• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The total amount of Pokemon available in D/P...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
... as revealed by Serebii. In short, the golden number is 445, or all past Pokemon BUT the starters and previous legendaries. That's just nifty ^^

That said, there are still the three event Legendaries in D/P, as well as Manaphy (and therefore Fione as well) if you're a non-Japan resident or weren't lucky enough to get it via the Ranger event. There are also a number of Pokemon who only appear when a specific GBA cart is in the DS.

So... if you don't have anyone to trade with and don't own any of the previous games, the number is a lot less. If you do have the previous games and WFC access, the amount of included Pokemon was never that big a deal (nor is being unable to get the starters and past legends). But still. There's something to be said for the games doing this considering that R/S excluded a hoard of the older Pokemon.

... as revealed by Serebii. In short, the golden number is 445, or all past Pokemon BUT the starters and previous legendaries. That's just nifty ^^

That said, there are still the three event Legendaries in D/P, as well as Manaphy (and therefore Fione as well) if you're a non-Japan resident or weren't lucky enough to get it via the Ranger event. There are also a number of Pokemon who only appear when a specific GBA cart is in the DS.

So... if you don't have anyone to trade with and don't own any of the previous games, the number is a lot less. If you do have the previous games and WFC access, the amount of included Pokemon was never that big a deal (nor is being unable to get the starters and past legends). But still. There's something to be said for the games doing this considering that R/S excluded a hoard of the older Pokemon.

Yah with wild, swarms, poketore, and putting in old pokemon games in the GBA slot I don't have to trade anything over anymore (yeah!^_^)

Although, there seems to be a problem with this. Since all but non-ledendary and non-starter Pokemon from the previous games are available in Diamond/Pearl, there may not be any need for a DS remake of Red/Blue, Gold/Silver or Ruby/Sapphire. The reason why that there wasn't a GBA remake of Gold/Silver remake was because all of the missing Johto Pokemon were catchable in Colloseum. And that GBA remakes of Red/Blue were made so that the remaining Kanto Pokemon would be obtainable.

Although, there seems to be a problem with this. Since all but non-ledendary and non-starter Pokemon from the previous games are available in Diamond/Pearl, there may not be any need for a DS remake of Red/Blue, Gold/Silver or Ruby/Sapphire.

I'm still waiting to hear where the problem is with this. I can't speak for anyone else, but although FR/LG were cool, I'd rather see an entirely new game rather than a remake. Particularly a remake of RS. Seriously, what?