• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The 'report to moderator' function

Those with good observation or have been here for a while (or both) should know about the 'Report to Moderator' function, and are using it whenever they see a post that's going over the line. And I was just thinking, what are the mechanicisms behind it?

What I mean is, I know that it gets sent as an e-mail, but what appears in the e-mail? Would it say what topic the rule infringement is on and who the rule-breaker is? Or are they opening up an e-mail that only contains the reporter's comment? If it's the latter, I feel sorry for the mods that check their e-mails and dozens that make almost no sense.

What happens is the user's email, who reported, automatically sends an email to all mods. It gives a link to the post, and also your description among other minor details.

That's about it I think (from my reported posts I've received on other forums anyway - it may vary here).

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I don't know about emails, but we have this... sort of a moderator report panel which allows us to see any new reports that gathered up, including who reported them (by user name) and the post in question. Then we can take action and close the report as handled.

In addition to what Stel said, we get an email that has the subject of the reported post, who posted it, who reported it, a link to the post, and the reason why it was reported.