fletchling)
Personality: Curious by nature, Theta desires to learn, listening often to Aida's speeches on math, though admittedly not understanding much, and especially trigonometry, which she studied from her mother's old textbooks that resided in their house. Driven by the urge to discover, she penetrates many barriers, some, like personal space, which probably shouldn't have been destroyed. Not much has been developed in her personality, as she is extremely young, but Theta holds strongest within her the urge for discovery. As far as moral goes, she knows that something is wrong with Team Rocket, but doesn't really have a standard for comparison. She is dedicated to Aida, and tries to merge that with her desires.

Any more room? I'll post this just in case.

Name:
Bailey Lynn
Height: 5'7
Weight: 130 pounds
Hair: A rich Carmel color with blonde highlights in the sun
Eyes: Bright blue
Clothing: Most times she's seen in a long blue cartigan with a white camisole and dark jean shorts. Tennis shoes, mainly blue, are worn along with a brown necklace displaying two overlapping circles.
Identifying Marks: None
Musculature: very Lean in stature, but isn't very muscular. She's has nice balance though.
Personality: Bailey usually doesn't take life very seriously. She's always happy and open to meet new people and get to know new Pokemon. She rarely ever feels down or depressed for whatever reason, but she does have her dark periods. Otherwise she's a very positive person with a very optimistic and upbeat attitude. Bailey is polite and kind, but does get somewhat overconfident at times.
Skills: Other than getting lost all the time? That should be considered one of her skills. Bailey is good at communicating with her Pokemon and she has amazing balance, but that's it.
Past: Bailey was born in Aspertia Unova before moving to the Johto Region. Her father worked away from home and usually was absorbed in his work in Goldenrod. Lily, her mother, was able to stay at home most of the time, but because of that Bailey found her manners being driven into her brain was not the best time spent. Other than her mother's constant lessons on Pokemon and safety (not to mention manners) Bailey was able to roam around. She picked up a love for nature and berries on her little explorations in the woods near where she lived. The young adult never had to go to school because of her mother's knowledge, but sometimes she wished she could join the others in their daily lives- even if that meant being forced to sit in chairs for 8 hours straight. Bailey finally found her passion- traveling- at age 13 when she went to visit her father and wished to travel around the world ever since that day.
Family: Cin Lynn (Father); Lily Lynn (Mother)

Pokemon:

Name: Mei
Species: Buneary
Ability: Cute Charm
Personality: Is more uptight and respectful than Bailey is. While she does pull the occasional joke or prank, the Buneary usually wears a very regal mask. She can be fairly shy to new people, but once she warms up and becomes more comfortable most find that the Buneary has a warm heart and really cares for others.

@Storybook
Holy cow. With such thought put into a character, how could I say no? I feel like I need to update my bio now! Accepted!

@EspeonTheBest
I'm glad you're interested, but for the time being I'll have to move you to the Wait List with Starfall. The reason being is that there is only one spot left, and I'd like to reserve it for a male character. For a small town, a group of two guys and three girls seems more natural than one guy and four girls! You are by no means, however, not accepted. If no one happens to post a male character I like, you have a good chance of being selected :)

No it's alright. Emu said that he wants another male character, and you'll play one. Plus I'm a little busy now, so don't give up your spot Fronteir.

Ok so here is my character:
Name: Omega Carvine
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 200pounds
Hair: White with ginger strands
Eyes: Rusty red with brown flecks
Clothing: Marron hoodie, black jeans that were just a bit large and a black t-shirt with a faded orange and black snapback that pushed down on his hair
Identifying Marks: Freckles spotted around his face and a very good poker face. (Lol)
Musculature: Wide shoulders that lead to a not very muscular torso. Strong legs from long walks. Slender fingers for intricate movements.
Personality:
Upbeat and cheerful, intelligent but afraid of showing it. Loyal to anyone he trusts and will keep faith no matter what happens!
Skills: Artistic and a very good listener.
Past: Even though his parents were famous he never wanted to be reminded of it. His famous actor parents struggled to cope with bringing him up and gave him to his grandmother who was a keen Pokemon trainer when she was younger. She taught him from a very young age how to bond with a Pokemon and helped him any way she could.
Once he was old enough he decided to stay and take care of his grandmother and her Pokemon. This was when he was given a egg by his grandmother.
Family: David Carvine (Father); Emily Carvine (Mother) ; Susan Kindstone (Grandmother)

Pokemon:

Name: Flare
Species: Fletchling
Ability: Gale Wings
Personality: Timid, protective of Omega and loyal, quiet, can be your worst nightmare when provoked, always keen to help Omega in any way he can!
286796_trainercard-OmegaCarvine.png

Technically Omega just Marroon jumper and black jeans. Ignore the cyndaquil lol

Last edited by a moderator:
(Sorry tablet just crashed and had to rewrite my whole thing)
Name: Jake Anistar
Height: 5'8
Weight: 160lbs
Hair: short, black with crimson red highlights
Eyes: naturally brown but seeing as jake needs glasses he wears contacts with red iris
Clothing: plain red shirt, worn leather jacket and ripped, faded jeans
Musculature: he looks kinda fit but his strength and speed is disproportional (he is faster and stronger than he looks)
Identifying marks: a scar down his right eye brow and a small scar mark on his upper lip from he trying to eat a stapler when he was 2
Personality: as one if the eldest kids in the village, jake has had to step up and help out around the village. As suck jake is kind, competitive and a natural leader (or so he has heard he doesn't think that he is) jake also likes to think of the younger kids as his family since he lost his only family member when Team Rocket took over
Skills: jake is very much a people person able to break up fights and stop arguments before they get out of hand, he also has a big heart and is somehow able to see the bright side of anyone or any situation
Past: ever since jake was a baby his father, the village, had been teaching him about the huge variety of Pokemon just waiting to be discovered and captured. So when team rocket showed up and captured his father, a 10 year old jake was left to look after himself. After about 2 rather tough years of near total confinement inside his house, he finally decides to leave his house and reconnect with his friends and the rest of the village
Family: Drake (father) [last seen being dragged out by team rocket goons, probably still locked up inside their base]
Love: ???

Name: Hot shot
Species: fletchling
Ability: Gale Wings
Personality: like jake hot shot loves playing and messing around with the little kids of the village, hot shot also lost a parent when team rocket came through as jakes father was studying the talonflame when he was taken away

Last edited:
I'm brainstorming how to begin my first post (if and when we get everyone and make the actual thread, of course), and was wondering exactly how many years ago Team Rocket invaded, and around how long it took for them to have full control of the town since they first set their sites on it. I know the beginning post says "a few years,'' but I'm also aware that my few is much different than others'.

@Storybook Team Rocket arrived about 4 years prior to the events of the RP. Due to having the element of surprise, Team Rocket was able to subdue the town's trainers in a week. After handling the trainers, it was a matter of a few days until all the remaining Pokemon were confiscated. A few more days of threatening the town, and Team Rocket was in complete control. (I had a rough idea for how to start the RP, but I'm open to suggestions and alright with making changes. As per usual :))

@Frontier Master I'm still a bit unsure who to select as the final RP member, so I will be creating a conversation with the currently selected members. Their opinions will sway my decision, and will help me make the final choice. Until then, please be patient :)

After much deliberation and a rather in-depth look at all of your bios and past posts on other RP's, we have come to a conclusion. EspeonTheBest is to be the final member of the "Uprising" RP.

As much as I would like to include all of you in the RP, it would be too hectic and disorganized to keep it running on track for very long. I'm terribly sorry you were not selected :(