• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Pokemon of Ridgewater | Discussion

Once upon a time a selection of Pokemon wake up in a village called Ridgewater, with no memory, recollection of what happened to prior or any information about themselves. They don't know their names, friends, family or any glimpse of where they are from. They wake up somewhere in the village built around a large river that has stone brick houses and a grand looking bridge that goes over the river that seems the civilisation revolved around. The Pokemon quest on for answers or at the very least search for purpose. However, the village is deserted with little life apart from the Pokemon with amnesia. So the secret of the village is yet to be revealed also.

In this RP most of your character bios will be either unknown, yet to be revealed or just simply N/A. You can already have a backstory for your OC's and reveal information about them throughout the RP or just simply make it up as you go along. You can introduce small details and your own story arcs within the RP and I'll try my best to thread it into the plot of the RP. This world is only Pokemon no humans are allowed to be in this RP so every character is going to be a Pokemon OC.

I'm struggling for inspiration when it comes to writing so I'm using this as a bit of an exercise when it comes to creating a plot, character development and I thought it'll be great to have other people involved, so I'm excited to get this started.

Rules:
-Be sure you're familiar with Pokecharms Role play rules before joining!
-Be sure to use proper grammar
-Be consistant with the continuity (make sure everything makes sense and don't do random actions that doesn't make sense in the context of the RP, so if your badly injured you won't be suddenly healed an hour later and sprinting around like you never were. Just an example.)
-Please be as creative and experimental as you want to be, don't play it safe. Use this as a way to express your self and exercise your creative skills.
-Use "Soggy Lillypad" in other in order to get accepted
-Please don't start getting mad if somebody does something that interrupts your character in anyway. Try to introduce how that changes or affects your character. This is about discovering every bodies pasts and story arcs going to overlap
-Please be kind and accepting of everyone, no matter their skillset.
-no shinies

Character Template: If it says (Unknown) then it is yet to be revealed and you can update it another time when it is revealed within the RP.
Name: (Unknown) Perhaps you gain a nickname before finding out your real name.
Species:
Personality:
Appearance:
Backstory: (Unknown)
Relations: (Unknown)
Other:

Name: (Unknown)
Species: Hakamo-o
Personality: He is a rather laid back Pokemon and doesn't take too much too seriously. He likes to joke around and find the light in dark situations. He's rather curious and carelessly gets into trouble a lot.
Appearance: His plate on his forehead is missing and has a purple scar where it should be. He wears a necklace that has a puzzle piece attached. He has bandages wrapped tightly around both his thighs that both have a slight tinge of red.
Other: Soggy Lilypad

Link to RP: https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-pokemon-of-ridgewater.21036/

Last edited:
Name: Tiny
Species: Skiddo
Personality: Tiny is a very fearful Pokemon. He's mostly always worried or terrified, this leading to him being a rather jumpy and easily scared Pokemon. It is really easy to scare, hurt or upset Tiny even if it wasn't intended, he's a very sensitive soul. He does not take to strangers well but becomes very close to those he knows and trusts. Underneath all the fearing Tiny is actually a rather brave Pokemon. His big heart ensures he cares for a lot of Pokemon and if he needs to rise to the occasion he can be brave and fearless.
Appearance: Tiny, as suggested by his name, is a smaller than average Skiddo but his size allows him to be rather fast. Often when scared his leafy coat will fluff up like a cats fur. Other than that he has no distinguishing/unique features.

Name: (Real name: Christopher) (Nickname: Tiny) Could some character give him that nickname in the RP XD
Species: Skiddo
Personality: Tiny is a very fearful Pokemon. He's mostly always worried or terrified, this leading to him being a rather jumpy and easily scared Pokemon. It is really easy to scare, hurt or upset Tiny even if it wasn't intended, he's a very sensitive soul. He does not take to strangers well but becomes very close to those he knows and trusts. Underneath all the fearing Tiny is actually a rather brave Pokemon. His big heart ensures he cares for a lot of Pokemon and if he needs to rise to the occasion he can be brave and fearless.
Appearance: Tiny, as suggested by his name, is a smaller than average Skiddo but his size allows him to be rather fast. Often when scared his leafy coat will fluff up like a cats fur. Other than that he has no distinguishing/unique features.
this bio is fine apart from the name since that's meant to be revealed at a later date and a nickname can't really be forced. Your character can name themselves but has to be in the RP. Other than that your accepted

@Gpig5 I'm watching your youtube videos btw ;p Is your name really Finlay?
and yes it is

Looking forward to jumping back into this site, never roleplayed as a mon so this should be fun!
Nickname: Munch
Species: Gulpin
Personality: Definitely not the brightest. Will almost never stop thinking about food and acts very irrationally without taking consequences into consideration. That being said he has a big heart and will try to be of help but will ultimately feel useless as he can't accomplish much.
Appearance: Very small for his species, at ten pounds and one foot and an inch tall. His feather is thinner but longer and goes down his back to resemble hair.

Looking forward to jumping back into this site, never roleplayed as a mon so this should be fun!
Nickname: Munch
Species: Gulpin
Personality: Definitely not the brightest. Will almost never stop thinking about food and acts very irrationally without taking consequences into consideration. That being said he has a big heart and will try to be of help but will ultimately feel useless as he can't accomplish much.
Appearance: Very small for his species, at ten pounds and one foot and an inch tall. His feather is thinner but longer and goes down his back to resemble hair.
accepted

@Martin Pine the Hakamo-o was on the second floor and the locked door was inside on the second floor. So there was no way for him to get down from the second floor. just saying so unless you entered the building and noticed the upstairs door do the same it's a bit off when it comes to continuity

arally

Previously AceAltaria
looks interesting ;o

Species: Dratini
Personality: She is quite the jolly type. She is very optimistic and happy, as well as energetic. However, she is also stubborn and can be quick to jump to conclusions. She is the type to get blamed for a lot of things, but she actually doesn't stir up a whole lot of trouble. She is also pretty smart and adventurous. She hates feeling alone and likes having friends nearby.
Appearance: She is the regular size for a Dratini. Nothing too special stands out about her.
Other: soggy lilypad

looks interesting ;o

Species: Dratini
Personality: She is quite the jolly type. She is very optimistic and happy, as well as energetic. However, she is also stubborn and can be quick to jump to conclusions. She is the type to get blamed for a lot of things, but she actually doesn't stir up a whole lot of trouble. She is also pretty smart and adventurous. She hates feeling alone and likes having friends nearby.
Appearance: She is the regular size for a Dratini. Nothing too special stands out about her.
Other: soggy lilypad
accepted

Name: Unknown (I am open to nicknames)
Species: Kirlia
Personality: He is laid back and informal yet kind and friendly, he is never afraid to talk back to anyone and loves finding extreme ways to have fun. When it comes to battling, he can show a serious and cruel side with morbid threats. He can be somewhat flirty toward females, but not so much as to try and woo them; Calling them 'sweetheart' most of the time regardless of their personality, for unknown reasons, he looks up to Dragon types and despises losing.
Appearance: His 'hair' and 'skirt' are shorter than a usual Kirlia's. He wears a little necklace with an everstone around his neck underneath a brown tattered cloak that could cover his whole body apart from the head.
Other: "What's this I hear about a soggy lilipad?"

Question: I assume you're against shinies in this RP?

Name: Unknown (I am open to nicknames)
Species: Kirlia
Personality: He is laid back and informal yet kind and friendly, he is never afraid to talk back to anyone and loves finding extreme ways to have fun. When it comes to battling, he can show a serious and cruel side with morbid threats. He can be somewhat flirty toward females, but not so much as to try and woo them; Calling them 'sweetheart' most of the time regardless of their personality, for unknown reasons, he looks up to Dragon types and despises losing.
Appearance: His 'hair' and 'skirt' are shorter than a usual Kirlia's. He wears a little necklace with an everstone around his neck underneath a brown tattered cloak that could cover his whole body apart from the head.
Other: "What's this I hear about a soggy lilipad?"

Question: I assume you're against shinies in this RP?
accepted and im against shinies yes

I hope this is okay. :p

Name: Unknown
Species: Purrloin
Personality: This Purrloin lives up to her Type: She is extremely cold and loves pranking others, even if it means stalking them to learn their routine so she could set up a dozen traps along their way. Most of the time, she is sarcastic. Around Female Pokémon, she is mean and aggresive, since she views them as walking enemies. She might be friendly towards you if you share the same interests as her. Has a weak spot for Normal Types, but doesn't remember why.
Appearence: She is a bit bigger than average Purrloin. For some reason, she has a Grey medallion around her neck.
Backstory: Unknown
Relations: Unknown

I hope this is okay. :p

Name: Unknown
Species: Purrloin
Personality: This Purrloin lives up to her Type: She is extremely cold and loves pranking others, even if it means stalking them to learn their routine so she could set up a dozen traps along their way. Most of the time, she is sarcastic. Around Female Pokémon, she is mean and aggresive, since she views them as walking enemies. She might be friendly towards you if you share the same interests as her. Has a weak spot for Normal Types, but doesn't remember why.
Appearence: She is a bit bigger than average Purrloin. For some reason, she has a Grey medallion around her neck.
Backstory: Unknown
Relations: Unknown
Accepted
Another question I have is will the Pokemon have a full move set given or due to their amnesia need time to 're-learn' it?
I guess relearn it but your Pokemon will still be able to do it. But have forgotten that they can. Maybe when they’re under distress, muscle memory kicks in and they use a move they knew previously

Is it ok to have two characters. I was thinking that one could be related to my other character and the one with their full memory trys to find the one who lost their memory? I wanted to ask before I done both bios.

Is it ok to have two characters. I was thinking that one could be related to my other character and the one with their full memory trys to find the one who lost their memory? I wanted to ask before I done both bios.
that should be fine but the character with their memories shouldn't be introduced straight away and be not from the village so that they dont know the villages past either

Cool. I can work with that. Iwas not going to bring them up yet anyway. I will probably do the bios tonight and post them later on tonight. I have to work on the backstory part of my characters first.

(Idk how many chars I can have so I'll use one for now and now I understand once I read back so I'll edit this)

Name: (Unknown)(She is open to nicknames)
Species: Jolteon
Personality: Shy, Gentle, Unable to speak, Sweet
Appearance: Just a normal colored Jolteon but has a long scar across her throat losing her voice permanently. She wears bells on her ears and tail and on her left leg
Other: Soggy Lillypad

Name: (Unknown)(She is open to nicknames)
Species: Ninetales
Personality: Sweet, Gentle, Protective, Calm
Appearance: Just a normal colored Ninetales but with a red Levi around her neck

Last edited:
(Idk how many chars I can have so I'll use one for now)

Name: Belle
Species: Jolteon
Personality: Shy, Gentle, Unable to speak, Sweet
Appearance: Just a normal colored Jolteon but has a long scar across her throat losing her voice permanently. She wears bells on her ears and tail and on her left leg
Backstory: She was running from wild Houndoom as one managed to grab her throat and tear out her vocal cord leaving the long scar afterwards once it healed but was unable to speak afterwards. She became fearful of the Houndoom ever since. She knows sign language.
Relations: None
Your characters information is meant to be yet to be revealed

So mine won't be revealed yet but what I meant to say is am I accepted
I would prefer it if the character bio was partially hidden like everyone else’s so that it’s a secret for everyone else aswell, u can possibly update as it’s revealed throughout the rp. Also it may change to follow the continuity of the plot if need be.

@LunarSilvally, I think he meant that the character sheet is filled out as the rp goes. You can come up with the stuff on the sheet now, but he wants it to be a surprise to everyone so it can come up in the rp naturally.