• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Triad

Okay I'm not sure if this belongs in this thread or not but it does involve the 5th gen.

Okay me and a friend got into an argument over this and it's who the 'Shadow Traid' are. I personally think they are just strong trainers or Ghestis personal minions who may have a bigger part in the third game if a third game will ever exist.
He thinks the Shadow's are the Triplets, the first gym leaders. Just because they are the only leaders who don't have any kind of role in the story other than being the first leaders and because they are the only gym leaders that don't show up to help at the end if you know what I'm talking about.

So what are your opions of this arument I'm in?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Snortale said:
He thinks the Shadow's are the Triplets, the first gym leaders. Just because they are the only leaders who don't have any kind of role in the story other than being the first leaders and because they are the only gym leaders that don't show up to help at the end if you know what I'm talking about.

While this could be an interesting debate, this theory is just absurd nonsense. For one thing, it's unsubstantiated based on pure coincidence and nothing more, for another it's got the creative achievement level of the PokeGods of yesteryear.

As the game explains, the Straiton Gym Leaders don't arrive because Bianca is a fail and didn't reach them in time.

The Shadow Triad will probably be the "secret agents" of Team Plasma, and nothing more, but I do want to figure out their backstory and who they really are.