• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Starters Escape!

Discussion Thread:
http://pokecharms.com/threads/the-starters-escape.14428/#post-313990
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flare watched the Skies as he grabbed berries and ran to another bush, He was in the bright green Viridian Forest, He could see Bug Types and Flying Types moving around in the Forest until he saw two Beedrill Fly by "Oh no..." He said as he jumped behind a tree, The Beedrill were searching for something "I can smell a Charmander..." The first Beedrill said "Me as well..." The second Beedrill said "Well im right here!" Flare yelled as he jumped out from behind the tree and used Ember, Flare hit the first Beedrill making it fall to the ground. The second Beedrill then used Fury attack, Hitting Flare 3 Times, Flare got back up and used Scratch multiple times until it flew away in surrender "YOU WILL PAY!" The First Beedrill yelled as it got back up and used fury attack but only Hitting Flare once, Flare ran forward and used Scratch and made the Beedrill Flinch, Flare then Used Ember which knocked Beedrill back "HELP!" Beedrill yelled as something came running through the grass "A NIDORINO!" Flare yelled as he dodged its ram "GUYS I NEED HELP!" He yelled to the other Starters who were further back, Nidorino went for a poison sting but Flare dodged again "I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP!" Flare yelled as he was hit with a Poison Sting

For the first time in her life, Aqua was alone. In the deep, dark forest, she was scared. But she had to stay strong, Flare was somewhere here.
Shebheard a scared cry she recognised as Flare's and dashed in, using Tackle on the Nidoran, but as she was about to hit it, she jumped up, bouncing of her tail and hit one of the Beedrill instead, catching it by surprise.
Then she landed on the ground, even weakened the beedrill had not taken much damage, and it dashed forwards with one of its stingers, hitting Aqua.
"Ahh!" Aqua shouted

"Aqua!" Came a voice, an Eevee with headphones came rushing out, ramming the beedrill. It tried to attack, but Phoenix was faster, she used Shadow ball and scared it off. "Aqua! Are you okay?" She turned to the Squirtle.

Flare continued to attack the Nidorino until it ran off "Is everyone alright?" Flare asked as he looked at his body which was covered in Scratches and Bruises

"Thanks to you I am" Aqua said, then smiled "this is our first battle ever! Let's make the most of it!"
She fired Bubble at the other beedrill, dodging a poison jab by bouncing in her tail before firing another Bubble.
Then she bounced up using her tail and tackled the beedrill, sending it flying into a tree, but the beedrill got back up and continued to fight

Phoenix started spamming swift at them all, hitting them one by one, she began using Quick Attack on one of them, it tried to sting her, but she grabbed it's stinger and threw it at a wall. Watching from someone's perspective, she somehow was a vey good fighter.

"We are in Viridian Forest" Flare said as he watched the Beedrill fly away "We should go find the others, Who knows whats happened to them...." Flare said as he started walking

Aqua chuckled "I have never heard Know and Flare in the same sentence before" she joked, then bacame serious "in only letting him lead because fire is good against Bug" she noticed someone on the road "and so I'm not the first one to have to fight that"

On the road was the Nidorino
"Friends! I am not here to fight!" He said "I merely wish to apologise, the Beedrill said we were giving you a fair fight, I had no idea that more were hiding behind the trees."
"What?" Aqua asked "how can we trust you"
"I am a Pokémon of honour" Nidorino sighed "what I did was dishonourable, and I wish to apologise"
Aqua was stunned "wow..." she said "really?"
"It's true" Nidorino said "I was travelling the forest to see if I could find a good and fair fight"

"Interesting..." Flare said as he walked closer "Do you know the directions to Pewter city?" Flare asked "Yes" The Nidorino said as he pointed North "Aqua, Phoenix Go that way, Ill look for the others" Flare said as he looked South

"Alright" Aqua said "A fire type like you wouldn't be much use in a Rock Gym, you didn't even help much against bug types" she teased as she walked along. Then she turned to thank the Nidorino, but he was already gone

Phoenix growled. "Aqua, you DO know what I am going to evolve into, right? Plus, why do you care so much on type disadvantages? It is but one bit of help..." The Eevee growled. "Remember, you owe me for saving your butt," Phoenix was being cold as usual.

"Sorry" Aqua mumbled "it's just that it's scary being out in the world, and will take any advantage that I can get"
She realised that she might sound ungrateful for being rescued
"I'm not saying Fire Types are bad!" She stammered "I'm just saying that Flare is a terrible battler..." She realised then that she was also offending flare "not that he is bad of course" she said "we all need some work"

"I swear once I evolve into a Flareon I am gonna show you what I really can do..." She kept walking. "Why did I even join you guys? Ugh, anyway, do you not trust in your friends to protect you? I can take on a Gengar by myself..." She flicked her tail in Aqua'a face.

"ow" Aqua said as Pheonix's tail hit her "Sorry"

Aqua sighed in relief as they found the exit to the forest
"you know" she said "we should probably wait for the others"

Shocker would try the best he could so he would catch up to the others, he would ask other pokemon in the Viridian forest to find the guys.
"Where the heck are those guys.." He would say as he is wandering in the Viridian forest, he would then see a Beedril flying above him, he would then ask this Beedril "Hey you, have you seen a charmander, squirtle and a marill from here?" The beedrill would afraidly answer "Ye-yes." He would then start walking again then he saw the group as smiled.

Aqua noticed Shocker. "hi" she said "Did you happen to see flare? He went back to find the others"
She looked around, "How did you find us anyways?" She asked "Its pretty easy to get lost in those woods"

"That is what you think, I was BORN here..." Phoenix rolled her eyes. "By the way, we haven't met, my name is Phoenix, if you have to know..." Again, she flicked her tail, hitting Aqua in the side.

Aqua sighed as she looked out onto Viridian city
"So..." she asked "How do you think we should get past the trainers, an Eevee, a Shiny Maril and a Pichu would attract a lot of attention"

"You don't learn anything, do you?" Phoenix sighed. "Follow me," She dashed into the city, and under a car. "Look, when nobody is around, go behind the trash can... got it?" Phoenix said, doing an imlression of Flare.

"How I got here? I asked a Beedril which was afraid like it saw a ghost it had alot of bruises and scratches" He would answer in a cute way. "And by the way my name's Shocker, I've already heard of you". He would answer in a cute manner again.
Shocker would then follow Phoenix into the city.

Aqua froze at the mention of a Beedrill, before following Pheonix under the car
"Alright then" she whispered to Shocker "that Beedrill had... Unpleasant expreriences involving us... don't worry though, it was totally all his fault... And flare's she put on a mock Flare voice "come on guys! This trail is totally safe!"

Flare arrived in Pewter and looked around "Where are they?!" he said as he sneaked around "GUYS! GUYS!" Flare whispered as loud as he could "YOU KNOW WHAT! I THINK ILL JUST MEET YOU IN THE GYM!" He whisper-yelled to the as he made a dash for the gym, He arrived in the gym and saw Brock looking at him with a odd face "Uhh..." Brock said as he shook his head, Flare grabbed a pen and paper and wrote to the best of his abiltiy "I am a Challenger, My team is out there, ill go get them" "Ok.... so your group is outside?" Brock asked, Flare nodded as he ran outside "GUYS BROCK IS WAITING!" Flare yelled

Aqua sighed, partly because (warning fourth wall break) nobody would get to see Her, Pheonix and Shocker's epic ninja thing though the city, and because somehow, Flare beat her there.
She entered the gym, to the shock of Brock
"I... Where is your trainer" Brock asked
Aqua took Flare's paper and drew a picture of her escaping from the lab.
Brock smiled "I never liked that old coot" he said "sending trainers after me, and giving them Pokemon that are four times effective against me, for that favour, I will give you a battle"

Shocker would then tell Phoenix "Hey, Phoenix wanna go to the gym? Since I think the others are there I'm gonna go ahead." Shocker would dash into the gym hearing Flare and Aqua's voice. He would then enter the gym. "HEYA AQUA." Shocker said in a cutely noisy manner.

"I will battle," Phoenix entered the gym, narrowing her eyes at Brock and growling. "Let me battle," She walked out to the field and lokked over his first pokemon, an Onix.

"Go Pheonix!" Aqua shouted "You can do it"
Aqua thought that Pheonix had a pretty good chance, her combination of Shadow Ball, Swift and Quick attack which she used in the forest was easily enough to take out a couple Beedrill.

"Onix! Squash that Eevee with your tail!" Brock yelled. The Onix smashed it's tail onto Phoenix, but she jumped into the air and onto it's tail, then running up its body and spamming Swift at its face. Then she used Iron Tail and hit the horn, it broke. the Eevee leapt off and looked at the Onix, collapsing, fainted. "That, my friends, is how you battle..." She bowed.

Aqua politely clapped, surprised at the amount of power that one Eevee could hold. Brock was equally surprised, if not more
"My best Pokemon" he muttered "no matter, GEODUDE GO!"
"Can i take this one?" He asked Pheonix "Please?"

"Sure," Phoenix smiled. "I am not the boss, apparently..." She growled at Flare. "So, you have an advantage against Geodude, you should be fine, maybe," The Eevee teased.

Aqua sighed, and walked onto the battlefield. Brock started the battle quickly, unwilling to suffer another painful defeat like that one.
"Rollout!" Brock shouted, and Geodude rolled into a ball, and began rolling towards Aqua, gaining speed quickly. When Geodude was almost halfway across the arena, Aqua smiled, and used Aqua Jet
Aqua and Geodude collided exactly in the middle of the arena, dust and water flew up into the air and both Pokemon were knocked backwards. Without giving Geodude a chance to recover, Aqua used bubble, and knocked Geodude backwards, causing it to faint.
"NO!" Brock shouted, then calmed himself "you beat me" he said "You deserve this"
He handed the group the Boulder Badge

"Well sorry that im fire type, You said you would be a Flareon soon, Isnt that fire type?" He asked, He looked at Geodude who was probably going to lose

"I was not talking to you, Fire Butt. I was talking to Aqua," She snarled. "Nice job Aqua!" Phoenix ran to Aqua and smiled. I am proud," She smiled.

"One of us should probably take the badge" Aqua said "Maybe you should do it Pheonix, you did take out his most powerful Pokemon, also since when did you know Iron Tail?"

"Whatever" He said as he walked out of the Gym and on to Route 3 "I don't need them, I can get to Cerulean city without them and just meet them there!" He yelled, He continued to walk until he found a Lone Weedle "Hello!" The Weedle said in a cheerful voice "Hi, aren't you meant to be in one of those Colonies?" Flare asked "Well, I found them Rude and Unfair so i went Rouge and left! now im looking for a pokemon that can train me! can you train me?" The Weedle asked "Uhhh.... Sure..." Flare said, He didn't want to leave the Weedle alone "Whats your name?" Flare asked "Its Stinger!" Stinger yelled "Ill call you Sting, How about that?" Flare asked "Sure!" Sting yelled as in jumped up in happiness "This will be fun" Flare said as he continued to walk with Sting

They arrived at Mt.moon and looked around "We will not beat the gym...." Flare sighed as he looked at Sting "Then how about we train?" Sting asked "Well.... Thats a great idea!" Flare said in excitement,

TRAINING MONTAGE!

After a Fierce 17 battles Flare was getting tired "Come on! we need to continue to train!" Sting yelled at Flare "Im too tired..." He said as he looked at the Zubats who were surrounding them "I count 13!" Sting yelled, Flare got up and got ready "Circle Sting?" Flare asked "Yea!" Sting yelled in excitement, Flare picked up Sting and started to spin, The Zubats started diving in for a attack but were hit by Stings Stinger "Throw me!" Sting yelled, Flare threw Sting at a Zubat, Flare continued to throw Sting at the Zubats until they were all defeated, Flare sat down exhausted and looked at Sting "Good work!" Sting said in happiness, A Zubat saw Flare and Sting and Dived towards them "STING BLOCK!" Flare yelled, Sting jumped forward and blocked it while also Evolving! "Ha! I have Evolved!" Sting yelled as he started attacking the Zubat, After what seemed like Hours of Sting defending Flare he was ready to continue on to Route 3 "Wooh! lets go!" Sting yelled as they exited Mt.Moon and continued on to Cerulean city where Flare was waiting for the rest of the group

Aqua sighed and decided to accept the badge herself. She took it and began to adventure into Mount Moon
"If Flare wants to split up" She said "So be it"
She entered the cave to hear shouting, wondering what was happening, she snuck behind a corner where she saw the Nidorino from earlier, as well as a Nidoking and Nidoqueen
"You heard me right father" the Nidorino said "I am going out into the world on an adventure"
The Nidoking growled "The last time you did that you came home covered with burn marks" he said "We cannot trust you to go out"
"I can!" the Nidorino pleaded "Just give me a chance"
"For the last time!" The Nidoking shouted "NO!"
Aqua could not take any more of this "You think you are so strong, don't you?" She asked "What you don't know, is that if it wasn't for your son, I would still be lost in Viridian forest'
The nidoking snorted "Why should i care?" he asked "I'm his father, I tell him what to do"
"I'm going anyways" the Nidorino said "And there is nothing you can do to stop me"
"Then you are not my son anymore" The Nidoking growled, crossing his arms and turning away
"Dear" The Nidoqueen said "You can't be serious about this"
"Oh but i am" Nidoking said "If you return as a Nidoking, i may accept you back into the clan"
"Ill do more than that" Nidorino shouted "When i return as a Nidoking, i will challenge you to be the Chief!"
"Good luck with that" Nidoking laughed "now begone"

Aqua followed the Nidorino though the caves. Eventually, the Nidorino sat down on a rock, crying. "I cant believe he did that!" he cried "i try to help, and this is what i get?"
Aqua patted Nidorino on the back "Its ok" she said "YOu'll come back stronger than ever, and beat him"
"I guess you are right" Nidorino sighed "Alright, I have one thing to ask you then"
"What?" asked Aqua
"Can i join you?" Asked the Nidorino "To adventure through Kanto
"Of course" said Aqua, smiling "Welcome to the team Nidorino"