• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Tree's Random Creativity Center!

Eyy! So, @The Protato, @Stormursa, and @__Black_Cat__ have a building, and I recently moved in! The Tree's Random Creativity Center is your go-to place for sharing ideas, getting a second opinion on works(both art and written!), and just generally being creative people hanging out! I do have a few ground rules to set, though. Not too many, but please for the love of Arceus, follow them!

---Rules---
  • Absolutely no bullying! There's a difference between critiquing(I loved ___, but you could have done ___ better by ___ing ___.) and bullying(That sucked! You didn't do ___, ___, or ___ right! >=O )
  • Don't spam. If you want a link posted to the work, edit it into the original post.
  • Please give feedback! If you wanted others to tell you what they thought and how you could improve, tell them too! That's what this thread's for! Just mind rule one!
  • HAVE FUN!!!

And with that, LET THE CREATIVITY BEGIN!!! :D

Maybe, but I feel like that wouldn't really be a good plot point. I might just have it for filler. Chapter 13, will be a filler, and maybe along with 14, until Jublife City. Jubilife is where things get interesting.

Okay so after a bit of writing block, and putting things off, I've finally decided the plot. So instead of a trainer encounter it will be an encounter with the Sludge Boys. Find out in the story, which will be up later.

I'm offering written work and bio critiques, if ya want them, but be warned, I am not gentle. I am honest, and sugarcoating is not in my dictionary. I will tear hard into each and every error I find... That being said, I am eager to point out the things that I liked as well...

Okay I'll take you up on that offer. If I know what my mistakes/problem areas are, then I can improve. Can you review my Ry Burst Chronicles series?

Sure thing! It'll take me a while to do all of it, though. You'll be getting around three to five paragraphs per work, and again, I must warn you, I am the definition of brutally honest, before I continue.

I can completely agree with harsh critiques. If they are harsh then I know what can be approved when I add later chapters to make it the best it can be.

So, @Roi De La Nuit Sans Fin~ . How close are you to finsihing that evaluation? I'm not trying to rush, but I have a large chunk of the next chapter of Chapter 13 done, and I was wondering how close you were to finishing the evaluation. If you were close, then I would wait, but if you aren't close to finishing the evaluation, I'll just finish the next chapter and publish it. I'm not trying to sound like I'm rushing you, and by all means take the amount of time you need to finish. I just want to make sure I know where you are on the evaluation process before I added the next chapter.

Hey people!! I would be more than willing to offer art critiques in a similar manner to what Roi's doing for written stuff.
I will not hesitate to point out everything that can be improved that I can find, if thats what someone wants, but I'm also capable of sugarcoating if someone is sensitive to critique.
Just putting it out there.
:3

*A Nefilo crawls in and timidly hides behind @Ry_Burst*

I've kinda stopped working with my stories for a while since I was quite busy in school here with a multitude of important tests such as the SAT and the CAT...

I may consider working on them again once I have the needed time for them since I have been ill lately.

I might also consider the possibility of publishing my Fan Made Pokémon on the creative corner.

Looks awesome!

And @StevenUniverseDiamond, what about something like this: Things start to look dark for the heroes, but then something happens and turns the battle around and it seems more likely that they'll win. Whether that's a false promise or not is up to you, though. Plus, that'd be an okay spot to introduce DanceTale Sans, like you said you might. Again, just ideas to get the creative juices flowing! You don't have to take me seriously! :D

I have a series idea. The series is called "A Timeless Encounter", and it's about 3 of my OCs meeting Celebi,dealing with the jailbreak of the Iron Masked Maurader,and discovering the Forest Paradise. I'm afraid it will be scorned, however. Should I write it anyways?

I have a series idea. The series is called "A Timeless Encounter", and it's about 3 of my OCs meeting Celebi,dealing with the jailbreak of the Iron Masked Maurader,and discovering the Forest Paradise. I'm afraid it will be scorned, however. Should I write it anyways?
I think it sounds cool, and I doubt that anyone would say "This sucks" or something like that. But I totally understand being shy about uploading stuff. You do you! If you're worried about technical stuff(like grammar or something), ask for someone to be like an editor and let you know what mistakes you made(capitals, punctuation, etc.). If it's the story itself, like from a plot point of view, do a quick check: is this quality writing, are there any Mary Sues, are things defying all known laws of science for no reason whatsoever?
I hope that helps~!

I think it sounds cool, and I doubt that anyone would say "This sucks" or something like that. But I totally understand being shy about uploading stuff. You do you! If you're worried about technical stuff(like grammar or something), ask for someone to be like an editor and let you know what mistakes you made(capitals, punctuation, etc.). If it's the story itself, like from a plot point of view, do a quick check: is this quality writing, are there any Mary Sues, are things defying all known laws of science for no reason whatsoever?
I hope that helps~!
Thanks! I just don't have uploading confidence, and I usually need reassuring. I think I've figured out the problem:The plot is a little to similar to Pokémon 4Ever. Best work on that. Expect Chapter 1 tomorrow!

And the Sludge Boys are back. Honestly I like that I used them as a tool to **** ** **** **** ** *******. I don't wanna give spoilers so check it out.