• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The UK pokemon tournament that is coming up???

I was just browsing the rules and noticed the pokemon that are banned from the tournament. I understand why the legendaries are banned, but why garchomp, rotom, wynaut, and wombuffet??

Garchomp and Wobbuffet are considered Ubers and are in the same class as most of the more powerful legendary pokemon. I believe this is due to their move sets and certain stats they have. However I'm not sure on why Wynaut & Rotom are banned maybe some one else knows, I hope that helps. ;)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
It was decided that Wynaut is just as lethal as Wobb when used properly, even with the lower stats. Seems most of the online competitive battlers agreed with that feeling, too, so it was added to the list.

As for Rotom, pretty sure that was originally set due to the various formes and not everyone yet having access to them. Someone can correct me otherwise.