• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Pruie Region

Soon Raina was clutching Bean's toe, flying towards Alum Town. Raina hummed a simple tune, excited as this was her last gym battle.

Bean dropped Raina off, excited for the future. Bean had a bit of training in Zephyr and was about level 30. It was pretty low so she figured she wouldn't use him. Toast seemed raring to go, the Quilava puffing smoke randomly.

Azuru would fare well too. Raina looked up, seeing another gym arch. This one was steel. The words "Steel Type Master Acer Green" were painted on it.

"Huh, same last name. Cool." Raina didn't think much of it. She entered the gym tentatively.

The place was pretty ugly. While they had the chance to make pretty and intricate metal designs, instead they decided to make it all steel. There was no cool decor or personalization like the other gyms. Just a simple black carpet with metal torches leading to an uncomfortable looking metal throne. The place reeked of smoke.

"Hey Raina." The man with the beard and the cigarette said in a singsong tone.

"Dad?" She uttered, her voice breaking.

When Luke woke up, he ate some of the broth Katia and her mother had prepared.
"So were you traveling through here before you were abducted?" Katia asked. Luke nodded. "Why? What brought you to Berg City?"
"The g-g-gym."
"The gym? I happen to know Ais, the Gym Leader. He's my grandfather's friend. And the other Gym Leader, Glace, is my cousin. Small town here. They're both really powerful. I don't know how skilled you are, so you might have some trouble. Hey! Why don't we battle?"
"Ok-k-kay. I'm r-r-ready. Go Aurus!"
Aurus hopped out, and sped outside the igloo. Luke wrapped up in a coat, and followed. The rules were simple. Each trainer had three Pokemon. That was it. Katia sent out Beartic. Aurus and Beartic battled fiercely. Beartic barreled towards Aurus, but Aurus flipped over her, and blasted her in the back. Beartic skidded across the ice, allowing Aurus to use Aura Sphere to defeat her. Next, Katia sent out Alolan Ninetales.
"You're from-m-m Alola?" Luke asked.
"No," Katia admitted, "Glace went there to study the Ice Type Alolan Forms, and brought me an Alolan Vulpix. Now her and I are a tough team to beat. Prepare to lose! Use Ice Beam!"
Alolan Ninetales blasted Aurus with a beam of ice, freezing him solid. He tried using Aura Energy to break free, but Alolan Ninetales delivered a swift blow to shatter the ice and defeat him. Next, Caesar was sent out. Flare Blitz easily defeated Alolan Ninetales, as it did Weavile, Katia's final Pokemon.
"Wow. You are pretty good. But Ais and Glace are a lot more powerful than I am. Ais uses Cloyster, Mamoswine, Walrein, Avalugg, and a Mega Abomasnow. Glace uses Aurorus, Crabominable, Cryogonal, Alolan Sandslash, and Mega Glalie. Good luck. Come on back here after the battle."

Luke looked up, and saw Shade waving at him. He took a deep breath, and made his way over to him. Shade was the reason for Ursa's Shadow Forme, and Luke's stutter. As well as all the trauma they had endured. But, Luke was a kid. A kid had endless innocence, and compassion. The experience in the Void had sapped some of that away, but Luke's overall youthfulness overcame it, leading him to mostly forgive Shade.
"H-H-Hey Shade," Luke said, shivering in the cold.

(Not dead)
"Come on. Don't you love me? I'm your father!"

Raina struggled to find her words.
"This-this isn't parenting. You lost that title years ago."

"Oh, I think it is. I see you haven't changed a bit." The stubby man replied.
(Lol I'm supposed to be on kahoot)

Angel stuffed her hands into her pockets as she looked around Enigma Town. The last place she had seen her friends three months ago. She wondered what had happened to all of them. "Hopefully they're all doing okay..." She whispered to herself. She looked at her Pokemon, all of them were out of their Pokeballs. Unfortunately, Angel still had problems of her own to deal with. She still had yet to find a way to help Rikki. He seemed to be opening up ever so slowly, but whatever she tried still had yet to work. "Well, I think it's time to move on. Try and win this thing." She stated to herself, and her team. She rubbed her recently-evolved Kitsune on the head. While in Goldenrod, she managed to snatch a Fire Stone before she bolted from home. Maybe it wasn't such a waste of a trip after all. She pulled out four Pokeballs and returned Panzer, Rikki, Kitsune, and Poseidon. Then, Angel turned to Tempest and climbed onto the Flygon's back. "Alright, girl, let's go to Alum Town." With her trainer's command, Tempest shot off into the sky.

"It's-s okay man-n. I for-r-rgive you."
Luke looked into Shade's eyes. Perhaps they really could start over. Try again. And maybe... not end up in a Void this time. Aurus appeared out of his Pokeball, and put a paw on Shade's forehead. A blue mist settled over Shade, and Aurus smiled.
"Lucar," Aurus said, and stepped away. The blue mist faded.
"Aurus has-s-s-s forgiv-v-ven you t-t-t-too," Luke smiled.

"Well, brace yourself for a shitton of questions. First of all, why are you a gym leader?" Raina asked.

"For all the glory." Acer laughed, a terrible, wheezy laugh, his breath reeking of cigarettes. Raina shuddered subconciously.

He cleared his throat.
"Eh, basically had the job. With all my gym leader ties, it was a cinch. Decent pay as well." He simply answered.

"W-what do you mean gym leader ties?" Raina asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You don't know? Well, there's my shitty sister, Oris, my goody-two-shoes cousin, Roark, my Uncle what's-his-face, my dad, and now Andromeda. A shame she's a slut." He counted on his fingers.

Raina couldn't help but get angry with his last remark.
"You-you fucking shit biscuit! She doesn't dress like that by choice!" Her voice broke in the middle.

Acer simply laughed that wheezy laugh of his. "Brilliant insults. 'Shit biscuit'. Gotta start saying that one." With a chuckle, he threw his cigarette to the ground before taking out a fresh one, as well as a lighter.

Last edited:
Suddenly, Luke saw a tall girl with icy-blue hair. Glace. It reminded him of what he wanted to ask Shade.
"S-S-So I'm-m guessing you're h-h-h-here to challenge th-the gym-m?" Luke asked.

Raina rolled her eyes.
"Let's-let's just start battling."

Acer smirked and sent out Metagross and Raina sent out Toast.

To say the odds were in Raina's favor was a lie. She managed to faint Metagross, but at the cost of Azuru and Toast. Soon, she was only down to Bean, a lowly little sprout. It was unimpressive to say the least, especially compared to Toast and Metagross.

"Man, I'd thought you'd be a better battler." He paused to cough, wheezing terribly. "You need better Pokemon, and why the fuck would you put those moves on your Pokemon?" Acer was calmly perched on his throne, lazily barking out orders while Raina was sweating, face redder than her hair.

He sighed.
"Metagross, Metal Claw." Acer ordered with a wave of his hand. The scratch sent Bean flying, and not in a good way. He fell, limp.

Raina rushed to Bean, feeding him a max revive. The soft treat melted in his beak.

"Come follow me." He yanked Raina by the jacket around her waist.

"Hey!" She cried, struggling. The man was feeble from drugs, but could easily sling her over his shoulder. Raina hit his back, struggling.

Luke shifted uncomfortably, waiting for Shade to reply. After about a minute of awkward silence, Luke realized that he wasn't getting a reply out of Shade. He crept backwards slowly, then briskly walked towards the gym, that looked more like a big meat freezer. Aurus jogged after him. He stepped into the gym, and nearly froze. Ais and Glace were talking at the back of the gym.
"H-H-Hey!" Luke called, walking over to them.
"Whoa! Watch out!" Glace yelled. Luke raised an eyebrow, confused. Then, he lost his footing, and fell over. Black ice.
"BWAHAHAHA!" Ais howled, "That was PRICELESS!"
"Oh. Heh heh," Luke chuckled, sheepishly.
"Wait a second," Glace said, "I know you. You're that kid who Katia was taking care of."
"Yeah. Th-that's me," Luke nodded.
"I assume you're here to challenge me," Glace guessed.
"Sure. Whoever is-s avail-lable," Luke said.
"Well then yes. You'll battle me!" Glace cheered.
"Uh, no," Ais said, shaking his head, "You had the last challenger. This one's mine."
"Uh-uh! No fair! You totally battled the last challenger!" Glace complained.
"Did not."
"Did too!"
"DID NOT!"
"DID TOO!"
Luke scooted away uncomfortably.
"Don't go!" Glace yelled, turning to Luke, "Wait. I have an idea. Ais, why don't we both choose three Pokemon, and battle him as a tag team?"
Ais just grinned, and nodded.
"Kid, you can use all of your Pokemon. And use two at a time," Ais explained.
Luke smiled.
"Let the Berg City Gym Battle begin!" Ais called out. He threw Mamoswine out. Glace flung a Pokeball that released a Aurorus.
"G-Go Doragon! Y-You too Caesar!" Luke said. Doragon the Kommo-o and Caesar the Infernape leapt onto the ice. They slid around a bit, but Doragon's claws helped him get a grip.
"Mamoswine, use Blizzard!" Ais ordered.
"Aurorus use Hail!" Glace called.
A Hail/Blizzard combo. Aurorus screeched, and hail began shooting down from the ceiling. Mamoswine roared, and creating a vortex of freezing winds, that whipped the hail pellets around. Caesar blew fire around him in a circle to help weaken the hail before it reached him. Doragon curled up in his scales, but the Ice attacks were still super effective. They had to end this quickly.
"D-Doragon use Drag-gon Claw! Caesar use F-Flare Blitz!"
Caesar nodded, and took off like a bullet across the ice. Flames erupted from his fur, and he slammed into Mamoswine at full speed. Then, in mid air, he flipped around, and sprang off of Mamoswine to land a punch of Aurorus. While Aurorus was distracted, Doragon slammed his massive claws down on her. Mamoswine shakily got back up, but Aurorus was defeated.
"Return Aurorus. Go Cryogonal! Use Ice Shard followed up by Rapid Spin!"
"Mamoswine use Mud Bomb!" Ais ordered.
Mamoswine hurled a glob of mud from his mouth, that hit Caesar's feet. It hit Doragon in the face, knocking him over. The mud quickly froze into place, and Caesar couldn't move. Then, Cryogonal grew dagger-like icicles along his sides, and spun around. The icicles flew off of Cryogonal at record speeds, and plunged into Caesar and Doragon. They both fainted.
"R-Return y-you t-t-two," Luke said, "G-Go H-Horus and Ursa! Horus use Psychic on Ur-rsa's Hamm-mmer Arm!"
Ursa grinned, and her arm stiffened. Horus cawed, and his eyes turned purple. So did Ursa's arm. Ursa zipped through the air like a superhero, and smashed her fist into Mamoswine's face. Mamoswine flew backwards, and crashed into the wall, unconscious.
"Return Mamoswine. Go Walrein! Use Ice Fang!"
"Cryogonal use Sheer Cold!"
Cryogonal shivered, and released a blast of blue energy. The energy dissipated, and floated upwards. Walrein, however, charged at Horus with glowing blue tusks. Ursa jumped in the way, and used Hammer Arm on Walrein's tusks. Walrein's tusk got stuck in the ground, and Horus easily landed a Psychic attack. Then, Horus used Future Sight. Cryogonal flew towards Horus and Ursa. The two Pokemon looked at each other, and nodded. They knew what to do. When Cryogonal got close, Ursa snatched it out of the air. Horus immediately began jabbing at it with its beak. Then Horus finished Cryogonal off with Psychic. By the time Cryogonal fainted, the Future Sight attack hit Walrein, and knocked him out as well.
"Well, well," Ais grinned, "You've gotten us down to our last Pokemon. Unfortunately for you, we saved the best for last. Go Abomasnow!"
"Go Glalie!" Glace called.
Then, in unison, the two gym leaders thrust their arms upwards. They brought them down to chest level, and tapped on a bracelet. Energy made up of many colors shot towards Abomasnow and Glalie. Then the two Pokemon began to change. As if it were evolution. Mega Evolution. Abomasnow was not hunched over on all fours, and Glalie had a horn of ice jutting out from her forehead.
Luke gulped.
Mega Abomasnow used Icy Wind as Mega Glalie used Blizzard. It was like a Mega Blizzard. Horus and Ursa braced themselves. Horus was knocked back immediately, and pelted with little bits of ice at high speeds. He fainted. But Ursa pulled through.
"Return Hor-rus," Luke said, "Go Aur-rus!"
Aurus sprang onto the icy battlefield, and closed his eyes.
"W-What are you d-d-doing?" Luke asked.
Aurus's lips turned upwards in a little smile. Then, he lifted one leg, and put his paws together. Meanwhile, Mega Glalie was beating down on Ursa, and Mega Abomasnow was charging straight at Aurus. When Mega Abomasnow was mere inches away, Aurus tilted his paws outwards, and released a barrage of Aura Energy. Mega Abomasnow was blasted backwards, through the wall of the gym. He was defeated. Then, Aurus collapsed, drained of all energy. Both Pokemon were returned to their balls. Now it was just between Ursa and Mega Glalie.
"C-Come on Ursa! Y-You can do this!"
Mega Glalie continued jabbing Ursa with her horn. Ursa had had enough. She used Thrash, and went wild on Mega Glalie. She grabbed her, and slammed her against the ground. In a few moments, the battle was over. Ursa was standing over a regular Glalie. The Mega Evolution had faded after her defeat.
Ais and Glace just stared on in shock.
"I guess you win," Glace said.
Ais slid across the ice, and handed Luke a jagged blue badge.
"This is the Ayz Badge," Ais said, "You earned it."
"M-M-My eighth badge!" Luke cheered, hugging Ais out of the blue.
After a few congratulatory statements from Glace, Luke headed back to Katia's home.

Raina and her father rarely interacted. She had too much apathy to care, and she was too in shock to process what'd happened.

She didn't know what to do-should she go home? No. She had to travel somewhere else.

After goodbyes with Katia, Luke left to head to the Pokemon League. With all eight badges, and a powerful team, he knew he could win.
Aurus. Caesar. Ursa. Horus. Doragon.
They had all helped him so much. Now, they were going to win the Pokemon League together.
Luke got on Horus, and soared towards the Pokemon League.

Raina woke up with a start, groaning and rubbing her head. Her muscles ached. She was in some forest, resting on a leaf.
"What the hell happened..." Raina muttered under her breath.
Ink the Swadloon stood in front of her. Raina gasped and rubbed her eyes. "Aren't you dead?"

Ink held up a piece of leaf-paper.
Raina squinted to read it. "It was convinent to the plot." Raina paused. "Well, can't argue with that logic."
Raina had been out for months. Raina just sat there, thinking about her existence.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
A mysterious stranger with a red scarf and black clothes could be seen flying on a Staraptor. Something caught his eye and he descended. He got off of his Staraptor and started walking towards a person. “I wanted to fight the gym but I never knew this would happen,” the stranger said. Then he dropped down near the person and started slapping the person’s face. “C’mon wake up nerd,” the stranger said to the person with Pokemon around him.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
The stranger grinned, but it was hidden by his scarf. "Maybe, maybe not," he said as he extended his hand. "I might tell you if you follow me. But, I wanna know more about you... Soren," he told Shade. "Like for starters, why were you passed out?" he asked while thinking of his memories with the Hickory Kids.

The icy winter air swirled around Raina, consuming her like the thoughts of those who betrayed her. The frost glazed the leaf she was sitting on gently. The clouds covered the air and the trees surrounding her and Ink. Raina shivered a bit before putting on the blood red hoodie that was wrapped around her thin waist. Her steel gray eyes scanned her area.

"Time to get my bearings..." Raina muttered under her breath.
She sent out all of her Pokemon. Azuru the Azumarill, Ink the Swadloon, Toast the Typhlosion, and Bean the Honchcrow.

But in her pocket was another Pokeball. Raina could tell there was a Pokemon inside of it.
"What the..." Raina said as a Skarmory leapt out.
Ink held up another sign. "His name is Nicotine, and he's here to help." Raina mouthed, reading the sign. She nodded.
"Must be my father's... a steel type and his name is Nicotine," Raina thought.

"Well, I guess I have to get the last two badges... But after all I've been through it seems a bit anti-climatic..." Raina thought out loud. Ink shook her head and showed the last two badges.

"You-you guys beat it on your own?!" Raina exclaimed. "Yes, dipshit. Did you think we stole them?" Ink held up a sign.
Raina smiled, not even caring about Ink's sass. She hugged her backpack, excited for a new adventure.

Luke sat on the steps leading to the grand dome that was the Pruie Pokemon League. That is where he would test his skills. There, he would see if everything leading up to this... if it had been worth it. He had lost all of his friends. Some had vanished, some had turned dark. But he had set out on a quest. A quest to become a Champion. And he was going to become Champion.
The tournament would start soon, and Luke would be ready.
Aurus, the Lucario, stood in front of Luke, massaging his temples. Aurus sent psychokinetic pulses through Luke's mind, linking the two souls. They would do this. Together.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Harry stepped back surprised at everything that happened. He didn't understand half of it, but he didn't care. It seemed they have all gotten ready for the league to him so he got back on Staraptor. Then, he saw Raina. He immediately got off and rushed towards her. "Raina! Raina! I tried to act cool in front of Soren, but I don't think that worked. So I'll be like before. It's me, Harry! Are you ready for the league?" he asked excitedly.

"Harry who?" Raina asked. Suddenly the memories came rushing back. "Oh yeah, the weird kid who fell asleep while standing up." She cleared her throat and fake smiled. "Oh yeah! I've totally remembered you over a span of 2 years!" Raina said.

"Yeah, I'm ready. I think I'll fly there." Raina said, looking at the energetic teen.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"Yeah I know. Well, I think Soren is already there. Maybe Luke, too? Anyways, cya. I'm gonna fly there right now. Gotta get my badges and stuff," Harry chuckled.

He finished saying bye to Raina and got on Stella. "To Mt Akdov!" he shouted enthusiastically. Stella took off and eventually reached the league. Harry returned Stella and registered. Then he saw Luke. "Hey, Luke! How's it been! What, 2 years?" he asked while laughing.

Aurus heard an old friend, Harry, call out to Luke. He took his paws away from Luke's head, and allowed Luke to speak.
"Y-Yeah it's b-b-been a while," Luke acknowledged, "Are y-y-you all here to b-battle in the L-League?"

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"Yep. Can't wait to see you there. Raina's gonna fly over soon, so that's a thing. I think Soren just wants to win, but I'm not sure what he's thinking right now. But, I'm tired and want to sleep in my room that they gave me. So, see ya tomorrow," Harry said. He knew it was late and he wanted to be ready for tomorrow when the tournament starts so he wanted to have some rest. He left the room and reached his own. After putting his stuff down, he got on his bed and fell asleep.

Luke decided to turn in as well. He and Aurus trudged up the stairs, and into the coliseum. The lobby was nearly empty, save for the few employees working the front desk. An employee politely reminded him that Pokemon were only allowed out of their Pokeballs in the arena. Luke returned Aurus to his capsule, and wandered over to the chrome elevator. He stepped inside, and punched the "7" button. The elevator shot upwards, as if fired from a gun, and screeched to a halt the moment it reached floor 7.
Luke stepped out of the elevator, and walked down an ugly beige hall. The carpet was an obscene combination of colors. Muddy brown overlapped vibrant red, while a repugnant green clashed against a sickly orange. Luke found his room, Room 713.
Luke swiped his flimsy keycard in front of the block above the door handle. There was sharp click, and the handle loosened. Luke drew down the handle, and pushed open the door.
Luke's room was nothing nice. A colorless carpet was laid over the floor. A queen sized bed with stained sheets lay in the far left corner, next to a smudged window. The curtains were a pale brown color, and scraggly. They rustled as cold air shot out from the air conditioner underneath the window. In the corner across from the bed was a maroon chair. The arms were well worn, with several tears in the fabric. Next to the seat was a small, eggshell white mini-fridge. On the wall nearest Luke was a sliding door, that revealed a tiny closet.
"D-D-Disgusting," Luke muttered.
There was no way Luke could fall asleep in the bed. He could already envision Wurmples chewing their way through the mattress, and up to Luke's body. Luke took off his gray t-shirt, revealing his thin torso. There was a hint of emerging abs, but nothing impressive. He slipped out of his khaki shorts, leaving only his flimsy blue boxers. He didn't want the hypothetical Wumples ruining his clothes.
Luke slipped into the sheets, and shuddered. The AC had made the room too cold, and the paper-thin sheets didn't help that fact. Luke tossed and turned until he realized there was zero chance of sleep. Unless...
Luke let Aurus out of his Pokeball. Aurus gave Luke a quizzical look, wondering why Luke had broken one of the hotel's rules.
"G-Get over it," Luke scoffed, "And p-p-put me to bed."
Aurus's look softened, and his mouth twisted into a sort of smile. He put his paws on Luke's head, linking their Auras. Luke was out in seconds.

Raina quickly flew to the league, holding onto Bean's toe. She landed near the coliseum, but not quite inside. Raina didn't want to go through the trouble of renting a room, so she simply rolled out a black sleeping bag under the trees. The stars were rather pretty that night and the air was cold. Raina shivered before burrowing into her nest. Too lazy to change, she simply slept in her clothes, falling asleep to the sounds of the stars.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Harry woke up and hit his head on the ceiling. "The fuck? Was I always this tall?" he asked himself as he rubbed his head. He quickly got out of bed and changed into a black hoodie and jeans, but kept the same scarf. He noticed that the room he was staying in was rather dusty, as well. "Guess the ceiling is just lower than normal ceilings," he thought.

He looked outside the window and saw that the sun had begun rising up. "Well, I guess I can go looking around. Not like there's much to do anyways, I'm on top of a mountain," he said. Harry felt a bit lonely so he released Ignis, his Blaziken. "Let's walk around together, a'ight bud?" he asked his Pokémon. Ignis nodded and the two began exploring the coliseum.

Luke awoke, groggily. Aurus was snoring loudly in the ratty chair across from the bed. Luke had fallen asleep before he could put him back in his Pokeball.
"W-Wake up, Aurus," Luke said, rolling out of bed. He slid back into his dirty khaki shorts from last night. Anything to cover up the... nevermind.
Aurus groaned, and woke up.
"The T-Tournament starts-s-s-s today," Luke smiled, patting Aurus on the back of the head.
"Luc," Aurus grinned, ready to battle.
FANTAMUS:
upload_2018-2-19_10-24-16.png

PRUIE:
536522_trainercard-Luke_Branson.png

Raina woke up, sleepily rubbing her steel gray eyes. Her eyes adjusted to the darkness quickly. She arose from her sleeping bag and packed up her area. "Shoulda' changed my clothes..." The ginger muttered under her breath. Raina shrugged. "Screw it," Raina said aloud. Looking around, she didn't see anyone, so she stripped off her clothing and changed into a green longsleeved flannel tee and some jeggings. Hoping no one saw her, she entered the massive coliseum.

Raina looked up to see Shade. "Oh, hey. Nice to see you." Raina paused.
"Am I the only one who finds this slightly anticlimactic? Like, after all we've been through?" Raina asked. She really bonded with Shade over the two years or so of her journey. Raina smiled. While the name change still confused her, he was still the same cinnamon roll he always was.

"I saw her last. She went back to Goldenrod, I believe. My memories have been a bit fuzzy. Everythings like a blur to me, it has gone by so fast..." Raina replied. "I dunno what I wanna do after this...But I know I want a fresh start. I have family in Fantamus." Raina smiled at the memory. "I think we should keep in touch, even if we're all going separate ways after this. Say, I wonder how my Aunt's doing, she just had a kid. I believe her name was Lilith or something."

"Woah, small world. That's a huge coincidence." Raina's eyes widened. Raina simply smiled as he chattered. It was kinda endearing, in an annoying way. "Okay, fair enough. Maybe we can meet up and go on a small Fantamus journey." Raina thought out loud.

"So, how do you think the tournament will go? I'm just doing it because I have all the badges, I don't care about winning, nor do I think I'll win." Raina asked.

Luke noticed a crazed Breloom on roller skates. What the heck? He traced the wacky beast back to...
"Sh-Shade?" Luke called out. And was that-
"Rain-na t-too?" Luke beamed. His friend and his frenemy! Luke jogged over to them.

Raina simply did an awkward wave.
"Hello, traumatic experience buddy! Doing the tournament as well?" Raina asked. She looked to the Breloom that seemed to occupy most of his attention then looked back, as if the entire situation was normal.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Harry was walking around with Ignis and saw his old friends walking around, but he particularly looked at Shade's Breloom on skates. However he quickly turned his attention back towards the homo sapiens that he knew about. "Well, looks like the Hickory kids are back together," he said with a smirk. Ignis went over to Breloom and stopped him. Then he waved. "You know, this was bound to happen, don't you Raina. After all, plot convenience."

"Well, not Luke. He flew in from like, Sinnoh." Raina paused. "How can I remember that but not all the type affectivenesses and stuff?" Raina shook her head. "Well, this isn't exactly a story. If there were some higher power controlling me, I'd prolly like flip them off or something, they made my life so fucking terrible."

"T-Terrible is right," Luke agreed. He kept his mouth clean, like a child of Arceus.
He found it amusing how Harry was talking as if they were in a story. Obviously, they weren't. Duh. No fourth-wall breaks here.
"You all r-ready to get going?" Luke asked.

"Well, enough procrastination, let's finish the damn tournament, kiddos," Raina said, wanting to stop lollygagging and just finish Pruie so she could move on with her life. Pruie was a mess, though it was fun. Raina wanted to leave Pruie and get on with a new chapter of her life, travel, and visit family. Pruie had kept her trapped, imprisoned in a two-year journey that had damaged her. She'd been mugged, trapped, attacked, torn by the environments, and tortured by life, which seemed to always never go her way.

"One day, I want the higher power controlling me, if they exist, to write me into some arc where I'm relaxing at home with some tea and a movie. But obviously, not. Let's just finish the tournament, whether or not we do it right here and now or in the arenas," Raina rambled, getting ready to battle as she took out some supplies. Raina had grown quite a bit in the one-two year span. Raina was taller, had longer hair, and generally looked more attractive and mature, though staying mostly on the average side.

"Woah, dude, no swearing on this Christian server. I'm not sure how that joke would work considering there's no outright religion in this universe, which is weird, but whatever." Raina shrugged, looking at the boy who'd suddenly become angry. "How about we just...like, battle right here, and unofficially crown the winner as 'champion'? We've had more bullshit occur, so why not?" Raina suggested to Shade.

Raina's chapped lips curved into a slow, playful smirk. She pulled a lock of coarse, red hair behind her ear. The exciting rush of battling ran through her, warming her veins slightly as she felt the cold metal of her Pokeball in her hand. Raina easily opened it with the flick of her wrist, the muscle memory that was burned into her resurfacing with a happy, reformed emotion. A glowing light emerged from the ball, flickering her face in the light for a second before darkening again. A large, animal-like creature rose from the light, the silhouette very recognizable, even without color.

"This isn't a shitty anime, Shade. You know that's an Arcanine. Also, wow, love that monologue." She folded her arms. The Pokemon rose up next to her, standing in the same pose as her. Raina genuinely smiled, the expression looking warm yet out of place on her. "Toast. God, your name is so 'XD I'm suuu randum!'..." Raina said, laughing slightly through her statement and nervously brushing her bangs off of her forehead and sighing, leaning her back against a nearby column. "We're so fucked up..."

Toast made an 'x-block' with his arms, blocking most of the air from his body. The force pushed him back, creating lines in the ground from his feet. He sucked in a breath of air, sighing slightly as he glared at his opponent.

"Toast, flame wheel around Pidgeot, please!" Raina commanded, pointing to the unnamed Pidgeot with a smile as she continued to watch the battle unfold. Toast obeyed, curling into a ball and rolling around the Pidgeot, the smoke rising around the bird. Raina hoped it would deter the bird Pokemon, though she knew nothing about the flight patterns of Pokemon.

Luke gazed on at the battle. These friends had been through a lot together. Finally, their journey would end. They could all move on. Find something bigger. Greater. Perhaps even find it together. Who knew what the future would hold? For now, Luke was content with seeing this chapter of his life end with a grand battle between two friends, torn apart by circumstance.

Aurus peered at the two trainers as well. No. Beyond the two trainers. He did not witness the battle as Luke did. He witnessed the auras of the competitors. Raina was as snarky as she'd ever been, but there was something deeper. A maturity that they had never seen. A whole-hearted compassion towards her Pokemon, no matter how quirky they were.

Shade was still a little edgy kid trying to get his life back together. However, he too had grown. He now inspired his team- gave them hope.

Even the Pokemon had auras. Both had a drive to win. For glory. For love. For that special bond that a trainer and Pokemon share upon completing a journey.

Aurus sat down next to Luke, and smiled, contentedly. He was happy. Peaceful. Despite all that had happened. He had Luke. Caesar. Ursa. Horus. Doragon. That was enough.

Luke put his arm around his companion, and softly whispered, "W-W-W-Well, there goes our-r-r chance at be-being Champion."

Aurus put a paw on Luke's heart.

We do not need the title of Champion. We have shared this experience. That is all we need.

Luke's eyebrows shot up, shocked. Then, he relaxed, smiled, and pulled Aurus close again. He was right. Champion was just a title. What he, Shade, Raina, Harry, Angel, and... yes, Hysan, had experienced, was far greater.