• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Unexpected Alliance {Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP}

"An Exploration Guild? It's sort of like a special place where Pokémon go to form a team and train while exploring Mystery Dungeons and helping other Pokémon in need. Be it a rescue mission, getting an item back or delivering an item to a specific person inside of a dungeon. I am a pseudo-member of the local one... I'm not actually a member but I'm being trained by one..." Explained Chomp, having gotten used to Delta and James' presence enough to stop stuttering

"Oh, that sounds cool!" Delta exclaimed, noticing Chomp had stopped stuttering. "I'm Delta, by the way." She added. "So, this Exploration Guild.. does it have any open spots? It sounds pretty cool, and seeing I have nowhere else to go, it would be the only place to stay I have," She pointed out, staring up at the bright blue sky.

"I'm Chomp the Gible. Luckily, the Guild has enough spots to fit in a few more teams of four into it. First we'd have to get through the foot-print check, and then we'd be able to go see if we could get you into it." Nodded Chomp before his eyes widened and he started shaking as he looked behind Delta

GackGack27

Previously JC499
Jack woke up confused and felt weird and then saw a group of five strange looking animal creatures running off, he decided to go after them to see what they were but did not notice what happened to him.

(I guess I’ll join.)

Name: Hikaru
Species: Togepi
Personality: Hikaru is very kind, a little too much, reserved, and enjoys talking with friends, but not with strangers. He’s also modest, and a big eater.
Appearance: Looks like a regular Togepi, only with a cracked part of his shell a little below his right arm.
Other: Turned from human to pokemon-I mean dragon.

The Togepi had woken up in the middle of a forest, conviently on a stump. He examined the area around him, carefully getting up, and hoping off the stump. Where am I? What is this place...? The Togepi pondered about, before looking at himself. Hopefully he was still his-what was this? Hikaru looked at his stubby hands, before looking down at his feet, and soon grew dizzy.

"Cool." Delta responded. "You think we can do that now? Or should we wait..?" She asked. "I mean, you're the only one who knows where we are right now." She added. She peered around, then noticed that Chomp was staring wide-eyed behind her and had started shaking. "Uh, Chomp? What is it?" She asked, turning around to see what he had.

Behind Delta was a massive Garchomp who easily towered over her, smirking down on her and Chomp "Well, well, well. Look what we have here. My pathetic little brother got some new friends. How... cute..." Smirked the Garchomp viciously as Chomp started to cry a little

GackGack27

Previously JC499
Slowly crept up behind the strange looking "animals" to see what they were (still not noticing what happened to himself) but a huge dragon-like creature got in the way. Jack knew that that wasn't anything like what he had seen before and then knew something was up.

Garchomp heard something from behind him and turned around to face Jack, smiling viciously as he stared down at the Meowth "Well, well, well. A little Meowth has joined the party."

(You wanna make that Garchomp one of your OC's? You can if you want ;) )

Delta whipped around to see a towering and grinning Garchomp, who was facing a Meowth behind her. Delta saw that he had made Chomp start to cry. She growled in defiance at the towering dragon. She fluttered up a bit higher than the bluish-purple Pokemon, in front of him. "Who do you think you are?" She spat at him, getting ready to breathe a hot flame at the Garchomp.

Name: Crunch
Species: Garchomp
Personality: Jerk and over confident
Other: Reportedly appeared out of nowhere before being taken in by a family of the same species

"I'm Crunch. Crunch the Garchomp. Older brother to that pathetic little Gible named Chomp. And you, birdy, are getting in my way while you, Meowth. You are so pathetic if you don't know your own species." Smirked Garchomp as he grabbed Delta with his tail

(Jack, at least 2 lines please.. ;) )

Delta let out a chirp of alarm as the Garchomp grabbed her with his tail. She did something she never knew she could- she breathed a hot flame on Crunch, which she guessed was a Flame Burst. As the dragon let go of her, she flapped higher into the sky, then arrowed down, suddenly having her beak soaked in a pale blusish-white. Delta used Peck on Crunch, her beak suddenly much sharper from using the move.

Crunch just smirks before grabbing Delta with his tail again before throwing her beak first into a tree "You know. If I had to give you a level. I'd say you're a level 10. I, on the other hand, am a level 65." He smirked before covering himself with a blue aura as he charged towards Delta

Delta got up from the blow of the tree just before seeing Crunch charging at her with a blue aura. She swiftly jumped out of the way, firing another Flame Burst at Crunch. She flew up into the trees and watched Crunch down below, rubbing her beak as it throbbed with pain. Delta didn't respond to his words; whatever he said, she honestly didn't care. Suddenly felt a flare of power run through her; she whistled down towards Crunch, using a powerful Brave Bird. Air swept through her feathers and eyes; she was certain she was going too fast to be hit out of the sky. She kept on arrowing through the air, aiming straight at Crunch's chest with her powerful Brave Bird.

Crunch smirks as he jumps out of the way as his chest puffs outwards while light starts coming out of his mouth
"GET OUT OF THERE! HE'S USING HYPER BEAM!" Screamed Chomp in concern and freight before Crunch unleashed the move, firing a beam wide enough that at the very least, Delta would have her wing hit if she tried to dodge it

GackGack27

Previously JC499
(OK :))

Jack looked down at himself and realized something had happened. He had know idea what had happened to him but saw the other strange creatures fighting this big dragon. Noticing he had cat like hands he thought he might be able to help and jumped in and started scratching this dragon-like thing.

The physical contact with Crunch seemed to do more damage to Jack than it did to the dragon. Crunch's Rough Skin activated on every scratch, dealing damage to the Meowth

GackGack27

Previously JC499
Ow! Why the heck did that hurt me? It was supposed to hurt him! "I need to get out of here and figure out what happened to me!" he thought, "but I can't leave these 'animals' to be killed by this thing..."

Crunch smirks before turning towards James "That would be because of my much higher level and my Ability, Rough Skin. Physical moves like that hurt you."

Crunch looks at James weirdly before his eyes widen slightly as he picks up the Meowth "Tell me, are you a human? You seem to act a lot like one."

Crunch grins evilly "Well, this is a world filled with creatures called Pokémon. We Pokémon come in many shapes and sizes. We can use abilities called Moves. Like this one..." Crunch stated as his left claw started growing see-through scales on it, making it grow longer

"This is a move. A move known as Dragon Claw. And you might be wondering why you were turned into a Meowth, right? Well, that comes down to a rule of this world..." Crunch smirked as Chomp's eyes widened
"GET OUT OF THERE!" Chomp shouted
"No. Humans." Smirked Crunch as he swung his claw down at Jack

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
... One liners, OOC comments in the middle of an RP thread, present-tense RPing... Evidently none of you read the rules.

This will not do.

This is your first and final warning, folks. If this thread continues breaking the RP forum rules, it will be locked.

NAME: (none)
Species: Venonat
Personality: Shy and Smart always have one strategy and knows a lot about pokémon moves
but don't have many friends
Other: If has one of his books can use moves that normally can't use (Example: Close combat)(DRAGONS)

Hi... how is everyone? i'm Venonat

Last edited:
(Renan, we have already gotten a notice for one liners. Please don't make us get another, and you are missing another thing before you can RP.)

Delta swiftly dodged the Hyper Beam, swooping to the side, then continued to fly at Crunch. Just before the dragon-Pokemon hit Jack with the Dragon Claw, she hit him with a powerful impact, making him loose balance, and from what it looked like, knocking the breath out of him. Breathing for air, she hissed angrily at him, "We didn't ask to be turned into humans!"

Crunch just stood there smirking slightly "Just a question for you. You and the Meowth are humans, correct? Well, I just have to ask, what makes you think you can beat me? I’m one of the best fighters in our town. You may be faster than I predicted, but I can adapt to that." He smirked before his tail shot towards Delta faster than she could see before wrapping around her in such a way that she wouldn’t be able to peck him

Delta winced as she was caught in Crunch's tail, unable to move. Not wanting to say this at all, she said as she gasped for air, "I give up. Just let me go." She admitted in defeat. She could feel her strength draining; even if she didn't want to admit defeat, she knew it was the only thing possible to do. Gasping for air once more, she hoped Crunch would let her go.

Suddenly the temperature in the area seemed to drop heavily before a blue dragon-like body of energy slammed into Crunch as hard as it could, releasing Delta from his grip as Chomp walks next to her, eyes filled with anger

Delta fell to the ground, feathers ruffled and messy. She looked up and saw that Chomp had attacked Crunch, releasing her from his grip. Getting to her talons, she looked at Chomp, who's eyes were full of anger. "Thanks," She said, then looked back to Crunch. "Surely he won't be happy.." She muttered, suddenly growing concerned again.

True to Delta's word, Crunch stormed back towards the two, his eyes filled with rage "You little brat! How dare you attack me like that!" He shouted as he stomped closer to Delta and Chomp before the smaller dragon's chest puffed up along with his cheeks as a slight glow escaped his mouth

Last edited:

GackGack27

Previously JC499
"Hey! Don't you hurt them!" Jack yelled as he ran toward them to try to stop Crunch from hurting Chomp, he still didn't know what was going on, but he wanted to help the nice ones.

Name: Scira
Species: Piplup
Personality: Scira doesn't emote very much, rarely giving off more than a small smile or frown. Generally being cool and aloof, she rarely opens up more to other Pokemon. The Piplup was considered more of a listener than a speaker, but that doesn't mean she doesn't hold an opinion.
Appearance: A Piplup with the Shiny coloration of turquoise. She has a scar on her left wing and carries some kind of food odor from her cooking, whether saccharine or something more savory.
Other: Is a Pokemon native to this world. Also I like dragons.

Scira was dropping by the Exploration Guild to join it. Being on an exploration team is an excellent source of income, whether it was from uncovering treasure or taking on some high-level rescue or outlaw mission.

Coming close to the guild, she caught site of a Garchomp doing battle with a Pikipek and a Meowth. Already the Piplup could see the heavy disadvantage in this fight. She's going to wait this one out though. She wasn't stupid enough to incur the Dragon-type's wrath on herself, whatever had happened to incite this battle. It won't kill her to wait a few minutes until the brawl is over.

Just before Jack could get in front of Chomp, the Gible fired a sphere of energy directly at Crunch's chest, knocking the bigger dragon back before the orb started to carry him higher and higher into the air, going high into the sky before it exploded, knocking Crunch higher into the air before Chomp fired a beam of purple energy out of his mouth at Crunch, launching him far away before the Gible fell over, tired "I...Actually used... Draco... Meteor..." He panted

The turquoise Piplup stepped forward.
"Not everyday you see a low-level Dragon-type use Draco Meteor."
Her tone was monotone, almost bored. Almost like this was the least interesting thing she's seen all day. She had a faint scent of fried Oran Berries.
"Are you all here to sign up at the guild too?" Scira asked.