• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Uglies

(Stop getting so ahead while I'm not here!)

Cinnamon merely sighed, barely able to process all of the commotion happening around her. She really wanted to be out of here, and in a home of her very own. She didn't even have to be someone's partner Pokemon, to be used in battles, or showcases...In fact, she'd be happy if she were taken in by some little old lady. Some little old lady, who'd pet her, and give her fresh milk in the mornings, and sit with her by the fire and let her...That was all she wanted.

(Yes, of course)

Cinnamon glanced over, and to her surprise, everything she'd ever dreamed of had come through the door. A little old lady, small and plump and with greying hair, was asking the staff for a zigzagoon.

"Oh crap!" Beep said, excited for Cinnamon. "Quick, act natural!" Beep exclaimed, starting to go bug-eyed and just swam randomly around his tank. He had high hopes for Cinnamon, as he did for every pokemon here. "Here comes even more tension." Beep said, looking over at Feathers. Noticing Feathers was awake, he rejoiced to himself. He'll tell the others after the old lady left, hopefully with Cinnamon.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
(Yes, of course)

Cinnamon glanced over, and to her surprise, everything she'd ever dreamed of had come through the door. A little old lady, small and plump and with greying hair, was asking the staff for a zigzagoon.
You just double posted, while trying to reply to your own post...

IC:
Feathers still could not move, and he did not know why. He tried to ask what happened to him, but no sound came out of his mouth. Nothing. Silence. His hearing felt weird as well. Everything he heard was kind of distorted in a way. He wished he could go back before the accident, where he could fly, speak, move, and explore. Roam. He could not do any of these now, and amongst panic, he started to feel sad for himself in a way he had never been. He also now had stitches in his head, which he couldn't see if it was okay. He only knew he had those stitches, is because they kind of tingled.

Beep swam over to the side of the tank which Feathers was on. "Hey Feathers, how'd it go?" Beep asked, half hoping Feathers didn't forget anything from the pass-out. Beep kept an eye on the old lady, in hopes that she'll get Cinnamon. Cinnamon seemed the most desperate out of every pokemon in here.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Feathers could barely hear Beep. He could notice Beep saying things, but it got distorted in his brain, and so he couldn't understand what Beep was saying. Feathers looked and was confused. He couldn't understand why he couldn't understand Beep. Feathers tried to speak back once more, but no sound came.

"Ah. I get it. Don't worry. We'll try tomorrow." Beep said reassuringly to Feathers. He looked back at Cinnamon, hopefully to find the old lady looking over at her.

Cinnamon watched, and waited. The old lady took brief glances at the other zigzagoons. And then she went to examine Cinnamon.

"Excuse me, mister, could I get a closer look at that zigzagoon?"

Cinnamon's heart leapt in her throat. She wanted to look at her. She actually wanted to look at her...

Beep froze up. He hadn't been this excited for something in a while. As Cinnamon was being picked up, he smiled and mouthed "Work for it.". Oh my goodness.

Name:
Pepe
Species:
Croagunk
Other:
His leg is broken, and it hurts him to move around.
Pepe was carried into a room full of kennels. Looking around, he saw many trainers looking at pokemon in said kennels. Soon, he was placed in a cage next to an aquarium with a quilfish inside. Pepe climbed to his feet, and limped over to a chair placed inside the pen. With each step, he went, "Ow, Dang it, Ow." Until he reached the seat.

Pepe groaned at the comment. "What makes you say that? The cast? Or the fact I can't walk?" He said to the quilfish. "I'm called Pepe, some kind of a 'dead meme' but seems more of an insult than a joke." Pepe has groan quite rude after his previous trainer left him with a broken leg, and tends to take his anger out on other pokemon.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
In the blur of his vision, Feathers could see a new Pokemon come in. He couldn't tell what they looked like. This was horrible. Feathers was forced to be a shell of a creature, unable to interact with anyone. This, he had hated. He wished he could just be back to normal. He didn't know that he was recovering fast. He could talk, but it was more gibberish than speech.

Cinnamon glanced over at the newcomer, but her attention was quickly diverted back to the old lady, who was now being let into her pen. This was, quite possibly, her one chance at adoption, and she did not want to blow it.

Beep said "Come on already!" to himself, noticing that the lady was taking a looooong time to just get on with it. He chuckled to himself about something. British accents were always so funny to him. "Mimikyu lover, you gotta actually write something." He said to himself.

(@Mimikyu Lover you don't need permission to be in)

Last edited:
Name: ???
Species: Joltik (?)
Other: Joltik is blind and is very panic prone. (Why he was abandoned by his trainer? Will be revealed in the roleplay.)

Hands cupped the little Joltik as fear rushed through its mind. It remembered being thrown through the air followed by an evil laugh, and hitting a tree branch before he couldn't feel or think anything, like he fell asleep. Fainted - thats the word. Then he must've rolled off the branch and into some grass, as he could feel strands of green tickling his fur, before now, hands were cupping him. He didn't know what hands. He didn't know what was happening. The hands lifted him up off the grass and the Joltik was just about awake. He tried to smell his surroundings and feel where he was, but his smell wasn't very good and the hands were cupping him tight.

A streak of panic went through his mind again. "Am I being taken from David?" He thought to himself, unaware that was his trainer throwing him away after he decided to not evolve. "No! Don't take me away from him!" The little Joltik thought to himself as he struggled and flailed around in the hand, when the person cupping him let go a little, being a bit more gentle. "No! You're taking me away from him!" He thought as he quickly ran over to his captor's thumb and opened its little jaws, biting the thumb as hard as he could. He heard a little noise from the person which he couldn't identify as laughing or pain.

"This one's a little beast!" She laughed, stroking Joltik's head softly. She appeared to be in no pain at all, which annoyed him, although when the feminine sounding lady (he wasn't sure whether this was a girl or boy) began to stroke his head he relaxed a bit and let go all the panic. He rested slightly in her hand, telling himself if he was getting taken away from David it was a good reason. David loved Joltik after all, didn't he? The tiny yellow spider stared sadly into his view of blackness, thinking of reasons David didn't love him, which didn't help him trust this person and made him depressed.
"He didn't give me a name... he would only use Flygon in battle...well, I am blind though. He always gave Flygon cuddles and Pokepuffs and special treats like Lava Cookies and Moomoo Milk...and ignored the rest of us." He thought to himself gloomily, then noticing the person's shoes tapping on the floor and going up. Stairs was his best guess.

"Where are we going?"
He thought, terrified. He heard two doors opening and an air of warmth hit him, something he hadn't felt in a long time - warmth. David, him and the other Pokemon travelled across the region, never staying somewhere, always camping out. He sat still in the ladies hand as the woman walked through what he assumed was a building, when the lady stopped and began to talk somebody at the front counter. Joltik was shortly picked up by another person and he panicked, but the lady stroked his head lovingly before the other lady previously holding him picked up a cage from somewhere. He was carefully placed into it and the top was closed. He heard a flap open at the top of his cage and a packet of food designed for bug types was poured into a bowl. He assumed this was what happened - he could only hear. He wasn't sure where the bowl was though.

He could hear the woman who'd just poured the food walking away now, and heard something swimming next to him, chuckling. "DON'T ATTACK ME!" He shrieked suddenly, quickly backing away from where the swimming and chuckling noises were and bumping into the back of his cage. He backed right into a corner of the cage and hid himself inside his electrifying fur. By accident the little Joltik formed a small jolt of electricity and shot it off in front of him, flying in the direction he thought the swimming Pokemon was. He didn't say sorry and continued hiding himself inside his fur, panicking and thoughts racing through his mind. "Where am I? What am I doing here? Where is David? Who are these people? Why am I in a cage? Why is there something swimming and laughing next to my cage?" He panicked, terrified, wishing he wasn't blind.

(Oh dear... just realised this is very long. Sorry! I would love to be in this roleplay though!)

Last edited by a moderator:
(It's alright, i thought this one would be dead!)

Beep was shocked. Pun intended. "O o f. Sorry to scare you. I don't mean harm." He said, drifting himself toward whichever direction was left for a pokemon to be put beside him. "Welcome to the.... The uhhh... Marukawa Pokemon Centre." Beep said, using his most calming voice. "Don't be scared," He cooed. "We're all nice here. Well, most of us." Beep glared at Pepe.

"I'M NOT SAFE HERE!" The little Joltik shrieked alarmingly loudly in a squeaky voice, completely terrified. It backed even further into the corner, wishing it could see. That would never come true. Unless there was some Pokemon invention to make Pokemon un-blind. Super unlikely. The little Joltik calmed itself down a tiny bit to talk to whatever was talking to him. "Please! Where am I, and what am I doing here? And where is my trainer, David? Is he mad with me for not evolving?!" The Joltik began to ask questions as calmly as it could (not very calm at all) but then went into maximum panic overdrive. It speedily ran out the corner, turned around and tried to time his movement perfectly so he could climb up the wall. He charged into the wall and jumped before he hit it, beginning to climb up the metal bars on the cage slowly and carefully. Even though he was blind he could still move around fine, just not as good. He climbed onto the ceiling of the cage and hung upside down. He had no idea why, he just felt calmer on the ceiling. Or maybe he was on the floor?! It sucked to be blind. He wasn't stupid enough to think he was actually on the floor of the cage for another second though. He knew he was on the ceiling. He awaited the creature's response, hoping it did respond.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Calm yourself, little buggy." Pepe said to the Joltic that came in. Noticing the glare from the Quilfish, he looked over to Beep. "What was that for? I am extremely nice."

"Alright. I just have seem to forgot some character sheets." He said. "Don't worry, little guy. This is Marukawa Pokemon Centre, a place where every hurt or injured pokemon gets a chance to recover and, hopefully, be adopted!" He flipped himself upside down, to see the little guy better. "I have no idea who your David person is, but it seems like he abandoned you. For not evolving." Beep winced. How could i be that mean? Was that even mean? "You'll be alright here. Everyone is nice, you get food on a regular basis, and there's trained medical.... people here." He saw that the Joltik was jumping around everywhere kinda strange, and that his eyes were... strange, he assumed the little Joltik was blind. Beep tried to give off a soothing aura because of that. Qwilfish weren't normally that calm, but the Joltik couldn't see, so he had that advantage.

The old lady bent down, gently calling Cinnamon over to her. Cinnamon obeyed, making sure to bound over eagerly, but not too eagerly. She sniffed at the old lady's outstretched fingers. The old lady smiled. All was going well so far.

She reached out to pet her. Cinnamon began to purr, as soon as her hand met her fur. She hadn't been given affection like this in...She'd never been given affection like this.

The old lady smiled. "My, aren't you just darling?" she commented, reaching down to pick Cinnamon up. The little zigzagoon felt like she could burst with happiness.

Beep's eyes widened. "Oooooooh." It was happening. He watched the scene. Heartwarming. That was the word. He'll get back to the Joltik in a second. "Yay, Cinnamon!" He whispered. This was a struggle. Writing this. He doesn't know why.

Joltik panicked as it hid in its own fluff on the ceiling of its cage before listening to the Pokemon. "He abandoned me?" Joltik whispered quietly, on the verge of tears. Sadness rushed through its mind. "H-he actually, just, abandoned... me?" The Joltik repeated, barely audible as a tear appeared out the corner of its eye. It slid down its face and fell down to the ground of his cage as he clung onto the ceiling, but then he dropped himself down, landing on his back. It hurt, but he ignored it. "But..." The Joltik started sobbing, tears flooding out its little white eyes as it puffed up its fur to cover his face. He thought David loved him...?

Cinnamon was abruptly let go, as the old lady got up, calling over a member of staff.

What they said was a blur, until the very end. Cinnamon's little heart nearly stopped when the old lady said, "I'd like to adopt that zigzagoon."

The staff member nodded, and went with her to choose a carrier. Cinnamon was left alone.

"I can't believe it," she cried, "I'm getting adopted...I'm actually getting adopted!"

"Oh jeez. I'm torn." Beep said. He turned to Cinnamon, saying "Yeah! You worked hard, and got the prize!" Beep spun around in his tank. "I hope you'll have a good time!" He quickly swan over to the Joltik. "One second, little buddy. I'll be right back." Beep said, and then went back to Cinnamon. "Woo!"

Tears began to form in Cinnamon's eyes. "This is everything I ever wanted...Oh, I can't wait to have a home of my own!"

Cinnamon cpuld see it now; curling up by the fireplace on a cold day, being given fresh milk in the mornings, going on morning walks, to have other people comment on what a darling little pokemon she was...She couldn't wait.

"We'll all be sad to see you go, Cinnamon. Well, happy and sad. It's nice to see people go, for they'll get a nice home, but it's sad, that they'll leave." He was rambling to himself. "Anyway, we're all happy. For various reasons." He said, glancing over at the Meowth who hated everyone there. "And, for any reason whatsoever, we're all here for you."

"Well, I did hear the old lady say that her granddaughter was looking to adopt a pokemon, so, maybe you, or someone else here will be next," Cinnamon replied, "If they can find a pokemon like me a home, they can find anybody a home!"

"Ooooh, maybe." He replied. Beep swan around his tank, excited for Cinnamon. "Maybe that Joltik'll get adopted." He glanced toward the Joltik, who was still bawling. "Uhhhhhhhh."

Cinnamon glanced up at an employee, who was openeing a carrier door for her. It was already decked out with a blanket, and her favourite toys.

The zigzagoon took a last glance back at Beep. "I guess this is it," she began, "See you around."

Name: Darling
Species: Skitty
Condition: Blind since birth. Her mother abandoned her since she couldn’t see where she was going.

Darling woke up in a kennel to the same familiar blackness. She rotated her ears to get a sense of her surroundings. “ Hello? Where am I? Is anyone there? “ She called out.

Last edited:

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"See ya later." Beep said, with a smile. "...Alligator." He then slowly and dramatically turned back to the Joltik. "How ya doin'?" Beep asked. "Hey, Feathers. Feathers. Cinnamon is being adopted."

@JamesDaFluffyOtter
I would of replied sooner, but I was at camp. I had no electronics.

IC:
Feathers heard Beep trying to speak to him, but Feathers was still recovering, so all he could hear was a jangled mess of syllables. He wish he could tell Beep that he wasn't ignoring Beep to be rude, but because Feathers couldn't understand. He sat down to think, but thinking was a little bit hard...

"Oh yeah." Beep said, in reply to Feathers' not commenting. "Alright. Little buggy, what...... uhh......." He went braindead for a second. "How do I.... How do i calm you down?" He asked the Joltik. "Uhhh..... Yeah."

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Everything that just happened was a blur to Feathers, still unable to see and hear properly. He could start to make out a few words, Jol- he couldn't understand the rest of the word, but he heard the beginning a few times to hear the first few letters. Feathers opened his mouth to ask what everything was, instead of a jangled mess, he could speak clearly. Well, Feathers couldn't tell because his hearing was still messed up. "What's g-g-oing on...?"

"Oh! Uh..." Beep exclaimed, surprised at such a recovery. "I'm just talking to a new one." He said, almost cooing. "Go to sleep, Feathers. See how you are in the morning." It was getting pretty late, as the light from the parking lot were shining through the lobby. "It's bed time."

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Feathers could tell Beep was saying something, but his hearing was still messed up. He looked out the window, it looked pretty late, so he plopped down on his pillow, and fell asleep, or at least tried to.

Darling was desperate to find out where she was. The last thing she could remember was her mother leaving her in a city. She must have fallen asleep or something. She got so scared, she curled up in the corner of her kennel and began to weep.