• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Sea is not For Me

"Well, most of the match was done by... a Houndoom." While he wanted to keep secret about her, he didn't feel like it'd be right saying she just belonged to him or Killian. "I also had an Absol helping out. Still, you'll have to wait to see him. I already decided Jak would be fighting for thi match." He nodded to him to indicate who he meant.

"Well in the meantime, say hello to my partner." Max said. He then threw out a pokeball. It opened to reveal an Exploud. He then turned to Violette. By the way, I hope your a fast learner. My pokemon strategies are meant for one-on-one battles."

The announcer from before called for everyone to show their cards so the match could start. Kyle and Max both showed there's. Violette and Killian did the same.

Max got a crafty smile and reached into his pocket. "Now then," Kyle and Jak looked as he pulled what looked like a small, black box out of his pocket. "Shall we dance?" He turned it so everyone could see it was a mini-speaker. He then took out his headphones and plugged the speaker into his player.

Kyle just stared, entirely confused. Max hit play and some kind of soft rock song started playing. "What the?"

Suddenly, the song sped up and Exploud suddenly charged at Jak in a Giga Impact! "Jak! Dodge it, quick!" Jak pulled an incredible leap that got him just barely over Explode.

What the heck?! He didn't even give a command!

The words from the song started playing, and combining the volume with the speaker, everyone on the floor heard it.

Sometimes I feel like everybody's got a problem.
Sometimes I feel like, nobody wants to solve them.
I know that people say we're never gonna make it
But I know, we're gonna get through this

As the song kept playing, the Exploud charged Jak again, throwing Drain Punches continuously. Jak tried his best to keep dodging, but the thing was surprisingly fast.

((Sorry for the slight god-mode, but I wanted to get our battle started. I've been planning this guy for a while.))

Brendan didn't like the looks of his second opponent, and neither did anyone else in the room. The other opponent was a bit disappointed; maybe he wanted someone that set a good example. There was no way Mr. Cigar could be that close to his pokémon, unless they were fire types.

"Now that all the trainers are here, it's time to start the match. Each trainer will use a single pokémon, the side that knocks out both pokémon on the other side first wins." The referee/official explained. "Choose your pokémon!"

Brendan was about to take out a pokéball, but Machop decided to take to the ring. The burly man threw the pokéball he was holding on to earlier. It burst open and a yellow and black pokémon appeared. It had two black tails with red tips, a burly body like its trainer, and two antenna-like things on its head that bulged into bulbs at the end: An Electivire!

"Brendan will be using Machop and Paul will be using Electivire!" The referee announced. Brendan knew that Electivire was a Sinnoh pokémon, so that explained why he never saw it before. People say that Electivire is the strongest electric-type when it comes to hand-to-hand combat, time to find out. Of course, there was still Allen and the other person that needed to throw out their pokémon.

Last edited by a moderator:
OOC: Ha, that's funny, Mr. Cigar.

BIC: It was Allen's turn to select his pokemon, but the tall man across from him selected first. He man pulled out a gold plated pokeball, and a Shuppet emerged forth from it. The man then said, "Shuppet, we better win this, or concequences will follow." The Shuppet gave a nervous nod, then turned and looked at Allen. Allen met the Shuppet's stare, and could see he was calling out for help. But Allen couldn't do a thing.

Realizing it was his turn to select a pokemon, Allen pulled out his Poliwhirl yet again. Poliwhirl burst from the pokeball in a flash, he was as hyped as Allen was. "Okay Poliwhirl, I know that Electivire looks tough, but we've got an ace up our sleeve." Allen handed Poliwhirl a TM disk, and Poilwhirl used it and integrated the move. "I've saved that for a while, and I think you can put it to good use." Poliwhirl nodded and took his place on the battle field stage.

(I hope you don't mind me choosing this guy's name)

"So Allen and Thomas will be using Poliwhirl and Shuppet!" The referee continued, there was silence for a minute, Brendan expected the referee to begin the battle as soon as everyone had called out their pokémon, but that meant everyone in the pyramid. In the time he had, he calculated the chances he and Allen had. Electivire, being an electric type, would have a killer advantage over Poliwhirl, unless the TM Allen just used would be able to turn things around. Shuppet would pose a problem to him by being a ghost type. "Let the fight begin!" the referee suddenly called out twenty seconds later, Brendan was caught off guard, giving his opponent the chance to act first.

"Electivire, use Thunder Punch!" Paul ordered, Electivire's right fist began to glow yellow and crackle with electricity. Then, ignoring the type advantages it could have, it began running for Machop.

"Machop, dodge to the right!" Brendan called, just before Electivire struck, Machop rolled to the side the thunder punch was coming down from. "Now use Focus Punch!" Machop's fist too began to glow, but white this time. He leapt up until he was level with Electivire's head, and then gave it a sharp blow that sent it reeling. Machop then hopped back ten paces. The planned strategy was for Machop to dodge to the side the fist was coming from, then Electivire wouldn't be able to counter it with the fist that worked best, since that was half-way through the thunder punch. This also quite worried Brendan, because Electivire couldn't stop the move quickly enough, it meant that there was a lot of firepower put into that punch. Staying away and making sure that Electivire doesn't connect any moves would be his best bet.

Killian grinned wolfishly at Violette, the purple-obsessed girl was using her purple Vaporeon but with a stroke of luck, Killian had sent out Kuro first. Though the Luxray was painfully timid, he was one of her most powerful Pokemon... Second only to Amaya. Violette was still giving her the Chestire grin but Killian knew she had the advantage. "Kuro, defeat it with one hit! Thunder!"

The powerful move took her opponent off guard and the Vaporeon had no time to react as the beam of horrifyingly strong electricity hit her dead on. "Rain!" The violet-eyed girl cried and the Vaporeon fainted.

Killian's grin grew, "Don't look so surprised, Kuro's extremely powerful... And nice, that attack wasn't all he had." The dark-haired girl looked over in worry at Jak, "Kuro, we've got to help them... I think. Double battles do rely on teamwork, right?"

No dur, idiot. Killian shot the sarcastic Lucario a glare but pointed at the uber strong Exploud.

"Superpower!" That sounds so lame... She thought, but the fighting move was extremely effective against Exploud... She was glad that weirdo had taught her Luxray how to do it. She watched and prayed the attack would hit...

Lol, I know that song and I love it! Take My Hand by Simple Plan! Woot! Pfft, I don't care... It wasn't like you made her do something totally out of character,

When the battle was started by the official, Allen was taken off guard, he was daydreaming, thinking about swimming in the pool on the deck below. The cigar guy took advantage of this and ordered an attack. "Shuppet, use faint attack." Allen and his Poliwhirl snapped into action, but the Shuppet had already faded and was undetectable. "Stay sharp", Allen yelled to his Poliwhirl. Then the Shuppet appeared behind Poliwhirl, and landed a direct hit. "Poliwhirl, use water gun." He obeyed, and the enemy Shuppet was drenched with water. "Use wioo-o-wisp!" yelled the man. The The firey attack bore down on Poliwhirl, but Poliwhirl extinguished it with his water gun.

"Okay Poliwhirl, use rain dance." And with that, a steady drizzle enveloped the stage. Then, Poliwhirl began to give off a slight glow, it was his water absorb ability, Poliwhirl was at full health. Mr. Cigar was annoyed by this, "Use curse Shuppet." Reluctantly, Shuppet obeyed, and was soon sent reeling to the ground with pain. "Get up now", yelled the man. Poliwhirl felt the curse, but wasn't hurt as badly. "Shuppet, now use shadow ball." The Shuppet was drained of energy, and before the shadow ball was fully formed, Shuppet lost control, and the attack backfired. Shuppet flew back and hit the wall, Shuppet was knocked out.

"Poliwhirl, now that Shuppet is taken care of, let's help Brendan. That Electivire is crazy."

Max didn't say a word when Killian sent her Luxray after Exploud. Kyle thought he should take advantage of the moment. "Jak, use Force Palm on Exploud as well!"

Yet again though, the song seemed to come at the right time.

Close your eyes and please don't let me,
GO, GO, GO! DON'T LET ME GO NOW!

When the song picked up, Exploud used a Protect. The move's bounced off it yet the echo from it sounded like part of the song.

Max just kept smiling and tapping his feet to the music. As the shield went down, Exploud took a stance suddenly, while they were both right it front of him from when they hit the shield.

Close your eyes, don't let me let you
DON'T, DON'T, DON'T!!!

"Game over, guys." Max said.

"Jak, use Endure! Quick!" The song picked up and Exploud let loose a powerful Hypervoice attack. With that speaker Max had it sounded almost like he was causing the same song with his attack. Jak quickly moved in front of Kuro and braced himself as the move came.

Take my hand tonight, let's not think about tomorrow
Take my hand tonight, we could find someplace to go
Cause our hearts are locked forever, and our love will never die
Take my hand tonight, one last time!

Jak had slid acrosss the ground, and while Kuro hadn't been actually hit, Jak had ended up pushing him back as he slid. I don't get it! Jak said. This guy's mopping the floor with us, and he's not even saying anything!

Wait a minute. Kyle finally noticed how Max had been tapping his foot the whole time. Jak, his pokemon's following the song. See if you can catch the rythm of it.

You want me to DANCE?! he yelled back. Sorry, but no can do.

Then don't call it dancing, besides, his pokemon isn't. Just think of it as fighting with background music.

Jak shook his head as he looked back at the Exploud. He oughta be paying me for this stuff. He started listening to the music as the pokemon came at him with another Giga Impact.

The city sleeps and we're lost in the moment
Another kiss and we're lying on the pavement
If they could see us, they would tell us that we're crazy
But I know, they just don't understand

At the end of the verse, when Exploud was about to hit him, he once again lept up, but this time, it wasn't as high. He was level with the move's center and could see Exploud's head through the attack. He then used a Force Palm that went through the attack and hit Exploud directly. He went flying back and was also knocked out. The move had clearly been a critical hit.

"Woah!" Max just stared at his beaten pokemon. He'd been beaten before, but it had never been through the opponent using the song. He stopped the song and returned his pokemon. He then looked at Kyle and gave him the thumbs-up. "Nice victory. It's not my first lost, but I've never seen someone beat me using my own song."

"Thanks, you caught me by surprise as well." Kyle said. "I've never seen a trainer use music to command his pokemon."

"Well, looks like I'm out of the main round. Maybe if I win enough matches, we'll get to face each other again. In the meantime, good luck you two." He then walked off and took the elevator back down.

Just then, the referee came over to him and Killian. "Now that you two have won, I'll need to borrow your cards from before." he said. Kyle handed him his card and the referee took out a small device. He swiped the card through, then gave it back.

"So why'd you need to do that?" Kyle asked as he took back his card.

"The cards are going to serve as your room keys. All the rooms are on the outside floors. As you win matches, you will have your card upgraded for entry into other rooms." That explained the pyramid shape. Still, what was wrong with having just one room?

Suddenly, he noticed a number had been added to his card. Noticing his look, the referee explained that was his room number. For some reason, both hi and Killian's rooms were on the same floor: 1. Kyle figured it was just coincedence.

"So, what do we do now?" Kyle asked as Jak climbed back on his shoulder.

"Go to your room for some rest, shop around, whatever you like. The next rounds won't begin until tomorrow when we're out to sea." Kyle shrugged and stepped into the elevator to head back to the first floor. Halfway down, he realizied what the ref had said. "Wait a minute, when we're out to sea?" He quickly went outside to see that they were indeed still in the harbor.

Not a very efficient staff, are they? Jak said, as surprised as his trainer.

"Sure aren't." Kyle said, shaking his head. For a minute, he just stood there. "Well, what should I do in the meantime?"

OOC: Glad you recognize the song. I got the idea when I read your one post in Hoenn Adventures. By the way, I looked up the song you sang and it got me hooked.

(This battle might go on a little while longer...)

Paul had wasted no time in counterattacking, "Electivire, strike rapid fire with Iron Tail!" Electivire's two tails began to glow white, he then leapt at Machop brandishing them like whips.

"Machop, block as many as you can!" Brendan called, Machop used his arms to knock away any of the tails that tried to strike him. This pattern continued for a bit as Poliwhirl knocked out Shuppet, until Electivire wrapped one of its tails around Machop's arm and tried to strike with the second. What was unique about Machop was that he sometimes could take split-second battle matters into his hands, even as he parried Electivire's moves, he anticipated Electivire wrapping his tails around Machop's arms, and had come up with a method to counter attack. Raising his other fist, he parried the other tail, but twisted his arm around quickly so it too was tied like his other arm. He then leapt back until both tails were taut. He finished the combo by tugging on the tails hard enough to send Machop into Electivire's belly with a sharp kick at the ready. This had done massive damage to Electivire, possibly enough to set the match. However, since Poliwhirl had caused it to rain, Electivire still had a trick up its sleeve. Paul was only just noticing the drizzle coming down, and knew what that meant for an electric type.

"One remedy, cures for both sides. Electivire, use Thunder!" Paul instructed, Electivire once again lashed out with its tails, only needing to touch with the red tips.

"Machop, don't let him touch-" Brendan tried to warn, but it was already too late. Electivire moved with stunning speed and wrapped Machop with its tails, as soon as both tips touched his sides, Machop was filled with so much electricity, it was shooting off his body and causing momentary x-rays of Machop. After Electivire had delivered its present, it flung Machop into the wall. Machop slammed the wall and fell to the ground. Five seconds later, Machop struggled to his knees, he was not down yet, but Machop wouldn't be able to survive another strike and a move like that would knock a water-type like Poliwhirl clean off the ship. The only way to get Electivire down would be to eliminate the risk of the tails. Machop wouldn't be able to do that alone, maybe there was some sort of move combination Machop and Poliwhirl could use. Poliwhirl was a water-type, one that was famed for moves like hypnosis, and-. A fact Brendan knew about Poliwhirl suddenly popped into his mind; Poliwhirl was one of few water-types that knew mud shot.

"Hey, Allen!" Brendan called to Allen, "Get Poliwhirl to try using Mud Shot!"

OOC:

Thanks! I have a very wide range of genre for music. Though I don't really like classics and older music. X-X I'm just weird like that.

BIC:

During the battle, Killian randomly began to dance around with the music and Kuro stared at her for a minute and waited for a command... He never got one because she seemed to forget about everyone else and danced, though her mouth stayed close. Amaya rolled her eyes, You can sing, lamo.

Killian ignored her Pokemon and the Lucario growled. Quickly Killian barked, "I know! Now shhh!" She continued to bounce with the music happily and the Lucario rolled her eyes.

When Jak won, Amaya cheered and then smacked Killian, the dark-haired girl stopped and then cried, "Woot! We won!" She then began to dance around victoriously and Amaya wondered just how insane her trainer was... She'd done that for a while now, in fact she'd been wondering since she evolved. When Max was walking off Killian called, "Awesome music!" Then she glomped Amaya, "I love Simple Plan!"

I noticed. Amaya groaned and watched Violette grin, kiss her Vaporeon on the head when it woke up, and leave silently. Amaya listened intently and heard a plot for revenge and happiness at finding a good opponent. She shook her head and watched the purple obsessed girl leave.

Just then, the referee came over to them. "Now that you two have won, I'll need to borrow your cards from before." He declared. Kyle handed him his card and the referee took out a small device. He swiped the card through, then gave it back. Killian did the same and the referee sighed but scanned it as well.

"So why'd you need to do that?" Kyle asked as he took back his card. Killian blinked and stared at her card before opening her mouth.

Don't bite that, idiot! Killian glared at her Pokemon but shut her mouth and eyed the card strangely, turning it upside down and sideways, wondering what it was for.

"The cards are going to serve as your room keys. All the rooms are on the outside floors. As you win matches, you will have your card upgraded for entry into other rooms." Killian stared at him, What's wrong with having one room? I don't need anything big... Just some room to sleep on and my pokemon...

After a couple seconds she found a number on it and... barked, before shaking her head and sweatdropping. The referee explained that it was the room number and she eyed Kyle's, noticing they had rooms on the same floor. She didn't really think about it.

"So, what do we do now?" Kyle asked as Jak climbed back on his shoulder. Killian looked at the referee with expectation and Amaya sighed.

"Go to your room for some rest, shop around, whatever you like. The next rounds won't begin until tomorrow when we're out to sea." Kyle shrugged and stepped into the elevator to head back to the first floor. Killian stared at the referee.

"You mean we're still at the harbor?" He nodded, "No! I want to be in the ocean! Now!" She crossed her arms and glared at him but he just walked away. "Idiot!" She shrieked and then headed into the elevator. "People these days!" She growled. Amaya shook her head and they all followed their trainer into the elevator. "And now I shall find food!"

"okay Poliwhirl, you heard Brendan, try using mud shot", Allen yelled. But when Poliwhirl tried, a normal stream of water hit Electivire, barely scratching him. "I knew that would happen, so use your new attack instead." But the Electivire had already jumped at Poliwhirl with a thunderpunch. "Dodge now Poliwhirl", Allen yelled. Quickly, Poliwhirl leaped into the air, clear of the attack. "Now, use ice beam!" And with that, a bright blue beam erupted from Poliwhirl's palm.

The ice beam was a direct hit, and the enemy Electivire was frozen solid. "Now Poliwhirl, finish it with body slam!" Allen shouted. With Electivire watching helpless, and his trainer Paul astonished, Poliwhirl charged at full speed. Electivire twitched and struggled to get free, but Poliwhirl slammed him head on. Electivire was thrust back, and freed from the ice. But as he stood up, he stumbled. Just when it seemed to be over, Paul pulled out a potion, "Electivire, this is all I've got, so make it last, or make this quick." With Electivire slightly refueled, the battle was bound to last a little longer.

Brendan was disappointed when they almost defeated the Electivire; Paul decided to heal it with a potion. Brendan doesn't like to use potions; they sort of cover up skill, but he still uses them in emergencies. Nevertheless, they were going to have to get some good hits into Electivire. Brendan was already figuring out a strategy and Machop was resting up a bit, so he was ready to move when he needed to. When Electivire was slowly approaching the two pokémon, Brendan came up with a plan. It might just work if Electivire buys it.

"Machop, Give Poliwhirl a leg up!" Brendan shouted, Allen looked in confusion. Knowing it was essential to keep the full plan secret, he responded with hand motions that signaled that Machop was to throw Poliwhirl over Electivire who in turn will fire an Ice Beam. If Electivire uses his tails to try to give Poliwhirl a little shock, Machop should have an opportunity to hit Electivire from behind. Machop paid attention to the signals, and then shoveled his hands under Poliwhirl's feet, then threw him up into the air. Poliwhirl went over Electivire as the electric-type turned around to keep an eye on Poliwhirl, tails poised to hit Machop should he strike at that moment. Brendan hoped Allen understood the message and respond accordingly.

Okay let's recap what we know from this tournament. Jak said as they continued to stare at the harbor below them. Sense of good trainers, none. Sense of timing, minus three days.

"Just relax." Kyle said, "Let's check out the room we're staying at. Think about it, if they can have a ship with this kinda stuff, just imagine the rooms!" He was suddenly filled with the excitement he'd been trying to give to Jak, and broke into a dash across the deck, checking every door he passed for his room. At one pooint, he finally found it. He swiped the card through a slot attached to the door knob, took a deep breath, and opened the door.

When he saw what was inside, there was a moment of silence. Then, a noise suddenly rang through half of Slateport. "WHAT THE @#%& IS UP WITH THIS TOURNAMENT!?!?!"

The room was not a place where one would want to sleep. The wallpaper was hanging off the walls, it smelled terrible, and last he checked, wood wasn't supposed to be blue. Not to mention the bedsheets had more holes then a Shuckle shell. Kyle took a step inside. You were saying? he said, a slight mocking in his voice.

"Hey, you're sleeping in here too." Kyle said back.

Honestly, I think I'm ready to go in my pokeball.

"Seriously though, look at this place. It's not an apartment, it's a storage shed." He lifted his foot and lightly stomped the floor. Much to his surprise, the floor broke under him. Half his leg went down, and the suddenly lean caused Jak to fall off his shoulder. "I stand corrected, it's an 80-year-old outhouse." he said, pulling his leg out of the hole.

How about instead of staying here we go see what Killian's doing? We still need to show her Jenna. Jak said, putting a smile on his face.

"Oh yeah." Kyle looked at one of the pokeballs on his belt. He had been wanting to show her to Killian. Not to mention Jenna herself had been wanting to see Killian for months. Kyle left and closed his door again, not risking leaving his backpack in that disgusting room.

Best of all, maybe her room is actually decent. Jak said, climbing back on his shoulder. That was all he needed to hear. He sprinted off again, trying to find where Killian was.

"Use ice beam Poliwhirl" Allen yelled. Yet again, Poliwhirl released another bright blue beam from his hands. Electivire tried to use a thunder in time to counter the beam, but was too slow. Electivire took the full brunt of the attack, but still stood firm. Then, just as Electivire was going to fire another thunder, Brendan's Machop struck it from behind, causing it to fall back. Electivire tried to regain his stance, and weakly stood up. But just as soon as he did, he fell back again. Electivire was down.

The opposing trainer Paul, returned his Electivire and left the stage without another word. Allen's Poliwhirl ran to him and jumped on Allen, crashing them both to the ground. Meanwhile, the cigar guy had sent out his Shuppet again and was yelling at it. "You are a piece of crap pokemon", the man yelled. "I wasted so much time and TMs on you, and for what? You can fend for yourself." The man threw Shuppet's pokebal to the floor and smached it with his heel. He then walked away leaving shuppet on the floor alone.

Allen saw this and felt sick. He walked over to the Shuppet and crouched beside him. "Hey, come on, you'll be okay." But Shuppet just started to weep. "How would you like to come with me Shuppet?" Allen asked. The Shuppet looked up at Allen and stopped crying. "I'm serious, you could come with me and Poliwhirl and my other pokemon." Shuppet gave a slight smile, and nodded. Poliwhirl stood near Allen and gave a thumbs up. With that, Shuppet rose off the ground and shook his head with approval. Allen pulled out a fresh pokeball and tossed it at Shuppet. Shuppet was instantly caught inside, and when Allen picked up the pokeball, he said "Shuppet, welcome to the group."

When Poliwhirl successfully hit Electivire with the Ice Beam, Electivire got angry at the half-tadpole pokémon and tried to give it a shock with its tails. Unfortunately for it, that left Machop open to strike.

"Machop, lets finish him off with a Dynamic punch!" Brendan called, Machop's fist began to glow white with a few other colors glimmering here and there. Machop wasted no time and delivered a sharp blow into Electivire's back. Electivire fell forward, and then tried to get up. It was finding it difficult to do so however, the attack was just too dazing. There was a point when Electivire was on his feet and looked a bit like Machop just after the Thunder attack, then he fell back with a thud.

"Electivire is unable to battle! Machop and Poliwhirl win! We now have our victors for this two-on-two tag-team battle; Allen and Brendan!" the referee announced, Paul silently returned his Electivire and shuffled to the elevator. Brendan felt a little sorry for the trainer, it was clear that he had the Electivire for some time; it must have been his main powerhouse. Thomas, on the other hand, completely let it all out on the poor Shuppet before abandoning it. That was the sort of thing that made Brendan angry, the only anger he could show at the moment was a clenched fist. He then relaxed it when he watched Allen bonding with Shuppet. He took out one of his pokéballs.

"It looks like you might be able to make a friend." Brendan whispered, he then put the ball back on his belt. Brendan then bent down and locked a knuckle with his Machop, a way to say congratulations the trainer adopted from his pokémon. Machop then climbed up Brendan's arm and perched itself on his shoulder. Brendan stood up as the referee approached.

"I'm going to need to borrow your card to officially enter you in the tournament." The referee requested. Brendan took out the card and gave it to the referee. He put it through a machine attached to his waist and returned it to Brendan. The card now had two numbers on it, one being 27 and the other being 2. "The card is necessary to access all of the trainer parts of the ship, including the tournament arena, it also serves as your room key. The first number is your room number, and the other is the floor on the main ship its on." He explained, and then went over to Allen to do the same with him. Brendan waited by the elevator for Allen to give him some feedback; a pretty normal act Brendan has adopted.

"That was some battling you pulled off out there, and the Shuppet could make a fine addition to your party. However, I would suggest training Poliwhirl to learn some new tricks to make it stronger than before." Brendan said, unsure on whether bringing up the rain dance counter Electivire used was a good idea.