• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Region Travels

"Zang." Scar said while gesturing to a Metapod laying on the ground under a tree. Axel looked over and laughed, "Okay bud, if you say so. We could make it strong " He gave a confident grin while taking out a pokeball. "Scar, Quick Attack...and hold back a bit." Scar rolled his eyes before flashing towards the wild Metapod, hitting it before pinning it to a tree. "That's good Scar, I got it " Axel added before throwing a pokeball at the injured pokemon.
*1....2....3...click!*
Scar grinned while picking up the pokeball before tossing it to Axel. "Okay, we've got a Metapod, let's find out what we can do with it." He said before walking back to use the Rotom Dex.

"Alright! Bulbasaur, dodge the attack by wrapping your Vine Whip around the tree and using it as a swing then use Tackle on Weedle! Pikachu jump over the Icy Wind and use Thundershock on Spheal!" Alex called out, extending his palm.
"Bulba!" Bulbasaur cried as it did exactly what it said and then used the momentum he got from swinging around the tree to shot itself at Weedle, ready to tackle it.
"Pika!" Pikachu yelled as it jumped into the air, over the Icy Wind, the ground froze where Pikachu once was. Pikachu then spun in the air, "Pika! Chuuuu!" Pikachu cried as it shot a Thundershock at Spheal before falling back to the ground.

"Opal! Weedle!" Nate yelled as the attacks connected, dealing lots of damage to them both of the Pokemon. "Alright Weedle, use String Shot on Opal!" Nate ordered, Weedle nodded and shot a web a Opal, "Alright now Opal use Icy Wind on Bulbasuar!" Opal shot a freezing wind at Bulbasaur.

"Pikachu! Block that Icy Wind for Bulbasaur!" Alex order as he clenched his fist, "Pika!" Pikachu exclaimed as it shot a Thundershock and blocked most of the Icy Wind damage for Bulbasaur, but some hit the grass Pokemon doing a fair amount of damage.

"Bulbasaur you alright?" Alex asked as the Pokemon stood up and shook off the ice, "Bulba!" Bulbasaur yelled confidently, "Good, now Pikachu use Quick Attack on Weedle and Bulbasaur use Vine Whip on Spheal!" Alex called out with a smirk, he was really enjoying this battle. "Pika!" Pikachu cried out as it shot toward weedle extremely quickly as it used Quick Attack, Bulbasaur pulled out its vines and shot them at Spheal, ready to strike it.

"Weedle help Opal dodge, and Opal block Pikachu's attack!" Nate responded quickly, Weedle swung Opal around using the String Shot and brought it in front of Pikachu, "Opal use Icy Wind on the ground!" Opal nodded as it shot an Icy Wind covering the ground in front of Pikachu with a thin layer of ice, "Weedle use Poison Sting on Bulbasaur!" Weedle leaped up as it shot several needles at Bulbasaur.

"Woah, nice tactics Nate!" Alex exclaimed as Pikachu began to slip on the ice and Bulbasaur was hit by the Poison Sting. "But, I have some tricks up my sleeve too." Alex said with a smirk as the smoke around Bulbasaur cleared, Bulbasaur stood there confidently smiling.

"Bulbasaur is a Poison Type so that move a little to no effect on it." Alex said, "Now, Pikachu use your tail and thrust into the ground to stabilize yourself!" Alex called out, Pikachu nodded and thrusted its tail into the ground, stopping it from slipping and sliding. "Now, use Thundershock on the field!" Robby called out, Pikachu cried out as it channeled its electricity to the tail and released it there, causing the icy and ground to break.

"Good, now Bulbasaur, pick Pikachu up with Vine Whip and throw him as hard as you can!" Alex called out, clenching his fists. "Bulba!" Bulbasaur cried out as it picked up Pikachu, spun him around to gain momentum, and threw it, "Now Pikachu! Use a Thundershock, Quick Attack combo!" Alex yelled. Pikachu yelled as it spun through the air and it shot electricity everywhere, it sped toward both of Nate's Pokemon with incredible speed and power.

"Dodge it!" Nate yelled in a panic, Weedle quickly used String Shot on a nearby tree to avoid the attack, Opal tried to roll out of the way but got hit instead. "Opal!" Nate cried as he ran out and picked up Opal, he soon saw that Opal had been knocked out by the combination attack, "Opal take a long rest," Nate commented as he returned Opal to it's Pokeball. Nate looked up at the tree that Weedle was in, "Weedle, you ready!" Nate called out, Weedle gave a determined look as it nodded it's head, "Okay, then use String Shot on Bulbasaur!" Weedle quickly shot a web at Bulbasaur.

"Yes! One more to go guys!" Alex exclaimed, his Pokemon responded with their respective sounds and looked toward Weedle. "Bulbasaur dodge that!" Alex called out, but Bulbasaur couldn't move quick enough due to the damage from the previous attacks and was almost hit by the String Shot, but Pikachu pushed it out of the way! Pikachu was wrapped up in a sticky web and was unable to move correctly.

"Pikachu!" Alex yelled, Bulbasaur ran over to it with a worried expression. "Pika, Pika." Pikachu said to Bulbasaur as it struggled in the web, whatever he had said gave Bulbasaur the 'boost' he needed, Bulbasaur glared at Weedle. "Alright, Bulbasaur, use Vine Whip on Weedle!" Alex exclaimed extending his palm, Bulbasaur cried out but instead of shooting a Vine Whip, he shot a Razor Leaf at Weedle! Several sharp leaves speed toward Weedle, "Woah! You leaned a new move!" Alex exclaimed excitedly.

"Dodge it!" Nate yelled, Weedle jumped off of it's branch, using the String Shot to lower itself without falling, along with reeling Pikachu up towards where the Razor Leaf was going. "Nice going Weedle!" Nate exclaimed as he watched Pikachu being hauled up in front of the Razor Leaf attack.

The Razor Leaf hit Pikachu, doing damage, but it also cut him down from the String Shot. Bulbasaur quickly ran over to Pikachu "Bulba, Bulba." Bulbasaur said as it apologized and asked if it was okay. Pikachu nodded and patted Bulbasaur on the head. Alex smiled, he was glad his two new Pokemon were getting along well. "Can you continue Pikachu?" Alex asked the electric mouse, Pikachu nodded confidently even though it didn't have much energy left.

"Alright, let's finish this!" Alex exclaimed, "Pikachu, Thundershock once more! Bulbasaur Razor Leaf again!" Alex exclaimed, the two Pokemon shot their respective attacks at the Weedle.

Lucas continued through Viridian Forest, battling Pokémon here and there and once seeing the other members of Oak's group. He and Obsidian walked past them however, intent on getting out of the Forest and getting to Pewter City. "It seems like this forest goes on forever!" Lucas exclaimed. Obsidian gave a friendly growl of sympathy, before stopping in his tracks. Lucas noticed and asked, "What is it bud?" Obsidian's pupils turned to slits, and he bristled with hostility. The Aerodactyl flapped his wings and began to take off, flying below the tree tops and weaving between them. "Obsidian!" Lucas called, chasing after him.

*A couple minutes later*
"Ob-sidi-an!" Lucas called, out of breath from so much running. Obsidian slowed, tucked his wings in and landed next to a mossy patch of stones. Obsidian looked back at Lucas, who had just caught up to him, and nodded his head forward. "What-is-it?" Lucas asked. He looked crouched down among the stones as listened.

"We got so many!"
"I know! Cliff is gonna be...not as displeased as usual!"

What the Schuckle? What's going on? Lucas thought.

"Poison Sting, let's go!" Nate yelled Weedle began firing small poisonous needles at the attacks but was quickly overpowered and thrown back from the attacks. "Weedle!" Landon exclaimed as he ran over and grabbed Weedle, "Are you okay Weedle?" Weedle looked up at Nate, quickly shaking it's head before leaping out of his arms, "Awesome Weedle, now let's show them what you're made of!" Weedle nodded as it began to glow, Weedle's body became much more rounded and cocoon-like, when it stopped glowing a a yellow cocoon Pokemon stood where Weedle was, it had black eyes and a very hard shell. "Whoa, what happened," Nate muttered as he opened his guidebook and began flipping through pages, "Kakuna, the Cocoon Pokemon. Almost incapable of moving, this Pokémon can only harden its shell to protect itself from predators, Kakuna is the evolved form of Weedle." Nate smiled as stared at his new Pokemon, "Wow, Weedle, you evolved into Kakuna, that's awesome!"

Zane was still wondering around the forest battling wild pokemon here and there he looked down at Fluffy the Charmander had a few scratches from the previous battles. "Keep this up Fluffy and you would be one of my strongest pokemon" Zane said to his pokemon, "Char" spoke Charmander its tail burning bright out of joy from the thought of being its master's strongest pokemon. As they continued to walk in the forest Zane hears something behind the bushes as he came closer he saw a lone Oddish with a sad look. Zane started to walk towards the pokemon it noticed him and suddenly attacked Zane was quick enough to get out of the way Fluffy got in front of Zane growling angrily at the Oddish. Zane was shocked at first but then he noticed the smashed pokeball.

Zane walked passed Fluffy "hold on" Zane told Fluffy Charmander give its master a worried look, "Don't worry I'll be fine just watch" he said as he slowly walked closer to the Oddish, "Calm down I not here to hurt you I see your trainer abandoned you" Oddish sadly nodded, "What a shame I wouldn't mind having a cute pokemon like you on my team what do you say would you like to see the world?" Zane smiled as he pulls out a pokeball presenting it to the Oddish the pokemon throught about it for a few before clicking the pokeball letting itself get sucked into the ball. The ball shook in his hand a few times before hearing aloud click "welcome to the team Oddish" Zane said smiling at the pokeball.

Lucas peeked out from his hiding spot, wary of the voices. He didn't see anything for a moment, but eventually something caught his eye. A flash of beige in between the trees grabbed Lucas's attention, and the boy emerged from the stones to get a closer look. "Stay there, Obsidian." Lucas told his Aerodactyl. Obsidian looked as if he disagreed with this command, but didn't make any move to disobey. Lucas stayed low to the ground, running after the beige color he'd seen.

"That's awesome, Nate!" Alex exclaimed, "How about we end the battle here? I think we both got plenty of training from it." Alex asked as he walked over to his Pokemon and patted them on the head. "Plus, the others are probably pretty far ahead." Alex added as he stood back up and looked toward Nate.

"Alright then," Nate agreed, as he walked over and picked up his Kakuna, "It's great to have you on the team Kakuna!" Kakuna's eyes didn't move a muscle, Landon took out a Pokeball and sent out Opal, "Hey Opal, check this out, Weedle evolved into a Kakuna," Nate explained, Opal looked at Kakuna and began clapping with approval. Nate placed Kakuna in his bag and Opal leaped into his hoodie, "Alright now it's onward to Pewter City!" Nate exclaimed as he began walking.

As Lucas got closer to the beige color, he realized that it was, in fact, a person. It was a boy, probably around eighteen or nineteen with blond hair. He was wearing a sandy overcoat and gray pants with black boots. There was another boy there; he was dressed the same and had black hair. Both wore black sunglasses. They were carrying something between them, but Lucas couldn't make it out. He got closer and heard the cry of a Pokémon. Lucas looked around, thinking that he was about to be attacked, before he realized that it was coming from the thing the boys were carrying. The...cage.

Gage had spent some time exploring Viridian Forest and had been separated from the group. By this time, Rotom had split off and followed him. The little robot floated around Gage and Nick as they walked along. As they walked, or floated as in Rotom's case, something caught Gage's attention. Or more like his leg. A vine jerked out from the brush and grabbed Gage's ankle lifting him into the air "Woah!" the boy cried, completely helpless. He looked over to see a bundle of vine snickering. Rotom gave it a quick scan and said.

"Tangela; The Vine Pokemon. Tangela's vines snap off easily if they are grabbed. This happens without pain, allowing it to make a quick getaway. The lost vines are replaced by newly grown vines the very next day."

"Good to know!" Gage shouted, quickly snapping the vine free with a twist and a jerk of his wrist. The vine broke free from Tangela, and Gage fell to the ground. The grass type snickered at that. "So you're a jokester eh?" Gage asked, as he stood up. Then he began to laugh.

"Yup, let's continue onward!" Alex exclaimed as he patted his Pokemon on the head again and recalled them into their Pokeballs. As the two continued to walk through Viridian Forest, they had seemed to have been separated from the others. "Looks like we lost the others. Hopefully we all make it to Pewter City." Alex said as he looked around.

"So, what are your future goals, Nate?" Alex asked, "I personally want to be able to battle with the current Alolan Champion. He is super strong and his signature Pokemon is Lucario. Despite being the Alolan Champ, he is actually from the Kalos Region." Alex explained.

"That sounds awesome," Nate replied as he continued walking, he got thinking about what he wanted to do, "Personally I want to become stronger and conquer Sinnoh Battle Frontier, they actually just got a new member a few months ago, and what's awesome is we watched!" Nate cheered as he smiled ear to ear, he watched the battle between Pyramid King Brandon and the challenger, he remembered it being a full battle, and an intense one at that, "It was an awesome battle, so once I get stronger I'm going straight to Lake Verity where the Facility is located and challenging him to a battle!" Nate happily ran ahead, until something caught his eye, a small purple Pokemon with big red eyes, and antenna, "Hey it's a Pokemon!" Nate began flipping through pages, "Venonat, the Insect Pokemon. Lives in the shadows of tall trees where it eats insects. It is attracted by light at night," he read out loud. "Well has my Venonat intrigued you?" a voice called out, a boy walked out from behind a tree, he had a large sun hat, sleeveless shirt and shorts, "My name is Abner, and I'm a Pokemon Trainer."

The two boys in the coats kept walking, unaware of Lucas. "Cliff is gonna be rocked when he sees today's haul!" The blonde said. After another minute of walking they came to a pair of ATVs. Now what? Lucas thought. The two loaded the cage into the back of one, then mounted the vehicles. "Time to get these Pokémon to Pewter!" The black-haired boy exclaimed, speeding off. The blonde haired one shouted, "Wait for me!" and sped off after his...companion. The ATV bumped into a thick root and bounced up but kept going. One of the cages fell off the back, but the boy didn't notice.

"I'm Nate, I'm also a trainer," Nate replied to Abner as they shook hands, "Hey Abner, what would you say to a Pokemon battle?" Nate asked eagerly. "I'd say you got yourself a deal, ready Venonat?" Abner replied as his Venonat walked up. "Alright, Kakuna I choose you!" Nate called as he threw his Pokeball high into the air, the Pokeball burst open sending out Kakuna in a white flash of light, "Okay Kakuna let's start off with String Shot!" Kakuna quickly shot sticky webs at Venonat wrapping it in a cocoon of webs. "Venonat use Confusion!" Abner called in response, Venonat's eyes began glowing a bright blue as it destroyed the webs encasing it, "Great now use Confusion again!" Venonat's eyes glowed again as it picked up and threw it far into the forest. "Kakuna!!" Nate yelled as he ran after Kakuna.

Zane and Fluffy continued to explore the forest when a Kakuna come flying from out of nowhere hitting Zane in the head knocking off his glasses. "Ouch, what was that?" Zane said as he reaches down to pick up his glasses putting them back on to get a good look at his attacker it was a Kakuna he smirk at the cocoon pokemon, "Well mister Kakuna I must say you have guts picking a fight with me too bad Fluffy has rip them out you" hearing the mention of his name Fluffy walks in front of his trainer smiling at the bug pokemon smoking coming from his jaws ready to fry the Kakuna when his master gives the word. "Fluffy use, Emb-" Zane stopped when he heard a trainer calling out for the Kakuna.

"Hey there you are Kakuna!" Nate commented as he made his way through the forest, finally finding his Kakuna. "You okay Kakuna?" Nate asked as he picked up the emotionless cocoon Pokemon, completely ignoring Zane at first. "Oh, hi there I'm Nate, please to meet you," Nate extended his hand to Zane completely forgetting about their first encounter, "So what's your name?"

"Let me break it down. My name is Gage and this is my partner Nick. We're comedians, hoping to be the best in the world. Now, I'd think you'd make a great addition to our team. You're pretty funny, and you're pretty good at slapstick comedy. So how about it? Wanna join my team?" Gage said, raising up an empty pokeball. He smiled widely, along with Nick.

Tangela nodded happily. He sent a vine towards the Pokeball, clicking it. Then he was sent inside. It began to shake. Once, twice. Boom! "I think I'll call you Marx. Like the comedian, Harpo Marx. He was a funny slapstick comedian, who never talked." Gage laughed at this, and he sent out the new Tangela. "How you feeling, Marx?"

The grass type nodded and Gage made a fist pump. "Okay gang. Let's go!" And with that they walked forward through the forest, hoping to run into another member
of the group.

-Later-

Gage watch as two ATVs sped past them, nearly hitting Marx. "Watch it!" Gage shouted shaking his fist at them.

Marx tugged on Gage's pant leg and pointed at something that had fell off the back of one of the ATVs. It was a cage, but Gage couldn't see what was in it. He began to jog over hoping to get a better look at it, with Rotom, Nick, and Marx close behind.

Zane stared at the other trainer as if he was serious from the look on the Nate's face he was Zane decided to play along, "My name is Zane nice to meet you....Nate" Zane said with a smirk on his face shaking Nate's hand. "I see that flying Kakuna belongs to you?" After Zane asked his question he heard the sound of roaring engines he turned around and saw two speeding ATVs, "I hope the others are ok I got a bad feeling" Zane thought to himself.

Lucas put his hand to his mouth and whistled three short and sharp notes. This was something he and Obsidian had been working in for a while and as perfected only a couple weeks earlier. The whistle was at a frequency only Aerodactyls could hear, one that meant "Come to me" to Obsidian.

Lucas knew it would take Obsidian a minute or two to fly to him, so he turned his attention to the cage. It wasn't moving, but Lucas could hear a faint whimper coming from it. I wonder what it could be, Lucas thought as he hesitantly approached the cage. As he got closer the whimpering stopped, and Lucas bent down to the cage. The boy looked around for something to smash the lock with, spotting a rock and grabbing it. It took Lucas a couple tries, but eventually he did break the lock. "Hello?" Lucas whispered, reaching his hands into the dark cage. The whimpering started up again and Lucas recoiled. "It's okay," Luca whispered. "I'm a friend." He reached back in and his hands closed on something small and warm. The whimpering stopped.

"What is it, and do you know who those bozos were on the ATVs?" Gage asked, jogging up beside Lucas. Nick climbed up and into Gage's shoulder, while Marx clutched his new trainers ankle. "And is it okay?" Gage added after he heard the whimpering. Then as it stopped as Lucas' hands went in cage, Gage smiled. "And it looks like whatever it is, likes you."

Lucas closed his hands on the Pokémon and slowly pulled it out of the cage. "Ssh-sh-sh," Lucas whispered to it. "It's okay. I'm not going to hurt you." Lucas brought the small Pokémon into the light, reavealing it's small body. It was about a foot tall with a pink, vaguely star-shaped body. It had brown ears and a little tail. The Pokémon was squirming slightly in the light, not so much trying to get away from Lucas but trying to get out of the sunlight. Lucas glanced over at the cage and saw a label on it. Item #0012-Cleffa, it read. "So you're a Cleffa," Lucas murmured, holding onto the Pokémon. It began to whimper again, so Lucas put it down. The Cleffa looked up at Lucas with its small eyes and stood in his shadow.

The Cleffa tugged on Lucas's pant leg, murmuring and staring up at him. "What's wrong, Cleffa?" Lucas asked it. The Cleffa jumped up onto Lucas's lap and gave him a small hug. Hmmm. I wonder, Lucas thought, pulling a Premier Ball from his pocket. He clicked it and it expanded, filling Lucas's palm. "Would you like to stay with me, Cleffa?" Lucas asked it. The Cleffa looked up at Lucas. It stared and him for a few seconds, then gave him a small nod. Lucas took it's little hand in his own and touched the Premier Ball to its forehead. The Cleffa was sucked in, and the Ball began to shake.
Click!

"Yeah, unfortunately it doesn't always fly," Nate replied as returned Kakuna to it's Pokeball, "Hey, you're a trainer, so what would you say to me and you having a battle right hear and now!" Nate requested with excitement, before a speeding ATV through the Forest, Nate quickly dove out of the way, nearly being hit, "Who drives an ATV in the middle of the forest," Nate muttered to himself as he got up, turning to Zane, "Are you okay?" he asked

"Cool, you caught a Cleffa," Gage said as Cleffa's ball mad the soft click noise. 'We might want get out of here, or else me might get hit by anther psycho riding an ATV." he said giving a light chuckle.

He bent down and faced his Tangela and Aipom and said, "Hey guys, would mine hit the tree tops and see where the others might be hanging?" He asked them. Nick gave a light chuckle at his poor joke as he and Marx hit the treetops, searching or the other trainers.

Both Pokemon went in separate directions, with Nick quickly finding Axel, and Marx quickly finding Zane, Nate and Alex, and both Pokemon gesturing for the trainers to follow them as they headed back to Gage.

Rotom quickly scanned the Preimer Ball, and gaining Cleffa's data, annocuing it for all to hear. "Cleffa, the Star Shape Pokemon. When numerous meteors illuminate the night sky, sightings of Cleffa strangely increase."