• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
@Pokemon Master Blue it's hard to learn in the sense that grammatically it's very different from English. There are also very few cognates with English (essentially, words that sound similar and mean the same thing) and you'd have to learn three different writing systems if you want to read it. However, all languages have their difficulties and the important thing is to constantly practice and expose yourself to the language (I don't recommend anime as the way they speak isn't quite how people in Japan actually would talk; talk shows and game shows are probably the better way to go imo).

@Pokemon Master Blue it's hard to learn in the sense that grammatically it's very different from English. There are also very few cognates with English (essentially, words that sound similar and mean the same thing) and you'd have to learn three different writing systems if you want to read it. However, all languages have their difficulties and the important thing is to constantly practice and expose yourself to the language (I don't recommend anime as the way they speak isn't quite how people in Japan actually would talk; talk shows and game shows are probably the better way to go imo).
To be honest, I wouldn't try to learn Japanese through anime. I would like to learn it because Japan and it's culture is Very fascinating to me and I would not want to be that guy who doesn't know a single word of Japanese and wants to explore its culture.

But anyway, It was also a language I wanted to learn sence I was 9 years old.

Last edited:
I spent 9 years (one year after birth) in Japan. So of course being taught Japanese as well as English and Spanish was a lot for my little brain, but I ended up learning mainly English and many conversation starter Japanese words, phrases, and eventually full on sentences. Everyone surrounding me spoke so fluently, I thought I was the weeaboo without even knowing what that was or watching anime at all because I wasn't in to that living in Japan (how ironic).

I moved to America before turning 10, and to this day, the Florida education system to me is the kind of thing that could have let me expand what I knew, but was all like "Nah man, US History and oranges."

Tangentially related, but sometimes the US History courses can be give and take too. Mine back when I was in high school was taught by a college professor who moved down to the high school level to teach AP. He was incredibly smart and very charismatic, and kept things really engaging - he also knew a lot of the "little known facts" that weren't in most textbooks. However, he got easily sidetracked by questions (and one of our classmates really liked to sidetrack him), so we didn't even get to World War II before the school year ended. It took us a week to get through the assassination of Lincoln.

2016's song should be "The Day the Music Died" by Don McLean, because MY GOD as the days go by, good musicians pass away.
You're probably going to hate me for this but because I grew up with that song, it's actually called "American Pie." I'm sorry, I just freaking love that song, even though it's 9 minutes long XD

I was watching my friend play Counter-Strike Global Offensive a little while ago, and he spotted this kid, presumably 10 or younger, running around with no pants on. He had everything else equipped... even shoes. No pants, though. :arr:

I was watching my friend play Counter-Strike Global Offensive a little while ago, and he spotted this kid, presumably 10 or younger, running around with no pants on. He had everything else equipped... even shoes. No pants, though. :arr:
He was 10, that's what they do. I would know, I live on a street with a bunch of ten year olds who will probably become male strippers

My god it was an actual sunny day in Florida. It may be called the Sunshine state, but I like to call it the London state. It sure does rain a lot..and thunder a lot...

I have been nearly struck by lightning twice in my life, one time being down the street while I was walking back to my house. They say you have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than winning the lottery. Well I better freaking win because I'm gonna die by random acts of nature.

Well, look at where we are. I may have just lost my girlfriend, the one person who made me feel alive. Yes, I love all of yall here on Charms but there was no match to @The Blue Blur . I didn't sleep last night- too much to think about. For those who saw my status- Did not self harm last night, but I will be honest, my most recent scars are from Saturday.

But with the strength of carrying on for my beloved Blur, I announce this; Me and Blur were co-writing a story. 6 characters, each part switching the POVs of each couple. So, with that, I announce my next book. It has yet to be titled but there is an excerpt on my Wattpad entitled Scotts Bullet. You should check it out.

4.26.16 EDIT:
I've named the book to be Six Blurred Best Friends, I hope you guys know why. But it just seems since what happened, my emotions have been really switchy. I'll be fine all day at school, not have any issues, etcetera. And yes, I know I did cry yesterday at school but that was in the morning, you'd cry too if you had to bottle it up inside for an entire night and you were tortured by not being able to sleep it away. I couldn't sleep that night all because her mom actually texted me telling me I was forbidden to contact her. But it has been switchy beyond all belief. I was actually really happy and goofy today, I had this paper doll with me and I played with that when I had the time and I was really enjoying it but the minute I walked in the door, greeted by a hyperactive dog of course, I broke down into tears. I don't know if that's what happens when something awful happens but if it is, no one can say that me and Blur didn't love each other.

Last edited:

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
So today, an old church friend of mine found me in the student union on campus and we talked a bit about how sexuality and Christianity intersect with each other. Unlike my conversation with my old roommate, who was very clearly a bigot and misogynist and said “this is what God said in the Bible”, he was much more open about homosexuality and LGBT issues and stuff.

He’s also attracted to the same sex as himself.

While we talked, he was able to share his side of the issue and talk about what he thought of homosexuality and the church. And while our points might not completely agree, I’m really happy that I finally got to talk to someone who identified outside of the heterosexual norm and have an open, non-judgmental conversation on these issues from a Christian standpoint.

Also, bonus: he's one of my first crushes ever and I find it hilarious that he's gay and I'm not straight either. The world works in strange ways!

I have learned so much over the years, and a lot of it tends to be the negatives in life.

In Japan, I had no idea what racism was, "negro" just meant black in Spanish, Weeaboos seemed to blend in, and EVERYONE HAD BLACK/BROWN HAIR (Exceptions being the Air Force bases)

I guess I came at a wrong time to America, being oppressed for who I am, and then suddenly become different people as the recent years rolled by. Oh well I ignored the hate and moved on with my life. Now I'm a well respected individual within my community of friends and family, which is kind of why I laughed at Anti-Bully films, because ignoring people's shit is better than letting it control you. I miss the days when saying "black" didn't make people call you a racist. Yes. This is real life.

Oh, how foolish I've been this whole time. I thought that the thing that would get me and Blur back together was being sneaky, like my thoughts of bringing her a gift to her fucking house (since we met in person), just sneaking our relationship, but I'm soooo foolish. Yes, I do realize that once Blur goes to college we can date all we want, and I have been right about that this whole time, us being sneaky is what got us caught in the first place. So, I'm going to do the last thing I can- Apologize.

Last edited:
I sigh in relief as I have put up with the most stressful week in a long time and dealing with the opression from many people. I look up and wonder when the opression will end. Probably next week or something; life sure has been shitty for a lot of people these past weeks. I just so happened to get shat on because I exist.

But my god I haven't heard silence in such a long time...

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
@SteelMineral - Obviously it means your own thoughts are worth more to you than they are to someone else!
Although if you look at the origin of the phrases, "penny for your thoughts" is a lot older - it hails from a time where a penny was quite a lot of money to most people. Therefore, "penny for your thoughts" is designed to imply that you think said thoughts are valuable. :)

Although if you look at the origin of the phrases, "penny for your thoughts" is a lot older - it hails from a time where a penny was quite a lot of money to most people. Therefore, "penny for your thoughts" is designed to imply that you think said thoughts are valuable. :)
Huh! And according to Wikipedia, "my two cents" may actually be derived from "penny for your thoughts" like so: "I said a penny for your thoughts, but I got two pennies' worth," ie, the person is oversharing or talking to much.

Idioms!

Edit: Wait! That means my original joke answer was actually right all along

Attachments

• male stripper.png
    male stripper.png
    387.4 KB · Views: 36
Look, I don't even listen to Green Day and hell, I knew the fact about his father before I saw this post but I still want to cry nonetheless
13267620_1075050052554821_1774448570_n.jpg

Guys, if you're a fan of Green Day, please, when September comes and ends, please don't comment something like "Wake up" or something. Billie was ten years old when his father died. It has had a major effect on him, everything does on us all. Me, I can't take it when you mention self harm and sexual assault, that's an example. Please, just control the urge, okay?

Hmmm....should I do some writing on here, finally, maybe?

I know I have got a few things planned for this year's badfic/bad RP contest, if there is one. Some very fun things. ;)

Also, maybe I will finally get to work on that silly Undertale fanfic I wanted to do. It's called UNDERTAIL, to throw out a hint about its story and focus. Yep, very original title. :p

"My Thoughts of the moment"

"NONONONONONONONONONONOSTOOOOPNONONONONONONONONONONOWHYMENONONONONONONONONONOI'LLFREAKINGKILLYOUNONONONONONONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO."

Technically my thoughts of Captain America Civil War.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
tumblr_o8d11a6Gty1rcs0rzo1_1280.jpg

A-kon loot! The substitue keychain was made by @Kiwibear and I love it very much~ and I lost my original Eeveelution lanyard (rather, some fucker stole it) so I had to buy a new one.

Not pictured is my pack of poker cards with a different legendary Pokemon pictured on each card. That shit costed $25 but you know what? I love it so much. $25 for basically 54 different artworks? Yes please~