• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Quest For The Eight Gym Badges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey!
This is sort of my first ever thread, so don't judge me too badly please.
The story is about some rivals, who travel through Kanto, racing to get all eight gym badges.
They meet troubles along the way, such as Team Rocket. The rivals team up to get them out the way.
Follow all Pokecharms rules. especially sockpuppeting rules. We give that a BIG no.

The character profile will be like this, using mine as an example.

Name: Jay
Pokemon: Mankey LVL 5
Moves: Scratch, Low Kick, Leer
Where From: Jay is from Viridian City.
Appearance: Jay has deep blue eyes and is quite skinny. He has midnight black hair that nearly covers his eyes, and is the same height all around his head.
Ambition: To become the champion of Kanto.

Now! Let's begin!

Jay woke up with a spring in his step, he would start adventuring today. He begged his Mom again and again and again to let him leave on an adventure. Eventually, she gave in decided to let him leave on his eleventh birthday. She'd given him his Mankey on his tenth birthday as a gift. Jay loved that Mankey. They'd grown last year with each other. Jay sprinted to the door with his pokedex in hand, his bag on his back, and Mankey by his side and left. "Okay... The first gym is that way!" said Jay, pointing in the direction of Pewter City. He had began his adventure.

Name: Carl
Pokemon: Eevee LVL 5
Moves: Sand attack, Covet, Tackle
Where From: He comes from Viridian
Appearance: He has light green eyes and a long brown coat to match his brown hair, which had a sweeping movement across his forehead.
Ambition: To beat anyone else to the eight badges.

Carl was resting by a tree as Jay walked out of town. He turned to him and spoke. "Hey, you going to Pewter City?" He asked Jay, calmly. "Are you gonna try and get the badge over there? If so, I'll happily head down that route with you." He gestured towards Route 2. "Be careful. Viridian Forest has a ton of Pokemon. We should stock up at the pokecentre first really."

"Yeah I'm going for the badge. And you're probably right about stocking up." Jay turned back towards the town and a few minutes later came back with ten pokeballs and some other resources. He handed half of his pokeballs to Carl. "There you are. Now, we should really get moving." Jay turned to walk up Route 2. "Wait a minute. What's your name? I never got it. Mine's Jay by the way."

Name: Keri
Pokemon: Egg(With Togepi)
Moves:N/A
Where From:Viridian
Appearance: Light Brown with slight blond traces in her hair. Fair skin and petite frame.
Ambition: To complete the Pokédex

“Um, may I come with you please, I can’t go there myself just yet” Keri said, running towards the two boys, holding her egg.

"Uh, I guess so? We're not going too far." Jay turned towards the Route ahead of him. "We're headed to Pewter to challenge the gym there. I'm guessing your not gonna try and challenge Brock, based on that egg you're holding there. I'm Jay by the way." He said reaching out to shake her hand. "What is your name?" He asked, calmly.

“Uh, yeah, I can’t really battle yet” She said. “My Name is Keri, nice to meet you Jay.” She looked over to the other boy”So, uh, what’s your name”

"My name is Carl, salutations Keri. Right... Should we be on our way then. Jay, you can lead the way, my friend." Carl said, gesturing Keri and Jay further forward down the Route.

Jay took off ahead, every so often turning back to make sure everyone was okay. "Viridian forest up ahead!" Jay said, pointing towards the forest. "Carl, get ready for Pokemon battles. Make sure your Pokemon is ready. Keri, I'm sure we can keep you safe. Mankey, get ready, okay?" Jay asked his feisty partner. "Man, Man, Mankey!" Mankey replied.

Keri patted her egg, making sure it was still there. She then saw a weedle, right above her on a tree branch. She grabbed a pokeball, a threw it at the Weedle, but it hit the branch and the Weedle feel in between her and Jay, with the pokeball slightly behind her, next to Carl

"Right, Mankey use Scratch!" Jay said. Mankey obliged, hitting the Weedle in the back of the head. The Weedle used string shot, attaching Mankey to a tree, before running at the Mankey. "Low Kick!" Shouted Jay. Mankey tore his foot out the string, before hitting the middle of the Weedle. It was weakened. "Quick! Throw your pokeball Keri! Cocentrate!"

"Brilliant! Great throw! He's yours now." Jay moved forwards into the forest. "Everyone be ready for everything. You never know what could be around a corner, so stay vigilant." Jay petted his Mankey affectionately. "There! What's that?" Jay had seen a Nidoran. "Mankey, scratch!" Mankey scratched at the belly of the Nidoran. Jay threw a pokeball at the head of the Nidoran. One. Two. The Nidoran jumped out of the pokeball and charged at Mankey. The Mankey instinctively lashed a leg out, knocking the Nidoran into the ground. Jay hit it with another pokeball. One. Two. Three. Click! "Second time lucky!" Jay said as he picked up the pokeball.

Name: Tessa Hines
Pokemon: Charmander Male
Moves: Growl,Scratch,Ember,Smokescreen
Where From: Pallet town
Appearance: Pale tall girl with shoulder length light brown hair and dark brown eyes. Her outfit consist of a light cream hoodie with pockets, underneath there is a white shirt, black leggings and a red sneakers. To carry around her belongings she has a black backpack
Ambition: To travel around the world

Tessa was leaning against a tree, resting her head sightly as she rested for a bit, taking a content deep breath as her Charmander did the same as her, resting for a bit before continuing their journey. Stronger Pokemon could show up in their way as that was the reason they decided to train, to not have headaches our troubles in the future. She could hear some voices talking, probably more trainers capturing Pokemon or training.

Name: Angel Tovar
Pokemon: Pikachu LvL 24 (its been a while and ive trained my pokemon also this pikachu is not from kanto)
Moves: Thunder bolt, Quick attack, iron tail, double team
Where From: Johto
Appearance: Angel is tall with red eyes, his hair is long and white covering a little of his eyes, wear's a blue hoodie and pant's, shirt is white.
Ambition: Being freinds with all pokemon. Angel was traveling with his pikachu to pweter city to challenge the gym, Since he had a bicycle, He passed vermillion and ceruleon, to pweter city, Insted of battling the gym, Angel went to viridian city to train and catch pokemon, He saw trainer's catching pokemon but insted of talking to them he stayed quit like his pikachu and walked away and started to train and catch pokemon.

Last edited:
Name: Clementine Vance
Overall Personality: A bit stoic and stiff, she comes off as a cold person and is very ambitious. No-nonsense kind of person.
Appearance: A tall, thin girl with long and straight black hair. Pale skin, and green eyes. Also, her gaze is pretty condescending.
Pokémon Team:
Pepper (Ponyta, F, lvl thirteen)
Emerald (Trapinch, M, lvl eight)

Movesets:
Tackle, Ember, Stomp, Double Team (Pepper)
Bite, Mud-slap, Bulldoze (Emerald)

Abilities:
Flame Body (Pepper)
Levitate (Emerald)
Clementine had a late start that morning, and she internally freaked out when she saw that her alarm clock read hours past her usual wake-up time. She awoke Pepper, who was sleeping on her bed (which happened to be a pile of unused pillows and blankets, still cozy however) who noticed her trainer’s panic and tried to help her pick out clothing, but mismatched everything and didn’t realize Clementine already had an outfit set out for her. Clementine grabbed the clothing she had on her desk and as quickly as she could, changed into them and slipped on her shoes.

Stomping downstairs with her backpack loosely slung over her left shoulder, Pepper trailing behind, she kissed her father goodbye and headed out the door. Sprinting as fast as she could, Route One was just ahead of her. Passing the sign, her journey has officially begun.

Last edited:

Sol the Lycanroc

Previously Ember Wolf
Name: Platinum
Pokemon: Charmander LV 13 (male, named Magma), Rockruff LV 7 (male, named Sol)
Moves: (Magma) Ember, Scratch, Flamethrower, Smokescreen
(Sol) Sand-attack, Leer, Tackle, Bite
Where from: Pewter City
Apperance: Platinum is a bit tall for her age, standing at 5'4", and she weighs 57 kgs. Her short hair is brown and her eyes are emerald. She has fair skin and wears fingerless gloves to protect her hands. She dons a red t shirt with loose sleeves, and dark brown pants. She also wears a Lycanroc Dusk Form hat/tail and a black backpack, donned with the symbol of Valor.
(for reference, refer to this link: https://www.pixilart.com/art/dusk-lycanroc-trainer-d604b37d711cd9e (Pixilart - Dusk Lycanroc Trainer))
Ambition: To list as many Pokemon as possible in her Pokedex

Platinum was hanging out in a tree in Viridian Forest with Magma when she saw a small group of trainers pass by. She jumped down and Magma joined her. "Hey guys! Is there room for another?" she asked.

Last edited:
Clementine walked farther ahead, to Viridian City, which she promptly passed as she knew the gym there was tough and she definitely wasn’t qualified. While she was there, however, she went over to a convenience store a purchased a few extra potions with the little money she had.

Clementine returned her Ponyta before carrying onto Viridian Forest. Going deep into the woods, she could see a group of trainers up ahead and a girl who jumped down from a tree in front of them. Giving a scoff, she walked forwards.

Instinctively, Pepper let herself out of her Pokéball (which had a flame painted on it by Clementine) and stomped out the flames as to not cause a forest fire or any dangerous disaster. “Oi, watch where you aim, what if the forest burns to the ground?” Clementine scolded, a rude look on her stern face.

Sol the Lycanroc

Previously Ember Wolf
Magma looked down at his feet in shame, then looked up at Platinum with big, watery eyes. Platinum bent down and scratched his head. "It's okay, buddy, we all make mistakes sometimes." She stood back up and said to Clementine, "Sorry about that, he's a fiesty little guy and he sometimes lets himself go a bit too much, but we're working on it."

Clementine saw that the Charmander looked upset about her remark, so she gave a sigh and handed it a Tamato Berry that Pepper usually liked to snack on. “It’s fine. It’d be a shame if a wildfire happened,” She said with a cool, even tone and stood up. “Anyways, quick introduction, I’m Clementine Vance, and this is my Ponyta, Pepper.” Pepper gave a friendly snort and playfully head-butted the Charmander.

Sol the Lycanroc

Previously Ember Wolf
Magma took the berry, and munched on it happily, then began playing with Pepper. Platinum quickly replied, "My name's Platinum, and I'm from Pewter City. It looks like you're heading there to challenge the gym, correct?"

“Well, I’m heading over to Pewter City mainly for another reason, but challenging Brock is also on the agenda. The first thing I’m doing is looking for a Pokémon that has a good match-up advantage before I fight him,” Clementine shrugged, giving the pair another berry to share.

After she gave them the berry, Clementine spoke up again to ask a question. “Let me guess, you’re also going their to challenge him?” She guessed, since in a group of trainers, the next city is usually a stop to challenge any gym that is located there, probably drop into a store, maybe catch another Pokémon, and go to the next town, and repeat.

"Well I'm mostly going on a journey so my egg hatches but I guess I could challenge him." Keri responded. She then showed her egg and said"I just caught a weedle too, come on out weedle." The weedle came out and wiggled over and said"Wee-weedle"

// hey does this thread have a discussion?

Clementine gave a brisk wave to the trainer and her Weedle, before seeing something rummaging in a bush, making a soft noise. Walking over, she sees a sleeping Trapinch in a little nest it made. She has an idea, and silently touches the tip of a Pokéball to its back. Not only three seconds later, the Trapinch is caught. Clementine almost whips out her paints and a paintbrush, forgetting she’s in a forest. “Well, I guess I’ll name it Emerald.. poor thing is going to be so confused when it wakes up,” She walks back to the group, where Pepper sniffs the Pokéball before going back to playing with Magma.

Last edited:

Sol the Lycanroc

Previously Ember Wolf
Magma heard something and let Platinum know by nudging her hand. Platinum walked over to the tree that he was gesturing to and a Rockruff leaped out from behind it. Platinum jumped back in surprise and Magma ran in front of her. The Rockruff bent down into a playing position and barked. Magma quickly got the message and playfully tackled it. Platinum called to Magma, and the Rockruff followed him. "Wow, this is a friendly little guy." It began jumping up on her and barking. Magma looked up at her, pleading. She reached down and pet the Rockruff on its head. "All right, then, I guess you're coming with us." She tapped its nose with a Pokeball and caught the pup. "I think I'll call you Sol." She said to the Pokeball.

//Yes, this is where I got my username. Sol is an OC of mine.

Clementine looked over at the Rockruff, and gave a shrug to herself. “Didn’t know Rockruff inhabited Viridian Forest. Meh, I guess you learn something new everyday,” She said, leaning against the tree and waiting for somebody else to say something, thinking about Emerald and how it’ll react to being caught.

Sol the Lycanroc

Previously Ember Wolf
Platinum adjusted her hat, then put the Pokeball back on her belt. Magma rushed back over to Pepper and began chatting in his own language. Platinum looked back at Clementine, and asked, "Wouldn't it be nice to know the Pokemon language?"

Clementine looked at her, giving a shrug. “That’s a pretty out-of-the-blue question. Sure, it’d be pretty useful if you don’t know what your Pokémon wants. I only know a few words Pepper says, and those are ‘I’m hungry.’ Not sure about Emerald, though,” She thought back to her newly-caught Trapinch.

Walking a few paces ahead of the group, she looks back at them. “We’ve been sitting around here for awhile, let’s get going to Pewter City before it becomes nighttime,” She said, turning her back.

Sol the Lycanroc

Previously Ember Wolf
"Good idea." Platinum replied. Magma jumped onto her backpack and clung to her shoulders for support. "I know my way through the forest pretty well, as I come from Pewter City. This way is the quickest." She pointed before jogging ahead.

// I’ll add Emerald to my form real quick.

Clementine nodded, returning Pepper, and following behind Platinum as she jogged at an even pace. She didn’t really talk much along the way, she mostly just admired the scenery of Virdian Forest with a tiny smile on her face. She could see the nests of tons of Pokémon, scuttling about and minding their own business. In a short time, they’ve arrived at Pewter City.

Clementine looked at Platinum. “Hey, I really need to train up my team before I challenge Brock, would you like to battle real quick?” She asked, adjusting her hair really quickly and holding Pepper’s Pokéball, painted light orange with a flame on the top side.

Sol the Lycanroc

Previously Ember Wolf
Platinum smiled. "Of course! I'd never turn down a battle, especially one with a friend!" Magma jumped off of her backpack and ran forward. "Char!" he agreed, waving his tail.

Clementine grinned, walking over to a nearby battlefield, the loose dirt still a bit wet from the last battle hosted on the arena. Clementine clutched Pepper’s Pokéball, and called her out to the field. She was ready and had a look of defiance on her face. “Let’s do this thing. Pepper, use Tackle and Stomp,” She said, and Pepper charged at the fire Pokémon, and prepared to use stomp if she knocked him down.

Sol the Lycanroc

Previously Ember Wolf
Pepper was fast, and she knocked Magma over with a Tackle, but before she could Stomp, Magma rolled out of the way. "Now, use Flamethrower!" Platinum commanded. Magma took a deep breath, then unleashed a large blast of fire that hurtled towards the opponent at blazing (ba-dum-tss) speed.

// oof pepper’s ability is flash fire, which is basically any fire move used against her does nothing but strengthening her own, but for the sake of the battle being fair i’ll just have it as flame body

Pepper, although her speed was definitely abundant, didn’t have enough reaction time to move and Magma landed a critical hit. Thankfully it wasn’t a water move, or else she would probably have been very close to being knocked out.

“Are you okay?” She asked her Ponyta, who quickly nodded. “Okay then. Double Team up and use Tackle!” Duplicates of Pepper were spread across the battlefield in mere seconds, all charging towards Magma.

Sol the Lycanroc

Previously Ember Wolf
Magma looked around, confused, then decided to jump as high as he could to try to escape the Tackle, but Magma still got hit. Luckily, he landed on his feet and quickly rebounded with a Smokescreen, then went in to use Ember after he thick smoke covered Pepper.

// this might be a good time to discuss who should win the battle. is it two on two or one on one?

“Pepper! Double Team again!” Pepper quickly repeated the move, the ember acting as a guide so she knew where she was moving. It barely grazed her real self, singeing the end of her tail but destroyed a number of her copies. Pepper and her clones rushed towards the Charmander again, some jumping, some dashing.

Clementine couldn’t see what was up, but she knew that Pepper was attacking based off of the sounds of diamond-hard hooves hitting the ground at rapid rates. “Stomp!” She yelled, and the remaining clones poised to attack.

Sol the Lycanroc

Previously Ember Wolf
//I'm not exactly sure who should win, but I think it should be me, since your Pokemon is at a lesser level, but even if you do, Pepper will still gain a lot of experience for putting up a good fight.

Magma saw the clones surrounding him, ready to attack, and he let loose with another Flamethrower, going in all directions and destroying many clones, and possibly damaging Pepper.

// Yeah that’s alright, and I’m probably not going to have Clementine use Emerald because she just caught him without him knowing.

The Ponyta unsuccessfully evaded the flamethrower, and it hit. She was just about knocked out. “Pepper! Use Ember!” Pepper nodded, showing off an Ember that was as powerful as she could make it in order to further weaken the Charmander. Pepper was extremely weakened, but was stubborn enough to not give up hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.