• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The stuff Rayn decided to put here.

Yeah, title says all. Here's the stuff I felt like putting here and their descriptions:​

yesas9.png
rachcopynu8.png
raycopyyj2.png

Me through my spriting career. First one is in third gen, second one is fourth gen and the third one is updated with dither shading, a better ponytail, armed moved a bit and a hood.​
gypsycopyik3.png

This is the first sprite that I used dither shading, which is probably the way I'm going to shade now.​
stripeyduocopygc7.png

Two random trainers, all stripedy. (I love stripes .>;.​
darkcopygq0.png

A dragon made up, named Darkmoon. Basically an experiment with dither shading. All scratch except for the wings, which I stole from Swellow ^^;.​
espcopymt3.png
flacopyup9.png
glacopymf6.png
jolcopyls6.png
leacopyri3.png
umbcopylz5.png
vapcopypp6.png
rayncopyiy5.png
toadcopyvq5.png
Custom Paper Mario sprites of the Eevelutions and me, toad'ded. The Eevelutions were pretty fun to do, I think I'm going to do more. My avvie and I are suppose to look like partners in a Paper Mario game.
saxxt5.png

A saxophone I did. I was too lazy to do the rest of the buttons, done without a reference.​
marshmalloqy7.png

A marshmallow being eaten. I have no idea how that idea popped into my head, but it did. It's supposed to be like a smiley.​
rotaktt8.png

A Fire Emblem Sprite for my Nelf hunter on WoW. Based off of Marissa (the purple haired girl) of Sacred Stones. Long part of ears and the eyebrows are scratched.​

So...yeah. You can request Paper Mario sprites and trainer sprites if you want, post away!

wow...your spriting is really good, i mean, ive never been to fond of dither shading, but you really make it work! and you really have a knack for scratch spriting ;D the paper mario sprites are pretty good too

can i request a paper mario version of the guy(s) in my sig?

Nice Im gonna put in my sig...can I make another request(two) Me and Nutty...
Glad you love it!

[quote author=King of Rhinos link=topic=2827.msg36016#msg36016 date=1189259790]
wow...your spriting is really good, i mean, ive never been to fond of dither shading, but you really make it work! and you really have a knack for scratch spriting ;D the paper mario sprites are pretty good too

can i request a paper mario version of the guy(s) in my sig?
[/quote]

Thanks...I'll get those sprites up. *Opens Paint* Oh and another thing... I'm going to do people as toads, so if you want something different, now would be a good time to tell me.

Here are the requests!
For Juan:
juancopyik1.png

I didn't think that I'd like a Mario edit, but I love it!
nuttycopybg8.png

I didn't think I'd like this one either, but it was really fun to make. I didn't know where to put the candy on him, so I just made candy and put it next to him for you to decorate.
For KoR:
korcopycu6.png

Your siggy trainer, toad'ded. If you want a Mario edit like Juan's just tell me and I'll do it. Just a note...he's not wearing a big toad hat thing because of his hoodie.​

Update:

turnipcopyld5.png

A Happy Turnip.
I got an inside joke with this...too lazy to type it though....
The leaf doesn't look attached... bleh.​

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Heh, I like your Paper Mario-style sprites. Haven't seen sprites like that before (I've seen the game, obviously). I think I'd like to see any other Pokemon you choose in that style. If you're looking for ideas, you could try any or all of: Poochyena, Mightyena, Bayleef, Snorlax, Octillery, Ditto, Furret, Quagsire, Teddiursa and Castform. Those are the Pokemon that, off the top of my head, I can see working.

I have to agree, the Paper Mario take on the Pokemon thing you've got going on here is really unique; and looks great too. Also LOVE the Crystal sprite (GSC Girl) you made there, looks pretty offical.
I really dunno why, it's probably just me being weird like that; but the marshmellow smiley-thing really made me smile.

I'd love to see your Paper-Mario take on any of the pokemon from my team, which are in my sig.

Keep up the good work. ;)

Heh, I like your Paper Mario-style sprites. Haven't seen sprites like that before (I've seen the game, obviously). I think I'd like to see any other Pokemon you choose in that style. If you're looking for ideas, you could try any or all of: Poochyena, Mightyena, Bayleef, Snorlax, Octillery, Ditto, Furret, Quagsire, Teddiursa and Castform. Those are the Pokemon that, off the top of my head, I can see working.
[quote author=Dreampirate link=topic=2827.msg36261#msg36261 date=1190061322]
I have to agree, the Paper Mario take on the Pokemon thing you've got going on here is really unique; and looks great too. Also LOVE the Crystal sprite (GSC Girl) you made there, looks pretty offical.
I really dunno why, it's probably just me being weird like that; but the marshmellow smiley-thing really made me smile.

I'd love to see your Paper-Mario take on any of the pokemon from my team, which are in my sig.

Keep up the good work. ;)
[/quote]

Thanks guys... I love the Paper Mario games and I got inspired to do them when I saw a Paper Mario Driftloon (on Spriter's Resource).

At any rate... Here's a normal and shiny Ditto:
dittscopyzn6.png

The whole time I was making it I wanted to shout "SMORG!!!!" lolz.​

*Edit: New PM Sprite, everybody's favorite Generic Underling Poke', Poochyena!
poochycopytv1.png

Seriously, if this was some sort of game, this would be the generic underling. Eyes bug me a bit.​

Woah, you do Paper Mario Sprites!? That's new but awesome. I do love the Paperness...Could I request a Piplup maybe? Or a Torchic? Me loves the Piplup/Torchic... :D

Ooh, let me join you. SMOORG!! lol

AL has Spoken!
Thank you, Rayg! Siggyffying...now.

Woah, you do Paper Mario Sprites!? That's new but awesome. I do love the Paperness...Could I request a Piplup maybe? Or a Torchic? Me loves the Piplup/Torchic... :D

Ooh, let me join you. SMOORG!! lol

AL has Spoken!
P.S. Could I use the ditto things in my sig?
Smorg = FTW.
And yes, you can use my sprites, just give me credit.
Piplup:
pipcopywd2.png

Yeah. It screams "IMMA PENGUIN!!!11one!" more than official Piplup. Also looks like it's poking something. *Poke*
Torchic:
torcopybe7.png

I tried doing legs but they ended up not looking to good. So you just get feetsies. Probably going to redo the bottom, if I get bored enough.
Poochyena redux:
poochycopycp7.png

Re-did the eye because they bugged me that much...[size=5pt]Generic Underling![/size]​

Wow, I've rarely ever seen pokemon in Paper Mario style, nice work man.

I would like a paper Quilava plz.

_>
SMORG!

Tee hee, Thanks! ............SMORG!
Here is Quilava for ya:
quilcopyvw0.png

Took a bit to find the right blue. I really like this one.​

I got kinda bored so...I made this:
indiecopyna1.png

Me as Indiana Jones. I'm excited for the fourth movie and there's barely any info on it...>_>​

gargoylecopydi2.png

Holy Mcpixellation! What is that thing? :o
It's a gargoyle. Well, more like a fan-goyle. Anyone remember Gargoyles? Watching some episodes on Youtube, I doodled this charrie, then decided to go all out and do a pixel art of it. This is the first big pixel art I've done, and probably the last. It took like five hours to make, and my brain is melted. Going to read something now...​

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Oooh.... nice pixelwork, Rayn! (I'm horrible at criticing stuff.... sp?)

And I love all of the Paper Mario things... so cute and cool.... *hugs them all, as usual when I see something cute or cool*

May I have an Eevee, Shinx, and/or Growlithe one?

Eh... I might as well request a Paper Ralts or Gardevoir.
That sentence makes me think I'm a fad. Go me, I'm a fad!

At any rate I did the requests (well at least part of them).

Shiny_Eevee:
eevrcopyef4.png

An Eevee. When I was making the ears I was thinking "OHMYGOSH!ITSAKITTYFOXMAJIG!" :p
Here's a shiny Kittyfoxmajig, Eevee, I did for the heck of it.
eevscopyjl6.png

Gardevoir Master:
gar2copyxk3.png

A Gardevoir. Way better than the one I did yesterday. Now it has an okay looking head and arms that are somewhat Gardy-like. If you saw the last one...I wasn't too happy with it.

Next up: Flygon, Shinx, Growlithe, and Ralts in no particular order. [size=5pt]...SMOOORG![/size]
Woo! 2nd page!​

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a shiny Eevee!!!! OHMYGOSH!ITSAKITTYFOXMAJIG!!!!!!!!!!!

I really like them!!! *goes to put in signature*

Sweet.

But shouldn't her legs be green?
[quote author=Dreampirate link=topic=2827.msg36826#msg36826 date=1191432070]
Gardevoir's have white legs under their dress.
[/quote]

Dreampirate is right, Gardy does have white legs underneath her dress thing.

Anyways... I did Flygon.
flygcopyte1.png

Here's one I did with a bandana and a hat:
flyycopykn4.png

[size=4pt]Darn transing...[/size]
And my new avvie:
flercopyuy7.png

Next up: Ralts, Shinx, Growlithe, something else...​

Dreampirate is right, Gardy does have white legs underneath her dress thing.

Are you sure? I seem to recall that the underside of the dress thing is green, all the way up to her waist, which was also green. I'd check this in Colosseum, but my GameCube is in storage.​

Are you sure? I seem to recall that the underside of the dress thing is green, all the way up to her waist, which was also green. I'd check this in Colosseum, but my GameCube is in storage.

No you're right, the underside of the dress is green, all the way up to her waist. But her legs are white.
This is from PBR, and the compression used sucks; but it should be able to show what I mean.

[attachment deleted by admin]

The thing about the dress Gardevoir Master...It's supposed to be like folding or something like that. I'll make it all green to her waist if you want.

prinjigcopyzg5.png

Yeah...randomness. I got bored and I didn't really feel like doing a Paper Mario sprite, so I did this instead. She's the inter-national pop sensation Princess Jigglypuff. I really needed to get some steam out so...yeah.

Edit for GM:
ralzcopyqe7.png

There's Ralts for ya. It stares into your soul. :F Yeah.

Edit again:
teeracopyoz7.png

Purple girl. Very Much randomness. I loves it.

Next up: Shinx, Growlithe, Castform, Haunter.​

Mcrandomness!
commiecopyar6.png

Meh KH charrie, in CoM form. Here's why I made this... I looked at Pixelchu's thread (but never posted XP) and saw her CoM form. That reminded me of CoM, which I have, and made me want to play. After playing it for two days (almost done with Sora part...) I felt like making this. I might do requests on these, if I get bored enough.​

Sweet. Bonus sprite! That is one creepy Ralts...

That made me lol.
'Nyways...I got a new sprite! And it's a Paper Mario one!
shinxcopyfw3.png

It's Shinx for S_E. I have no idea why I kept on putting it off, it was really easy.

It could be because I tried doing Castform...that little bugger is harder than it looks...and the fact Casty wasn't saved when the computer froze and my sister had to turn it off without saving it *dies*. That made me not want to do PM sprites for a while.
Next: Growlithe, Haunter, what ever else I feel like doing.​

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

That made me lol.
'Nyways...I got a new sprite! And it's a Paper Mario one!
shinxcopyfw3.png

It's Shinx for S_E. I have no idea why I kept on putting it off, it was really easy.

It could be because I tried doing Castform...that little bugger is harder than it looks...and the fact Casty wasn't saved when the computer froze and my sister had to turn it off without saving it *dies*. That made me not want to do PM sprites for a while.
Next: Growlithe, Haunter, what ever else I feel like doing.​

Wow, that's one cute Shinx, Rayn! I love it! Too bad I don't have a place to put it.... but I love it!

hay these are good oh and by the way u are still doing requests right if so i request roxas from kingdom hearts i organization suit hooded. please an thank u

I'm alive! ...Does anyone care?
I bet chule care if I show you my dump o' sprites. (Go "o'"!)

niccopyva1.png
sarahcopyvs1.png

My two siblings. Not their exact likeness (my bro doesn't have blue hair...) but close enough.
tharcopyrd9.png

OC. Those yellow sparkles are magic, just so's you know.
opiecopyud2.png

Random chick. Experiment with pillow-like shading.
pycopyox0.png

Crazy Pyro chick o' death. Trying a new skin tone.
raynycopycr5.png

Scratch Espeon. Neutral shade FTW. I love it.​