• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Rise of Rainbow Evolution

Krisseon

Previously ThatMoodyHipster
Ainsley attempted to speak several times, but he just couldn't seem to get a word in. He grimaced a bit, his leaf-like ears folding down in discomfort as he looked between the dark type and the fire type. "Now, fellas, I think we're all just a little stressed out from the craziness of today, let's not get mad at each other for that, okay? Everyone's feelings are valid, and it's okay to have different opinions. We're going to have to work as a team if we're going to help the Rainbow, though, so we might as well learn to get along." He spoke calmly once everyone had simmered down. He hoped the two would listen. Nix was currently hiding behind the grass type, perfectly content with pretending she wasn't there. She didn't like arguing.

Uli, on the other hand, was contemplating what this huge Golurk that had suddenly showed up out of nowhere could possibly have to do with the Rainbow. He had to have awoken for that very reason, as there was no way she wouldn't have met him at some point or another, considering his size. She looked from his words back to him, curious what he might know. "Very well. Yes, I am Uli, Chief of the Pokemon Village. As long as you don't step on anyone you're more than welcome to help us out. Would you happen to know anything about the Rainbow and her situation?"

Hako appreciated the Leafeon’s level-headedness. It was about time someone made an effort to ease the rising tensions. It had only been a few minutes, and tempers were already beginning to stir. Yeesh. If he e was going to have to work in a group, something that already made him uncomfortable, couldn’t he at least be roped in with some...quieter Pokémon? They sure were a rowdy bunch. But, he wasn’t going to get anywhere if he only sat and brooded, they needed to get to the matter at hand. He resolved to wait until everyone had settled a bit. If they were going to save this Rainbow, the very first step would be to create some semblance of order.

"I wasn't fighting," Sunny pouted, hated being roped in with the bickering Pokemon, "I was trying to stop the fighting. I guess my usual method doesn't work. Guess I'm not the big helper like I thought I was." While most would say that to make the others pity them, Sunny truly believed what she said. However, the small hint of sadness was dashed away like a fall leaf in a strong breeze. Her eyes sparkled with happiness as she said, "Oh well! Guess I better try other things then! Peacekeeping is not my thing! Clearly." She flicked her tail happily as she radiated her joyfulness.

Sulfur managed to keep himself quiet, even as everyone changed the narrative. Come on, Ainsley. He wasn't fighting. What were a few light-hearted jabs in the name of a new friendship? Nobody'd done anything totally egregious, and he really did think Ahi was turned colorblind!

Whatever. Sulfur wouldn't waste anyone's time trying to say anything more about it. It worked out for him just fine if he was the bad guy here. He only promised to be nice to the child, anyway. Speaking of: As he watched Sunny's disposition turn unnaturally bright following a stint of self-doubt and sorrow, he felt something. The ice that loved to cover his frozen heart stabbed straight through, painfully.

Sunny was either unstable, or keeping up a brave face for everyone else. Or both. Either way, some perceived fighting was seriously going to affect the kid. "Yeah, I'll shut up for five minutes."

"I think that's 'Sulfur' for 'I'm sorry.'" As Sulfur's red eyes widened up, Brimstone's started to close. She snuggled into his back and yawned.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Gaia had stood up fully again, looking up at the rainbow in thought. He went through his memory, trying to remember if there was something he had heard the ancients talk about that explained this mysterious event. He knew the old tribes were praying to multiple gods, and had carved them into various now decayed and burrowed stones as a tribute and memory. Gaia tried to recall one of the carvings. Something about a deity of... what element was it again? Light? Dreams? Fortune? It must've been something of the sort. Drawing to a conclussion, Gaia could only guess that it was some sort of deity, or atleast a being looked upon as a deity, based on light, as it was evident by the rainbow. He lowered his hand to gently swipe away the words with his thumb and re-wrote a new text:

' If I remember correctly, old tribes prayed to the rainbow. I believe they thought of it as a deity of light. Whatever caused this chaos must be the evil opposite of it.. maybe a being of chaos, a fallen angel looking for revenge, or just the deity's opposite. Whatever it is, I can tell for sure that it means unwell. '

Krisseon

"Er, that's not really..." Ainsley began, but cut himself off with a small sigh. There was just nothing he could say to appease the brooding dark type. He turned to the Espeon of the group, who he'd somehow managed to upset as well. "I didn't mean you, Sunny. You're great at putting a smile on everyone's face!" He offered the youngest of the evolutions. His intentions were to be helpful and positive, but it seemed to be taken differently. He attempted another approach, a small, tired smile appearing, despite his sudden loss of confidence and overall exhaustion. He was always so tired. "Hey guys, why don't we practice some moves to get our minds off of everything?" Though he wasn't much of a fighter himself, he knew it would be useful to know how to handle their newfound evolutions, in case the need would arise. He wasn't sure what to expect, or what the Rainbow would ask of them, but it didn't hurt to prepare for the worst. And who knows, maybe it would help the others cope a little better with the situation. He didn't know for sure, but it was worth a try.

Uli read the text and nodded in thanks to the large Golurk. It wasn't much to go on, as she evidently still knew more than what he could provide, but she appreciated his cooperation nonetheless. "Thank you Gaia. Your help would be very much appreciated in whatever form you can manage it." She offered him a welcoming smile. "But for now, please feel free to make yourself at home here."

Sam felt bad that he did not accomplish what he tried to do. He looked towards Sunny who felt it was her fault. Her the youngest eevultion felt the most from them. They had to be careful when it came to her. He turned towards Sunny. "Sunny I think you are a big help. Who else would stay as cheerful. You as your name suggest are like a ray of golden sun. You bring happiness to those around you." Sam hoped his words would help the little one know that she was appreciated. Even if it does not seem like it most of the time. Sam then turned towards Ainsley. He had a great idea. "That is a great idea. We will all have different moves that we will need to work on to help better defend ourselves if anything happened."

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Eve turned to Ainsley, and smiled.
"Sure! I mean, let's make the best of this! Evolving is.. kinda cool. And we're more powerful, which is great!" She was beginning to feel better, and her personality was obviously a bit different. However, it was easy to tell that this was still Eve.

If they were going to start practicing moves, Sulfur had to set the sleeping cat down on the grass. "Hey, sunshine," he greeted the Espeon again. "If you want to practice your new psychic moves, but don't want to hurt anyone..." His ears perked up tall, his mountain of social faux pas swept under the rug and forgotten. Out of sight, out of mind, or however it went.

He'd taken so many of Brim's blasts in his lifetime, he had to wonder if the Rainbow made him an Umbreon as some kind of karmic justice. Then again, she had her mother, too. Maybe he needed to go practice on his own.

Ahi was a little lost in everything that was happening. Although he did appreciate Sunny’s attempt to explain everything to him, and he thought Ainsley’s suggestion of practicing moves was a good one. He figured since he’s a fire type he could accidentally light things on fire so he should go somewhere without grass and trees for his training. Ahi made his way over to the rocky area of a mountain and began trying out moves. He attempted to let out a breath of fire, but only coughed smoke. This is gonna take some getting used to he thought as he continued his training.

Practicing new moves seemed like a solid idea. As an Eevee, Hako had already pretty much mastered his attacks to protect himself. Now that he was an Electric type, he would need to familliarize himself with Electric moves, as well as continue honing his old ones. Even in the relatively safe Pokémon village, self defense remained a priority for him.

Hako stepped away from the crowd a bit. He wasn’t exactly sure how to go about this. He could sort of feel the energy inside him, a sort of racing sensation in his chest. He just wasn’t sure how to...get it out. He concentrated as best he could on the buzzing, and, sort of, pushed. Nothing. This wasn’t going very well. A sense of dread began to creep over him. If he couldn’t use his type’s attacks, how could he expect to defend himself? A Jolteon without electricity, in addition to his small size, was practically a sitting duck. He did his best to push back those thoughts and continued to concentrate, wishing for something, anything, to spark.

DevVoid

Gaia looked around, seeing some people leave the large crowd. He thought he overheard of the evolved pokemon going to train and hone their moves? He might aswell come with, considering that he's surely gotten rusty in fighting during the long, long sleep he had been in. He began stepping towards the hills he came from, carefully nudging away pokemon beneath his feet before stepping down. He walked a bit further before looking around, making sure noone was near him. Then, he began practicing his ground moves by stomping his feet and using Stomping Tantrum before lifting his left foot higher and dropping it down hard, combining the move into Earthquake.

Krisseon

Ainsley smiled softly at Sulfur letting his guard down for the youngest evolution, but chose to stay quiet, lest he interrupt the moment. He knew there was more to the dark type than a brooding attitude and sarcasm, even if it was far and few in between. It was nice to see nonetheless. He then turned to Eve, his smile growing as he nodded in agreement with her. "Yeah, you're right. I haven't felt this great in ages." He chuckled. Eve seemed much more peppy now, despite her dislike of her girly appearance. This made him happy.

That was the thing with Ainsley; he was a bit of an 'empath' as some would call it. Which was one of the main reasons it was so hard for him to battle other pokemon. If others were happy, he was happy. If others were sad, he was sad. If they were scared, so was he. And so on. Whatever it was that was being felt, he felt it too, whether it directly affected him or not. It wasn't something he could really control, and sometimes it scared him. But it also helped him bond with others as well, so it wasn't necessarily a bad thing either. It was just... a part of him. He guessed that was why some villagers felt so comfortable around him, telling him of their troubles and trusting him with insecurities that could possibly backfire with anyone else.

He snapped out of his thoughts with a start when the booming footsteps of Gaia leaving to do his own training shook the ground he stood on. He looked to the others, all scattered about and already trying to learn how to battle. There was a sudden painful twist in his stomach as the reality of the situation set in. He didn't know how to put his feelings into words, despite his ability to ease others with them. All he could manage was a slight look of worry. Among all the strong pokemon who'd also found themselves touched by the magic of the Rainbow, he felt weak and useless. He didn't know if he had it in him to form any sort of attack, let alone hurt another living being. It just wasn't in his wiring. And that could very well be his downfall...

Sam saw the worry on the green plant pokemon. He walked to where Ainsley was and nudged him. He wanted to get his attention. "Hey Ainsley. It will be ok. Remember you won't be facing this alone. Everyone here is behind you. You don't have to be the strongest to be helpfull. See what you have done. You helped everyone to redirect their attention elsewhere. When it seemed like people would start to fight you stepped in and stopped it. You gave them something to work towards."

Krisseon

Ainsley looked at Sam, a slight blush gracing his cheeks from the encouraging words. He then looked on at the others again upon his comment. This time however, instead of seeing pokemon that were clearly stronger and more capable than him, he saw the beginning of a great team. His ears perked up a bit as his worry slowly subsided. Sam was right. They were all chosen for a reason by this mysterious Rainbow. Now was not the time for self doubt. Not when this team--no, his team needed him the most for support and guidance.

He turned back to the Sam, a smile forming towards the nurturing ice type. "Thanks Sam. I needed that." He offered softly. As the worry faded, a new feeling washed over him. One of appreciation and fondness. And suddenly a light glow haloed around Sam as Ainsley subconsciously used Helping Hand to raise his attack power.

He gasped at the sight, slightly taken aback by the sudden glow. He tilted his head in confusion. "Did... did I do that or did you?"

Meredith grimaced. How was she supposed to fit in with such a diverse group if she'd never spoken a word during the discussion, or the fact that she didn't know much of these evolutions other than the names that had been exchanged? She blinked hovrpurple, crystalline eyes, looking towards everyone before they started to split. The giant of a creature left after giving a peaceful message, and Meredith could see the Pokemon that lived in it's joints move about before resting and allowing the being to leave in peace. The others began to leave the crowd as well, and Meredith took this as her own node to leave. What use would she provide if she couldn't even communicate? She then turned, shaking her head lightly as she tried to comfort herself.

"Meredith, do we have to leave? The others seem so-" Tilly cut herself off, the small bird Pokemon realizing that it couldn't hold onto the smooth, magenta skin of Meredith forever, and stopped her protest. "It's fine, Tilly. We'll laze in the pond some more- maybe this'll get my mind off this Rainbow thing. I'm probably not even involved...just happened to evolve when everyone else did, like a domino effect." Meredith tried to condole the bird, but her herself could not get over her own turmoil.

Meredith then climbed into the water, going from whence she came. She dove into the water, the only thing that still stuck up at the surface was the two shards that came out of her back, like tiny icebergs. She allowed Tilly to float from one of them, before diving deep into the water, unlike she ever could as a tiny Eevee.

Krisseon

Ainsley noticed Meredith leave the group and dive into the pristine lake from the corner of his eye, frowning. Perhaps she was feeling the same way he had a few moments ago. It can be a torturous struggle on your own when self doubt turns it's wicked head in your direction, and he knew that feeling more than he would ever let on. He approached the clean, clear waters, waiting for her to resurface to lend her his thoughts. Though being a vaporeon built for the deep, he didn't know how long she would remain submerged. While he waited, he looked to Uli, who had been patiently observing everyone in content silence.

Uli looked at him with a smile, already knowing his mind was scrambling for answers he couldn't possibly know yet. "Have patience. Everyone copes in different ways. The Rainbow chose you all for a reason, and things will become clear soon. We have to have faith in Her."

Ainsley smiled back at her, her words easing him. He gave her a nod of both thanks and agreement, then looked back to the water.

Sam walked up with Ainsley. He wanted to make sure the pink water type knew how he felt. He wanted her to know that he cared and hoped she felt she mattered as well. Sam sat by the green and yellow pokemon. "You are welcome. We are in this together. It helps to know that you will not have deal with this on your own." Sam sat and called towards the water bird who sat on a rock above the water. "Hey Tilly!"

Meredith swam around the bottom of the pond- the light filtering into the depths from above showed her the beauty of what she once couldn't reach. Coral that looked like the beautiful Corsola sprouted from out of rock- the rock tinted with the colors of the rainbow. It reminded her of the Eeveelutions- Urgh! Couldn't she just get that off her mind for a moment, a second? However, as she stared, she could see vivid cracks in the rock that were not visible before. In a fit of what seemed to be rage, Meredith then kicked the rock with her back leg, the rock tumbling onto its side, and the coral snapping.

She turned, defiantly. Her mind was starting to make things up, she couldn't bear this whole rainbow thing if it was going to plague her thoughts. She began to swim some more, thinking about what she had done in her moment of anger. Meredith...wasn't that supposed to be the name of the 'protector of the sea'? How could she protect if she seemed to hurt things when they didn't go the way she planned? She watched a small Wishiwashi scavenge the pond's floor for food, darting away once seeing Meredith's figure. This is distressing...

Tilly had been floating above the deep below her- she was once scared for Meredith, but the Seagull supposed that now that she had evolved, Meredith could hold her own. The blue shard she balanced on went under with Meredith, so Tilly sort of waded over to a larger rock that stuck up near the surface, and balanced there. The Seagull saw one of the Eeveelutions come over to the water- a Leafeon? Made a bit of sense. The Leafeon stared into the water- and from his eyes only could Tilly recognize him as Ainsley, the Village's therapist of sorts. She didn't know where she knew that from, but it was pretty much all that was on her one-track mind. A Glaceon she didn't know, however, sauntered over as well, the head jewel of there's shining brightly in the sunlight.

Tilly continued watching, they spoke words she could not hear, but they seemed to be waiting for something. Maybe? Or were they looking at their reflections? Tilly didn't know. The Seagull snapped towards the Glaceon, however as her name was called. "Hiya!" Tilly chimed, the small bird going airborne for a second, to glide from one side of the lake to the other, before almost crashing near the icy Eevee. "What can I do ya for, you guys?" The Seagull asked, waving lightly with her tattered wing, covered with a few scratches. She closed her eyes, smiling, as she always had.

Last edited:

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Eve followed behind Sam and Ainsley, feeling bubbly and happy.
"Hey guys! Wanna go train?" she asked excitedly. She couldn't control her intense joy - likely a byproduct of her evolution.
What is wrong with me? she thought.
Her ribbons fluttered in the light breeze, with the sun creating a tiny shimmer in her light blue eyes.

Krisseon

Ainsley smiled at Sam, appreciating his comforting words and overall presence. A fitting friendship, the two of them. He flinched unexpectedly as Tilly nearly crashed into the two, but after calming himself, presented his smile once again at the friendly gesture. "Hey Tilly, can you do me a favor? Let Meredith know she can talk to me, if she'd like to. Whenever she's ready, of course. I'm always here to lend an ear if she's feeling down about something, and maybe I can help. That goes for you as well." He offered softly. He then looked back to Eve, who seemed to be in good spirits at least. He grinned at her eagerness to begin training, nodding in agreement. "Yeah, let's see what these new evolutions can do!" He turned to Sam, gesturing for him to join, and before heading off he gave Tilly a friendly wink to seal the deal.

"Hey Eve, I think I learned something that might help." He looked at her, focusing his energy and emotions into another Helping Hand. It took him a moment of concentration, but his efforts were paid off, and a soft white light haloed Eve as her next attack was boosted. He was hoping it was enough to help shape up her first attempted move.

DevVoid

Memory? Check. Technique? ..could use a little bit of work. Power? Definitive Check.

Gaia had been waltzing around the hill, casually flattening it to the same level as the ground connected to the hills as he tested out the various ground moves he had learned throughout his years. His stomping surely hadn't gone rusty, as he admired his own power making relatively quick work of the hill. Then, he went through his memory again. He knew that many different tribes had taught him to perform moves that he couldn't have learned on his own otherwise, but when was that again, and which moves were they? Gaia thought, and thought... then, he remembered. He crossed his arms, his hands pointing diagonally into the sky and then lowered one arm as he raised the fist of the other into the sky, using Sunny Day to increase the sunshine. Then, he put both arms into the sky and opened his hands, charging up for solar beam. He didn't have to charge long thanks to the sun shining brightly and fired it into the sky, a big green-beam of sunlight flying up and piercing the clouds. If he was gonna train, he may aswell train all and every single attack he remembered. If he uses them well, he could potentially chain them together to do his duty better, which kept him determined to keep training.

Hako was surprised to see a few of the Eeveelutions began to gather at the lakeside, concerning themselves over the Vaporeon who had disappeared into the water. Hako had been so focused on himself, he hadn’t seen her leave. He felt a twinge of guilt at his own coldness, but stayed where he was. Hako was quite certain he would only make things worse; he didn’t exactly have a way with words like the Leafeon or Uli did.

This whole situation was seeming completely wrong for him. How could he be of any help if he could hardly get a word out? Or even manage his evolution’s moves? He sighed, trying to clear his head. Push harder, he reminded himself of his personal mantra. It hadn’t failed him in the past, and it shouldn’t fail him now. He refocused himself on training, determined to test the limits of his new form.

Krisseon

Ainsley noticed the Jolteon watching them and smiled softly before limping over to him. "Would you like a 'Helping Hand'?" He joked with a light giggle. He was feeling a little better about things after his chat with Uli and Sam, and since that was the only move he figured out how to do so far he figured he'd make some rounds with the other evolutions to help them out with their training. He couldn't fight worth beans, but he could definitely help in other ways.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Eve felt a strange energy surging through her, as the Helping Hand took effect. She felt like she could do anything, and that nothing was out of her reach.
She focused intensely on the new power she'd felt when she evolved. She'd heard of one of Sylveon's abilities, and wanted to see if it was true.
She released an intense Hyper Voice, with powerful waves of sound emanating from her. However, instead of the normal white waves, they turned pink and sparkly. This was the result of Sylveon's ability to turn Normal type moves into Fairy ones. Multiple trees swayed heavily under the power of the move.

"Alright! I'll do my best! Meredith seemed a bit disheartened, but I'm sure she'll be willing to talk once she's finished down there." Tilly happily spoke, lowering her wing as she saw them start to dash away. "She might be a little hesitant, but she'll come around." The Seagull paused, before voicing her goodbye. "Bye bye, Ainesly, Glaceon, and uh, Eve? Either way, good luck!" Tilly squawked again, she didn't really catch the name of the Glaceon, but did the Sylveon, a friendly look on the Seagull's little face. She then hopped backwards...one..two..three, and then got a bit of a start flying, her aerial shape wobbly before she crashed into the rock as she did the Glaceon's feet.

Meredith continued to dwell st the bottom of the lake. Many Pokemon lived there- it was surprising to see so many she hadn't before. At least to Meredith. Some others wouldn't feel the same. She caught noise from the surface, but she didn't have the time to catch anything before it became silent. A sight escaped her lips, forming bubbles in the pond before floating up and dissipating. Was this how it was going to be now? Having a uncontrollable anger and only being able to vent it out by hurting the things she had learned to love? No, I can't let this happen.. She scowled lightly, the pressure resurfaced as it did when she kicked the rock.

The Evolution turned Bubble Jet Pokemon's gaze darted around- so much on her mind. She could feel the manifestation of her anger and pain from behind her- a hundred foot tall beast that would devour her. She then started swimming to the surface, she had to get there, she had to- it stopped. She was just below the line, seeing the clouds rolling along the skyline.

Meredith had finally calmed. She didn't know how, or in what way, but seeing how peaceful everything was on the surface- it was...breathtaking. Beautiful. Strikingly gorgeous, any word you could use to describe the majesty of the world, it was that. What was to come if she couldn't control the power this 'rainbow' had given to her? Even if she wasn't involved with this whole Eevee thing, how would she survive? Meredith huffed, and broke the surface- the barrier between the deep blue and the vast sky separated by her form. The Vaporeon's head bobbed above the water, her white and yellow frills fluffing up, reacting to the transfer between the two realms. Meredith looked around- had anything changes while she was gone? She looked around, her gaze stopping on Tilly.

Meredith had been so vested in her own personal trouble that she hadn't allowed herself to speak with the Seagull Pokemon. Meredith dove underwater once more, but resurfaced in front of the rock Tilly was perched on. The bird seemed a bit shocked, but was quickly ecstatic, jumping up and down like a Spheal. "Meredith, Meredith" The Seagull cheered, a bit loud, but noticing this, she quiteted in tone. "Ainsley came over to me and said- and there was a Glaceon and Slyveon- I think her name was uh...Eve? But yeah, they wanted to er- see you!" The jumble of words Tilly spewed surprised Meredith at first, but she tried her best to understand. "Ainsley, the Sylveon, and the Glaceon were looking for me? Why?" Meredith paused, clicking one of the fuchsia gill extenders her ears had become. "I do- wait! They said that...uh..." Meredith waited- she knew she would have to have patience with the young bird.

"They were worried about you! Ainsley said something more complex, but I kinda forgot." Tilly placed one of her wings behind her head, embarrassed. "Ah, I see." Meredith turned. She could see the other Eeveelutions, hanging out and practicing with one another. "Alright then. Would you like to go to shore?" Meredith asked, and Tilly nodded. Meredith then turned, allowing Tilly to grab onto one of the blue crystals from her back, and Meredith swam over to the other side of the lake, readying herself before jumping out of the water. "I guess this is where it begins.." Meredith hummed to herself, looking to the others.

Last edited:
Hako looked up from his feet when one of the Eeveelutions, Ainsley, came to speak to him of all Pokémon. He blinked, bewildered. He was surprised that the Verdant Pokémon had approached him at all... But Ainsley’s cheerful demeanor was sincere, and quite contagious.

The Helping Hand sent a jittery feeling from Hako’s head to the pads of his feet. Without warning, the dull sparking sensation he had felt before seemed to erupt all at once. A shout of surprise escaped the Jolteon as a jolt of Electricity singed the ground around him. After a brief moment of stunned silence, Hako let out a relieved sigh, a mall smile spreading across his face. He turned his gaze to Ainsley, and nodded once.

“Th-Thank you. I needed that.” Even if he couldn’t quite manage an attack like this on his own yet, the Helping Hand was an encouraging push he needed to keep trying.