• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Stuff of Persian

(When I say the "stuff of Persian", I mean the stuff I make, not the stuff that makes up me. So no, I shall not be posting veins and arteries and my spleen, I shall be posting art. DUH! *hides spleen*))

Okay, so my old thread got deleted due to spam and stuff (actually, I don't remember how it got deleted, but it got deleted, and that's that), so I guess I should make a new one. Sorry if this inconveniences anybody. @_@

All my "artwork" can be viewed in my DeviantArt account, but I don't want to post it all here (it's pretty bad)...but here is the link anyway: http://nyaa-neko.deviantart.com

And here are four pictures you may or may not like, as I have to teach myself art (so I'm not wonderful):

Baki_BG.jpg

--> This is a Baki, a fan-made Pokemon made entirely by me. Yes, it is a cheap ripoff of Eevee, but I like to think it has enough Persian-coolness to warrant its existence. Not to mention the fact that it is the starter of my fan-region, and it evolves into one of 17 forms (one per type). I did this today, took me about an hour and a half or so.

FireFox_small.jpg

--> This was drawn for Fire Fox awhile ago. I just found it on my computer, decided to post it here. This was before I started using my tablet and Photoshop (...Elements...3), so it's not a very good example of a recent work...did this around March, I think.

Chibi_me_I_think_id.jpg

--> My DeviantArt ID, done a month or so ago (I forget) when I had a break from homework. Took me a little while cuz I wasn't used to my tablet and I had no clue how to do things in Photoshop (...Elements...3...). Sad, isn't it?

CrystalRun_wind_small.jpg

--> Drew the dog by hand and scanned it on May 17 (my friend's birthday), then I gave the original to my friend as a present. She really liked it - purple is her favorite color, and she looooves doggies. :) Then I added in a cheap "render: clouds" background, added some maple leaves (only now I realize they're waaaaaay too small), and added in a sun or something. I don't get it...but hey. Purple doggy. Happy purple doggy.

Oh, and yes, I do requests (but not always in a timely manner - plus, my scanner is broken right now). As for reviewing, ummm...I'm okay with flaming...as long as it's an honest flame. If you really don't like my drawings, you can say that you think I'm terrible. But it would help if you could at least tell me why. :) That being said, empty flames (and empty compliments - if you don't like it, don't say you do) are pretty mean...so don't flame just for the sake of flaming.

...So...ummm...what do you think? I know I'm no Fire Fox or Stel...-_-;;;;;

Hrm...well...I'll post a few more anyway, even though nobody seems to be lookin' at 'em. ^_^;;

For_DSkitty_smaller.jpg

--> Done for my friend. She came up with the "orange Siamese Skitty" idea, and I FORGOT THE TAIL POINT! I feel so bad...but she liked the picture. I found how to do the background on an online tutorial. It's prettyful. And orange. Yay orange.

UFO_Oekaki_1.jpg

--> Doodle of an unidentified flying object: UFO Series 1!

UFO_Oekaki_2.jpg

--> Second installment in the UFO Series! UFO Series 2!

Hanako_Color_Sketch.jpg

--> Decided to try using Corel Painter 2 for a quick doodle-sketch with my tablet. I suck at drawing hands with my tablet...and I gave up on the eyes, they were giving me trouble. Anyway, this is a character from Jenta. I kind of messed up on the "hama"...X_X I'm bad at kanji. Even in Japanese class, writing pretty kanji (and not ugly kanji) is almost impossible for me. *sigh* On the left it says "Hamako" and on the right it says "Hanako", if you can't read Japanese...

Freehanding can be a pain in it's first stages, but you seem to be getting the hang of it quite well! Very good! The little UFO things make my want to poke them, just to see if they're squishy. XD

By the way, do you have a link for that background tutorial you used for the "orange Siamese Skitty"?

Yeah, I do have a link. It's a really nice tutorial, as even an idiot (like me) can follow it and get the result! Go here: http://www.bluesfear.com/submittuts/ps/2/

And I have some more pictures, to stay on topic. ^_^;; I have a lot in my DeviantArt account, but here are a few I'd like to put here:

UFO_Oekaki_3.jpg

--> UFO Series 3! This one is a water droplet UFO. I did it in a bit of a different style...it's shaded and has different eyes. I don't know if I like this style better or not...but hey. Water droplet UFO. It wasn't a super serious drawing...^_^;; Done all in Photoshop Elements 3.

Scrach_Banner.jpg

--> I did this for my RP trainer, Rei, since I had no sprite for her to make a trainer card with, and I wanted SOMETHING. So I did a "scratch trainer card/banner/thing". I basically just looked at some references, and did the best I could in about half an hour. I just wanted SOMETHING. -_-;;

Shasta.jpg

--> Shasta! I drew her in pen (after I sketched it in pencil 'n stuff...duh), then scanned her in to color her in Photoshop Elements 3. Then I added a cheap cloud background and a glow. But it's grey this time! Hah! I like the cheap cloud background. It's fun.

Cabbix.jpg

--> This one took me awhile, and the what-seemed-like-hours I spent on the shading of the wings just disappeared...sob. T_T But yar. Done the same way the Shasta pic was done...'cept I inked it with Crayola markers. Funnnnnn...by the way, this is Voltaire the cabbix. Say hi to Voltaire! He's being a bit emo in this picture. Silly Voltaire. No need to be emo right now!