• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Unexpected Alliance {Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP}

Hi! Welcome to the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :)

Here are the rules:

• No being rude to people, only their OC if you wish
  • No detailed 'relationships', though crushed and regular 'relationships' are allowed
  • No cursing
  • No being overpowered
  • If you are not sure about a Pokemon you want to be, you can ask me in parentheses on the same form, just add an alternative if I don't allow it :)
  • You must start off as at a first stage Pokemon unless you are a higher trained guild Pokemon
  • No humans (Unless you were turned into a Pokemon)
  • The boss battles won't be legendaries
  • Put the password in the Other section after ups
  • The password is Dragons ;)
My sheet:

Name: Delta
Species: Pikipek

Personality: Can be outgoing, kind of stubborn, very brave, can be open with her feelings but can be private with them, too. Nice almost always, but not afraid to tell you off.
Appearance: Regular Pikipek, with a dark red Joy Ribbon
Other: Turned from a human

Delta woke up on, feeling drowsy. Confused why her hands felt flail-y to get up, she looked down and saw something she thought she would have never seen in her life- she had wings. With feathers. And she had an actual beak- what had happened to her? Realizing she was on a beach, she hurried over to where the crystal blue waves were washing up. She peered inside, and saw she was a Pikipek! A POKEMON! What had happened to her? Why was she here? And were there more Pokemon like her?

Name: X (lol edgy much)
Species: Unown X
Gender: ??? (use 'he') (i guess i could just say 'male') (i won't)
Personality: He's usually pretty chill. X might try to live up to being an Unown by being mysterious, but he really can't. X is a strong feeler (if you know what I mean by that), so just. Acknowledge that. He's also just kinda there, most of the time.
Appearance: Regular Unown X, spare for the purple eye.
Other: Made from human
Other Other: dragons ;)

X woke from his slumber, discovering himself laying on some sand. That's weird. He stood up, but immediately acknowledged that he was floating. "Wh?" He looked down, his whole body turning. The Psychic type whipped around, trying desperately to put pieces together. What pieces? He didn't know. X spotted some bird staring at the water surprised, so he floated over to it absentmindedly. "U-uhm, do you perhaps know, where we are?" X asked. He also noticed his limbs were fixed in an X fashion, but that probably was the least of his problems.

Name: Lily
Species: Ralts
Personality: Spunky, shy, adventurous, creative, thoughtful
Appearance: Normal Ralts, wears a dark purple scarf
Other: Has always been a pokemon ((DRAGONS))

Ralts picked up a seashell and placed it in sack before noticing a pokemon on the beach.
"HEY! EXCUSE ME!" Lily yelled at the bird pokemon, waving her hands in the air

X heard yelling, presumably aimed at this bird thing, but turned to the Screamy Thing anyways. "Uh, hello!" The eye yelled. "Do you know where in the world we are?" He continued. X noticed what the thing looked like, and it's appearance rung a bell. X looked back and forth between the bird and the Shell Carrier with an almost disgusted look. Are these Pokemon? God, this is weird.

Lily's attention jolted to the Unknown. "Hey! you!" she waddled towards the thing. She wondered why these pokemon were here considering there were no new recruits she knew of

As soon as X caught Screamy Shell Carrier's attention, he knew he would somewhat regret that choice. "U-uh, yeah?" he replied. Isn't that thing the pre-evolution of that thing everyone likes? In an inappropriate way? X questioned himself. Why didn't whatever sent me here bring my pokemaniac friend here too? The eyeball pokemon wished. "I-I still don't know where I am." he mumbled.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Hola.

Name: James
Species: Emolga
Personality: Kind of shy, actually. He'd rather prefer to be in a smaller group. He also is kind. However, being turned into a Pokemon is very confusing, so he's acting very different.
Appearance: Just a regular emolga.
Other: Once was a Homo Sapien Sapien. Dragons suck!.

James woke up, yawning. He attempted to rub his eyes, but his little arms could barely reach his eyes. What the? James suddenly snapped awake, as he was more asleep than awake. He stared down at himself. His hands were now... PAWS? He chuckled. I am definitely dreaming. James stood up, before smashing face first into the sand. He realized he was at a beach. James sighed, and attempted to stand up again. He was not used to having little stubby legs. James smacked himself in the face, and did not wake up. He was not dreaming. "WHAT THE HECK?" He screamed loudly, before running up to the dark blue waves. He looked into them to see what he looked like...

Last edited:
(Nice everyone ^^ )
(Btw, Dragons do not suck Froakie'sFrubbles! D; )

Delta whipped around, seeing 3 new Pokemon she hadn't seen before. One of them had called her attention- she assumed it was the Ralts, and answered, "Yes? Do you know where we are?" She peered around, growing slightly nervous. He saw an Emolga, looking confused as well. "Hey, do you know this place?" She asked him. She was desperate to find out what in the world was going on here.

X looked around confusedly to the three other things. At least everyone flocks to water. "Hey, I'm asking that same question!" X exclaimed jokingly. "So I'm not the only newbie." He continued. Always good to have friendships, even if they're forced. Is it too early to proclaim friendships? Probably. The psychic type took a good look at the emolga, and deduced that he was best friend material at the moment. "Oh, I'm X, by the way. I guess it explains the appearance, huh?"

Name: Chomp
Species: Gible
Personality: Quiet, shy and reserved, not easily angered. Shows kindness beyond his shyness
Appearance: Shiny with a black scarf around his neck
Other: Dragons.

Chomp walked down to the beach, having heard quite a commotion coming from the beach before he came upon the growing group of Pokémon at the beach, he decided to walk up to Emolga before putting his stubby arm on their shoulder "Um... A-are you... A-alright?"

Last edited:

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James jumped from Chomp's sudden appearance. He turned around. What the heck is this thing? And why can I understand it? I have so many questions... James sighed. "I guess so...". James eyed his new form. He only just noticed he had flaps of skin between his paws and body. He knew enough about flying squirrels when he was a human to know what this was for. He decided to try that later.

Chomp noticed that the Emolga had been looking over itself, so he asked the only question that came to his mind "A-are you c-confused?" He asked, his eyes showing some kind of mix between confusion and pity "Oh! I...I forgot to introduce myself... I'm C-Chomp... Chomp the Gible."

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Uhhhhhhh..... Yes." James sighed. "WHAT THE HECK AM I?" James violently shook his little paws up and down. "AND WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU?!" James sighed. "I'm sorry, I'm just going insane. But seriously though, I don't even know what the heck I am. Definitely not a human anymore!"

"Ahh!" Screamed Chomp, surprised by the Emolga's sudden outburst "Um... w-well... You a-are an Emolga... A flying and e-electric-type Pokémon... a-and I am a G-Gible... a ground and d-dragon-type P-Pokémon..." He stuttered, shaking quite a bit "D-do you h-have amnesia?"

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James shook his head. "I do not have amnesia." He sighed. "I wasn't whatever the heck an 'emolga' is before this. I just woke up like this! What even is a Pokemon?" James sat down on the sand. "I was HUMAN! Not whatever I am now! And I didn't live on the beach. I seriously don't know what's going on."

"Oh... I... Well. S-sir... w-why don’t I t-try to h-help y-you?" Offered Chomp "I d-don’t k-know what a h-human is... b-but! I’m s-sure t-there must be a b-book on t-them that c-could help..."

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Surely a book can't transform somebody." James responded. "I think... I think I'm just stuck like this. Forever." James sighed. "And I barely even know how to use my own body!" James sighed again.

Chomp hands James a book called 'How to be an Emolga, for Ditto' "H-here... This b-book m-might help you l-learn y-your new b-body..."

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
(what the heck, that's totally a book xD)

James shook his head. "Where do you even get a book like that? What is a 'Ditto'? And, I'm pretty sure a book won't help. It seems to be for someone who already is a pokemon." He sighed. "I'll be back, I'm going to go find something to eat." James ran off, trying not to trip on his little stubby feet. He wasn't too fast that he would trip, thankfully. He went inland into the forest. He stopped and looked up at a tree. APPLES! It had apples in it! James didn't really eat apples, but he felt compelled to it, like iron filings to a magnet. After a while, he climbed the tree and took an apple.

One problem. He was now stuck in a tree, how could he get down. He only realized that after he at the apple. James remembered the flaps of skin acting like wings.

3.... 2.... 1.... James jumped off and spread his arms. The wind blew him straight into the trunk of another tree, knocking him out....

(Please type 2 lines at least so this thread doesn't get shut down by you know who ;) )

Delta made her way over to the forest, seeing the other Pokémon starting to travel that way. As she was trotting through the trees, she looked down and remembered her wings. Guess I should make use of what I have, She thought, stopping in her tracks and wildly flapping her wings. She sighed, the method not working. Instead, she took a running start, threw out her wings, and took off into the air. She faltered at first, but she was actually flying! After a while of soaring through the sky, she saw Chomp, the sudden Gible who had appeared helping the first Pokémon she met, an Emolga. She immediately got worried and dropped down. "Is he okay?" She asked, her eyes flicking up and down, trying to identify any wounds.

"I... I don't... k-know... h-he climb t-this t-tree to g-get an a-apple... then w-when he t-tried to g-glide down, he h-hit into t-the trunk of t-the tree... I’m C-chomp by t-the way..." Stated Chomp as he picked up the Emolga onto his back, which was understandably difficult for him.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
(I changed James's Personality.)

James shook awake. "I should definitely prac-" He noticed that Chomp was carrying him. He squirmed until it was impossible to grab him, and then jumped off. "Where the heck are you taking me?" This is very weird.... "Why the heck are you carrying me?"

"W-well... Y-you knocked y-yourself o-out s-so I was g-going to t-take you to t-the d-doctor around h-here..." Mumbled Chomp shyly "I-I'm very s-sorry if it w-was w-weird of m-me to d-do that... I'm n-not that g-good with other P-Pokémon..." He stated as he tugged on the scarf around his neck awkwardly

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James looked around. "Wait, there's a doctor here? I can only see forests." James responded. "Yeah, about being knocked cold... I kind of need to get used to flying..." James started to think about what his new form can do. He remembered seeing that his cheeks were a different colour than his head. What is that supposed to mean.

Chomp gives the book he gave James earlier back to him "T-this b-book will h-help... I-it has t-the b-biology o-of E-Emolga... S-so y-you can r-read up on w-what you are n-now... A-and to a-answer on w-what a Ditto i-is. D-Ditto is a P-Pokémon t-that can t-transform into a-anything. T-that book i-is a-about h-how f-for a D-Ditto to act l-like an E-Emolga and u-use the b-body... I-it might h-help you u-use your b-body b-better..."

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Once again-" James started. "I do not need a book to learn how to exist! Watch!" James hopped up a tree and jumped off. He spread his arms. He was a bit stable, at least he thought he was. He didn't know how to go up or down, or left to right. James deduced how to go up and down by spreading out his paws less or more. He suddenly noticed he was flying a bit too far. He looked down to see that the beach was starting to fade into ocean. "NO! NOT AGAIN!!!!" James started to go down, and landed in the water.

The water felt nice, and salty, and wasn't too deep for him yet. It was only up to his waist. He sighed. Thank god! He got to swim at the beach by accident!

Chomp is trying his best to hold something in to stop himself from doing something. Sadly that was a futile effort "HAHAHAHAHAHA!" He laughed, clearly amused at what the Emolga in the water had done "W-wanna try that a-again? Maybe use a M-move next time? Hahaha." He asked, half sarcastically and half truthfully honest

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
(Hey, Jarceus. Just so you know, you need to write in past tense. :) )

James walked out of the water. "Well, I didn't die. The water's nice, at least." James started up again. "Wait, use a move? What does that mean?" James sighed. I still have a lot to learn. But, why am I here? What's the point of me being transformed into an Emolga. Oh well.

(Alright then)

"O-oh... Y-you don't know... L-let me s-show you w-what I m-mean..." Mumbled Chomp as he stopped moving before he gagged on something before he fired a ball of energy out of his mouth into the sky, which exploded into nothing but smoke "I s-still c-can't d-do it..."

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"What?!" James said in awe. "How the heck is that possible? I wanna do that!" James said. He had no clue how to do any sort of move, nor did he even know what moves he could even perform. "How do I even do a move? AGHHHH...."

"W-well... Y-you are an E-emolga s-so t-that m-means you c-can use e-electric and f-flying-type m-moves... T-the m-main o-organs that c-create e-electricity i-in your b-body should b-be i-in your c-cheeks..." Stated Chomp as he picked up a rock from the ground before putting it on a tree stump "T-try t-thinking of e-electricity f-flying out of y-your cheeks a-and at t-the rock..."

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Well that's helpful." James responded sarcastically. James thought for a bit. How the heck would I summon electricity... James rubbed his cheeks. They immediately sparked a bit. Okay, then. James crouched down, and attempted to charge the electricity. After a few seconds, a burst of electricity blasted out of James's cheeks, hitting a tree nowhere near the rock. James sighed.

"H-hey! A-at least t-that is a s-start! Y-you c-can't just j-jump into t-things and e-expect to h-have it d-down p-perfectly on t-the f-first t-try. K-keep practising a-and I'm s-sure y-you'll get it d-down!" Smiled Chomp as he patted James on the shoulder "B-but... W-what is y-your name? Y-you h-haven't t-told me i-it y-yet..."

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Oh, heh. I guess I forgot to tell you." James responded. "My name's James." James attempted to do the move again, he got a little closer, but not really. "Sheesh this is hard, and I don't even really know the purpose of this. Anyways, this is also kind of boring..."

GackGack27

Previously JC499
Name: Jack
Species: Meowth
Personality: Willing to get hostile if needed
Appearance: Regular Meowth
Other: Turned from a human

Dragon

(I don't know how to join in...)

"Well... James, doing this will help you defend yourself incase someone attacks you. That or if you are stupid enough to go into a Mystery Dungeon unprepared." Chomp sighed, already being fed up with James' attitude towards things that'll help him

(Well, Jack, you could possibly drop in, in the most literal sense possible. Or wake up nearby, really, if it makes logical sense and doesn't much get in the way, my hope is that it'll be ok with the others in the RP.)

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
(what @Jarceus said.)

"Hold up. I feel like my head will explodeeeee....." James started. "First of all, I don't even know where the heck we are, why I became a Pokemon, and I don't even know how to use my own body. Also, I don't know anything about moves at all. All of that was giving me a headache. Now Mystery Dungeons? Whatever they are. I didn't hope to go back to school again..........." James sighed and sat down.

"Excuse me for asking but.. well... what is school?" Chomp asked confused "Is that some kind of... Exploration Guild or something?" He asked as he picked up a rock before throwing it into the sea, it bouncing quite a distance

(What they said; just hop in sensibly!)

Delta had followed by Chomp and James' sides, still confused about the whole Pokemon thing, and not wanting to get left behind. She hadn't said anything, until now, not wanting to interrupt their conversation. "Wait, what's an Exploration Guild?" She asked, her eyes trailing after the rock that had been thrown into the sea.