• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Random Facts Thread

This was a thread I've been thinking of making for awhile, and this is the place where you can post random facts. And it could be about almost anything: It could be about yourself, or a fact you found about something.

All I ask is that you keep this thread at least semi-appropriate. You can swear as much as the rules will allow you too, but don't post a fact about...questionable things.

Okay, so I'll get us started: In the game Bully SE, 2 characters, Dan(Jock) and Thad(Nerd) are brothers, but Dan can be see beating up Thad.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Background knowledge needed: A phoneme is "any of the perceptually distinct units of sound in a specified language that distinguish one word from another", according to Google. So for example, in English, the sounds /p/ and /b/ are separate phonemes, since pat and bat are completely different words.

We have 26 letters in the English alphabet, but there are approximately 44 phonemes in the English language (the number varies depending on dialect differences and etc).

Last edited:
Yes! I've been wanting a thread like this forever!
Anyways here is my fact.

The Tuatara is a Lizard that is native to New Zealand. It is a member of the Rhynchocephalia order and is the only surviving member. Most other members of this order went extinct millions of years ago. This order has also been around for about 200 million years, making the Tuatara a very ancient species. What makes this lizard very interesting is not only that it is incredibly ancient, but it also has a third eye.
Yep you heard me, a Third eye. This third eye is called the parietal eye and is located on top of the Tuatara's head. You might be thinking that the eye is just a little flap of skin or something, but you'd be wrong. This eye has a cornea, retina and lens just like the 'normal' eyes. It even has nerves connecting it to the brain! It is unknown what exactly this third eye is used for, it just sits there on the lizard's head doing nothing. Though some have said that it may be used for collecting sunlight.
Worth noting that this eye is only visible on young lizards. As the lizards get older, scales cover up the eye (but it is still there of course, you just can't see it).

EDIT; Just realised I went really overboard with this 'random' fact.

Last edited:

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
Someone had to put this into this thread sooner or later.
The national animal of Scotland is a Unicorn~
(If you don't believe me, you can always search it up~)

I have another fact: Sometimes, and yo may have had this, but sometimes at night I go into a state where Im awake but I feel like Im dreaming, and when some action-type scene happens, I will almost mimic the action in real life(for an example, in mine, I was walking and I tripped, and my leg jerked up in a tripping motion).

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Hi, I have random 'Charms statistics. Not quite facts, but good enough.

This month (as of time of writing), there have been 5665 new saved trainer cards, 1336 new forum posts, and 1435 new profile posts on Pokécharms, Sadly, I don't track Creative Corner works right now, so I can't easily pull a number for that... maybe next time. :3

Young women are 2-8 times more likely than young men to recieve an ACL injury, one of the reasons being that while men generally squat when they hop off of something, girls usually land upright.

Uranus, the fan-favorite of the planets, is actually pronounced Oo-ran-nus, after the Greek and Roman god of the sky.

The Houston Astros- although regarded as the worst team ever in the Major Baseball League- have entered a World Series, only to be swept by the Chicago White Sox.

Thomas Jefferson, the third president of the United States, played the violin and was quite talented at it.

Scientists hypothesize that even the simplest organisms that live today are much more complex than the organisms that lived in Earth billions of years ago.

Nintendo started out as a card company- they made playing cards before video games.

Last edited:
Even though we have the rule that not everything on this site has to be related to pokemon, I still really like this overlooked fact in the anime episode where they go to the safari zone. Brock actually caught on of ashs Tauros but it was never credited to him. Not that it actually matters since brock was kicked out of the anime and ash hardly even touches his previous pokemon besides Pikachu, but it was still fun to learn this little detail.

FalChromiforme

Formerly Aurora Beam
My name, "Kekoa," means "the courageous one guided with wisdom and strength." alternate definitions include "Warrior." My middle name [too lengthy to here be written] means "obedient."

in other news, MY EYES ARE ALL OF THE COLORS OF THE WORLD (@Kyubeon can confirm this for me.)

Do You Know?
#1 For Fun And Is Fake: Do You Know That 99% Of Humans Like Waffles? Wait... DO YOU LIKE WAFFLES? Yeah we like waffles!

My Real One: Do You Know That Family Guy Had 6 Awards? Okay. Want All Of Dem? This will be a struggle. Take a deep breath.
Teen Choice Award for Choice TV: Animated Show
Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Original Music And Lyrics
Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Voice-Over Performance
Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Individual Achievement in Animation
Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Sound Mixing - Comedy Or Drama Series (Half-Hour And Animation)
Telly Award for TV Programs, Segments, or Promotional Pieces Film/Video - Entertainment

Why I Did That Fact? I Love Family Guy.

Did you know: Limes are actually lemons that turn green due to an allergic reaction to other fruit. If you need to learn if a mysterious food is a fruit, put a lemon next to it. If it starts sneezing, and turns green, then it is indeed a fruit.

Squids have doughnut-shaped brains that their esophagus runs through. As such, if a squid eats something that is very large, it can get brain damage.

If one were to eat the liver of a polar bear, he/she would die. The human body can't tolerate that much vitamin A.

A group of frogs is called an army.

Hippo milk is pink.

Did you know, Vikings actually didn't wear horned helmets. Vikings would usually go bare-headed or wear leather headgear that would sometimes be reinforced with wood. Horns would only provide something for enemies to aim for when trying to knock off the Viking's head protection.

Did you Know that, Splatoon's Inklings were originally going to be Bunnies because you could see there ears and they had white fur so you could see the Ink COOL HUUH?

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Here's a random fact: You suck.

Yes, YOU. Reading this right now. You suck. And you smell.

True facts.

U_MAD.jpg

Here's a random fact: You suck.

Yes, YOU. Reading this right now. You suck. And you smell.

True facts.

U_MAD.jpg
Oh thanks KoL, although I think you should be nicer to a cat who can scratch people's faces off (Yes, I am demon cat <:D)

Okay,

Did you know?

Wikia is one of the most popular Wikifarms.

DID YOU KNOW:

If you took all of the elephants in the world...
...and laid them end to end out into space...
many of the elephants would die?