• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS The Spheal Appeal (An IV question)

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I'm using Psypoke's "DV" calculator to try to figure out the IVs of my new hatchlings. It's not as good as the now-deceased one on Pokemon Forever, because you can't input multiple levels' worth of stats, so you have to keep checking what it thought the stats were on the previous level. But anyway.

I have a Spheal whose IVs are probably HP 20-26, Atk 27-31, Def 20-26, Sp.Atk 0-3, Sp.Def 14-19, Speed 17-23. Is there ANYTHING I can do with it? 'cos all of its IVs are great, except for Sp.Atk, which is the usual one you'd use with a Spheal, being Ice/Water type.

I was thinking of a Body Slam / Earthquake type physical attack thing. Currently, at level 5 it has the moveset Protect / Surf / Ice Beam / Earthquake, because its father knew those moves. But I can get rid of Surf & Ice Beam without "losing" anything because they were bred on.

Other relevant details: Bashful nature, which is an even one (doesn't boost any stat); Thick Fat ability. Worth rescuing? Or not?