• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Pruie Region

Raina looked at the Chandelure with an unreadable look. A million possibilities as to what it would do ran through her head in a second as she cooly considered her choices. Raina stepped forward to make her decision, brushing a bit of dust off her shirt self-consciously as she did so.

"Toast, move to the right and brick break!" Toast obeyed, the fire-type using its fire wheel to roll to the right before jumping into the air, firing his brick break onto his fellow fire type.

The brick break phased through Chandelure quickly. Toast rolled into a ball as he fell, minimizing the damage as he cursed his trainer's lackluster knowledge of Pokemon resistances and habit of remembering personal details as opposed to important things. Raina sucked in a deep breath, the young woman anxiously untying her flannel with shaky hands and pulling it on. Raina gazed up at her black-haired friend, her steely eyes flickering past his violet ones for a second before making her move. The Fire Spin flew around Toast, licking around him teasingly as he was slowly becoming swallowed in a fiery sea of pain. The heat was getting a bit unbearing, even for a fiery rat like himself. He winced in pain, looking to his trainer with a pained gleam in his eyes for help.

Raina analyzed the situation as fast as she could. The pain in Toast's eyes was killing her, even if she wasn't the one physically damaged. The bond between them was stronger than ever, as they battled as a unit. Raina sighed slightly, making her decision. She couldn't attack, switch, or somehow negate the fire, and she was out of healing supplies. "I'm sorry, Toast..." Raina's voice rang out, breaking slightly. "You're just going to have to tough it out," She spoke softly, ending her turn as Toast barked in pain.

Last edited:
Raina sighed in relief as Toast was burnt, the flames engulfing him, consuming the Typhlosion before burning it, fainting Toast. Raina anxiously bit the side of her cheek hard enough to draw blood before returning Toast to its Poke Ball, emblazoned with a piece of Toast crudely drawn on it. Raina examined her Poke Balls, scanning over them. Raina picked up the one with a water swirl on it, courtesy of Ink. The ball seemed to have a slightly salty scent to it as she picked it up. Raina tossed it open, Azuru forming from the glowing light with a glare prevalent on its face. She sucked in a breath.

"Azuru, Aqua Jet!" She simply commanded. Azuru obeyed, moving as fast as she could, engulfing her body in a thin veil of water as the Azumarill sped forward, jumping in the air to hit the floating body of Chandelure. Raina sucked the blood in her mouth, blinking as she watched the battle in anticipation.

Raina watched as the fist of the mushroom Pokemon flew into Azuru's gut, knocking the air out of her as she flew, hitting a column. Azuru felt the strange sensation of energy being sucked from her gut to Breloom's fist as the mouse Pokemon caught its breath. Raina could hear Shade saying something, but she couldn't make it out. The blood was pounding in her ears at this point. Her freckled cheeks tinged red as she made her next move. Azuru could definitely take a hit and was up for another round.

"Play Rough, Azuru!" Raina spoke with determination. Azuru lunged forward, rolling into a ball before unrolling and began to brawl with Breloom, exchanging slaps, hits, and blind tackles. Some of them didn't hit, some of them did, though Raina definitely couldn't tell as she watched what was probably the hardest battle of her life.

Raina sucked in a breath before exhaling. "You know what, that's fair. Why are we even doing this? It doesn't seem like there's an official champion, considering there's been absolutely no coverage on them!" Raina intensely spoke, her voice raising at the end. She returned Azuru to her Poke Ball. Raina threw her flannel to the side, brushed her hair back, and adjusted her mailbag. Raina blinked twice, before heading to Harry. She sighed.

"I think..." Raina began softly. "I think you should be champion, Harry. You've-you've been working hard this whole time, and honestly? None of us give a fuck about the title, like Gerard Way over there said," Raina spat, jabbing a thumb at Shade. She looked to Luke, and then Shade, and finally, Aurus before speaking again. She rested a hand on Harry's shoulder. "Let's go make you champion after you 'beat us all fairly', get pizza, and wrap this shit up. It's been going too long, ya' know? Why drag it out?" Raina finished, rubbing her hands onto her leggings before smirking.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Harry was actually suprised at Raina and Shade.

“I guess a title doesn’t matter, but why do you suggest me? I’ve just been a normal trainer, ya know? Sure I got my pokemon evolved and everything but I basically left midway through your journey... and I still feel bad about that. But what do you mean by “beat us all fairly?” Didn’t both of you just quit?”

Raina laughed, a clear, melodious laugh. "Shut up, Harry. Shut up. Come on. You've training hard, you've generally worked us all together, and...you're just great, okay? Who else is going to be champion, Stella?" Raina smiled. "And, no, we didn't quick. You beat us, reeemmmemmber?" Raina's expression switched, turning her eyes to the ground. "Please, man."

"That sh-shit you pulled with T-T-Team Shadow w-was not ok-kay," Luke admitted, then spoke with shocking clarity, "But friends forgive. We work with each other to grow."

Luke was taken aback by his own voice.

"So I g-g-guess we're cool," Luke said, the spell broken. Aurus put a paw on Luke's shoulder reassuringly.

"And Harry-" Luke began, "If y-y-y-you want the title of Unofficial Champion, or ch-champion of the group... it's yours. At least, I d-don't need to challenge y-you."

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
“Hmm... nah. I don’t feel as if I’m a champion type of guy. Besides we’re all equal, right? It’d be weird if people thought one of us was better because of a title. Plus I wouldn’t have even earned it. I think we should just go and watch a movie or something. We deserve a break, don't we?" Harry said with a smile.

"You know what? Fuck yeah. Let's just, like, fly somewhere and get pizza, rent a hotel, and watch a movie, like you said." Raina's eyes flickered past everyone before inhaling and exhaling, a bittersweet tension lingering in the air as they began to end this chapter of their life. The sequel hook was coming, but before then, she could just relax.

"V-Valleyville," Luke nodded, smiling, "First I-I-I need t-to do something."

Luke wandered away from the chatting group, into the beginning of another wooded area. He knelt down, and let all of Pokemon out. He teared up, knowing what he needed to go.

"Y-Y-Y-Y-You all have," Luke shivered, several tears falling down his face. Aurus gestured for all of the Pokemon to a form a circle. They all touched each other, linking up. Then, Aurus put a paw to Luke's heart.

You all have done so well. You've grown so strong, and we've grown close. But our journey is over now. You all have the spirit of Champions. That is not my destiny. So...

Aurus nodded somberly.

You are all released. Go. Make your own destinies. Find your own future.

You will know how to find us if you need us.

"Us?" Luke asked. Aurus nodded.

Luke wiped the tears from his eyes, and slowly deactivated his Pokeballs. Horus bowed their head, then took off into the skies. Caesar glanced around for a few moments, let out a thrilled primate scream, and rushed further into the woods. Ursa nodded towards Luke, then lumbered off. Doragon pounded their chest a few times before scampering away.

"Y-You're really staying?" Luke questioned. Aurus patted Luke on the back.

"Well, you're free if-f-f you ever change your m-mind."

Aurus seemed to chuckle. He took Luke's hand and led him back to the group.

Raina Green smiled as she parted ways with the group of broken teens who she had been traveling with other the last few years, beginning her walk back to her hometown. She felt the air around her become lighter. The burden on her shoulders had been lifted. Raina flicked a lock of red hair behind her ear. Her hair was getting pretty long, going to her mid back, due to her lack of a haircut during her journey. Raina hesitated. As she walked down the path, she really thought about the feeling of hair on her neck and how...unnatural it felt.

Raina sucked in a breath, pulling out a sheathed knife from her jean pockets. It was now or nothing. She was beginning a new chapter of her life. Sure, she could get a professional haircut, but where’s the fun in that? In one solid blow, she chopped through her hair, cutting it into a choppy, uneven bob falling to her collarbones. Raina held the chunk of hair, feeling an odd sense of clarity, without regret.

Raina continued her walk. Any stray Pidgeys and weak bug-catchers were destroyed by Toast without a single command from Raina. Her thoughts ran through her head, rationalizing, thinking about her past. The inner demons flittering in and out of her life. Her troubling past. The horrid experiences she faced. The images of Harry, Luke, and Shade fluttered through her head.

As the stars began to spill over the sky, Toast pulled onto Raina’s shoulder. She sighed and began to set up camp in a clearing near a creek. Her worn bag fell next to a large, billowy tree. Raina sent out all of her Pokemon to keep watch over her and keep her warm. She set out some spare sweaters and shirts to lay on, pulling her hoodie over her head. After eating a squished sandwich and a lukewarm lemonade, she lay back onto her backpack.

Toast curled next to Raina, warming her. Azuru lay in the nearby body of water, floating on her tail. Ink lay next to Raina’s side, the Swadloon wrapping itself in its leaves. Bean, the Honchcrow, sat in the tree above her. Raina fell asleep, curled on her side.

Raina woke up, stretching. She dumped out the contents of her backpack. Old granola bars, half a bottle of not-so-fresh water, expired makeup products, dead pens, ripped napkins, and a weathered Pokeball with a familiar cloud insignia showered down on the ground. Raina sighed. She put the food-esque things into the napkins, throwing everything else back into her bag. She picked up the clothes she used to sleep in.

Most of them were too dirty, ripped, and/or small to wear, so she placed them all on in a pile. The ginger took any wood nearby and crafted a haphazard campfire. She looked to Toast, her faithful companion, smiling an unforced smile. They had been through so much together.

“Light the fire, please,” Raina simply commanded. Toast did so, Raina watching mindlessly as her clothes from this era of her life went up in flames. She cleared her throat, blinking as she surveyed her surroundings. There was definitely resources to be used.

“Okay, guys, I have a job for each of you. Azuru,” she turned to the floating water-type. “Please fish up anything we can eat. Ink, help me search for edible flora.” Azuru began fishing as soon as she said that. “Toast, keep the fire going. Bean, just fly over us and scout for any plants we can eat.”

With that, Raina and her Pokemon worked as a perfect team. Ink and Raina dug up potatoes, picked berries, and gathered mint leaves, while Bean helped himself to any worms they happened to find. Toast kept the fire going with his body heat, and Azuru found a good amount of fish and a few frogs, in which Raina demanded she released the frogs.

They enjoyed a decent breakfast of cooked fish, fruit salad, and roasted potatoes before continuing their journey home. Raina felt enlightened as she walked. She was almost done with this mentally exhausting journey.

She entered Pflugerville. After tossing aside her trash and healing her Pokemon, she continued walking. Raina easily breezed through the first route, the one that gave her trouble the first time around. She was at the end of her journey. The same place she started.

Clear Rose Village.

Luke glanced at Aurus. It had been about a day since he had seen his team or his group of friends. It would be much longer than that before he saw them again. Only Aurus remained.

Luke sighed, and thought to Aurus: Well. What now?

Aurus didn't know any more than Luke did.

So what? We just walk around Pruie aimlessly?

Aurus smiled and shook his head.

Can we-? Can we go home before we decide on anything? It's been a long time since I've seen my family.

Of course. We will visit your home. Perhaps there we will find clarity. There, we will decide what to do next.

Luke nodded confidently. He was going home.

Raina smiled with nostalgia. She passed the Professor’s lab, the same place she got Toast. The various pink-gray houses blurred as she walked, no, ran, to the place she spent her childhood in. She trampled pink, white, and purple roses under her feet. She nearly fell into the crystal clear pond full of lilies and roses as she sprinted. Raina missed her mother.

Her clear, brown eyes. Her aged face. Her gentle features. Raina cursed herself. Her own mother was just a hazy blur in the murky lake of her mind. She stopped to catch her breath as she stood in front of her house. Brushing her choppy hair to the side, she slowed her pace to a gentle walk.

Raina looked around. The exterior hadn’t changed much. Raina smiled again as she looked up at the tree she’d remembered getting stuck in when she first learned how to climb trees. The fluffy, patchy grass that surrounded the house was covered in white, flowering weeds. Raina hesitated before knocking on the pale pink door with the glass rose emblazoned on it, showing into the house. The house creaked the same creak from her childhood, like a friendly hello to an old friend.

A woman with dirty blond hair, bags under her eyes, and little makeup answered the door, a Leafeon following her closely. She showed a tired, shocked smile.

“R-Raina? Is that really you?”

Raina responded by tackling her mom with a hug, tears in her gray eyes, as she finally ended her journey through the Pruie region.